My sister removed me from her wedding party because I am pregnant: Am I overreacting?

This may be long so bear with me…my sister asked me to be in her wedding a few months ago…we went and tried on dressed and got fitted for them…i was so excited she asked me since we havent always got along but things have been tons better lately…but i recently found out i was pregnant…her wedding is in 6 months and she literally me out because my dress wont fit me anymore and she doesnt want a pregnant person in her party…she wants a “certain look”…i am shattered and dont even know if i want to go now…am i over reacting because of pregnancy hormones?

410 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My sister removed me from her wedding party because I am pregnant: Am I overreacting? - Mamas Uncut

No you’re not overreacting your sister sounds like a b!tch. I wouldn’t wanna go either after that.

I would be super offended and would NOT attend to the wedding! This is very hurtful in my opinion.

27 Likes

That’s messed up!!!

4 Likes

I’d be pissed. I had two very pregnant girls in my wedding party. It didn’t effect the “look” or take away from my attention. (not that I’d have cared but still) one of my nephews was born 4 days after my wedding and the other 2 months later. I think if my sister removed me from her wedding for that reason I’d have a hard time attending her wedding at all as well.

16 Likes

Don’t go, show her the same support she has shown u for ur pregnancy :v: make sure u don’t invite her to any of ur pregnancy events

24 Likes

I would not go at all!!

3 Likes

Even as a guy I agree that is not right. You are sisters there should be no one she should want to celebrate her big day with than you besides her new spouse of course. Wish you the best of luck in your future and I pray you two can get through this but it’s going to take some work and time.

11 Likes

That’s so mean of her don’t go to the wedding cut her out of your life

4 Likes

Set her wedding on fire

16 Likes

You aren’t over reacting. Your sister is a d I c k

18 Likes

Fck the wedding! Dont attend it at all

6 Likes

this is not a sister i would have.

7 Likes

What a shitty sister. You aren’t overreacting i wouldn’t even bother or let it get 7pu that upset. Just shows how much of an asshole your sister is. Sorry xx

You are not overreacting your sister is a witch with a capital B. I would be offended and I would boycott her wedding

5 Likes

That’s very nasty of your sister … this is her niece or nephew… I wouldn’t be attending her wedding at all.

6 Likes

Idk I’m on the fence with this one. It is HER wedding, she hopefully only has one and I don’t blame her for wanting it “perfect” for her and her groom/bride. That said I wouldn’t kick someone out of MY party because of it but I can see where people would.

I wouldn’t let it get to you honestly, I know it’s hard not to but in the end it will only hurt you worse. Let it roll off your shoulders and don’t go if that’s what you feel is best!

2 Likes

Who gets their bridesmaid dresses fitted 6 months in advance?

8 Likes

Her wedding her choice. Your choice also, if u want to attend.

5 Likes

Maybe you need to let her know how you feel because if you don’t your going get angrier

Ehhhh…
think of ALL THE Bridesmaids BS your escaping, Not to mention all the Expense of being a bridesmaid!! Especially since she seems to maybe be a Bridezilla already your Dodging a bullet!
I’d go, ONLY so as not to upset your parents and Only for that reason. Give her a not so great gift . Dont forget you get to enjoy a nice rehearsal and wedding reception dinner and open bar as a GUEST…
Just tell her :
I understand, I’ll be pretty pregnant by the time your wedding day arrives, it is best I not be in the wedding party, no worries…
She’s EXPECTING you to Flip out …
Don’t give her the satisfaction!!
Besides, who wants to be put threw all that wedding stuff pregnant, too much work, you need to relax

15 Likes

wow , nope … you have every right to be upset and to be hurt … shame on your sister :rage: … I would disown her and tell her to kick rocks

2 Likes

Tell her you understand and maybe you can be in her next one…because with her attitude, pretty sure there will be another one…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

24 Likes

She expressed it a bit rude for sure but overall it is her wedding and she gets to make the choices I suppose. Also you never know if you were to go into labor early or end up having some medical issues that would keep you from standing up. If you don’t want to go that’s up to you of course but I don’t think you should take it personal

My good friend from high school had a sister who was 6 months pregnant and I would’ve been 8…baby came early…she was super nervous about us but the dresses were bought with room for alterations. I’d be offended… the base of your relationship kinda speaks for it though? Maybe it’s not a surprise she responded this way…However. I will say
Shes the bride and unfortunately there will be tears by a few as the bride gets what she wants, how she wants. Bridezilla.

1 Like

That’s very hurtful.

Ummm her wedding her choice

5 Likes

Be a good sport and support her. Even if its not how you would do things
If not. Be the bitch. And dont attend. Dont make her day about you.

