My soon to be mother in law acts strange with my fiance, what do you think?

You sure it’s his mother? Lol… then again there is some weird mother and son relationships out there… stand your ground!

3 Likes

not overreacting at all ! i would definitely talk to him if you haven’t already . that sounds weird & not normal :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

I think she should talk to him about it.
I would love an update on what he says and how this is handled because this is some crazy stuff.

6 Likes

I would not marry into that family to save the drama in my life :rofl: but that’s me

7 Likes

The sweet home Alabama vibes are strong in this one… but yes please do have them both sit down and talk about it calmly… or talk to the mom first. As long as there is communication on the table. You’re not overreacting… if something makes you feel uncomfortable, your feelings are valid

1 Like

Have you all watched that show “I’m in love with a Mommas Boy” a lot of these Moms were very much like this

1 Like

When your own son gets older and leaves your home you will understand better

16 Likes

i have a son myself. he’s only 2, so i haven’t gotten to experience him being an adult yet lol (thank god, i don’t want that to happen :pleading_face:)

BUT i understand loving your kid and giving them kisses on the cheek and hugging them every now and then but once they become an adult and especially when they start their own family there needs to be some separation.

in this case it just seems weird. especially if she’s always wanting to spend alone time with just him and/or your child. it’s very very weird. say something to your husband. if it were me i’d say something definitely. including if it’s in your own home and it’s making you uncomfortable.

1 Like

I see a mother love to her son and i’m so mad that, that love is given a different nasty view from someone… u have a dirty mind!

2 Likes

Momma needs to get some—somewhere else. If she ain’t still married then she needs a boyfriend. She needs attention and it doesn’t need to come from your fiancé. The easiest way to help this along would be to find her a Boo, a hook up, a silver fox, a most interesting man in the world and then fade slowly into the background and live happily ever after.

1 Like

This is sounding like some Stephen King’s Sleepwalkers stuff.

My advice, call them both out on their incestuous ways, but make sure your child is at your parents house or somewhere safe first. The mother’s behavior is nowhere near normal if she is acting like the side piece.

Even if she is the mom that is annoying as hell and her son is a grown man and any girl or most would be annoyed by that . I honestly would tell him to tell her to back up a little because it’s weird .

1 Like

Moms have special bonds with their boys but she might be a little overboard. Be glad they’re not fighting all the time.

That’s not normal behavior at all. I’d try set some very clear boundaries and get hubby to back you up with them 100%. If she can’t follow the boundaries she doesn’t get to come over. Good luck and I’m sorry you are having to deal with this

If this situation was reversed (daughter/FIL) it would be completely inappropriate. She has some very serious issues if she thinks this is ok.

14 Likes

I think this is awful weird. Something is definitely off. Their relationship is inappropriate and so is your future mother in law. If he’s not going to put a stop to this behavior, I’d leave the relationship.

that sounds so gross. you’re not overthinking anything, it’s borderline incest on her end from what it sounds. She needs to learn some fucking boundaries

1 Like

My little brothers dad and his dad’s mom had a very weird relationship. They would walk and hold hands, she would like worship the ground that complete POS walked on, and after my mom gave birth to my brother, she was holding him one day while still an infant and he began suckling cuz he was getting hungry and she told my brother “oh honey I’m all dried up or else I’d feed u myself” :hushed::face_with_raised_eyebrow::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face: like what? N she would just do and say weird things to her SON. They were just a little TOO close and it was super awkward and my whole family noticed. Honestly thank God he decided to take off n skip state. Good riddance. Wouldn’t want my brother growing up being raised to be like that. It was super creepy. And my brothers dad was such a mamas boy too the whole situation was just disturbing and disgusting.

See there is a fine clear difference between being a loving mum to being down right creepy. Your not over reacting, your opinion is valid and important. A couple of my ex’s were mamas boy’s but never to thst extent where they behaved like that around their son. Just your typical phone call to see how they were doing or putting the opinion out there if there was arguments going for dinner once im a while but thats as far as it went. You need to call this out as i agree with most ladies. Its really not normal for her to act like that round your partner then to clearly disrepect you and your child! Hope you find answers soon

She’s missing her baby. She’ll have to learn to adjust and accept that he is grown up now and has his own life. It can be very hard for some mothers to let go of what was their life for so long!

