My spouse complains about being hungry but will not eat what I make: Advice?

Find out what he does and doesn’t like, my husband was such a picky eater initially. I would make traditional Mexican dishes and he wouldn’t eat it or pick at it. Found out later he hates certain vegetables and bellpepper which is the strongest tasting veggie…his most disliked. I had to cook separate meals for us since I grew up loving veggies and flavorful food. 20 years later he finally eats my cooking without asking whats in it but when he watches me put veggies in I tell him to look away :woozy_face:. Mama’s please incorporate veggies and flavors, if you’re making them hotdogs wrapped in a tortilla or tomatoe soups with cheese toast for dinner you’re creating a future problem.

4 Likes

Well don’t worry about him just make for you and your son let him feed himself. Ignore thr complaints

Have you asked him what he wants you to cook? He’s probably picky and you aren’t making things he likes. I would have him give you a list of things he would want to eat. If he won’t do that, sorry dude. Starve lol

1 Like

Well either you can’t cook or he’s a grown child

2 Likes

This looks like it was written about a spoilt stroppy 6 year old boy…why are you even catering to him to that degree?

3 Likes

Dana, best idea! Works well!

1 Like

You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.

3 Likes

That’s when you say F it. Don’t eat then. Let him starve he’ll figure it out

1 Like

Let him say it and say ok. Then dont cook for him. You’re not his mother and he’s a grown man.

1 Like

Tell him go back to mommy

4 Likes

don’t do shit for him if he can’t appreciate the work you do!

He sounds like my toddler who is 3 and that’s saying something :rofl:

1 Like

You just have to go ape shit one day. Now he eats whatever I make or goes to get himself something.

He would be waking up to divorce papers. To hell with that. Nah this momma isn’t gonna play your crap.

3 Likes

Let him take care of himself, he’s a grown man.

Nope, he’s grown and can fix his own food. It sounds like he is manipulating you. If he’s hungry, he can take care of it.

I just made the food to my liking . Nd fck it if he complains now might as well make it so ONE of you likes it. That what I did till he complained about the spicyness that’s it too hot (I like my food crazy spicy nd he doesn’t bt does like spicy) nd once I stop making it too spicy magically the food starti tastings great :smiley:

If he can’t talk to you like a grown man so you can figure it out then tell him to defend for himself. When he complains tell him you don’t want to hear it.

My ex was SUPER picky. He wouldn’t eat any meat except ham, drumstick, or chicken fingers. And he was 40 years old.
So I feel your pain! But once I asked what he liked he would tell me and if he didn’t like what I cooked he would go to the restaurant down the street to eat. Didn’t hurt my feelings any at all!

Ask him why he won’t eat your cooking? Do you use a seasoning he might not like or like my husband does he hate red sauce and all you cook is Italian :laughing: I would have a honest conversation no feelings involved about what’s missing here. If he continues to just not want the food then whatever focus on you and your boy. I started making my son adorable bento box meals my husband got jealous I offered to make him them to and he had every excuse in the book why it wouldn’t suit his needs so I continued making my sons food and now he steals the pre prep from the fridge :laughing: guys are just weird I wouldn’t argue about food with him unless he’s hurting you guy financially. That’s where we hit a few snags my husband believed he needed to eat steak at least weekly. Then asked where all our money goes…. Let’s just say he had to grocery shop for a month and got real humble real quick.

2 Likes

Sounds like a child not a man lol

1 Like

Maybe you need to learn how to cook? :joy:

Ope I guess you’re gunna starve then :woman_shrugging: go move back in with your momma

2 Likes

He’s a grown man. If he doesn’t like your cooking or what you make, that’s on him. You don’t cater to a grown man who can make his own food. From this point on, I’d only be cooking for my son & myself :woman_shrugging:t4: & when he complains about being hungry you can tell him “you know where the food & dishes are. I don’t want to hear it” not trying to be petty but I sure wouldn’t listen to someone complaining about being hungry if I was making enough food for all of us.

10 Likes

Sorry to be blunt but sounds like he doesn’t like your cooking.

2 Likes

well tell the big baby to cook for himself then.

2 Likes

Honestly sounds like he doesn’t prefer your cooking. I’d ask him why he won’t eat your food? Is he a picky eater? I know I struggle eating others foods because I have food aversion.

2 Likes

Maybe he thinks you are trying to poison him :laughing:. JK I’d ask him, do you have a preference for dinner/breakfast or whatever meal it is, if no- then ask “how does this sound”. If he doesn’t offer an opinion, then like he said- Worry about you and your son. He’ll get sick of frozen biscuits eventually. lol

2 Likes

If I’m making the meals, I’m making what I want to make. Especially when I ask what everyone wants for the week and I can’t get any answers, I do what I want. If they don’t like it they can start making the meals or just make something else for themselves. People have a lot of nerve to complain about what’s for dinner, when someone else is going thru the trouble of making it for their ungrateful ass!

