My soon to be mother in law acts strange with my fiance, what do you think?

It’s normal to want to spend time with just your children, without their wives now and then. I know I would. Anyway, the rest is kinda weird and gross but maybe shes just an open person like that?

2 Likes

What does he say when you question it?

1 Like

Ok sound bit fishy and strange tbh with u could be her step-son some issues she has

1 Like

She may be really jealous & trying to run you off!! Definitely need to discuss with your husband. See what he thinks.

1 Like

Sounds like a mamas boy to me

Omg that sounds weird n creepy…if I were u I would talk to Ur partner but be careful not to accuse him or her of anything.

1 Like

We can’t choose our mom in laws, Goodluck.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you sure that’s his mum?.. get her a man friend before she befriends yours :woman_shrugging:t5::wink:

9 Likes

That’s disgusting. This is very strange behavior from his mother. It’s very weird

1 Like

That’s very strange for a mom to be doing with her child. I would talk to him & make him stand up to her in front of you & say to stop all or you will have to see her less then you are for sure

MIL needs a new hobby—or several—and a more suitable man in her life. You & hubs go to counseling so he can see this is NOT normal, and you can both learn ways to deal with her.

Maybe have some organizations/religious institutions in her area give her a call and invite her to volunteer doing something she’d enjoy so she has something interesting and social in her life. Was she a SAHM who devoted her life to her child/children and didn’t know what to do with herself after son grew up, moved out & moved on? Did she have kids young & never got to “sow her wild oats” until now?

Sign her up and pay for a dating service (if she’s single), maybe Our Time for the over-50 set. Sounds like she’s flirting with her own son. Yuck! Sounds almost like she’d be up for a fu*k buddy; even some young guys are up for that so she could be a cougar, but tell her to be safe as she meets and goes out with men & to use protection against STDs unless he provides a note from his doctor.

It’s like distracting little kids from doing something you don’t want them to do. I find many techniques that work on children work well for adults too.

She sounds mentally disturbed.

3 Likes

That’s sick and far from normal I would be having serious words with her she needs help ASAP

She dresses revealing clothes, bends the butt in the air… yes, this is NOT normal!!!

Hide a voice recorder in a room that they will be in and leave the room or better yet a nanny camera and you’ll get your answer before you make the plunge into marriage.

6 Likes

Ewww that’s not normal

If it feels wrong then it’s not right!
My concern is what effect this inappropriate behavior will have on your child. In my opinion, for what it’s worth, there is a red flag & at the very least I would be saying to the OH that you’re very uncomfortable with her behaviour esp around your child . ExplaIn to him that although he may find it normal and ok you don’t want your child growing up thinking this is what a normal parent/child relationship conforms to & want the child to have a balance view of the boundaries between any adult and their child.
Good luck xx

1 Like

Are you sure she’s his mother :joy:
Does he call her mum Or mumzy Lmao

2 Likes

She is a proper creep that needs serious help… that is NOT normal behaviour and u need to tell ur husband that her behaviour is actually “sick” and regarded in normal population as totally inappropriate…
Her behaviour is gross!!!
Sending serious amounts of red flags she is… u need to ask ur husband if anything has ever happened between them… she is wrong on so many levels… I would not wa t my children around that sick behaviour growing up as if that’s normal!!!

8 Likes

What in the Appalachian mountains is this??
No that’s not normal. Maybe for the hills have eyes family it is but absofuckinglutely no, no, no… ewwww

12 Likes

She definitely sounds weird, I would never do that kind of behavior towards my son. My mom definitely doesn’t do that. Does he have siblings? Does she act the same way around them? Brother or Sister in law you can talk to idk odd.

5 Likes

I’d be interested to know rather he was molested as a child by her, honestly

17 Likes

Omg! As a mother to 3 Mama’s boys, this behavior is so creepy and inappropriate! You need to talk to your fiance and have him set and enforce some boundaries.

16 Likes

I’d be sending her links about incest :joy:

18 Likes

I wouldn’t do to this to either of my boys!! I would def look into the possible molestation thing cause those were all flags something might of happened.

8 Likes

I have no advice but I just wanted to say EW WHAT IN THW FUCK?!

Sooooooo not normal!!! And also not normal you man is allowing it

10 Likes

Where do you humans come up with these stupid fake ass questions…:man_facepalming:t5:

I’m so weirded out by the folks saying this is incestuous without any incestuous context. A woman at any age, dressing revealing, shouldn’t be an issue. If she doesn’t see her son sexually, and he doesn’t see her that way, there shouldn’t be a problem. She’s not “showing herselr,” she’s bending over in clothing you don’t approve of.