My oldest kids fathers mother is like this. She has three boys and treats them all like she’s their woman instead of their mother. She always has to be the center of attention. One Mother’s Day she called my BD’s youngest brother and asked where her gift was. They were struggling money wise he says ma I didn’t get you anything this year I’m sorry I have bills. Her reply was “yeah but I’m sure you got that b**ch something”referring to his children’s mother. When she got drunk she would always act inappropriately with her sons just very touchy feely and it weirded me out. I came to the conclusion that she touched her boys as they were growing up because that behavior was just too bizarre.

1 Like

This was my MIL. I remember once her saying something about how sexy her own son was. I lost my ish in front of an entire party of people about how sick she was. She also used to refer to her son’s as “The Kennedy’s”… I liked to remind her those men both had shitty endings to life. I literally waited till this woman was dead to have my daughter bc I couldn’t stand the idea of her being around my kid

I’d start with talking with your other half. It’s for sure different behavior. You don’t want to step on toes and make relationships rocky before the marriage. As far as alone time there really isn’t that much harm unless she’s taking a weeks vacation. Nothing wrong with a lunch or dinner date.

So… wow… I’ve been married and after almost 13 years we separated and am currently in another long term relationship… both of my mother in laws have never acted like this at all :grimacing: I mean yea they hug their sons say I love you etc… but wow thats extreme. Hats off to you cause I would have already said something, to the significant other first and then to the mil thats just… wow… and I’m a mom of 2 boys being my oldest and my daughter is the youngest and I don’t even act like that… this doesn’t sound normal to me at all.

You should watch the show “I love a mamas boy” it may make you feel somewhat normal about their relationship. Sounds like yall could be on that show too. Those women are over the top like this.

That is super strange behavior. She acts as if they had a sexual relationship. I would talk to your fiancé about it. Explain to him how strange it is. And tell him he needs to back her off. He is the one who needs to draw the line. I would tell him it is odd for a mother to act that way.

Sounds pretty normal for an overprotective, clingy, overbearing and annoying MOTHER… Didn’t you watch Monster In Law?? The way she dresses could be just for attention and not the attention you’re thinking about. Her being/feeling a little jealous when you fell pregnant could be understandable if it was her 1st grandchild. I get that she would want to be alone with him sometimes and not have you around all the time, he was her son for the longest time and now she can’t get alone time with him? Don’t be selfish. So what if she doesn’t want you around all the time?? You say she wants alone time with him and your child at times. Are you still looking for validation with her? She’s your child’s grandmother SO WHAT if she says MY BABY to your child? My son is an only grandchild on my side of the family and my mom also says “my baby” to him all the time, I’ve never felt any way about it, you sound jealous. My son will be 2 in a week and I kiss on him a practically smother him most of the time whose to say I won’t be affectionate and loving when he is older? I’d probably still grab and kiss him, hug him tightly and for long especially if he doesn’t live with me or close to me and would probably also want to spend alone time with him on the odd occasion to have a nice talk etc. There should be limits of course but speak to your partner and if he doesn’t see anything wrong with it then explain how it makes you feel and ask him what they say speak when alone or what she whispers to him etc. You could be overreacting or she may or may not want you with him. It’s been 5 years and you stayed with him, also seems he’s a mommy’s boy.

1 Like

She will always be mom and blessed by both of you as grandma. By the sound of it he sees it as normal. They probably were close growing up and she was probably a single parent by the sound of it or alone now. If she doesn’t live near that also is giving you your time and space. She was able to move and know all is okay!
His mom, let him decide… learn to talk with him about things that can be addressed and let him handle that. You two are still together and she hasn’t stopped that now has she? :slightly_smiling_face: She also sees the child you share probably as perfect…hence “her baby comments” she probably brags about the child. I’d try to make time for you and child or you alone and grandma and go from there. If she isn’t interested in that then I’d think that was odd and speak to him. Bottom line…He’s still with you, not running around and heart is with you 5 years strong! Sounds like a mama’s boy and you knew that all along by the sound of it. Now wrapping arms around his waist and kissing to me is odd but each there own Id address why she does that with him maybe but not Facebook.