Also did you buy your own dress because if you did I would sue her because that’s just me and if they wanna be petty so can i

3 Likes

I would not even go!

2 Likes

You can’t blame her for wanting a “ perfect wedding with certain look “ but you don’t have to agree, if you feel way just do not attend the wedding

4 Likes

Honestly, I see both sides. To her credit, pregnant women tend to inadvertently steal the show. I don’t blame her for not wanting you to be the photogenic focal point of her wedding and by extension, her wedding pictures.

On the other hand, I understand your hurt and your frustration at the situation. You don’t want to feel pushed away during a time in her life that you thought you’d get to intimately share with her.

7 Likes

Pretty immature of your sister but it’s her wedding.
I personally wouldn’t attend.
I’m not about those BS family members!

4 Likes

Wow just wow I seriously have NOT ever heard anything like that no to go because you are pregnant and especially not being your sister do go let her see how it feels

1 Like

Sorry to hear. That is very hurtful.

1 Like

Your sister being a bridezilla how unkind

1 Like

Both weddings I was in we didn’t do anything about dresses til a couple months out and both dresses had to be altered. Finished in plenty of time. Also I don’t really get along with my sister. We have our moments but she didn’t come to my wedding either. Personally I would be offended. I’m not the type of person to keep my mouth shut either so I wouldn’t go. The only way I would end up not saying something that I probably shouldn’t would be to not go.

Weddings are to not only celebrate the bride/groom but, also to welcome them into the family and to celebrate having another family member added.

To me everyone should be invited and the only reason why someone shouldn’t be is if they would cause trouble, on a tight budget or not a close family member.

1 Like

It sucks but it’s HER wedding, HER day. You just have to accept her decision & if you choose not to go to her wedding she needs to accept yours as well.

10 Likes

Yes. Her wedding her choice.

1 Like

I had something kinda like this happen to me.
My Best friend of 24yrs got married and I wasn’t invited AT ALL . Due to another girl whom she invited didn’t like me . I was extremely hurt as I thought our friendship meant more than that girls .
Turned out this girl she invited nearly ruined her wedding by complaining about everything she could . My ex-BFF end up having to pay for her fuel to even get there :rofl:
I realized we weren’t so close after all so I backed away once I realized she was a wolf in sheeps skin .
I know you’re hurting over this . Although people above are right . She sounds like a bridezilla. With the money you’re going to save take yourself and do something extra special for your new arrival :heart:

1 Like

Honestly thats sad! What a harsh world we live in today!

I mean I can see this from both sides…its only a wedding at the end of the day. I definitely wouldn’t cut my sister out of my life over this. It’s her day maybe she has dreamed about her wedding for ever and wants it to be exactly how she Envisioned. Enjoy your pregnancy and dont stress about a situation that really isn’t worth the energy. I would be the bigger person and go to the wedding :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

I wouldn’t go to the wedding

1 Like

I think it’s a bit messed up of her honestly. But it’s whatever it’s her wedding. Personally I’d opt not to go all together if it was me since I “didn’t fit the look” of her wedding enough to be kicked out of the wedding party.

3 Likes

I wouldnt want to stand next to someone like that anyways …

I wouldn’t go to her wedding… that’s harsh and hurtful…

1 Like

I think it is rude and hurtful because she is making your pregnancy the issue. I would be extremely hurt but she is showing you her true colors and it’s up to you to forgive and move on or distance yourself from her. Was she always like that?

Eww. I mean it’s her wedding so it’s her choice, but still doesn’t excuse her behavior in any way. People like that disgust me. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

That is super messed up. You have two options here, suck it up and be the supposed bigger person and go to the wedding with class and grace OR decide that just because she’s related to you doesn’t mean you have to be treated so poorly and cut your losses. It really depends on whether or not this decision is just indicative of who she is and who she will continue to be or if this is just ridiculous bridezilla immaturity. Only you know.

My sister in law was pregnant with my niece, I ended up buying a bigger size dress for her so she was comfortable. I wanted everyone that ment something to me there. Maybe it’s a blessing because you said you’ve never really been that close anyway that way you know how she really feels about you x

2 Likes

Wouldn’t want to go if she’s getting on like that

Maybe I’m not one to be giving advice as I’m pregnant too…but this is just crazy to me. If this were my sister & I, my sister would be ecstatic that I’m pregnant. No way she would kick me out of her wedding bc I was pregnant. I couldn’t even imagine. If I were in your situation I would be hurt, I don’t think I’d even attend the wedding. Wow. I’m sorry girl! Keep your head up & decide in 6 months if you want to go or not. You don’t have to make a decision today :sparkling_heart: good luck with your pregnancy!

