My sons keep inviting their friends over while I am not home: Advice?

Tell them if they keep it up they will get a sitter. Have a friend or family member make surprise check ins.

3 Likes

Get a babysitter for them all!! It will be cheaper than restocking your fridge all the time and for your peace of mind!! Enough is enough!!!

4 Likes

Frankly they are too young to be left alone that long. Hire a sitter. Also file for child support so you are not working their lives away.

2 Likes

Reach out to the parents of the other kids & tell their parents " one one is allowed over when your not home.

4 Likes

I’d be getting a babysitter. Cheaper than grocery shopping every day.

1 Like

Don’t let them stay home alone. There are after school programs and neighbors that can sit and watch them. There’s nothing like a babysitter to supervise them to turn them around.

6 Likes

Get a sitter for all of them or you may have to quit one job. There is assistance from the state as well, but more importantly your children need an adult with them.

1 Like

Hire a babysitter for a couple of weeks. Treat them as infants . Or talk to there parents tell them you have told them not to come when you are at work . If they continue to come to your home you will put a trespass warrant on them . Have a neighbor call you at work if they see kids go into your house. Leave work calling the police to meet you at home . Put those trespass warrants on them . Those boys will be real upset and never come around again . Lock the food that is not perishable in your room . Only leave out that days food for your boys to eat .

1 Like

Get them a babysitter at this point if they can’t respect your rules

2 Likes

Get the parents number and tell them what’s going on.

3 Likes

10 AM t 11:PM that’s a long time for the boys to be home alone you need a sitter🤦‍♀️

6 Likes

Get a ring where you can see who enters and have consequences for breaking rules! No wifi password, take phone/game controllers away…etc.

2 Likes

Legally in new Zealand you can’t leave kids home alone u til 14 years of age get a baby sitter

1 Like

Put cameras up in house and call them when you see someone in there.

1 Like

I like everyone’s suggestions of getting a sitter, because honestly that might be cheaper than refilling your fridge & pantry everyday, as well as bring you peace of mind.
But if that isn’t feasible, I would ask your neighbors if they could pop in from time to time. Ask a couple different neighbors that you trust, & give them house keys so they can walk in & see what the kids are doing. Instead of knocking & the kids hiding everything first before they open the door.
I would also contact your kids parents & let them know that you aren’t home when they keep coming over, & that you’re not comfortable with it, & they probably will say the same thing.

4 Likes

Set up cameras so you know what is going on in your house. If these kids have been told not to be there when you are not and you know your local small town police then call them when they are breaking your rules. Might scare them into obeying your house rules.

2 Likes

Get a babysitter, that may embarrass them, but that might teach a lesson

2 Likes

As a single mom working two jobs to stay afloat she probably can not afford a sitter, I’ve been there and completely get this! I’d find out which kids these are and call their parents. They probably don’t know that they are not supposed to be there when you are not home and the parents may not even know you are not home.
I feel for you momma :heart:

6 Likes

After school programs, nanny cam in your house that you can see and even talk to them through the microphone

2 Likes

Call the other kids parents, tell them come pick up their kids

1 Like

In most places, 11 years old can’t be left at home for no more than 3 hours unsupervised. I’d get a sitter if I were you, because I can guarantee that if one of those kids parents find out they are constantly at a home where there are never any parents, you could get into a load of trouble. I’d hire a babysitter for after school hours. Unless you’re in a hospital or somewhere that offers daycare, no daycare stays open that late, so I’m sure the 4 year old is left with the 11 and 13 year old at some point. And that could really get you into trouble.

1 Like

13 and 11 yr olds still can get there butts beat!! How about one of your cop friends come over and give them a Stearn talking to and scare there butts to death!! Be a parent not a friend!! I raised 6!!!

3 Likes

Call the cops for trespassing

Put their packed lunches on the counter and chain lock the fridge. Keep snacks in your car or hidden in your bedroom.

4 Likes

If they can’t listen to rules maybe they need a babysitter for a little while, they probably won’t like that very much

3 Likes

Babysitter, cameras, and police

2 Likes

Get some cameras… but don’t let your kids know they’re installed. Since you’re cool with the police and neighbors, once you see the kids in your house, contact the police station and let them know whats going on and see if they can pop up, give them a bit of a scare ( maybe a fake charge of breaking and entering or something like that, a ride in the back of the car for dramatics… YOUR KID INCLUDED ) and I bet they will start respecting your wishes about staying out your house and your kids respecting your wishes of not having people over when you’re not home.