Your husband needs to support you and he is the one who should put her in her place. He has put himself in the middle of it

For some families they can be brought up in a touchy feely way and if you weren’t brought up that way it can make you feel uncomfortable and if he is an only child well that can explain alot. The one thing you have to hope for is if he puts you and your child first before others and if you ever have a boy and I guess same with a girl the ones they choose will never be good enough in a mothers mind

My son is only 7 and he a mamas boy but I would never be like that to him I am not even like that with him now.

You are jealous of your husband’s mom? I get she is a bit overboard but do you really think it’s indecent? As a mom of two grown sons I’m flabbergasted. Obviously something is off here if you assume it’s sexual. Just sounds odd

My boys are mommas boys and this behavior is definitely concerning. That’s not normal and you should talk to your fiancé.

Could she possibly be confused with how to get her sons attention back to her, now that he has a family of his own and another female is in what kind of was her spot light? Hence the weird behavior with him and inappropriate dress? I know we think that most mother in laws just excessively baby their adult children. But if she truly is jealous and unhappy that he is not paying attention to her, we have to think about how females compete with each other for attention from a man.
It truly does seem as if she’s trying to compete with his partner for his attention.
It would bother me if I had to be in that situation so I would definitely ask him to put a stop to it or ask her not to visit. The text message thing is normal to me. I plan on sending my children texts telling them I love them till the day I die :woman_shrugging:t3: I also get weird reactions from their partners when I tell my siblings, including my brothers I love them. No weird shit. Just making sure they know.

Possibly a cultural thing or she got a thing for her son, its weird people dont believe that shit can happen but it does :woman_shrugging:t2:

My son and I are super close because I was a 17 year old single mom when I had him so we went through the world together. He’s been with his future wife since they were 14, so… 9 years. I call her my daughter. I spend as much time with her as I do him. She calls me and we talk for hours. What a strange way for your MIL to act! Ew!

1 Like

She sounds crazy asf… I live in Texas and my son lives in SC and I text him 2 times a day love you. But it’s good morning have a great day love you and good night love you. I’ve told him that every day since he was born. But I don’t think it’s weird. But what she is doing is crazy asf to me

Dude…this is not a bit overdue sketchy mommas boy love anymore…it’s weird AF and if the dude would be a child/teenager, momma would be in jail and never be allowed around children anymore. :roll_eyes: I would not want that woman arround my kids, she will end up in the paper pregnant by some kid on the block

I wonder does she have some kind of mental health issue, or early on set Alzheimer’s?

There is a bond between a mother and her son that is hard to understand and it will never be broken, ever. Thats a little over board. Run for the hills and keep running…

That’s sounds pretty wild and strange. Maybe she’s in love with her son in a different way. What does your husband say…

Aren’t you reading a bit much into it? The revealing clothes are worrisome but is you MIL even aware of it , if that is just her normal attire? Telling her son she loves him is normal, even spending time alone with him is normal, it probably was their normal for about 20years.If your husband is comfortable with it you should just accept she doesn’t see him like you do and she is not a romantic rival . Sounds like she is overstepping it a little but if she is any kind of normal this is just her still seeing him as her baby. In my family it’s not weird to call all family babies yours in baby talk. It’s more a sign of being protective as an family elder than anything else.

Idk my boys are mamas boys and we do not interact that way and I expect my sons gf or fiancé to be with us and include them in everything it does sound strange

I think this MIL is trying to show you in some weird way that she is his favorite or first love as his mom. Sounds like Mom is feeling neglected so she is dressing young to compete with your youth (in her aging mind), maybe? Ok so that’s hard to address except to laughingly point out ‘oops Grammy’s butt is falling out of shorts’ or ‘oops grammaw’s shirt isn’t covering her chest today’…I wonder if pointing out her inappropriate outfit choices will cause her any thoughts??? But reminding her she is ‘the grandma’ is your little dig back at her. Seems she is jealous of your role in her son’s life. I do think she should have alone time with her son…she maybe feels she has no influence in her sons life anymore and she is having a hard time ‘letting go or passing the torch’ to his wife. Hopefully she lives far away as doesn’t visit often??? Just sounds like a jealous overbearing mom who can’t let her son go…she’s trying to show you she is still important in his life. Have you seen Monster in law with Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez?

