My sister removed me from her wedding party because I am pregnant: Am I overreacting?

Wow I’m sorry buddy. I was just in a wedding I actually had said no because my back is terrible then that morning her bridesmaid had covid so what could I do but say yes on her special day. If anyone had been pregnant it would of been just fine pregnant women are so so pretty they do catch my eye. I hope she made this decision for your health :pray: I do could u bring urself to ask her?

Not overreacting. I chose my bridesmaids because they were people that I wanted to be by my side on my wedding day regardless of how they looked. I feel like it’s petty to cut you out because you are pregnant.

19 Likes

I got kicked out of wedding for being pregnant. I get this feeling. It was my best friend, and her second wedding. I was supposed to be in her first wedding and got booted from that one too, because I was a college student and couldn’t afford the $400 dress she picked out. We aren’t friends anymore. This is different, because this is your sister. I would be upset also. I had a pregnant bridesmaid in my wedding and it did not at all take away from my day, and I picked dresses that would work with a growing belly. While I understand that brides have a certain look they are going for, what was important to me was having the most important people, no matter what, standing with me on my day, but that’s just me.

8 Likes

Yes be upset, my niece had 2 very pregnant people, its just life especially around that age of marriage, the pics turned out super nice and it was no big deal

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go she is conceded you are better off without her

2 Likes

I think that it is ridiculous. I am sorry that she did that to you.

1 Like

Honestly I’d say ok then I’m out completely and wouldn’t go. But I have nothing to do with my half sister or half brother at all and it’s staying that way. Sorry your sister is being like this and hopefully she will see how wrong she is to treat you that way

3 Likes

No it sucks that she doesn’t want you to be in the wedding regardless if your are pregnant or not. If her bridal party looks are that more important to her than family, then it sucks to be her. I have 2 sisters as well, and 1 isnt too thrilled that im pregnant as well. She gave me the most disrespectful rude, and not so nice acceptance. Since shes a nurse, i have to remind her that shes my sister not my mother or doctor. Keep in mind im the oldest of both. I told her off, and im gonna do what im gonna do.

She’s wrong, but I wouldn’t add any drama. Go to the wedding and after the wedding enjoy mingling with family and friends and eat lots of good food!!

2 Likes

Jesus, people, this is about the bride and groom… not the pregnant bridesmaid.

A thoughtful, caring friend/sister would offer to step aside. The wedding is in 6 months. She will be just about ready to deliver.

A pregnant bridesmaid is not ideal, a HEAVILY pregnant bridesmaid could be a nightmare… anything could happen.

It sounds as though she would be 8 or 9 months along, right?

She could go into labor just before or even during the festivities.

She could just not feel well.

She could have morning sickness.

Her back could hurt.

Her feet could swell.

She would most probably slow down the timeline of the event for the photographer.

It might be uncomfortable if not actually painful to perform all the bridesmaid duties, taking pictures, helping with the dress, etc.

The focus of the event should be on the special day of the bridal couple.

Everyone would most probably be looking to the comfort of the pregnant bridesmaid.

Rather than making everything about herself, the poster should be gracious and step aside.

Sheeeesh…

10 Likes

No i wouldnt go she shallow

I don’t really understand the people saying they want a “certain look”. People’s feelings, people in general are more important than looks, no?

16 Likes

I would be upset. My sister in law was a bridesmaid in my wedding and was 8 months pregnant. I was so excited to have my niece in the pictures and we tell her that she was there all the time, just getting a ride from mommy! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

17 Likes

The poster is being self centered and self absorbed.

Let the bride and groom have their wedding without having to cater to a heavily pregnant woman who does not seem like the type who would suck it up to make this day perfect for the bridal couple.

I’m sorry your feelings are hurt it would hurt mine too
I personally don’t think your sister should care if your pregnant but some people just get a certain image in their mind and turn into bridezilla. If that’s what she wants respect her wishes and still go she’s your sister and it’s her big day. I’d def let her know it hurt your feelings but I’d def be understanding besides very rarely are those damn bridesmaids dresses cute or flattering.

