My sister removed me from her wedding party because I am pregnant: Am I overreacting?

I was 7 months pregnant in my brothers wedding and 8 months pregnant in my best friends wedding as MOH and that’s not an excuse to kick you out of it.

1 Like

That is JUST MEAN; just let her have her way; watch her to receive her karma in the future! when it does please let us know!

5 Likes

If she’s that shallow then I wouldn’t want to be in it anyway. Shame on her. She’s shaming a pregnant woman. Sad :pensive: and her own sister whom she should be happy for.

10 Likes

My bestfriend asked me to be In her wedding we ordered the dresses and literally three days later I found out I was pregnant and she never kicked me out of her wedding she was excited for me and thought id look cute w my belly I was six months at the wedding had to get the dress altered quiet a bit and spent more $ on alterations than I did the dress but it was a great turn out 

That’s when you tell your sister to take her superficial attitude and shove it. I would be super pissed. That’s when I would cut off all communication, negativity like that isn’t needed.

2 Likes

You’re not over reacting. Your sister sounds like an a-hole of she doesn’t want you there because she doesn’t want any pregnant people at her wedding. It’s pretty disgusting on her part to even say that to you. I get wanting to be center of attention, but she shouldn’t be hurting you like that. I hope she gets lots of pregnant people that show up to her wedding.

1 Like

She just doesn’t want you to steal her thunder with your pregnancy glow! How crappy of her!

1 Like

So sorry, she’s a selfish person.

No ur sister is being selfish

Leave her out of your baby shower

7 Likes

You don’t need toxic people like that in your life. Focus on your precious baby right now dont let her steal your joy. Dont worry about going to her wedding she will be married again & never want to look at the first set of wedding pictures from a failed marriage. She most likely will be the cause of the divorce, to materialistic. Congratulations on you gift from god.

2 Likes

She would never see me or my baby again. She doesn’t like or care about you so let her live her life without you in it.
Meanwhile you have a baby in your womb that is so precious and beautiful. Focus on love.

6 Likes

Yes you are overreacting. It’s her wedding and she wants the attention on her not her pregnant bridesmaid. It’s easy to feel overshadowed by someone who is pregnant. Granted she could have just gotten you a dress that would make it less obvious as far as pictures go. Someone commented “people love pregnant people” and that’s the exact reason she doesn’t want you in the wedding :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Walk away. She is a nasty, shallow human. Being pregnant is part of life. You’re not in the wrong.

3 Likes

Not overreacting. What a superficial jerk.
I’m sorry :pensive:

4 Likes

Your sister is a horrible person. I would never talk to her again.

2 Likes

She is being rude not you. Sad cuz that will sit with you for the rest of your life.

That’s awful. I’m so sorry :cry:

2 Likes

Your sister is a turd

Your sister is not a very nice woman. It is her wedding though so don’t fight it but understand she just told you where you fit in her life. Make sure you don’t forget this moment.

3 Likes

She sounds cold hearted to me and very selfish

1 Like

Yea, thats a bit mean hearted.

1 Like

I hate that weddings have turned into “the show” instead of it being a day to share happiness and togetherness with the people you love most. Everything is so superficial.

People spend thousands… THOUSANDS on their wedding for " a certain look". The vows, those can be done anywhere but a wedding IS for the most part all about a certain look and feel because of that look. It may be what she has dreamed of for years. I wouldn’t want to be the one that ruined that look, her dream, that thousands of dollars are being shelled out for and pictures that last a lifetime. Its her day, let her have the look she so dreams of with out guilt. As her sister, I would want her day to be exactly what she has dreamed it will be.

10 Likes

People can say it’s “her day” all they want. Well yeah but you are her sister. She was being shallow and rude. If she was any kind of person she would want her family there to share “her day”. If attention is that important to her, then let her be. I’m sorry you’re going through this. I can tell you really wanted to be there for your sister.

Its her wedding, her choice. I hope she apologized at least! You knew it was to good to be true so move on. I wouldn’t even take it personal!

Your sister is awful and has a gross perspective on life. I had a friend I’m my wedding party who got pregnant and was 8 months pregnant at my wedding. I left it up to her to see if she was comfortable and we found a dress that was comfortable for her.