4 Likes

13 and 11 year old left on their own for 13hours? That’s a very long time to not have an adult around, kids will play up like this if left for so long

2 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13989 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://ProLifeStyle55.pages.dev

Send your kid to their house to make a mess instead. Cut back on how much food you stock at a time. Tell them they have this much for a set amount of time and if they run out, they can do without. Or you can make them pinto beans and cornbread everyday and cut out the snacks completely until they learn their lesson. Or he can push a lawn mower and make his own money and make him help pay for the stuff his friends take.

3 Likes

See if u have neighbors and/or family that would pop in and check on them. Get cheap cameras. If the enjoy their gaming consoles or electronics, take them away when they dont follow ur rules

2 Likes

Call the local police and explain the situation…maybe a good bust is what the kids need. :rofl:

5 Likes

I would never leave my kids alone that long. Obviously they still need adult supervision

3 Likes

Sports or after school programs? Also agree with notifying all the other parents. You might even get lucky and one or two parents might step up and lend a hand.

1 Like

Get friends or family to drop by to help enforce your rules…i.e. kick the buddies out. If need be ask the police to stop by if u know they are still doing it, if u feel that would help. Also speak with the friend’s parents first.

Send him to daycare, he will stop

5 Likes

Where exactly are their parents at , I’d be contacting their parents and letting them know , that it’s not allowed! Things are hard enough these days , with just alone driving / gas prices keep going up , and then of course u have 3 kids to feed along with yourself /food prices ! The struggles are Real, !

6 Likes

Young one, you need to get one of those devices to put in your home ( cameras thingys) at all entrances , high up and maybe one or two in your house - kitchen & hallway/ tv room. That way - you’ll know who,what, where and why when you call them

3 Likes

Tell the parents that you work these hours and the kids aren’t allowed over. Also, get a sitter.

Anything could happen and your house could be broken into, they could start a house fire etc. Who’s watching the 4 year old once the daycare closes? Do you send the 13 year old to pick them up? Does a trusted person pick them up and watch them? Can’t they watch your older kids too?

If it’s a small town I’d befriend some neighbours and get them to babysit the kids. Especially if they’re retired, they will likely do it for free or low cost.

3 Likes

Is be talking to the parents of the “friends” and letting them know

1 Like

Tell him to go to a friends? Lock him out of the house while you are gone? Lock him out of the fridge? Put him to work at a neighbors? Whoop his Butt?

I would contact the friends’ parents and explain to them that your kids are not allowed to have guests over when you’re not home. Chances are the other parents aren’t aware that you’re not home during those times.

7 Likes

You don’t want my advice. I’m Mexican and we make our kids do what we say in a way that might get you locked up:)

12 Likes

Since you know the police I would have them drop in unannounced once in awhile on their way to lunch or something … that way your kids and their friends know they r being watched … or hire a babysitter who doesn’t charge much … like a college kid or high schooler so your kids know you are serious about them following your rules …

8 Likes

Ask one of your neighbors if they can come there. If they don’t want to follow the rules maybe a few times of being baby sad will help them remember staying home alone is a privilege and if they want to disobey there are consequences.

2 Likes

Conta t the parents…tell them no kuds allowed…break rules and you’ll the police know

Get a mini fridge and cabinet and lock them both in your room. Keep the barest out in the kitchen. Take the tvs and all electronics (or power cords) with you whenever you leave.

4 Likes

If you know the neighbors, you likely know their friends’ parents. Talk to them. If that doesn’t work, you know the police, have one do a wellness check and scare the shit outta them. Lastly, I would change the damn locks and tell the kids they can’t come home until you’re there. Have a sitter for them somewhere else. I would also put a lock on the fridge and pantry. If they clean out the rest, fine but I wouldn’t restock. I would LOVE to see my kids try to pull this shit. My brother and cousins used to do this to my mom all the time.

Put them in daycare.

1 Like

They Def do not sound like they responsible enough to stay home alone -
My brother & I did when we were young & our parents called to chk on us !!!
I can’t imagine either of us inviting anyone else over😳
We realized we could have a babysitter or our Grandma would come -if we didn’t follow the rules !!!
Wishing you all well :pray:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Call the other children’s parents or find someone for them to stay with

6 Likes

Tell him you’re hiring a babysitter since he can’t respect your wishes or like everyone else said tell him he’s going to daycare or an after school program. I’d also get cameras.

