My son is violent while breastfeeding: Advice?

Ween him off! Try pumping and giving bottle

Maybe he has a ear infection . Or could be teething…or maybe he’s not getting as much milk as he would like…but if u breastfed for 10 months and don’t want to anymore its ur choice not any1 elses…do what u want…I’m sure the baby would like to eat other foods…or milk or baby food…start Introducing him to them

2 Likes

He will be fine and so will your mental health. You held on for a long time but he will be fine

he doesn’t understand what he is doing, But he is very grateful you have breastfed him this long, I do believe it’s now time to stop, if he continues to do this. And NEVER feel bad because of that also. You did it for as long as you could & if this is hurting you bad, stop, he will be fine

2 Likes

Pump and bottle feed him

7 Likes

Yea you should just start pumping. You know what you have to do … protect your peace :v:t4:

4 Likes

If u want him to have yor milk then pump other wise endure or do formula, yor choice…

4 Likes

He should be on solids by now and not breastfeeding so much. If all he’s getting is breastfeeding milk, he’s hungry.

4 Likes

if you are no longer enjoying this then it is time to wean him off

5 Likes

Pump and bottle or cup feed.

3 Likes

Your body autonomy and happiness matters! You should be SO proud of yourself for breastfeeding for ten long months!! If you’re ready to stop, please don’t feel a single ounce of guilt! You’ve given him an amazing gift.
I think you’re ready, and it’s absolutely 100% your decision. You are supported and your needs matter.

5 Likes

First time I bit my mom I was off the breast and I was angry with her she said, and refused to go to her until I fell and put the back of my head through the storm window- then I wanted my mommy again and only my mommy!

Start him on formula​:heart::heart:

1 Like

Your mental health has to take a priority now. He’ll be just fine…might suck for a few days but he’ll be fine. If you feel like he still needs breast milk, pump instead

Pump and give him a bottle or sippy cup. Also he should be on solids now.

Pump and freeze. Use it as necessary. No reason you have to continue with it. He’s old enough to drink outta a sippy cup.

Stop breastfeeding let him be upset for a bit

I would definitely recommend a lactation consultant. A lot of people think they can only use them in the beginning or if there’s an issue with latch. Not the case, they can help the entirety of your journey and totally would have answers for this.