3 Likes

Your sister is trash so leave her in the trash. How vain must a person be?..…All because your sibling got pregnant. :woman_facepalming:t3:

I think it’s over reacting. You just found out your pregnant. Neither of you know how the pregnancy will go. What if you end up high risk and can’t go at all and she hasn’t planned a back up? What if you still get morning sickness through the whole pregnancy and end up throwing up on the was down the isle when the ceremony starts? You would need to be refitted for a dress a week before the wedding and hope the baby doesn’t grow to much more by then, and hope they have the right style/color dress and can do alterations on it if needed in time. What if you cant stand in the front for the whole ceremony after you get there? You can’t drink or anything with the wedding party when they go out for the bachelorette party now, Depending on what they plan on doing you might not even be able to walk/stand through the whole night if they go to a down town area or anywhere bars are close together and decide to bar hop. All That and she might not want you spending the extra money on dress alterations and what not when you can save that money for things like a crib for the baby.

5 Likes

This is the look she’d get from me🖕

5 Likes

Your sister is nasty. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Wow! That’s actually horrible!

1 Like

Not overreacting at all :disappointed: family can be the most hurtful people.

1 Like

Wow, she doesn’t seem like I person I would want to be around and celebrate. She sounds like a stuck up b and not wanting her sister in her wedding bc she is pregnant is just wow wtf :flushed: and horrible. I wouldn’t go.

2 Likes

That’s just mean :sleepy: your not overreacting at all.

I wouldn’t go and I’d tell her your baby needs a certain look for an aunt and she isn’t it acting that way

11 Likes

Not overreacting! Not a nice thing to do, good luck.

My sister did the same thing. I went, but wish I hadn’t.

4 Likes

So sorry she being this way. Hugs. Wow. I wouldn’t even go if it was me. That’s very rude and shallow of her. Hugs.

Oh my goodness… Quit taking it so personal. Help dress your sister & the other women, help with make up, hair, food, drinks, setting the tone of the day. Give sis pep talks, make sure planner, caterers, dj, flowers are all on point. Take away stress on your sisters special day. Not add to it.

You probably weren’t pregnant when she asked you, so your circumstances changed, not hers.

My daughter was supposed to be a bridesmaid in her childhood best friends wedding & ended up pregnant with twins. She was relieved when her bestie suggested a replacement bridesmaid & my daughter help with all the craziness of the day instead. & Everything went beautifully & my daughter played a much bigger role than just a bridesmaid anyway, as things were not going very according to plan. My daughter knew what the bride wanted & was able to get everyone on the same page & the day went off amazing!

5 Likes

Fuck her! Don’t even attend! Tell that bitch I have plans

Wow. What a horrible person she must be. And honestly, your entire family should be upset with her.

She should have discussed it with you first and been nice about it

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t care personally .It’s very lame and shitty to boycott family especially over one day over a look.You can feel however you want but you should be there as a guest because it’s the right thing to do.

I wouldn’t be mad at all! I would have went to her? And said? I can’t be in your wedding anymore! Because I am pregnant!

1 Like

Nah that’s mean asf. She values her “look” more than her sister and niece/nephew. Hypothetically I’d love to have my pregnant sister in my wedding and photos, that’s memories to look back on ya know. And if shes that worried about her look she could literally just have your dress sized to you again. What a b!tch

I had people trying to talk me out of having my 2 nephews who were 2 yr. old…"they’d ruin my wedding " we didn’t care…we wanted them in it. They were the cutest!!! They came down sat on the steps and ate smarties. Everyone thought it was adorable…

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad . Don’t go she’ll regret telling you this !

2 Likes

That is complete blasphemy. I was pregnant for 3 of my sisters weddings (9mo) and my dads wedding! You deserve better :heart:

5 Likes

Pfff don’t even go to the wedding

1 Like

I wouldn’t take it personally.

NTA. My maid of honor found out she was pregnant shortly after I asked her to be in my wedding. After the congratulations my next question was do you still want to be in the wedding. I wasn’t sure how she would feel about it. She would be about 6 months pregnant by then and she said yes. Her dress was a stretchy velour type fabric and she looked great in it and I was so happy she still wanted to be in my wedding, but I would have understood if she didn’t. I couldn’t imagine telling her I didn’t want her in my wedding.