3 Likes

It’s not wrong to take it personally, but since the dress was fitted for unpregnant you then it will no longer fit in 6 months. It’s easier to take a dress in than let it out.

1 Like

It seems like she’s body shaming, that’s sad. I don’t think you’re overreacting at all, I personally wouldn’t go. Why support someone who’s not supporting you?

2 Likes

I’d show up in a white fancy pregnancy dress :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go PERIOD

Personally, I just hate the attitude of “Her wedding, her choice”. What’s happened with weddings? Why is it okay to potentially ruin relationships and/or hurt friends and family to have “the perfect look”. At the end of your life, it won’t matter! The focus is still on the bride and she can still have the wedding the way she wants.
Personally I think it’s mean spirited and self centred to exclude your sister because she’s pregnant and will ruin the aesthetic.

15 Likes

nope, that’s awful- i definitely wouldn’t go.

That is really harsh :frowning: mean too… but also looking at it in a different way… it IS HER wedding. So she should be able to do things hownshe wants. You dont want to regret NOT going.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go tbh. I wasn’t pregnant and my sister still didn’t choose me for bridal party so :tipping_hand_woman: took a lot of convincing from people to get me to go tho.

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! What she did was a bit immature, but it is her wedding. You should ask yourself if you would regret not going to her wedding or would be okay with not going. Base your decision off of that. Weight out the pros and cons. I would definitely sit down with her and tell her exactly how you’re feeling. Let her know that you’re so hurt that there might be a possibility that you won’t attend. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

3 Likes

My sister was in my wedding party and literally had her baby 27 days later. You not ask people to be in your wedding party fora “look” you ask them to be in your wedding party cause you love them and they support you. Even though it’s her big day I think it’s a selfish move on her part

4 Likes

Disgusting. I didn’t know a wedding was about looks? :rofl: love and having your family gather by your side. ew I wouldn’t even go. A look is certain colors or styles of dresses but being prego? Never ever heard of someone taking it this far. Prob a good thing yall aren’t that close… I’d tell her I only want “certain people to “LOOK” at my baby when it’s born & stand by it. I wouldn’t want an aunt like that to my kid anyways.

1 Like

I would not attend tbh . I would never out my sister just because I want a certain look for the wedding or because she was pregnant. If she can’t see that she’s hurting your feelings than honestly ? You’re better off.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your baby :black_heart:
My point of view if my sister was pregnant when I got married I wouldn’t have cared about a certain look for my wedding, I’d be to happy to know I was going to be an Aunty and would happily still include her in my wedding. A dress can be changed to fit a person especially if she wanted you in the wedding. Life happens and we don’t always have control! Your sister should step back and maybe think about everything before she reacted because she was negative, yes I see it’s her wedding but at the end of the day you are sisters and that should come before anything which sadly I know it doesn’t.

I personally wouldn’t go if she continues to act the way she is. One day she’ll see how her behaviour was wrong. (The it’s her wedding her choice brain wash is ridiculous, it is not an excuse to treat people horribly)

6 Likes

I wouldn’t go. It’s definitely her wedding, but she’s be having it without me. And if she’s ok with that then more power to her

1 Like

I was 5months prego at my sisters wedding, and you could barely tell I was pregnant. I also got an empire waist that makes it easier to hide a pregnancy also. You may or may not even be showing much at that time!
But ya, if someone had that attitude about it, I’d be ditching out on them.

1 Like

Your sister is clearly a bridzilla and honestly if this is the way she is acting you don’t want to be around that crap on the wedding day. Go to the wedding to show your support and be the better person in this situation and be excited for the baby to come. You actually dodged a bullet cause if she is going for a “certain look” and not the celebration with family and friends as she marries the love of her life things will just get messy and stressful going forward

7 Likes

Not your wedding. It’s hers so don’t go if you don’t want to but at the end of the day it’s what she wants. So be mad whatever but there’s nothing you can do about it

4 Likes

More $ to spend on your baby… f her

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go.shes a A hole.
Congratulations :confetti_ball: with your future little bubba that’s on the way :baby_bottle:

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s becoming very normal these days.Don’t worry dear.Move on with your life.

1 Like

Id def be hurt. If its a possibility offer to pay for a new dress so you can still be in yhe wedding party… even just to call her bluff? Is she seriously not wanting you to be in it because you will look a bit bigger? :disappointed: thats so mean!