1 Like

My x mother in law was just plan mean. She would talk about me in the third person when I was in the same room. She had three sons and a daughter. She was aggressive towards me for years. She was passive aggressive. It got so bad my x said we are moving far away from you and you won’t see us or your grandkids. We took a break from her. Relationships can be stressful enough without adding a crazy mother in law. As long as your man sticks by your side you will do well. I look back and relieve he was stuck in the middle and you can’t control crazy. She was she still is wonderful to my kids. They are now 27 and 32. I was told she missed me after our divorce. We were married 20 years. I have a son and I never put pressure on him. He puts his relationship first and I love his girl. I so wish you luck. He should talk to her. I never really got alone time with my so which I was sort of sad. His girl and her family came first as it really should. He was young had his friends , his hobbies , his work. Now that he is older , more mature and I became extremely sick with stage 3 ovarian cancer. He was there every day at the hospital for my 30 day stay. Took a work leave etc. His girl and him took care of me every step of the way for a year. I’m single and I am blessed I raised a stand up guy. Try to be patient. Hopefully your love is strong enough it withstand her. My x remarried. Been with the woman 18 years and my x mother in law is mean to her. I here about it through my sons girl. It’s just very weird dynamic. I would never act that way toward my sons girlfriend. They have been together 7 years so she is like my daughter in law. I love her and I hated my x mother in law as mean to me. I would not do that to the woman he loves and adores.

1 Like

The amount of people saying “that’s his mom” like it’s okay for moms to act possessive over their adult sons… it’s gross. Our kids are not our property and being their mom doesn’t give us the right to cross boundaries with their families. Oh and btw, unpopular opinion, my son doesn’t need to pick me over his family just because I’m his mom. He made a family and that family is now priority. You’re weird if your kid is grown with his own family and you still want to be first. Some of y’all need help.

1 Like

Think about if this was the other way around and it was a mother and daughter would that be bad? If a mother can do things with her daughter’s like this why not her son’s?

Yeah thats strange in its own way. Im married to a mommas boy. And although my mother in law wants to coddle my husband and has a sick obsession with him and my daughter. She never acted in the way you’re describing yours.

Everybody saying its strange for a mother to love on their child and want to spend time with them…like what?? That’s what a good mother does lol. I send texts to my dad every morning that say good morning I love you with a heart. Theres something wrong with that?? What even. Y’all wild af

Talk with ur man, see how he feels, or if he even notices, and if he doesn’t notice, tell him next time MIL comes over, he needs to be looking for it. He needs to notice it. Come up with a secret signal, a fake cough, crossing ur fingers, wink, whatever, when she’s doing it and u notice and he doesn’t, do the signal to him, and bring it to his attention WHILE it’s happening! Then, go from there. U have to be persistent with it tho, on que with ur signal every time!!

I divorced a man with a similar mother. She was telling my children to go against my teachings and instructed them to hide things from me. I have a restraining order against the family now.

Narcissist behavior but really I would questions if your man is groomed or is that is his other side chick playing his mom and they both in on it and making you feel crazy …most of it narcissist behavior but the bending down and " girlfriend " or female friend that would naturally do that type of behavior but a mom ? Either he been groomed she sick in her head or they both in on it in some twisted lifetime movie .

Mama’s boy or not… its weird… I would say something

1 Like

Me and my kids all have a very open honest and huggy relationship I’m still trying to stop my 18 year old coming for a natter when I’m in the bath but my sons although have seen everything I wouldn’t go out my way to show them any body part that’s weird and creepy I agree with the camera idea see whats going on before it’s to late

Just sounds like she is trying to compete with you for his attention but I think she just misses him a mamas boy the bending out and revealing clothes maybe is a mid life crises lol

This is called mother enmeshment and it’s extremely toxic and damaging. She’s going to push you out if you don’t bring attention to it … she’s already trying. If he doesn’t have boundaries with her it’s seriously only a matter of time before he allows her to drive you off - and he may not even be consciously aware that this is what’s happening.

Sounds like she has some mental illness. Doesnt sound normal to me. I’d be nervous to leave my daughter with her.