It’s also not that weird for a mom that moved away to be up her son’s ass when she visits.

If you’re concerned about how she dresses in front of your child, that’s something you can and should discuss with her, though I’m not big on telling anyone they should or shouldn’t dress a certain way.

If you’re bothered by feeling excluded when she comes to visit, talk to her about it. Talk to your husband about it.

Hugging your adult child around the waist sounds less weird than hugging him with uplifted arms around the neck.

I would talk to your husband, and then your MIL if you don’t get anywhere with him. It will cause a divide, because clearly neither of them see anything wrong with it. Be ready to deal with that, and hope it doesn’t happen. Maybe you can all come to an understanding of what’s “apropriate,” now that you’re married.

1 Like

Sounds excessive, obsessive, manipulative, controlling, irrational and obnoxious for sure.

8 Likes

That sounds like another narcissist mom! Man they are in full swing lately.

11 Likes

Nope that is very strange.
I’m curious to know how your fiance feels about it?
Does he feel uncomfortable or is this normal to him?

6 Likes

Odd and very wrong.
Ask him what she was like with him growing up.
She may have done more and he may think it was normal if he didn’t know any different.

4 Likes

My 6 boys would knock my lights out if I behaved like that!
That is right out there!

18 Likes

… like I’ve heard or MIL’s trying to cut out the spouse and such… but that’s… thats beyond that to me… that doesn’t even sound like a MIL… it sounds like an ex gf with the description… I’d be digging deeper fast… because if it was something inappropriate… you don’t want that around the baby… absolutely fucking not. Good luck Momma

Incredibly creepy; put a stop to it right away. Very ugly behaviour. Shame on all of us mothers

Ok, I hug my sons who both have loving partners, I like to have one on one conversations with them too, without others around. Their child is never my bub, but is loved as much or even a little more than my own are. Grandbabies are a gift to be shared in a loving family. I do hope my relationship with my sons isn’t interpreted this way.

6 Likes

Not normal I am going through the same thing except we have three children and his mom just plain pyscho

This is his mother? Is he a only child ? Some moms act a little different is the only child is a boy but it still sounds weird.

2 Likes

Is he fucking his mum if this was any other woman I’d be thinking that

She needs therapy for emotional incest
She took the emotional closeness she didn’t get from her husband from her son and behaves that way because of that
Still nasty beyond belief but she very much so needs to go to therapy

11 Likes

My hubby is an only child and of course could do no wrong but his mother was never flirtatious or jealous, we were very close before she passed. Doesn’t sound normal to me. Very weird

1 Like

You need to watch the documentary mommas boy!!!

Sounds like a freaky situation … just ask him lmao :joy:

3 Likes

I dated a mamas boy once. We have a son together who will be born next month. She did everything in her power to split us apart. She’s a disgusting human being. I will never be with a mamas boy again.

2 Likes

She’s being weird. Super weird. Is this new behavior for her?

Sounds like she’s always dressed like that as he is obviously not phased by it… maybe when she comes over go to the shop or ask them to take ur child out together so u can get some alone time n they have their time together… there is nothing wrong with that… I love having time with my mum or my aunty with no one else when I go to see them… I don’t have a son but I have heard stories of mums who do get “jealous” when their sons find someone to love… as long as your man doesn’t let her get in between u it’ll be ok. But again try being the instigator for them spending time together…

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s his mum :rofl:

5 Likes

Sounds like some mental health issues maybe ? :thinking:

3 Likes

Gross, sorry but wtf is wrong with her.

1 Like

She sounds pretty weriod

What your describing certainly isn’t normal for her to behave like that

No excuses that is plain weird n yuk I couldn’t imagine acting anything like that toward my son n he’s 21

My sons a mummys boy and we DO not behave in this manner

5 Likes

No there’s is actually in laws who treat their son as if it was their spouse, especially if its a single mil/fil

1 Like

He thinks this behaviour is normal, yes.??

Wtf is wrong with all of you?! No doubt she’s got some mental health issues and it’s not appropriate but incest? Really? Certainly not what I’d think. She most certainly needs to back off a bit. Did you talk to her about any of this? Maybe try to do something with you, your kid, & her minus your husband too?

1 Like

Not a chance!! She needs help. That’s not appropriate at all n her son should be telling her that!!