1 Like

HE’S A GROWN ASS MAN :tipping_hand_woman:t3: tell him to make his own shit if that’s how he’s gonna act

Tell him to fix his own

3 Likes

Tell him you’re not his mother. Eat what’s made or fend for himself.

7 Likes

He’s a grown man put your Big girl pants on and let him starve

7 Likes

SO… how bad is your cooking?

:joy: is this for real?! He’s a whole grown human… he can’t feed himself?! Stop cooking for him…

2 Likes

He does not like your food

1 Like

Yep that’s me. My poor husband. You don’t do anything about it don’t fight , if he is that hungry let him cook for himself :woman_shrugging: or maybe talk to him and meal plan a couple days in advance.

3 Likes

If he won’t eat what you cook respond with I cooked you wouldn’t eat don’t complain your hungry kitchen is that way

3 Likes

He’s a grown ass man, if he doesn’t like what you cook tell him to feed his damn self and get the hell over it.

How many times have you let this cycle repeat tho
My husband will crunch on my undercooked pasta and tell me its delicious :woman_shrugging: (even tho I know hes full of sh!t lol)

Let him be hungry. :woman_shrugging:t2: He clearly knows how to make something for himself, so let him do it. Simple

4 Likes

Sounds like you have toddler… give him back to his momma

17 Likes

He can eat what you cook or make himself something if he doesn’t want that. I wouldn’t worry about it. He’s not an infant

5 Likes

Unless you married a child
He will find something when he gets hungry enough

3 Likes

He either eats somewhere else, or his tasting palate sucks because he probably only ate a very small variety of food growing up, so he dislikes everything else. Either way, tell him to eat what you make or starve. :nail_care::laughing:

3 Likes

It doesn’t sound he is asking you to cook. He is saying he is hungry. He tells you to worry about you and your son. he makes his own food. What are you complaining about? By the way are you a bad cook?

1 Like

As a Relationship/Communication Counselor I highly recommend getting in touch with a counselor. He/She will teach you Communication skills so the questions either asks will be answered honestly and fully with no hard feelings. Until then or incase he doesn’t agree to do that ask him to tell you the types of food he enjoys eating and any requests he has for the way its cooked. Then make a menu including some days of what he wants and other days the normal foods you cook. Also ask him if he would prefer lighter foods, like breakfast for dinner, spicier foods, more meat meals, more chicken meals or fish meals. Ask him if you work to make more of what he wants will he work with you to enjoy what you make.
If it’s infront of your children he is teaching them that you are running a restaurant and making something different for each. Sometimes feed the children earlier and then you and SO can eat what you want without the kids wanting different. I hope the two of you find peace at the dinner table.

2 Likes

Sounds like an eating disorder… Does he struggle with anxiety?

2 Likes

Talk to his mother and see if he was always this picky. Let him shop for his own food and cook it for himself. You can cook for your child and yourself.

3 Likes

He won’t starve to death! Show him where the kitchen is.

2 Likes

Let him cook for himself…he needs to appreciate your cooking

3 Likes

Awe. He would get along great with my 7 year old.

The answer is obvious. Make frozen sausage biscuits. Do I have to do all your thinking for you?

8 Likes

get him a list of things he wants for tea when go food shopping or take ur older baby man and he can show

You are stupid. . . To even have to ask this question.

Let him do his own cooking!

3 Likes

I would not make him another meal for him.

3 Likes

Clearly he doesn’t like your cooking… he is an adult and can fend for himself

3 Likes

Send him packing! Very Rude and Immature! BooHoo I’m hungry! :sleepy:

Just cook for you and your child. If he doesn’t want to eat that’s his problem.

2 Likes

Lmao. Eat it, or starve. Congratulations, you’re raising a man child.

6 Likes

Tell him he knows were the kitchen is lazy sod

2 Likes

WTF are sausage biscuits?

2 Likes

Make weekly meal plans together and see what he comes up with.

Sometimes hubby and I plan our meals together or I just cook what I want and he eats it

4 Likes

He gave you the advice…worry about cooking for you and the kid and let him eat whatever crap he wants

9 Likes

Maybe learn to cook :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

1 Like

Is this for real? Tell him to cook himself food then.

3 Likes

he is acting like an asshat for sure, spoiled as well he wont starve

Dang the comment section :skull::skull:

It’s possible he has an unrecognized eating disorder…

My grandsons father lived in my house for a while & I would make dinner every night. My daughter worked nights, so I would make sure he got a plate every evening.
He would take a few bites & get stomach cramps & stop eating.
Later in the evening, he would “sneak” a plain peanut butter sandwich & a bottle of water & scarf it down like he was starving…
After a couple times, I came right out & asked him if my food was that terrible :upside_down_face:

He broke down & told me that when he was younger he & his brother would only get very small plates of food for dinner. Then his kitchen would be LOCKED -fridge & cabinets- & the only thing they were allowed was 4 slices of bread each, a small jar of peanut butter, and water.