1 Like

This is bullshit. I would be so upset. Your not wrong at all for feeling the way you feel.

1 Like

She sounds like a terrible person :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

It’s just a wedding party. It’s not like she uninvited you to the wedding.

1 Like

Plus let’s be honest …… some brides don’t want to be overshadowed by the pregnant bridesmaid on their wedding day? Sounds like she’s putting herself first on her wedding day …. And that makes sense to me (I personally wouldn’t mind a pregnant bridesmaid but your sister does and that’s her right)

4 Likes

Maybe shes afraid that she won’t have the attention on her? While it’s kinda a crummy thing to do, I could see the point

3 Likes

Your sister sounds horrible. Don’t go to the wedding. One day she will get her karma. Maybe someone will tell her she’s no longer allowed in there bridal party

5 Likes

That selfish in my opinion. I get having a “look” that she wants to go with, but, you’re her sister and it shouldn’t matter if you’re pregnant or not. I may be petty, but, I wouldn’t even show up at the wedding after that.

4 Likes

Maybe the reason you didn’t get along is because she’s kind of a bad person. Sometimes it’s best to find a new sister. Blood doesn’t have to make you family.

7 Likes

I was 8 months pregnant in my sister’s wedding and her maid of honor. Your sister is being ridiculous!

8 Likes

It’s a shitty thing to do but be the bigger person and don’t let it get to you. I think you should just shake it off, go to the wedding and enjoy yourself anyway. Who knows, you might not want to be in it at that point too.

Her wedding her choice. For you not to go is immature. Like YOU said, y’all haven’t really been getting along until recently. She has a vision for HER wedding and she is allowed to keep that vision. No one knows how big you will be and if the dress will fit.

7 Likes

Don’t go she sounds like a horrible person!!

1 Like

I’d be like, “okay, wanna out me because I’m pregnant? Cool. You’re one and a half guests down. Hope you don’t need me for your next wedding.”:love_you_gesture:t2::melting_face:

9 Likes

Sounds shallow. She obviously places esthetics over relationships. This is her character defect not yours. I’d pity her for not understanding what’s truly important in life.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t go and send her a bill for whatever money I’ve already spent.

3 Likes

You are overreacting, bow out as a bridesmaid but still attend her wedding, looking super cute with your baby bump of course

5 Likes

Thats horrible dont go to her wedding

4 Likes

It’s sad. Your sister is in the wrong. However, it’s her wedding and it’s her choice. Will you be glad later when she regrets her choice?? Yes

1 Like

Bottom line is, it’s her wedding and she has the right to do it anyway she wants. I’m guessing she only wants model size people in her wedding simply for looks which means she’s pretty shallow, fake and judgmental and some of the people in it are there more for their looks than their actual importance to this bratty self centered bride so that being the case, I wouldn’t want to be in it anyway. :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

Your sister is being selfish, in my opinion!! If you don’t go, then that will show her.

2 Likes

I understand you’re probably a bit hurt but a pregnant sister is gonna attract a lot of attention…let her have her day and be gracious about it.
You’ll be the star of the show when you have that wonderful baby xxx

2 Likes

She sounds like a ridiculous individual and I wouldn’t go!!! If anything on her wedding day have your baby shower make it about u and your precious baby!

2 Likes

Your sister is very self centered. You don’t exclude family no matter what the occasion is. If I were you I wouldn’t go to the wedding or be involved in her life at all. I would stay away from her at all cost.

4 Likes

Not overreacting in fact I would make a hugeeeee deal of it if it was me.

1 Like

Go to her wedding and pretend to go into labor during her first dance making a big deal out of it. :rofl: sorry I’m a petty mood but you’re definitely not overreacting.

4 Likes

Damn! My made of honor was 6 months prego…I cherish the memories.

Nah
She just doesn’t want the attention being taken away from her.
I’d ditch that relationship 100%

1 Like

Your sister is a rat! Don’t even go

1 Like

Your sister sounds like an assh*le and I would not even attend the wedding if we’re you.