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My soon to be mother in law acts strange with my fiance, what do you think? - Mamas Uncut

Jodie Lindley 100% agree with you there, I thought it was strange her talking about the mother in law being affectionate with her own son but making it sound sexual… I don’t know if that’s the lasses own insecurities/paranoia or something just because the way she spoke about his own mother just kissing, cuddling, texting him… maybe she doesn’t want you to feel bad that she does want alone time with her own son, and that being for the sole reason they have a mother/son bond and connection, that shouldn’t be taken into these contexts… doesn’t sound like she’s done anything wrong to me I think you sound a little paranoid. Whispering in his ear? I dont know it does all sound strange but maybe you are making something here out of nothing… there’s nothing to speculate on? Just a mother wanting to be involved in her son, grandchild and daughter in laws lives… which is a good thing?

1 Like

Asking to see her son, showing him affection! I dunno but here in the UK that’s seems normal, I think adding her dress sense to the topic made it weird, but tbf what clothes she wears shouldn’t make a difference! I’m a young mum I’m now 32 my son is 12 so when I’m 42 and he’s 22 do I have to wear a knitted cardigan and not want time with my child who I brought into the world? Encase I look weird? And not gonna lie I’d call my grandkids my babies too as guess what I made my son n his kids are my family! I think if you keep making her not have time with him then it will only make her determined to see him more don’t you get that? That’s her kid she’s never gonna leave him walk away or stop caring so why not encourage activities for them to do, or tell her how u feel? She’s his mum your children’s grandparent work with her! I’m sure she felt the same when she first had him with her Mother in law! So unless you’ve slept with ya own realities and live in a town or city that lots of people do? Then you have no justification for the comment. I don’t see what the issue is, and to accuse a mum of that I think is horrific to be frank, if my future daughter in law thought that of me I’d be mortified! Mother and son love goes with the dad and daughter “daddy’s girl” go get some time out the house and space as your minds in overload x

7 Likes

Very strange, does she have a partner? Does he allow her to behave like this?

Unfortunately it’s more normal than you think (though it shouldn’t be) and it’s an indicator that you’re going to have a tough time with your mother in-law and your future husband is going to be really crap at boundaries.

4 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed: dis the shit Sigmund Freud be talking about. Not normal & Goodluck….

12 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My soon to be mother in law acts strange with my fiance, what do you think? - Mamas Uncut

3 Likes

My mother in law was kinda similar. Back when my husband and I were dating and even when we were engaged and living separate, she always would blow up his phone and have a “family emergency” when she knew he was coming down to spend the weekend with me. She would try and act like that was her husband instead of her son. She came to visit for our first Thanksgiving together when we got our first place together and even tried to parent my oldest special needs child in front of me. I told him he better check her before I do because I won’t be so kind about it. Like I don’t do that non sense, act right or gtfo. I suggest the same. Put your foot down and make it known her behavior is inappropriate and that she does not get to take your child anywhere in private especially when she’s over there acting like a whole ass predator. Just bc she is an in law does NOT mean you have to tolerate disrespect let alone in your home. If he don’t see an issue with her behavior and step up to her than you throw his whole ass self in the trash too where they both belong

443 Likes

What in the actual fuck? I’d call her out on that shit real quick. Super weird. Not like in a son/ mother relationship way (only because I hope to GOD that’s bit where their relationship :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:)but that needs to come to a stop asap

89 Likes

Mama can’t seem to let go. And probably doesn’t realize she is coming off incest-like. But you shouldn’t even have to say anything. Your fiancé needs to pop the boob out of his mouth and speak up. He’s grown with his own child. And she needs to respect her grandchild’s mother! It’s a privilege for you to allow her around your child! You could easily stop allowing it until she put some respect on you as her soon to be daughter in law and grandchild’s mama!

184 Likes

She just sounds extra clingy. That’s her baby boy all grown up, but still her baby! And I don’t think her clothing has anything to do with anything, she can wear whatever she wants. It’s not wrong for her to want to spend time without you around. The messages and whispers might be because she’s trying not to sound rude or start problems with you, which you’re kinda getting in your feelings about it anyway. Maybe she just doesn’t know you well enough or trust you yet. Some mothers in law take years to warm up and that’s just life. :woman_shrugging:t4: Take her out for lunch alone and get to know her better.

8 Likes

Honestly as a mom of a newly 18 y/o son I am finding it hard to know my place. I know he is grown and 100% able to be grown and make his own decisions all I have ever known was to mother him. I think a healthy line of comunication betewwen you and the mil with the son present id the best way to go. There are times I don’t even realized I am over stepping I need that comunication

81 Likes

I say let them be alone but some :camera: up in the house and see what she’s wants to whisper about never know the wierd hidden secrets if your so concerned and have a gut feeling just maybe see what happens when your not there and maybe there is some wierd shit going on I was with a guy for a every long time and him and his sister were also every wierd and touchy well one day she came out and had told me he raped her and she was in love with him and all kinds or creepy shit so never know what happens behind closed doors especially if u feel something isn’t right…