I was pregnant for my sisters wedding and it was really hard I had to go to bed by 7pm - consider it a blessing in disguise

3 Likes

That’s rude and disgusting honestly.

Well, this day is about her, not you. If she chose to remove you from her wedding party because it doesn’t fit her aesthetic then that’s her choice. You’ll be thankful when you’re that far along and you don’t need to deal with everything that being in a wedding has to deal with.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t go. Book a vacation instead!

5 Likes

Don’t go
Her loss
Don’t stress

1 Like

She sounds like a very shallow person. If looks are more important to her than a sister’s love, then don’t go to her wedding. People will ask her where you are and I hope she’s embarrassed. Get a copy of your ultrasound, box it up in wedding paper or put it in a card and send that along w someone as your “gift”.

9 Likes

Not overreacting. You’re sister is a spoiled little brat.

10 Likes

We just don’t show love to each other anymore…

In the last days . . . men shall be . . . without natural affection" (2 Timothy 3:1-3).

Definition-
Storge (“natural affection”) is one of several Greek words for “love,” but it is never used at all in the protestant Bible. It refers to the natural love that members of the same family have for each other.

3 Likes

No you are not over reacting that’s actually so rude for someone to do to someone!!
What kind of look is she trying to go for I thought having a wedding all the matters is being with the people who love and care about you so thats pathetic someone wouldn’t want someone at a wedding cause they are pregnant

Simple, just don’t invite her to anything when she gets pregnant and make sure to let her know it’s because her pregnancy and appearance throw off the vibe you’re going for. Also, go to the wedding and do a gender reveal mid reception :kissing_heart: oh snap, I thought this was the terrible advice group. On a real note, thank her for letting you out of all the bridezilla BS that you would have to endure and definitely go to the wedding, you’ll get to go and relax and enjoy your family and friends without any duties other than showing up.

16 Likes

She is wrong and one day she will regret it. Be the better person and go, and you will have no regrets.

8 Likes

That is horrible! I was the maid of honor in my sisters wedding and I was about 6 months pregnant.

1 Like

Oh wow! What kind of sister does that; I’m so sorry love!!! I wouldn’t even bother going and I would prob cut her off completely bc I don’t have that kind of energy or ppl in my life family or not. That’s not okay, hugs!!

1 Like

I was also pregnant at my sisters wedding. She bought me a new dress that would actually fit. Your sister sounds like a bummer- you’re probably better off! Kick your feet up and wear something comfy. :metal:

1 Like

It is her day and she is right, considering if the dress is ordered or tailored now, it won’t fit… don’t make a big deal about it, instead offer to be the MC for her… or something else you can do, without causing any conflict. It’s her day, let her have it!!! She has a vision of what her big day should look like, im close with my sisters and if they did the same thing, I’d be supportive.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go where I’m not wanted.

4 Likes

No… if it were me I’d be happy to have you both (you and the baby) in my wedding. That’s selfish and shallow of her.

6 Likes

This is her big day and she wants it perfect. It’s sad she doesn’t want you in it now that you are pregnant. But I can see her point to a degree. Your dress will be different than the others. To me, it wouldn’t matter at all, but some people need everything perfect! Try not to let this bother you!! Stress is not good on your pregnancy. BTW: I’d still go to her wedding. This is her big day and the moment you get salty and don’t go, you are making it about you!!

8 Likes

That’s pretty bad of her. Your not over reacting. I would be really pissed off. Just go as a guest. But have that dress fixed for you and go in it. Have a good baby.

How sad…and so wrong.

Been in a similar situation. Find you a new sister :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. She sounds awful. I wouldn’t want to celebrate with her.

3 Likes

You’re throwing a fit over nothing. It’s her wedding, stop making it about you.

9 Likes

If that’s what she wants on her day then so be it. However it shows where her priorities stand and who they are with "herself’. You’ll probably enjoy it more as a guest, and possibly might get to watch Karma ride in on her dress train. So maybe bring snacks… :thinking: Crunchy ones. :laughing::laughing:

10 Likes

I wouldnt want to go anymore. What a b****

5 Likes

Omg all you women. It’s her sisters day not hers does it suck well yea. But I mean in 6 months your dress won’t fit and being pregnant and glowing you’ll take away from the bride. Let her have her day and just offer to help anywhere else.