My future mother in law is the same. Her and her husband kinda groomed him into acting like a substitute husband so her husband wouldn’t have to deal with her. Now that I’m in the picture she’s super jealous and has verbally attacked me and even said “what could you possibly have that I don’t? I’m his mother”
She complains to him that he’s barely at home anymore. But he is now seeing the toxicity which he was subjected to. His friends even told him before me and him met but he never thought it was serious until I came around and his mother started acting worse.

If this was a father-daughter situation the obvious answer would be inappropriate relationship. I knew a girl who had been molested by step-dad and he was that way when she tried to date. Women can be sex offenders too. And, their victims can be equally led to believe it’s normal.

That’s not a normal mother/son relationship. That’s just plain weird and gross. I would mention it to your partner and also let him know that he says something or you will and you will not be so nice about it. I would also never leave her alone with my kids and for safety make sure to mention something to your family like: if anything happens to me make sure the mother-in-law is looked at as a suspect. As the mother in law could eventually decide you are in the way and want to get rite of you. It happens.

Emotional incest is a very real thing that you should look into. & it’s a lot more common than you would think.

Whoa, major red flags there! That is very abnormal behavior! She clearly doesnt like you or is threatened by you, and has issues. What does he say about all of this? Does it bother him? Have you told him it bothers you? Its very inappropriate and he should be standing up for you.

Jocasta complex:
a rarely used term for a mother’s libidinous fixation on a son.
[Jocasta, mother and wife of Oedipus]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
(1) The usually latent sexual desire that a mother has for a son
(2) The domineering and intense, but non-incestuous love that a mother has for an intelligent son, and an often absent or weak father figure

It made my stomach turn reading that, I’d call her out on her shit and then tell her to leave! That’s disgusting and inappropriate behavior

It’s his mom. Not your place to say anything. If anyone should, it should be him.

Wow reading some of these comments makes me seriously concerned for some of you! This is disgusting behaviour and has no place between a mother and son unless you’re a incest hill billie hick which from the sounds of it is alot of you :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

My ex boyfriend and I were together for a year and we decided to move in together. When we went to his house to get some of his stuff for the move, his mom was literally THROWING his shit out the door into the yard. It reminded me of an ex girlfriend kicking out a boyfriend! She kept yelling things like “you wanna leave then leave! Get out!” And “you wanna live with someone else? Fine!” And just weird things about him “leaving her.” She was always this way. Super clingy. Very touchy. Always tried to sit between us and do things with him alone and not include me. She finally moved to Florida and only came to visit once every few months but it was super uncomfortable. When I had my twins she came and stayed for a few weeks to help out with them and she would constantly tell him how beautiful HIS babies were. (They weren’t his biologically. We started dating when I was 4 weeks pregnant.) But made it very clear that they were HIS.

I don’t know this is creepy to even me! I’m a mom to all boys and my oldest who’s 18 I kiss his cheek when he leaves and is going to gone for a couple of days. I don’t even kiss my 10yr old on the lips. The ONLY time my kids have seen my not fully clothed was when I had covid, I thought I was goin to die, I laid in my bathtub because that’s all that felt good and they would bring me water to drink but even then I had a towel that I laid over top of me when they would come in. And grabbing your kids around the waste is weird AF to me all in itself.

Why is your partner condoning her behavior and not telling her to cut the apron strings :woozy_face:

Not normal… very strange and I’d definitely be talking to your husband about this odd behaviour

Ewww no! Tf?! I could not and would not be with any man that had that going on because I can’t even begin to imagine how sick it would make me to feel like his mom acts like she’s in some weird competition with me. I don’t care what their relationship was like before you…whatever it was, was inappropriate. Im NOT ab to let anyone on this earth normalize behavior like that from a parent to their small child OR grown up child! Y’all nasty if you think any of that is ok! Go with your gut instinct on this situation and put your foot down. If you are not ok with it, tell him how it makes you feel and to knock it off. If it’s a problem, then I guess he should date his mom instead! I mean think about it…she acts JEALOUS of any attention he gives to you and she won’t let you sit together in your own home and you are MARRIED to this dude? Nope. You’ll never be able to convince yourself that it’s not weird and you won’t ever allow yourself to be ok with how uncomfortable it makes you to see or think about it…so don’t tolerate any of it! Ps- YOU ARE THAT 4yr OLDS MAMA…DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL IS RIGHT WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT OR WHO YOU ALLOW IN YOUR BABY’S LIFE! NO MEANS NO IF THATS WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST!!