9 Likes

Camera and then serious consequences

7 Likes

contact the other kids parents

3 Likes

Organise then to stay at the friends house while your gone and lock your house up

1 Like

Yes as others said contact other parents to explain there is no adult to supervise so their children are nit invited to come over unless you invite them.personally when you know you will be home. But how about getting a Big Brother to spend set times with your sons ? How about taking to your pastor, priest or rabbi to ask for help. Perhaps they can suggest an inexpensive baby sitter or volunteer help from the congregation. Ir perhaps there are doirts activities offered by religious congregations that have activities the boys would enjoy. I totally understand we don’t all have neighbors who are friendly or want to help or family members who are able or nearby that want to help. Speak with a social worker to find out what programs might be available to help you and your boys. Ir finally choose a second job watching some other single parent’s child or children and swap off equal time watching each other’s children for free at your house or run a night time babysitting service fir single parents where another child or 2 children sleep over your home. You might be able to make enough money to quit your second job. This way you are earning money while you and your children are sleeping. Then you get to be with your children in the evening spending time together. Hang in there. There is hope. You just have to reach out and ask for help. Local.police may be able to give you information of programs out there that coukd help you before something bad happens. You are not alone. You just need to reach out in the right places. Be sure to check with police on backgrounds of people who babysit your children. Good luck.

Talk to the kids parents. Install cameras go keep an eye on everything

2 Likes

Maybe have a friend or family member stop in randomly. And definitely install cameras!

an after school babysitter

U think u have problems now with a 11 and 13 yr old… if u don’t get it under control… u will be visiting them in juvie…
If the old enough to stay at home alone they must prove it or send them to summer camp… aunt, uncle, grandma :older_woman: . Or have police tell them what it’s like with all the crimes going on… put them in a program !!

5 Likes

i’d speak to the friends of your son’s parent about this and if they want to come over with your son - then one of the parents should come and be there while the boys r there ! i can see your point about this what if something happens u don’t want this to fall back on u ! or the other thing i’d do is take the key to house away from your son , and let him go to his friends home while u r at work ! and if that doesn’t work install camera’s in the main spots where your son’s friends hang out than u can see what’s going on and how much they eat and who eats what

1 Like

I understand the frustration of having to clean up and eating all the food however I think that is a really long time for a 13 and 11 year old to be home alone. Kids get restless. Does your community offer any resources like a free lunch/activity at the school or an inexpensive day program? With it being summer kids want to be out playing or hanging out with friends. Is it possible to allow them to have friends over on a specific day or two with the expectation there is no mess and they only eat/drink specific things laid out for the day? Childcare and summer camps are expensive. I would check out any community resources that may be available to you. If you have a local YMCA they have programs and offer financial assistance if needed.

3 Likes

I would make them leave the house everyday…lock the doors…let them go to friends home…

Speak to the other kids parents. Explain to the the situation allowing them to know what’s going on therefore they can take responsibility for their children. Also, toughened the love if you know what I mean. This would not have happen in my house. My daughter and Goddaughter thought I was a lunatic when I got upset therefore the fear was real.

1 Like

Do you have your mom close by ?

Have other parents chip in and rotate houses

1 Like

Tell them they will have to go to daycare if they keep it up…

4 Likes

Call their parents and tell them to keep their kids away from your house because you are not home.

2 Likes

Blink mini camera. Cheap and u can watch from your phone when ur home and talk to them through it.

2 Likes

I would speak with the friend’s parents obviously they’re not old enough to drive so somebody has to be dropping them off let them know your work schedule and let the parents know that their kids are not allowed at your house while you’re at work schedule times that you were at home for the friends to come over and hang out

2 Likes

I just went thru this with my children…(18 17 and 16 year olds) I finally lost my biscuits and they were not allowed to stay home…when I went to work I dropped them off at the sitters house and picked them back up when I got done…we did that for a week and they now know that absolutely no one is to even be on our property if I’m not home!!! So far so good :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

Is there a boys and girls club close by? Take them there.

2 Likes

Next time it happens try a little thing called a switch or belt

4 Likes

I agree with talking to other parents. My parents would not have let me go somewhere a parent wasn’t home at 11. I’m betting they don’t know you aren’t there.

4 Likes

I agree with talking to other parents. My parents would not have let me go somewhere a parent wasn’t home at 11. I’m betting they don’t know you aren’t there.

