My sons keep inviting their friends over while I am not home: Advice?

Talk to one of the Cops maybe they could stop over and tell them all they have to leave

4 Likes

That’s a bit young to be staying home alone and to that late at night, I would higher a sitter. Not shaming you at all, I just remember what I was like at that age.

2 Likes

treat them like a child if they dont do what you say get some one to watch your house but make it seem to them that its a baby sitter lol

1 Like

Hire a sitter, it can’t be any more expensive than restalking the fridg every day

3 Likes

I can’t forget how Dr Gabriel helped me restore my marriage after 4 months of separating from my husband because of a fight and he left and never came back to me, I did a lot to get him back but nothing worked until I saw a comment online when someone was testifying about how Dr Gabriel helped her get her husband back and that is how I contacted him through his WhatsApp and after writing my problem he assured me that he will help me get my husband back. in 12 hours after casting the love spell, and after he did the spell, my husband came back home and begged that he was so sorry he left me, today I am back with my husband and both of us are happy and living together again. I know that there are many people who want to get their love back or whatever problem you have, contact Dr. Gabriel because he is the perfect answer to your problem. contact him :l
Call him/WhatsApp: +234 8133 240147

Legally they aren’t allowed to be home alone so I’d be careful getting the police or anyone involved unless you wanna go that route.
I did the same thing when I was 12 & my mom was working, I’d have all the neighborhood teens over & they destroyed my mom’s house. In the end I absolutely hated it but they were older then me & took advantage after awhile. My mom got my neighbor involved & she would come down & kick them all out & make sure no one lingered around any more. If you can’t afford to hire someone see if a neighbor can come by randomly & check on them & make sure no one is there.

5 Likes

Have a police officer stop ck on them and scold the boys, call the boys parents and explain.If they get hurt you could be libel and DHS could step in.Also ask a friend or neighbor to check on them, kids will get worse if you don’t get it under control, trust me I had 6 and worked all the time

6 Likes

Cameras work amazingly

6 Likes

Tell them they’ll have to have a babysitter come if they can’t follow the rules

4 Likes

Call the friends’ parents and tell them that their kids arent allowed to come over while you are at work. And get a small cctv camera that you can use to check on them while you are at work

7 Likes

Talk to the parents of these children they should know how you feel and what they’re doing to your house I don’t think they would be very happy I wouldn’t be happy to know my son was hanging out in a place with no adults if something happens it will be your fault

10 Likes

Talk to his friends parents & ground everybody.
Take all devices. All of them. Get a kid cell phone with no texts or internet. It can be programmed with approved numbers. :smirk:
When they eat all the food, you have to options, 1. Left them be hungry. 2. Put locks one the fridge & cabinets. Leave out food they can eat each day. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Maybe try putting cameras in the house that you can access from your phone

7 Likes

1.Only leave food enough for them to eat and if friends eat it let them go hungry
2.Hire a babysitter

5 Likes

I know it’s hard being a single Mum, I brought two Sons up on my own too, don’t you have any friends that could take your older kids in while your at work so they aren’t at home cause mischief while your not home?

Sign them up for anything that you can have them stay in town like A teen Center , Boys and girls club have them go hangout at the park that’s near by your house maybe.

Consequences for having friends over. And cameras.

1 Like

It’s summer. Send them to camp. Or have a neighbor go check on them, look into getting them into big brother, call a friend that needs help cleaning out their garage or with yard work and drop your boys off for the day to help them.

2 Likes

With the food situation, tell them the food is for them and if they’re friends eat it then they will go without. If that doesn’t work then Stop buying all junk and snacks and prepare 2 plates of food each day for them. They will soon realise its them eating or they’re friends but not both. Turn the WiFi off and when they send videos and photos of a clean home turn it back on. You can control this through the account online.

5 Likes

ground them whenever it happens, they will learn quickly. Take all electronics, change the internet password make it so they are not (getting what they want) electronics is all kids that age want! Talk to the other kids parents and tell them that you are not home, and kids are not allowed to be there when you are not home. If you have a nosey neighbor, enlist their help also!

2 Likes

Tell your son if he can’t follow your rules then it is time for a sitter.

8 Likes

I feel for you.
Be serious. Cut the internet wifi until you get respect. The older kids should know how hard you are trying.

3 Likes

Drop them off with their father.

Get a sitter. Got to be cheaper than spending what you do on food. Just a high schooler to come sit.

2 Likes

I agree with a babysitter! It will probably embarrass the 14 year old but if he can’t act responsible than someone needs to watch him! Maybe just threatening to have a babysitter for him will straighten him up.

8 Likes

Get ahold of the kids parents and ask them to pitch in for food since their children are eating all of yours.

5 Likes

I guess it’s still not legal to euthanize her oldest kid?

4 Likes

10 am to 11pm :grimacing::flushed: I know it’s hard mama but that’s all day your away from the kids they never see you but in the morning before school, they are basically raising themselves :grimacing: and at 13 and boys you have no idea what’s waiting for you, I was absent also as I had to work as a single mom, yeeeeeaaaahhhh, do not recommend. You got this thou

2 Likes

Cut off the internet and take away there phones. Also, get a list of tasks they can do during the day. They can clean and do outdoor work.