1 Like

She’s messed UP for doing that. She can keep her “look” I wouldn’t go…

7 Likes

Perhaps she thought wedding close to your due date:) didn’t want you exhausted … it’s a huge day! I remember…
Strange that she got you fitted for a dress …

1 Like

Very happy for your pregnancy, stuff your sister, proves how shallow she is. I know it hurts but I think she is wrong. Talk to her, in the end it’s your decision but ask her directly why

2 Likes

What a Bit$h!!! Her loss not yours. That is a terrible thing to do!!!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:what is wrong with people. CONGRATULATIONS :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

No. That’s a blow. It seems like she could find some way to get a dress that would allow for your pregnancy and not be so concerned about her “certain look”. I’m not even sure what that means. Is she going for all skinny or something? I don’t know. I’m so sorry that you’re hurt over this. I wouldn’t blame you if you did skip the wedding.

4 Likes

I was nearly 7 months pregnant for my best friend’s wedding and you couldn’t really tell with the dress I wore. Ask her if you could have a different design dress or you will pay for any alterations that need doing. If she still refuses then yeah she’s very shallow and not doing this for the right reasons apart from making it a show wedding. Congratulations on baba xx

1 Like

Honestly you have no idea how you are going to feel at that point. Morning sickness, swollen legs feet ankles, fatigue… I would just let it go.

2 Likes

Then tell her when you have the baby that she isn’t welcome because you want a “certain look” in your photos :woman_shrugging:t3:

14 Likes

It’s sad that she is more worried about her theme then her sister. But, even though your hurt, it still your sister. And, you should still attend the wedding. But, that’s your choice!

2 Likes

Yes I’d be livid. Wanting a certain look? Give me a break. Smh.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go that’s so fucked up

That’s terrible and I would be so hurt. I would definitely let her know how you feel. I would not ask her to reconsider but I would at least let her know that she is being shitty. Karma has a way of teaching people. I feel like she is being unsupportive of you and a selfish brat. I know it’s her wedding but she is discriminating against you. Not ok in my opinion. Sorry she is acting this way. And when the baby comes I would keep my distance.

No you’re not but she is.

Um cause you know pregnant women tend to get a lot of attention with all the “oh congratulations” “how far along are you” “oh is this your first child” etc… maybe just wants to be the center of attention on her special day and doesn’t want you to steal the spot light :person_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

Nope…she’s a a$$… but congratulations on your pregnancy!!

No- but walk away and don’t be involved.She is a spoiled brat — enjoy your pregnancy! So special, don’t let someone like her ruin it for you.

3 Likes

Actually, if you’re pregnant now and it’s in six months, she’s doing you a huge favour. I get where she’s coming from because a pregnant person generally is a distraction from the bride (totally unintentionally, guests are just thoughtless as they admire your bump whilst ignoring the bride!) I’m sure you want the day to be about her. Hey, my bridesmaids both had the same bob in the same colour and looked like twins on the day… About you though … I’ve done a wedding at seven months pregnant. I was huge and got tired easily. I also found people were often jostling me and I got knocked over completely. Enjoy being the pregnant sister, bask with smugness over your fecundity and the size of your bump, whilst sitting down whenever possible with your feet up! And definitely get some glamorous flats as you really won’t want heels, and pregnancy pantyhose or hold ups. Go online to get a fabulous pre-loved maternity formal dress. And just enjoy yourself. Being in a wedding party is a lot of running and standing around so, whatever her given reasons, just be secretly grateful!

2 Likes

You are not overreacting at all. I would be devastated! Her relationship with her sister, having her sister by her side and being proud to have you stand beside her should all be more important than how her bridal party “looks”. There are so many beautiful dresses that would be able to accommodate a bump. I’m so sorry this has happened to you.

3 Likes

Shes not a real friend.

1 Like

I’m not trying to put salt on a wound….
I was just in a wedding. I was suppose to be 8 months pregnant, and she literally chose dresses that would fit me regardless of how far along. I tried to Back out, and she wouldn’t let me. I ended up having a miscarriage, so it didn’t matter really. But still

I’m sorry this is happening to you.

Yep you are. It’s her day and Lots of brides would do the same

7 Likes

It’s her wedding. Sorry you are dealing with this but her certain look matters since it’s her day! I dont think you’re overreacting because of course you are sad about it but again, Its her wedding.

4 Likes

She’s sounds vain and I would let it go because nothing you do will faze that kind of person

8 Likes

No I wouldn’t go, I’d book a vacation somewhere the same weekend.

8 Likes

I’d be a bit miffed but on the other side of the coin, I wouldn’t want to be in the wedding being that pregnant.

3 Likes