Either they have done stuff before and she’s trying to get him back or she’s trying to get him to do some inappropriate things and he probably doesn’t know what to do.

He needs to call her out and he needs to tell her he feels uncomfortable. Unfortunately, if you say anything she will try to say you are trying to separate her son from her and she will probably manipulate your husband to think the same.

Have you talked to your husband about this?

It’s insane to me how many people say this is normal or they can relate.

A clingy mom is one thing, this sounds sexual. NOT the same and NOT acceptable at all.

What is your fiance doing about this?

I had a MIL who replaced her lack of husband with her eldest son, my ex-husband. Always needing something, always causing problems, always proving her power over him and her priority over me. THAT is normal. What you are describing is NOT.

Some MILs refuse to accept a daughter in law. They exclude her, they are rude, they belittle her, etc. THAT is not right but very common. Also NOT what you are describing.

I see a HUGE red flag here and not just on her end, but in your SO too. He should have put a stop to this or cut off ties and obviously he hasn’t so I would be concerned about that just as much.

No, you’re not overreacting, no it’s not you. I noticed what you said went over a lot of heads and you’re being attacked but no, don’t back down. Your intuition is sounding off alarms for a reason, this isn’t YOU, this is something is not right and I’m certain psychologist would agree.

Talk to your fiancé but proceed with caution. It’s more common to hear of fathers who have sexually abused their children, but mothers are capable of sexually abusing their children too. He might not even know how to deal with it besides to enable her.

Oh man… some of these MIL’s better be happy they didnt get stuck with me… from day 1 Ive spoken my mind around my in laws, whether good or bad😂 Sheeeeesh I would’ve said something on the spot no hesitation LOL

Doesn’t sound normal to me if what you’re saying actually takes place. I have a f up fam and incest has taken place upon them :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting::face_vomiting: she ain’t just being “protective” by what you’re describing. My man’s sister got upset when he didn’t call her as often…but thaat is Normal…she didn’t go bending over in front of him and etc…after we got engaged she realized he was safe with me and that I was serious about him and backed off about the lack of phone calls…she was just being protective. Something weird going on in mothers brain.

My MIL was similar . She would visit and I Would get up in the night and he would be laying on the couch with her massaging his feet telling him how amazing he is . It was just so uncomfortable . Her teeth would be in a jar in the bathroom … just all over him … like hello am I here ?

1 Like

First of all , I would never act like this towards my son . It just wouldn’t cross my mind to behave remotely like this .
Secondly , even if it was “just what they are used to “ or “ the way they’ve always behaved “ if still does NOT make it acceptable .
Speak to them both individually.
The behaviour is neither appropriate or acceptable.
Let it be known that it will not be tolerated.
You will most likely receive a defensive reaction from MIL , maybe even an angry one but this really ought to be addressed . You wouldn’t want your child growing up to think that this is “normal” behaviour.

So a lot of mothers raise their sons to be the man that they would want and then create an emotional incest with them. This is borderline actual incest. What has your fiancé said about it?

Oedipus complex? Seems like she is craving attention and going to try and get it from someone she feels safe with?:woman_shrugging: definitely crossing boundaries… write your husband a letter with all of your concerns, let him read it and let it sink in. Then both talk to her about it and see if that helps resolve the issue.

I would voice my concerns to the fiancé .

Flat out no, not normal behavior at all. His mom or not, this isn’t normal.

I think the most important thing is his reaction. Have you talked to him? What does he think? What does he do when she does these things?

In no world is that normal to do with someone that is supposed to be your child

Omg… that’s her son, isn’t it? Is she not supposed to love him?

Are you sure that’s his real mom?

