My son's father is in jail and wants our son when he gets out: Advice?

Lawyer up is what you tell him

Seek legal counsel immediately. Have all documentation ready, birth certificate/legitimized legally sealed documents, marriage/divorce legally sealed documents, why incarcerated. Supervised visitation with legal person and yourself.
Protect your son and yourself.

That’s gonna be a hard NO!

Ima say speaking from experience
DO NOT ALLOW IT

I can’t even type this without crying

My son father has been a jail bird all his life
So when I got pregnant I was trying let him go n live my life just the 2 us but my son black and for me I thought having his father come back in our home was the BEST CHOICE for my newborn son
Boy was I wrong SO COMPLETELY WRONG

Sorry I’m crying now…
I never been a drinker n one night i was sad pissed hurt like WHY I LET HIM BACK IN OUR HOME if he can’t change n still thinks only I need to provide for our family

So I drank just like he would to escape reality n the life I was living
Well I got made cuz I ran out n asked him to get me more b he refused but when I told him no he would beat me till I would go to the store

I was hurt pissed ashamed so NOT FULLY THINKING
I hit him n he called the cops on me I was TAKEN FROM MY SON
Cops didn’t want to hear ANYTHING I WAS SAYING CUZ I WAS DRUNK n he wasn’t but what they failed to realize

His father just got out of PRISON THAT MONDAY n they said he can stay with him as he’s the father

Well his dad took my son n was drinking n driving wirh him. He said he went home to his family cuz he had no idea what to do wirh a newborn
He ended up having a roll over
And leaving my lil 3month old on the side of some dirt road for DEAD!
He took off on foot and ran like a bitch cuz he was on parole b didn’t want to go bk to prison for drinking

My son suffered a right skull fracture
Broken Right forearm and clavicle

ALL BECAUSE HE WAS IS FATHER ON PAPER BUT NOT FATHER IN REAL LIFE my son is 6 and he still loves his dad but his father hasn’t been in his life

WE HAVE had some time together as a lil family but I CAN NEVER TRUST HIM ALONE WITH MY SON EVER AGAIN N I WILL FIGHT HARDER TO NEVER ALLOW HIM ALONE WITH MY SON
Until he proves to the state he’s sober n can provide n we can start that long process but
GIRL GO WITH YOUT GUT

SOMETIMES their fathers ain’t the best dad n WONT BE A VALUED in raising y’all child but that depends on you n his dad

I know for me
I HAVE MY REASON TO PROTECT MY SON FROM HIS FATHER cuz his father choose himself over sitting their with our baby at 3month until the EMT got there
My baby was alone N I STILL HOLD THAT GUILT even after 6years later

I WOULD SAY KEEP RAISING YOUR CHILD LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN
His dad has hoops to jump through make sure you set them high TO PROTECT your son

N my BD he don’t even call for my son bday
I’m the one sending gifts in his father name so when that times comes MY SON CAN MAKE HIS OWN CHOICE on how he wants to handle his father coming into his life! I can only raise him with love n let him know MOMMY WILL NEVER LET ANY ONE HARM YOU AGAIN they will have to KILL ME FIRST TO GET TO MY BABY

Make the dad make the effort n come see the child until everyone is comfortable with the situation

Would it kill to set up play dates where you are there. It takes a lot of pride and self will to cope with the well being of our children. Do we punish dads for not being there or should we punish them for being there too much? It is for your child.
His dad is essential in his life. Thank god he is almost out. He can now help you as a parent. Enough of children growing up with parent issues.

When my ex got out, he went to stay with his parents.
He also wasn’t far away.
So I felt really good about sending him. Our son didn’t remember him, but there’s a bond, there’s always a bond with biological parents.
But, it sounds like he really does want to be a better father, which is good.
I’d never let my kid out of my sight for months, I don’t blame you one bit there- but if the two of you can work together reintroducing, and easing into it, you can have a beautiful coparenting relationship.
I strongly recommend against forcing him to take you to court. What happens if he’s awarded primary custody? It comes off as threat.
Try to imagine yourself being told that, it would feel like a threat, but also your heart being ripped out of your chest.
You listen to your gut!

1 Like

Lawyer up, child advocate, let the courts help do what is right. Absolutely in no way should he be given a child that doesn’t know him for a few months with you hours away…sorry dude, that’s not how it works! Especially as he went to jail, which depending on the type of crime should be taken into consideration about his access. Did he Murder someone? Was it drugs? Horrible life choices? Do you really think it’s safe to send a baby to someone who can’t obey the law? Yikes! Once he has proven himself, straightened out his life…then he can get more time with his child! Not before, not until. Baby steps!

2 Likes

Talk to a Child Protective Service counselor to arrange supervised visits.
You can also call an attorney to advise you.

He is way to young to be with someone he does not know! AND not 7 hours away. Sorry I would not trust him to let him alone with him for fear he would take him.

Why are you asking surely your own mother feelings will tell you. A 9.monrh baby needs stability if you must introduce him which you must depending on crime then ask him to visit the baby in your house. Honestly I cannot believe you are asking this question and I sm not the world’s best mum believe me.

Congrats to the lucky winners yesterday. The first 30 people to inbox me with CASH will earn a payment of $1500 to $3500 before midnight.

Hell to the N.O!
Put ur child first. He doesnt know him. And he needs to EARN that right to get ur son. Yes… UR son.
I would also get some kind of custody established. Esp if hes on birth certificate bc he could take ur baby and not give him back.
He needs to prove to u alot. And it takes time.
He has some nerve.
Sounds like my kids dad. :woman_facepalming: