My soon to be ex husband hasn't been giving me my stimulus: Advice?

Recent court orders said have to split so I split mine with my ex

Be sure to put it in your decree that he has to give you HALF of all of the stimulus and future stimulus checks. Thatā€™s how it was written in my divorce decree.

2 Likes

Currently going threw the same thing except we were not married, I have to sue him in courtšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø which I will win because he walked out and abandoned me with 4 kids and 22 weeks pregnant with his child. Itā€™s gonna be a long process but Iā€™m taking the steps the legal way! Good luck to youā¤ļø

2 Likes

Is your name on the account? If not then it can not go in there. Unless you did not work and he claimed you. If it is on the account go to the bank yourself.

Take his ass to court for them

Attorney or file papers in pro per. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a judge out there that would let him keep your stimulus $$$

file your taxes separate and when it ask if you received put 0 eventually he will have to pay it back

1 Like

Is the account the money went into a joint account? If not, maybe contact the bank and ask why it went into his account?

Write a "Detailed " letter to IRS about your sitauation and not getting XXX Stimulus checks for you or your children and they live with youā€¦ Detailed ā€¦ and send any proof you have - your address verses his , the children living with you at your address ( school records / day care records with your address on it ) signed or even notarized statements by family members or neighbors or landlord where you live , your job, written agreements anything that can prove or just show where you live verses where he does and where the children live, bills, light bill, etcc ANYTHING at all . Dates when he left or yall Seperated , how Long he has been a diffrent address or you have or Both. any Detail, Proof, anything and attach it to your letter and you will have your money Real Soon. I did this in the past and they didnt play they sent me mine. within a matters of weeks.

First thing we did during my divorce was close banks accounts, split the money and opened our own separate accounts at different banks

1 Like

Go to the bank and withdraw your amount, if your name is still on the account

1 Like

Change all your info so it canā€™t happen again and reach out to a free attorney

Joint account? As Edward said. Withdraw the $1400.

This is why separate bank accounts are so important.

4 Likes

Sue him for interest and some for making you wait.

Youā€™ll have to take it to court. Judge will order that he pay you back your share of the stimulus, and have so many days to return itā€¦ our buddy just went threw this with his ex wife cuz he has full custody

Amend the divorce papers to include your portion

You will have to request the money in your court meeting. Take screenshots of what the IRS portal shows and bring a copy of last years and this years income. More likely the judge will make him give you the money. Unfortunately, divorces take around 6 months.

It was sent to you, tell him hand it over or it will be addressed in Court ā€¦

1 Like

You get a credit on your taxes if you did not receive a stimulus payment. They will probably audit him. Karma bus is slow, but it usually gets to its destination. :wink:

2 Likes

Heā€™ll have to pay it in the divorce.

Honey u still married , walk in the bank and say I need my money please. And if he toke ur card well guess what tell them you want a knew oneā€¦ and if by chance you went willingly and toke your name off, well this will be a hard lesson for you to learn ā€¦ nothing his doing is a crime. Next time you will learn you better start filling faster cause every year he going to try to claim the kids on taxā€™s

Heā€™s a piece of dookie