1 Like

My Mama is 18 years older then me…. She’s always had a smokin’ hot body and has flaunted it regardless of who is around; she is confident in any clothing ! She’s worn things that make people look for sure! That being said, my Mom has always been the topic of a running joke between us kids. As teenagers, our friends wanted to date her. As adults our friends still comment on the occasional “I could have been your stepdad” joke. It’s just our normal. Mom has always held us around the waist from behind or from the front with a arm around the shoulders when hugging or cuddling us. My brother is 6 years younger than I am and over 6 feet tall now. She’s not exactly going to hug his neck without him bending down! We are grown and have said several times it’s “strange”, not so much because of how it’s done but personality wise we (her children) are not big “huggers” we’d rather pat your shoulder as we walk by!? It’s not uncomfortable for us because it’s how we grew up, just uncommon for people to see. Her response to both of us is “ I don’t care how old you are; you’ll always be my baby”! That’s just how she was raised and that’s how she raised us :woman_shrugging: She’s a hugger …… so perhaps the dynamics are strange for you but not your hubby? The rest of it; well the alone time isn’t too strange but the way she is going about it is! My mom has always made time for us. As young adults and even older now; She will take us out to lunch or dinner or something fun. Both her kids had moved out of state at some point. So she visited. When I had kids, she always included them but would ask my spouse for a night away. 1) because I needed it & she knew it & 2) because it was the only “quality” conversation time to catch up. Now we all live in the same area and this still happens! She will even go as far as to take all the adult “kids” (spouses included) out telling us to find a sitters sometimes! So really, I guess the only thing that is strange is that she is trying to exclude you and being sneaky/ secretive about it…. That’s sketchy! Talk to your spouse; perhaps this is their normal routine and you are just reading into it!?

Look up emotional incest- what you’re describing seems very similar

That’s strange. Have you talked to your fiancé about this weirdness

Mummy’s boy, she’s jealous of what he has with you, likes too be in control she moved I feel in hope that he will need him.
Don’t let her call your child child her bby as believe me she’s trying too do the same too your child as she had your partner, talk too your partner he probably won’t see it as he’s used too it xx

5 years of dealing with this is way to long…you took her loverboy sounds like! Incest is a think!

Listen it could be your imagination :woman_shrugging:t4: but ummm anything possible……she seems a lot off the rocker and wants to just be annoying and try to prove to you who in charge :eyes::eyes: have sympathy but also say hey back off granny! :v::blush:

Wierd. I don’t dress inappropriately, but I wear cleavage (my boobs are huge… it’s hard not to unless I’m in a moo-moo), I wrap my arms around my grown son and kiss him all the time. I send him a message once a week and check on him and his gf of almost 2 years. And often times, I include heart emojis. With both my boys being grown and out of the house, I do find myself craving alone time. I miss them. We are close. We have an amazing and healthy relationship. The weird thing is…. I’m not a pedophile and I sure as hell do NOT have romantic feelings for either of my sons. Y’all need to realize that we all grew up with different family dynamics. In my home, we were always extremely loving and affectionate toward one another. And it was the same in my home while raising my boys. You don’t understand it because that’s not the culture you were raised in. As for me and MY boys, we do understand it and it’s completely normal.
Get over yourselves with the pedophile/incest shit.

Coming from someone who’s dating a mama’s boy… that’s weird and unacceptable behavior…

Emotional incest is weird and definitely creates environments where lines are blurred

Nah nothing to worry about! Are you kidding you had to ask for advice and post a visual comment? So what does your fiancé says what’s whispered in his ear “ oh wait mil told him not to say anything” you’ll know if your fiancé is solid in your relationship should they happen to be out of ear and eyes reach alone!

My real question is why not approach your s/o with this as soon as you realized it was an issue? The fact that you haven’t brought this up to your s/o and mil is a huge issue in itself. If you aren’t comfortable enough to share any feelings you have with him, no matter how crazy they seem then you shouldn’t be getting married. Honesty and open communication are what healthy relationships are built from. To me it sounds like this has always be your mil behavior and he’s used to it or tolerates it so she will be a part of his life. There is no telling what she possibly put him through as a child. Maybe she was absent, or have conditions for anything nice she did for him when he was growing up. From having an extremely over bearing mother I can truthfully say you do not say no to your mom because you know if you do she will start crying and making you feel bad for being honest. If that last one is the case your s/o may need counseling to help him assert himself and set boundaries with her.

Curious if this is something that’s been going on for the entire 5 years or something that has recently occurred?

1 Like

Are you sure that is his mom ???

Does your fiancé find it weird? If so, why doesn’t he say something to her?