Call the other kids parents and tell them to stop sending their kids to your house. Leave all devices, but take charging cords with you to work. I bet behaviors change. Nothing got to my teens like watching those batteries die with no way to recharge. :grin:

13 Likes

I would ground from ALL devices (suspend cell phones so you aren’t having to pay full amounts while not being used), set up a land line for emergancy use and write down important numbers and hang on frig.
Don’t let onto preparing for this, so they can’t write their friends’ numbers down…
Make it a complete surprise grounding.
I’m also strict enough to make my 14 yr old do some manual labor on a farm, mowing lawn, help neighbors out with gardens/planting flowers, carrying groceries in, take trash down to the road, along with a chore list at home, etc… your household is supposed to be a team! Not one sided, mom do everything while kids do nothing but create more work for mom…:face_with_raised_eyebrow::worried:

But, if you are an easy going on punishment, then have a sit down with the boys, hand them the grocery bill receipt & explain to them that at the rate at which they and their friends are eating yalls food, you will have to get ANOTHER job to support them all because that bill is about to double and triple at this rate! You aren’t buying food to feed the neighborhood! You buy that food, it is yours that you share with your boys! You are NOT willing to share with their friends! If they prefer to have time with you on days off and in between jobs, then they have got to stop disobeying… that you aren’t being mean by any means… there’s BIG reasons why you cannot allow for them to keep having friends over while you are not home!…No adult supervision, making messes (which btw, your boys should be cleaning up… not you!), and causing a food shortage in your home that will cost too much to replace over time! Maybe compromise with the boys and tell them that if they can keep kids out of your home while you are working, then when you have time off, the boys can make plans to have friends over or go do something with friends 1-2x/wk. but if they disobey and bring their friends in your home without adult supervision again, then you will have to find them a babysitter… (make this someone you trust, that won’t charge you a ton, and that you can take the boys away from their comfort zone to the sitter’s home.

If you choose to allow them to have friends over while u r not home, then the boys would need to ensure their friends clean up messes or your boys need to clean it up before you come home & if their friends get hungry, they need to go to their own home to eat! No more friends eating yalls food or drinking whatever is bought… they can have a cup of water from the tap!

These would be my 3 points of view. I know what I allow and don’t allow… and feeding the neighborhood & making unnecessary messes left for me to clean up is something I definitely DONT allow!
I allow my kids to have a friend come over if I know and trust said friend/s… but they KNOW not to make messes, no opposite sexes, & they don’t eat me out of the house and home! If friends are hungry, they go home to eat and come back!
But I also have cameras outside my house and 1 in my living room that also sees down the hallway and my kitchen …

Send the older 2 to the babysitter. Problem solved. I’d tell them that if they can’t be responsible and mature enough to follow your rules and stay home by themselves they can go stay with someone :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Honestly I would inform them they too will go to daycare if it doesn’t stop

5 Likes

Thirteen & eleven are way too young to be left alone. Get a sitter for them…

5 Likes

Only take cell phones if you have a landline for emergency calls!

1 Like

I don’t know if babysitting would be an option, especially if you’re supporting three kids on your own. Maybe have a friend or neighbor keep an eye? I don’t know. That’s a tough situation.

1 Like

Put up video cameras

2 Likes

Each new opportunity that you come across, always try to give it a try because this might be your
Golden chance of making yourself good income, you don’t have to wait, its free, work towards it my dear I promise you will make it out successfully as I did stop having double mind.Dm her
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

WOW :astonished: this is really amazing earning massively from Bitcoin investment with the help of an honest and genuine expert Manager Ma’am Elizabeth James , As a newbie I started with what I could actually afford (starter plan)and to be honest am shocked with the outcome​:astonished::heart:SO AMAZING :clinking_glasses:…to get started contact​:writing_hand:

Each an every moment of my life. I keep thanking God for directing me to your path, you are a God send, now I’m debt free through crypto currency investment
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I Can’t believe this but it’s true and I’m happy this online trading could change my life for good…Thanks once more for the effort and support you put in making my life worthwhile… God bless you Mrs, Elizabeth James I’m really excited to be apart of this wonderful opportunity ma’am🙏reach out to her
:point_down::point_down:

I am so lucky to invest with Mrs Elizabeth James she’s the only account manager I’ve seen to be legit and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform a lot. You can contact her and make your own profit, message her on the name :point_right:

You need help, I would not let them stay alone and to disrespect you like that!! No!! Get family or friend to help maybe check for a better paying job with better hours??if you get child support maybe you could get help with someone to watch the children or maybe dad could help out!! Sorry being a single parent is not easy. Sometimes we live above our means to give our children things, if that’s your case it’s better to be a mother and be with them than for them to have cell phones and all the other things. Kids not having everything they want doesn’t make you a bad parent!

1 Like

Tell them they either stop or you’ll hire a babysitter. The oldest is obviously not mature enough to stay him without supervision

1 Like

Consider letting them have a friend over. They may be afraid to be home alone and don’t know how or are embarrassed to express it. Let them know they’ll have to be responsible and clean up or you’ll be waking them up early the next morning to do it.

Start taking away privileges just like you would for anything else. No phones, video games, tv, etc. Whatever it is that they enjoy, take it away until they can learn to be respectful.

Baby sitter. They’re don’t want to listen. Than tough titties

Get a hold of the friends parents tell them not to allow their kids at ur place because ur not there,they most likely fiqure ur home

1 Like