123 Likes

This is weird AF… both my sons are mamas boys and we are very close and i adore their wives and would never act like this… Idk what is going on between this mom and her grown son but if i were his wife i would call them both out - and if they make YOU the problem then i wpuldnt have high hopes fir the marriage… Cuz gaslighting is narcissistic toxic behavior and OTHERS are always the crayzee AND THEY NEVER ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR WRONGDOING

60 Likes

I have a grown 28 year old son and he’s got two daughters. I call all three of them my babies. Because they are my babies. I would never ever show my ass or any other body part to my son. That’s just disgusting to me. Yes, I will hug and kiss him he’s my son, my one and only child, my baby. I would also sit and cuddle him like I’ve always done since day one and like I do my granddaughters. Although it would NOT be cuddling like I do with my ol man. I think any woman who acts like this woman your describing may be seeking attention and maybe her son is used to that behavior and doesn’t think anything of it?? I don’t know. I’d maybe sit and talk to him and ask him if it makes his uncomfortable. Or maybe watch Bates Motel and see what his reaction is. :thinking:

84 Likes

The people saying this is normal…I am raising a Mama’s boy, my younger brother was/is a super Mama’s boy…THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Makes me wonder and worry what the hll goes on with a lot of peoples families. Doesn’t help that someone close to me was mlested by their aunt for years and years, their Mom knew and to this day acts like it is something that happens to everyone.

So, when you guys say, “That’s normal” …it concerns me for those around you. You do realize kids are MOST likely to be abused by someone you know and “trust” right? People close to them.

My Mama’s boy will NEVER have to worry about his partner worrying about something like this. I can show him affection and be close with him without acting like I am competing with his spouse. I hope the rest of you can do the same for your kids.

90 Likes

That’s not normal she needs help keep your kid away from her

19 Likes

What does your fiancé say or do when she does this? What’s his facial expressions or body language? If he lets it happen it without any reaction she may (mom) has groomed her son sexually and now that’s he’s an adult he has probably tried to break free of her grasp. Put your foot down and ask some questions with him. I’d just have to take control and be all up on my man and see what her real reaction will be. Incest can and does happen on all levels.

13 Likes

When my hubby and I first got together 26 years ago my mil was the same with hugs and kisses, even if I was sitting on his lap or we were cuddling. She always follows him around and whisper converses with him, and gets all quiet when I walked into room. I just gave them space.

Here is the kicker. Before mom comes over get him to eat you out. Live with the satisfaction of that knowledge. No idea how she never smelled it, sometimes he didn’t get the opportunity to wash his face. I always wanted to say “He just finished eating me out, you might not want to kiss him”…

56 Likes

That is a cause for concern if it’s an on going issue while you two have been together for 5yrs. Definitely keep an eye on the situation and talk with your spouse about it all and what you’ve noticed along the way. See if maybe he noticed or wants to help define the boundaries for their relationship and make everyone comfortable.

5 Likes

My thoughts. If this is something you are seeking advice and help on then there is definitely something there. I would ask your fiance if her behavior towards him has always been that way and ask if it at all makes him uncomfortable. I would explain why it makes you uncomfortable and that he really needs to say something because it is your home, it is YOUR family and she needs to respect you and act appropriately while in your home and around your kids. Outside of that she can do as she pleases.

4 Likes

The spending time alone is normal. Its sounds a little like territorial behavior. Before speaking to her maybe ask your almost husband how he feels. If this is something he is normalized to or maybe just fine with its better to start there. Best of luck!

10 Likes

I’m a mum to two mummas boys and I’d never do any of that. My kids are 14 and 9. We are close but I’d be horrified to be honest if I did any of that. It’s just gross. I do tell them I love them by text if they are away or I won’t see them or bear cuddles. As for clothing if they came out of it or were fed from it they don’t want to see that as they get older and were not a fully dressed family(like emergency dash to the bedroom with towels on, or boys in boxers) But yeah nah to the rest.

6 Likes

That is weird af I’m sorry to be so honest. I understand that she loves him…but he’s grown. Time to let him be an adult. Sounds like she needs a man for herself…maybe she is lacking affection in her life. Maybe she needs a hobby.

1 Like

I got the same type of mil… #1 do not let her around your baby or home. She groomed her son to be her husband… It is toxic. It is incest. My oldest is 16 my mil never met my kids never will. Stay safe and get you and baby somewhere safe while she is around better yet tell her she is not welcone in your home until she goes to thwrapy and acts like a normal mother grandmother

88 Likes

You probably shouldn’t let your child be alone with alone her. That is definitely strange behavior and makes me question their relationship. Definitely talk to fiance and then call her out.