No I absolutely wouldn’t go if she wants to be embarrassed by you being pregnant :woman_shrugging:

I know exactly how you feel my sister didn’t want me as her bridesmaid cos I was pregnant… it hurts yes but hey I got over it …not worth it …

1 Like

On the one hand: Not including you because it doesn’t fit the look she’s going for is extremely shallow and not ok.
On the other hand: It may not as simply as it’s stated.
*She’s correct that in six months you will not be able to wear it. You’ll likely need an entirely different dress. Because you have no idea how big exactly you’d need in six months the dress would need to possibly be purchased too close for comfort to the wedding.
*Unfortunately she’s probably afraid that as a bridesmaid your pregnancy may upstage her wedding. while you wouldn’t do it intentionally it’s been known to happen. And it can feel hurtful to the couple.
*Idk how far along you are right now…but people find out between 6-8 weeks. In six months you’re looking at being 7.5-8 months pregnant. Realistically speaking it’s entirely possible that at that point you won’t actually feel up to or might not be able to maintain your commitment as a bridesmaid. That’s totally ok. But it’s something she needs to consider beforehand.

If I was you…I would take a step back and just try to look at things with a neutral perspective. Try to put yourself in her shoes…ask yourself some hard questions about all of this. And be honest with yourself.
Maybe take some time to feel her out.
Talk to her. Don’t lash out but be honest. After how much you’ve struggled to have a good relationship together it hurts your feelings.
She may not “cave” but if she’s sympathetic and caring of your feelings then go.
If she’s hostile about it then don’t.

12 Likes

Tell her to stick her wedding up her asshole

Definitely not over reacting being pregnant is beautiful

1 Like

l Get paid over $127 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18621 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWorth133.pages.dev/

It’s her wedding be happy for her.

I don’t agree with the bride but it IS her “right” to do it. The bride’s decision to remove her sister from her wedding for the reason stated says A WHOLE LOT about her (and none of it good). We all hear about “bridezillas” and the way otherwise good women change when planning their wedding. I would have to HOPE that this reaction was that and not indicative of who she really is.
Interestingly enough, when my sister was planning her wedding I found out that I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I was her matron of honor and our other sister was her maid of honor. Just like in the OPs case, we had chosen our dresses and even begun fittings. I was nervous about approaching my sister because I was the one who was worried about her having “the look” she wanted and I didn’t want to “ruin” the aesthetic. I’m lucky because my sister was more concerned about how I felt than her “aesthetics”. Every expectant mom is different. For me, 3rd pregnancy & knowing that I would be about 4 months along when the wedding was happening meant that I could “pop” at any point around the date. The ONLY person who had a problem with that was the woman doing the dress alterations! Communication between me & my sister made it all even more fun. Her initial reaction was to congratulate me. Then she ASKED me if I was comfortable staying in the role and if not, she still wanted me to be part of her special day. Long story short- I was on constant guard with my changing body. It was actually a “game” we all played together. We scheduled my fittings to take place at the very last minute. I stood up for my sister and popped the next day!
My advice- you are emotional. Pregnancy hormones play a part but so does everything that is happening with your sister/bride. Try to TALK to her about how you are feeling. Tell her how much it means to be part of her special day. If she stands by her decision (which I do NOT agree with but recognize it IS HER choice) see if there’s a different role you can take to still be part of it. Ultimately she may very well be a “bridezilla” and seem to care more about “her” day. If that’s the case, when you make the decision on what you should do, try to think past this moment. Your sister may very well come to regret her decision and she will have to live with that. Don’t make a decision that YOU will regret because YOU will have to live with THAT. Her wedding will come and go. Relationships ebb and flow over the years. In the end it’s one day and you can’t control the bride’s choices. You can only control your own. I would just caution you not to make an emotional choice that you might come to regret.
And in case no one has said so - congratulations on growing your family!!

8 Likes

Shallow and petty, wouldn’t even go after that. Your sisters periodt.

1 Like

I feel like there’s more to it🤔

If it were me in this situation , I just wouldn’t go.

