My SO made me feel guilty that he couldn't come to my sonogram: Advice?

U will get plenty more!
And if he knew you had dr visit, why didnt he take off that day or half the day. He cant blame you. Geez

1 Like

Is he going to get mad an blame you if he’s at work the first time the baby smiles, walks, talks, etc?? He needs to grow up.

2 Likes

It’s kind of a BIG DEAL. However, if I were in this situation I would get it done. Why? Because they only do so many visual checks on the baby and you. You’re left wondering for the majority of the pregnancy. I was high-risk toward the end of my pregnancy so I had more checks than usual and I felt so relieved I had more checks than normal. It made me wonder about what life would have been like without all those extra checks. I think it’s something you did for good reason and you can apologize later. Baby comes first!

2 Likes

he has the right to be upset, but that is on him for not making himself available to attend.

nothing to do with you unless u refused to change the date.

1 Like

Ill prob be the odd one out but my husband and I went to every appointment together. Its his child too. If he had to work, wed reschedule. Its not just my baby.

If the roles were reverse and he was carrying the child, id want to be there too and be pissed if i wasnt.

1 Like

OMG … He needs to stop … Do not let anyone bully or guilt you like this. He is actually putting his ego above the well being of his child.

2 Likes

Man, where do yall find these boys. I can understand him being disappointed, but it is downright crazy for him to expect you to delay ensuring that the baby is healthy and on track. A video could’ve been made, Facetime done, or even a extended lunch break to attend. My SO didn’t make it to any of my appointments due to work. I took my mom with me or went by myself. I would’ve rather that he was there, but he is a workaholic and I knew that when I got with him so … :woman_shrugging:t4:. Accept what you’ve accepted as a father. You can try to explain how important it is to ensure the baby is healthy, but it seems like common sense to me.

1 Like

If he wanted to be there, he would’ve. My husband hasn’t missed any appointments and I’m 8 months pregnant. Tell him to get the fuck over himself.

1 Like

That is all on him, I give my man the choice of coming…maybe just ask before your appt what is going to be done that way u can tell him and he knows more ?

It’s a medical test and it’s needed to make sure the baby is developing right. A lot of times people forget that and treat it like the first “portrait” of their child. There will be more that he can attend. But meanwhile your baby’s health is worth more than the bruised ego of the father.

There will be another appointment and a mother anagram book in advance so he can play to miss a few hrs of work so it wasn’t your fault he had to work so don’t feel guilty you got a long ways to go