17 Likes

Check out trauma bonding and learned helplessness. He was conditioned. Manipulated and taken advantage of. It is not normal and your feelings are valid. I feel your pain girl. Its gross and sad at same time…and makes me want to vomit.

15 Likes

If he’s an only child, you’re probably overreacting. Even if he’s not, you probably are. If he doesn’t have a problem with it, it’s fine. My husband’s step-mom sends good morning heart texts pretty much daily. I don’t read anything into it. They love each other. And I doubt your MIL dresses sexy for her son, ha. That’s probably just how she dresses. The only thing that would bug me, if I was in your shoes, is her constantly trying to be alone with him, and not include you. Wanting a little alone time with her son, especially if she lives far away, is understandable. Never wanting you around is not.

133 Likes

This is strange and I’d definitely call her out on the inappropriate behavior. I would have a conversation with the fiance first and ask him does this behavior make him uncomfortable bc its definitely gross and makes you uncomfortable. I have 2 boys and a girl and I definitely do not behave like this!

70 Likes

If you are jealous of his momma, you might wanna take a look at what your insecurities are. And if this comment bothers you in some way the problem probably is you. If not I hope that you are able to work through that. But remember that’s his momma.

16 Likes

Single mom to a boy …he has baby (you aside from that) she bonds with baby thinking in her mind her son is he is still a baby and that’s his baby …emotional imprint …she wears revealing clothing to get noticed (negative attention is still attention)might I assume she is in no tied down relationship…in her mind her son and “his” (your baby) is all she has in this world …distortion in her mind does not coincide with acutal reality …I do not believe taking an aggressive approach will work with her you need to slowly over time prove yourself as a wife and mother over and over to her and then make the argument that you are capable and he is an adult and your baby is more than fine (it’s exhausting)…there is no over night fix for this …and cutting her out will create tension with you and your significant other …believe me I get it’s frustrating…but it takes time …

16 Likes

My MIL has the be the queen bee with all the male attention. She has gone as far as attempting suicide the morning our daughter, her first grandchild, was born as “another woman between me and my son” very unhealthy and he has had to lay in levels of barriers.

13 Likes

Huh :thinking: she may just be jealous of you and her extroverted personality and sexuality are making things look weirder than they should. I feel the the rate of incest (incestual feelings) between a mother and adult son is very small… I could be wrong​:expressionless:

14 Likes

Ewwwww. I never acted like this with my boys and if my man had tolerated this after I explained how wrong it is - she could have him because I’d be gone.

17 Likes

Honestly that is to much. Reminds me of the women I follow on tiktok whose husband was sleeping with his grandma and other relatives. What grown man wants his mom grabbing his waists and kissing him it’s weird. Does he think it is or say you over reacting?

8 Likes

That’s nasty🤮 Nothing about her behavior is OK, very inappropriate. I would be speaking with your fiancé about it, and see what he has to say. If it were me in your situation I would not be putting up with any of that I would be setting boundaries. There are certain things that parents and their children are not supposed to do, what you are explaining is extremely inappropriate in every way.

17 Likes

I kinda deal with that crap myself … my fiance’s sister/mom ( she adopted him when he was 11 ) acts so inappropriate with him but he doesnt discourage it which makes it even worse , it’s a turn off honestly … its put a huge wedge in our relationship… like she’s called him sexy before even said she would date him :nauseated_face:(I love my man but hearing that makes me :nauseated_face:) …oh the best one yet was when he came home from prison (5yrs) she said he was moving in with her instead of me , his fiance !! Like um do you really think a man that’s went with out for 5 yrs wants to live with his sister/mom ?? and if he does then he definitely dont need a fiance!!! Idk according to them I’m just a drama queen so good luck with that !! Lol (I promise I’m not though -the stories I could tell ) …

15 Likes

Somethings do seem a little off but also seems you’re reading into stuff. You sound a bit jealous to be honest. Embrace each other, don’t compete. It’s okay to have alone time if that’s what she’s wanting with her son and grandchild. That’s not abnormal. I don’t know, seems like there is more too it.

6 Likes

That is definitely strange. I would ask your fiance what she says and how he feels about it and her actions

5 Likes

I’m sorry but this is not normal. My future mother in law gives hugs and kisses on the cheek and sends an I love you text every once and awhile but thats it

2 Likes

not normal at all, it’s very weird actually. assuming that this is her son, she shouldn’t be acting that way with him at all. he’s her son not her man or somebody she should be attracted to.

1 Like

Idk but it sounds kinda creepy my x is only child and his mother never acted like that. I wonder if she ever sexually abuse him as a child. Who knows, but her behavior is not right.

3 Likes