3 Likes

Don’t go at all, what a C**T

2 Likes

Im sorry, but I wouldnt go.

I don’t agree with her but I understand a little bit. Just ask yourself what will be more important in 5 years is it the relationship with your sister that’s been getting better or a one day event? Yes, your feelings are hurt. Tell her that. Remembering though that her wedding is supposed to be about her and her fiancee, not anyone else. As a Mom of 5, I can tell you that when you are 7 to 8 months pregnant, you’re not going to want to be standing up for the wedding. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the wedding as a guest. I say still be there for her.

2 Likes

Maybe she thinks you’ll steal her spotlight on her big day. Because everybody will be talking about you and the baby. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Not over reacting, that’s such a cruel thing to do. But she’s the bride and she can do anything. They call it bridzilla for a reason. I think what she did was wrong, and makes her look shallow. But I would still go to the wedding, she’s your sister, it’s an important day for her and her husband. That’s who the days suppose to be about. What they want. Personally I’d rather not be in peoples wedding, less stress.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t even go after that. That’s a real low blow. Sad

1 Like

I think the very least she should have talked to you in detail about it. Changing the size of the dress that you obviously had to pay for is what you need to do. I know “it’s the bride’s day” but that is really downright mean.

No ur not over reacting. She’s fkd up period

You need to go to the wedding if your relationship is important to you

2 Likes

l Get paid over $127 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18621 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWorth150.pages.dev/

It’s her wedding. Maybe she doesn’t want a preggo because she/he may be unable to conceive?

1 Like

Shoot my sister wouldn’t even be a bridesmaid in my wedding because teal doesn’t go with her skin tone :roll_eyes:

She sounds like a horrible person. I wouldn’t care if someone in my wedding party was pregnant at all…

3 Likes

I was pregnant at my sister’s wedding and she made me moh :rofl::rofl: I wouldn’t even go to the wedding then.

My best friend did that to me when I got pregnant. I was upset too. In the long run when the event happened I was happy to not be apart of it bc I was then 7 months pregnant. I went for the ceremony and left because all I wanted to do was take a nap.

1 Like

Your sister is being bs I was 8months pregnant in my sister’s wedding

1 Like

You should go and stand up and say my water broke lol. No but really if she cares more about a look than her own sister I wouldnt go. You dont need someone like that in your life. What a horrible aunt. Doesn’t like the look of an unborn baby she’s evil

7 Likes

If my sister had been pregnant at my wedding she would have just gotten a dress to accommodate her bump.

5 Likes

She’s awful. Point blank.

3 Likes

Do you really want to be a 7 month bridesmaid? It’s her wedding let her enjoy her day without having to worry about the spotlight.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t even go, to be honest.

I get that some women want their wedding to be a certain way, but you’re her sister. You’re pregnant with her niece/nephew. She shouldn’t care that your dress is a little tight or needs altering or even if you need a new dress. You’re her sister.

I wouldn’t go and you have every right to feel hurt.

4 Likes

Bc she wants the attention on her, and with a pregnant lady standing beside her, guests won’t be just looking at her.
It’s her wedding. Bur you’re her sister. She could have done other things to " hide " the pregnancy from pictures if she really wanted to ( have you behind someone, made your dress a little more flowy in the belly, hold your flowers infront of your belly )
I would just not go.

1 Like

I would go as her guest absolutely slaying in a similar dress and let her realize she’s a dumb petty B and at 6 months you won’t even be showing much! I was 8 months in my friends wedding and ordered my free large and had it altered and you could hardly tell I was pregnant.

You are not overreacting, that is so bogus of your sister!! I’m sorry you’re dealing with this.

3 Likes

Tell her to kick rocks her and her wedding.

Your sister is incredibly shallow!! I hope she has the day she deserves instead of the day of her dreams.

5 Likes

It’s her wedding, you’re overreacting.