It went on so long, that he literally could not eat 3 regular sized meals in a day or he was sick all night. He was very skinny, very sickly & always hungry :sob::broken_heart: despite being an adult with full access to any food he wanted.

Tread lightly. But dig deeper. Things aren’t always what they seem.

11 Likes

Eh, sounds exhausting! Do exactly as he says, worry about you and your child … He won’t starve to death.

4 Likes

Tell him that this is what you are making for dinner and if he wants someone else he can buy and prepare it himself for everyone. Selfish twat! And come on, you’re telling me that he never mentioned his ‘tragic back story’ to your daughter before?

1 Like

oh hell no id take son out to eat n let him cook for him self

5 Likes

She might know how to cook. Maybe he wasn’t raised on cooked meals just junk food . Who knows he’s old enough to take care of his self . Cook for you and your child .

3 Likes

Let him cook his own, he is try to make you feel guilty, if he can’t tell you what he wants, its a controll thing, starting

1 Like

Literally stop making food for him when you feed you and your son and he complains say there’s food here and nothing more if he is truly hungry he’ll eat if not then he won’t

4 Likes

He can fix it himself

1 Like

My husband did this too. Stating the same. He is depressed. I know it sounds crazy but he doesn’t want caring for. Ask him why he is feeling this way. He is obviously not hungry or he would eat what you prepare and say thank you as well. He’s not feeling a part of the family for some reason. Find the reason. He is feeling separated from you and y’all’s child. Ask him why. Trust me. He’s depressed. I gave my husband after he had been diagnosed with low vitamin D3. 2 a day. He was suicidal. Talking about killing himself. So I gave him this for 2 weeks and he started to stop talking this way and stopped talking about suicide. Talk to a Dr about this and his behaviors. Get a Vitamin Panel to see where he’s deficient. Several vitamin deficiencies can cause depression.

2 Likes

Tell him he is a grown ass man and knows where kitchen is if he doesn’t like your food. Sounds like he thinks he supposed to have fast food which is unhealthy.

Tell him to fix his own food. He’s grown.

2 Likes

I never believed trading binary was real until I successfully made my withdrawal yesterday…
I don’t want to benefit alone, click the name below to check out this platform
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

Take his advice, just cook for your son if he wants to be an ass.

You can’t cook, honey :woman_shrugging:

Sounds like drama. I wouldn’t cook for him at all then! Don’t blame yourself. You’re doing great.

2 Likes

Stop cooking for him

1 Like

Guess he can just make his own food then

tell him to move back home and have his mommy service him in the way he’s accustomed to, and not to worry about you and your son

1. Thank you so much Mrs Olgusya Gribova this was the reason why I keep reinvesting with you again. I am so grateful for his expert trading skills and way of earning legitimately money during my trading season. It was a blast, a perfect wake boat appeared, as dividends for his expert trading skills. I’m impressed. I will keep investing with you… I also urge you to read this to invest with the lady. It doesn’t cost much but for a better life… My new wake up call :gift_heart: :male_sign: :gift_heart:
    Redirecting...

Maybe he just doesn’t like your cooking🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Someone done this to me after years of eating my food, it started with good, then everything… come to find out he had another woman, so think it was in some way for him to feel less guilty :woman_shrugging:t3:

Fortunately my hubby isn’t fussy but if he was I’d cook 3 days a week and let him cook another 3 days (he could take me out on Sunday)

So, “Worry about you and our (your) son”. Easy Peezy!

1 Like

Obviously he hates your cooking so why do you keep doing it and wasting food….you’re the silly one. Stop it​:stop_sign: :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

It’s called make your own food then.

Buy him a mcdonald’s gift card and tell that fool adios

2 Likes

LOL what’s the Question?

Could be anything but I certainly wouldn’t worry about it. My hubby is a super picky eater. He only likes food exactly the way his mother made it.
I busted my butt learning the recipes and he was still picky and then asked an Auntie to cook extra for him every day so he could have it for lunch. He pays her weekly. When asked he said he had to have good food at least once a day. I have not cooked for him in 3 years. He is now trying to teach himself how to cook.

Background info. Everyone else says I am a great cook. People ask me to cook for events. My husband is a vegetarian and prefers Indian food.
Our marriage is a generally Hapoy one.

Ask him what he wants to eat :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He’d be cooking his own damn food‼️

1 Like

Ask him what he likes to eat if that doesn’t work stop cooking for him. Maybe someone else is cooking for him???