3 Likes

Maybe you could get someone to be a “babysitter” without having to pay them if you explain you’re just showing them how it could be? Like I would do it. I love scaring children :joy:

1 Like

If they are going to behave like 4 year olds, its time they have a baby sitter… then inform them if issues continue the other parents will be informed of baby sitter availability…

3 Likes

Definitely talk to the other parents. But maybe a compromise? They’re literally home alone all day, when can they hang out with friends? They’re kids, they need to have time to be kids. Maybe see if you can work out something with some other parents where they can spend a couple days at friends houses a week where there’s a parent to supervise.

9 Likes

l get paid over $ 198 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 15842 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://netjobz91.pages.dev/

1 Like

Id tell them they can either go to daycare, or be responsible.

2 Likes

If they can’t follow the rules then they aren’t mature enough to stay home alone. But it’s not safe nor is it legal for them to be home alone for 13 hrs a day. I understand being a single mom but need to find someone to stay with them before CPS takes your kids.

Could you have a family member watch them or organise for your kids to go to a friends house on certain days.

1 Like

You know everyone even all the police . Maybe it’s about time you spoke to the parents and the police . Have the parent been told what their child/children have been doing . Would the police be willing to come to your home and have a talk to your children or better still to their parents .

7 Likes

Did you say you know the police in your town, maybe you ask one to drop by and inform the youngsters that they’re trespassing :woman_shrugging: worth a shot!! Failing that, get them a babysitter!! Hope you work it out!!

7 Likes

I would get a camera to monitor while you’re not there.

5 Likes

I would tell them if it continues they will be going to day are with your 4 year old.

7 Likes

Contact parents immediately Don’t buy groceries except for the day?

4 Likes

I would tell them if they can’t behave while you’re gone, and follow the rules, they’ll be doing chores to “pay” you back for having to hire a babysitter.

5 Likes

Maybe have a serious heart to heart. Tell them what it would be like if you had to quit a job. Sometimes kids need to know the cold hard truth.
Also contact the others kids parents. Tell them their kids can’t come over. Maybe look into a boys and girls club or big brother program.

3 Likes

Get a live in carer, family member or friend you trust to supervise your children. Or you will have to give up the job that keeps you away from home when you are needed there. 13 and 11 are to young to being left alone unsupervised, this is when they can start getting into trouble with the police.

4 Likes

You said small town, everyone knows everyone, including the police. Ask the police to go over to your house ever so often, or ask police to talk to your son and his friends

6 Likes

Tell the other kids parents and I’d hire someone to babysit them that way someone can be there to let them do whatever they like but also keep an eye on them an how much the eat by making them stick to a schedule. Plus that person can do activities with them so that they’re occupied outside of games an tv. Can then schedule lay dates with a certain number of friends on an off through the week instead of a house party of boys. Probably be best that it’s a family member if possible. I honestly feel you will have the relief you need and they the enrichment an fun they need if you had someone there just to help keep an eye on them. That’s what I did with mine until my oldest was 16 an at that point she had a job but I still had someone for my younger ones bc my oldest isn’t the one responsible for her siblings and that’s not bc she wasn’t it’s bc it’s just not her job to care for them. She’s now 19 and has her own place an has an amazing job that pays really well and she helps with her sisters bc she wants to not bc she has to. An that’s the way it should be. Get yourself a helper trust me it will help big time.

2 Likes

hire a high school gal to stay with them

4 Likes

Contact his friends parents and let them know.

8 Likes

If you get a ring camera you can get on there as they’re walking up to the door and tell them to go home. If they don’t talk to the child’s parents. Good luck!

3 Likes

get a baby sitter for them a older person to make sure all is well

6 Likes

Have a quiet word to the parents of your kids friends
And address your concerns with them
They may agree with you
Also ground your kids each time they do it (not just ground one but all of them)
As they would all be in on it

2 Likes

Yeah I’d take the privilege of staying home alone away and send them to the day care or get a sitter. When they can be trusted they can try again staying home. Either that or ask if the neighbours could keep an eye on the house and to call if they are breaking the rules. Maybe talk to the friend’s parents and tell them you are not there and you don’t feel comfortable 6 there children being at your place when your not there maybe there parents won’t let them go or maybe invite your children to there place instead

8 Likes

A lot of good ideas on here. Maybe talk to the other parents and see if maybe they can go over there for a bit. Then they are not stuck home alone and not able to do anything. They probably do it for the social aspect.

One day…ur gonna look back…and wish u had just dealt with it…everyone is safe and sound and one day u will have a young adult tell u how important it was to be able to be at your home and eat something…I understand that’s not your job…but the universe seems to feel differently

5 Likes