1 Like

I’d be hurt. That’s messed up. All she has to do is alter the dress to fit your pregnant belly. She’s not a good sister or aunt to your baby. I honestly wouldn’t go probably. Because that’s f***ed up
You’re not over reacting

2 Likes

She wants a certain look? Ok that’s why you all wear what she wants you to wear. Wtf does being pregnant and looking have to do with the "look " she wants? Omg she sounds like a horrible person. That’s just absurd. She doesn’t want anyone taking any notice of you’re pregnant belly and offering you any congratulations at her wedding. That’s what it is. She wants all the attention on her which is fine it is her wedding, but the fact that she thinks you being pregnant is going to take any attention from her is ridiculous and just shows what a jealous mean person she must me.

2 Likes

It is her wedding so just be gracious snd bow out. Go to the wedding looking fecund and glowing!!!

Let it go! Go to the wedding, accept all the well wishes for your baby, have a great time. Your baby is going to want an auntie. My children adored their auntie and miss her terribly since she passed away. BTW, I wasn’t in my sisters wedding because I was pregnant!

She sounds like a real great sister :roll_eyes: blessing in disguise you don’t have to be part of that :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

That’s down right ridiculous I had a cousin accept being in my wedding and can’t back a few weeks later saying she’s sorry but had to change her mind she was pregnant and due the month I was to be Married I said I would accept her refusal ONLY if she really didn’t want to be part of the wedding and couldn’t afford the dress we bought her the same color but different style the the girls chose so her belly would be accommodated and she had contractions the entire ceremony and reception she gave birth 3 days later but was part of all of my special events pictures etc

My best friend did the same thing.
Don’t give her a second thought. She’s being petty.

Honey your not over reacting your dealing with a bridezilla. I would wipe my hands of her

3 Likes

I’m going to play devils advocate for a second. Your sisters wedding is in 6 months so by the time the wedding comes you’ll probably be about 7 months pregnant, maybe farther along. I’m not sure if this is your first baby or if you have other kids but it’s probably a blessing in disguise. Will you feel like standing in heels 7+ months pregnant? What happens if you have to go on bedrest at the last minute? There are SO MANY things that can happen during pregnancy. Hell if I were you, I would be glad to be off the hook because believe me as someone who has been pregnant 4 times, the beginning of my pregnancies were a breeze. I NEVER had morning sickness and I really did not start showing until my 7th-8th month with ALL of them. But when month 7 hit, that’s when :poop: started getting crazy. I’m talking about swelling, back pain, you name it. Instead of being upset, go there looking like a million bucks and ENJOY YOURSELF. Let your sister have HER day. Even though her comment came across as SUPER BITCHY, it’s still her day. :woman_shrugging:t4: Let her have the wedding that she wants.

Take her at her word and what she is showing you. This egotistical, so called sister, cares for nobody but herself. Thank your lucky stars she asked you to.bow out. You’re much better off and in no way at fault. Good luck with the new baby.

6 Likes

Sooo my cousin was lying when she said I wasn’t a bridesmaid because I had just given birth 2 weeks prior to her wedding? (Surrogate pregnancy btw)

I think your sister should let you still be part of her wedding.

I can see now why you haven’t always gotten along. I would NEVER break my sister’s heart like that. Nothing like shaming a pregnant women. This isn’t the 50’s anymore…or is it.

For give her take her some place where you both can talk and let her know that you are hurt, and that you love her and ask her why she does not want you in the wedding just because you are having a baby

It’s her wedding
And at 6 months
You won’t want that bridezilla stress lol

Just telll her
You want to be in her next wedding :rofl::rofl::rofl: jk lmao :rofl:

2 Likes

She is your sister . Forgive …. Don’t forget…. But don’t let it consume you. Just know this is who she is and your place in her life. My brother does stuff like this. I see him 3 or 4 days a year for my parents.

I would be upset too

1 Like

If her wedding is just for looks her marriage is doomed already, and you are definitely right to be upset, I wouldn’t go.

8 Likes

Fuck her! What a superficial bitch. Its probably for the best you don’t even go at all. Make other plans and memories with people who actually love you.