4 Likes

If I had a sister pregnant at my wedding, she’d have to have a bigger dress. :woman_shrugging:
It’s up to you if you go but tbh, at 6mons, you may not have the energy for all that. It’s tiring being pregnant and some ppl handle it better than others. Do you want to be baking a kidney and lungs and have to stand, in pumps, for 30-45 mins?? :confused:
Look at this way, if you go, everyone will be so excited to see you. Ppl love pregnant women. That’ll be your revenge. :smirk::joy::black_heart:

1 Like

Personally, this is pretty low of your sister. There’s no viable excuse to exclude your sister from your wedding especially after you have already asked her. This is ridiculous

8 Likes

She sounds like a bridezilla! If she wants to boot you, her own sister, .out just for being pregnant, that’s sorry. Hope karma visits her soon. Maybe during the wedding!

1 Like

She is awful!! I’ll be angry too😠. You are correct feeling like that. Obviously she wants all the attention in her wedding.

1 Like

JMO…my response to my sister if this were me, would be “cool :+1:have your “look”, I won’t be there”.

8 Likes

Me personally I’d be pissed. :face_exhaling: She should be happy for you. To me it seems she’s a tad upset because it’ll be her day but people will be asking you questions that’ll take that attention away from her. Me being me tho, I’d still go. In a very similar dress, but altered to show her that you could have still been in her party. I’m petty tho…

2 Likes

I cut my little sister out of my wedding because I caught her stealing from me (and that wasn’t the first time). To me that was a reason that made sense. My best friend was 8 months pregnant and a bridesmaid in my wedding. Your sisters reason is bogus…

4 Likes

I was pregnant at my sisters wedding and I was still a bridesmaid. Your sister seems like a :shushing_face: tell her :fu:t3: her and her wedding

5 Likes

Omg wow thats horrible

Your sister is being insensitive but it is her wedding. She gets to choose who she wants. At least you learned she didn’t pick you for you but rather for her “certain look”. You can move forward accordingly.

3 Likes

It’s okay to feel hurt. It is her wedding so just take it at that. Go to the wedding and enjoy it. You will be glad to not have to stand all that time being very pregnant at that time. This will also determine your friendship with your sister. She will probably realize down the road that she made a mistake by doing this and still be thankful you are still on good terms. Remember we are all different and special in our own way.

3 Likes

I was in my moms wedding at 32 weeks. We got a dress that would accommodate the growing belly. Be mad. That’s messed up!!!

3 Likes

My cousin was pregnant and she was in my wedding party. I wanted her in my wedding, and it was just another thing to celebrate and be excited about. Some people only focus on those things, but I personally feel that is the wrong way to do it. So sorry. Wait until she’s pregnant…

1 Like

Wait who’s to say your dress won’t fit??? At 6 months I was barely showing with both of mine.

2 Likes

It is her not you. Terrible

1 Like

I don’t think you’re overreacting. She sounds spoiled as heck. Let her have her wedding even if it means she loses people who should be important to her. I wouldn’t even go to her wedding. I’d let her live her life without me. I was barely showing with my first until I was about to have baby. In fact when I married my first I was 6 months pregnant myself. Be hurt. Understand she can do what she wants, but you don’t have to take it yourself and you have feelings and are valid too and you can cut people out as well. It’s just as much your life as she has her own to make of it. Good luck.

5 Likes

I would be so upset. That’s awful. I’m so sorry you’re hurting in this way. I would not attend the wedding.

2 Likes

If that’s how she feels and is worried more about a look than the sentiments of her sister being in her wedding…then walk on sweet heart with your head held very high…Cause your sister is the problem…If she really wanted you in her wedding. It wouldn’t matter if you had to wear a trash bag for a dress…don’t just kick Rocks but RUN…

One of my best friends was months pregnant at my wedding. In fact, I let my bridesmaids pick their dress and they all decided that they would let my pregnant friend choose whatever made her feel comfortable and they would wear it as well. I’m sorry your sister is being so cruel.

7 Likes

Brides get so wrapped up in focusing on the “perfect wedding” that they TOTALLY forget about other’s feelings. It is best to comply and let go. It is ok to feel bad, but don’t let it dominate your feelings or disrupt your relationship.

5 Likes

That’s just mean… Pretty obvious it’s all about her, after all it is her day …so let her have it.

4 Likes