My son said some things about school on snapchat and got in trouble at school: Thoughts?

They cant!!! Fight that shit. I did when the tried to get my son in trouble for the same thing. Come to find out the teacher got fired and put in prison for having sex with the highschoolers

Wow I’m so surprise at the responses. I think you’re child SHOULD be punish at school. Obviously this happened under your nose. Why is your kid so comfortable with disrespecting someone like this? Why is he so comfortable using this kind of language? Ive heard stories of parents wanting the school to take action about bullying even of they’re not in school grounds, yet your kid is being a disrespectful prick to people in school and you don’t want them to take action? I guess only when its convenient.He should write a letter to the school apologizing.

17 Likes

The lil snitch that showed the teacher the snap should get in trouble. Nobody likes an instigator!

Your son posted his thoughts after school, the teacher needs to relax.

3 Likes

No it’s not a threat. Yes hes allowed to vent to his friends via communication channels. But, it’s an excellent opportunity to explain how social media works. Obviously he has a disloyal friend that has shared his photos with an unintended audience… which has negative results. It would be wise for him to apologize and hash it out with his teacher in a healthy way.

4 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Well… she did see it. Your kid was tough enough to talk shit online- let him be tough enough to take the consequences for it.

If he said her name , & he did it while at school, he should be suspended. Or even if he didn’t, he said her name. That is very disrespectful.

1 Like

He’s a teenager he’s going to be hating teachers I had teachers i couldn’t stand I just wasn’t dumb or edgy enough to put it on social media

I remember when my son was in highschool he was bored in class and he used hypothetical gun fingers to his head. Do you know those douche nozzles called the police on my child for terroristic threats!! I shit you not!!,. So I get called to pick my son up and the teachers are treating him like he was a crazed maniac, I was so damn mad !! So I ask my son what’s really going on? He said Mom I was just joking around because I was bored. I had to threaten to sue to school , school board and the teacher. Turns out the teacher just had a hard on for my son. Maybe he can change classes.

I hope all of u that say it’s no big deal… has a teacher post about ur kid on her fb page… cause it’s her personal time, right?! :joy: gtfo y’all would lose ur damn minds but some how it’s ok for a kid to do it. :joy: y’all are the reason kids are out of control.

Josh Sorrells harambe

Free speech doesn’t mean free from the consequences. It’s good he learns the lesson now rather than when he’s an adult and is fired from his job. Do better, mama. You’re not taking it seriously.

3 Likes

Does no one in the world remember being a teenager? Then add in change of times and accessibility to social media that we didn’t have at that age… um… who DIDN’T talk shit about school and teachers? No, he shouldn’t have snapped it for the world lol but he did. It’s how teens communicate. I would fight it, but I would be digging at home with my son. Not excusing his “behavior” but maybe something happened that day. For any comments that are talking shit about your son or parenting… tell them to stfu. If they think their teens are or will be perfect angels hahaha! News flash, they are just better at hiding it. If you expect a perfect child I pity you. You got this mama, fight it, you are his advocate and the one that should choose discipline in the scenario.

that’s the consequence of people believing that what you post online, can’t come back and haunt you.

1 Like

My son made a meme of Harambe with his principle’s face. He wasn’t dead or holding the kid, just Harambe with this guy’s face. I had to leave work early and go to the school to talk him out of pressing charges. Apparently it was a “low class felony” for “defamation of a state worker of the public sector” or something ridiculous like that. He almost got in big trouble over it.

So on one hand, I really don’t think he should be punished by the school, and agree with the other comments here.

But on the other hand, if someone were to say the same thing about their boss or place of work and it was found out, they would be penalized regardless of whether it happened at work or not.

I don’t think he should be punished by the school, but it’s also important for him to realize the dangers of putting everything on social media. So idk. Maybe just sit down and talk to him, and make sure that lesson hits home so he doesn’t end up in a similar situation as an adult.

well if you have handled the matter at home and it was done outside of school i would say problem dealt with i would contact principal let them know you have handled the situation if need be go to education dept

They cant it’s not a threat he is allowed to voice his opinion she should’ve never been shown I would fight it nd tell them his not doing iss it’s his personal snap no threats were made