My spouse doesn't want to be seen with me: Advice?

Stop sleeping with him for one and two let your daughter go to her birthday party. Co-parenting is about putting the kid first not being seen in public together or planning parties together. Kid comes first all the time. Plan your own party for her and take back some of your pride and dignity. Based on what you wrote in your post that man is not in a relationship with you but with someone else. However yall came to have a baby together, its time for childish things to stop. Let him be a dad, you be a mom and move forward.

2 Likes

get out of this relationship now . it will be hard but you will be stronger for it . let her see her dad always . when you hit rock bottom there is only one way and that is up . never let someone put you down .stay strong reach for help if you need do not be ashamed of that. Be worthy of yourself stop sleeping with him . hope everything works out you deserve so much better xx

Spouse but then they aren’t really a couple? Of course he doesn’t want to be seen with her, he is cheating on someone with her. Please, know you’re worth!!!

2 Likes

Sorry, lady. You’re a fool to stay with him. Been there, done that. The man I married , after leaving him,really loved me and my kids and we had 35 happy years til I lost him to cancer .

2 Likes

Dump him and move on. There is a good man out there who will appreciate you and your baby. Celebrate that you are rid of him.

2 Likes

Keeping your daughter from a birthday party for her because of the issues and animosity between you two is not a good idea (just my opinion NOT judging I don’t know the whole story obviously)

1 Like

First of all you should stop sleeping with him. Keep your relationship strictly about your children, nothing more nothing less. Move on from him, find yourself and allow yourself to enjoy your children on your own. Don’t let someone bring you down, if he’s ashamed of you, that’s on him. His loss your gain. Let him take her for the party and then plan her another party BY YOUR OWN. He’s clearly not interested if he’s seeing someon else, sleeping with you aswell and hiding you. Move on for your own good honey.

1 Like

It seems as if there’s more to this story but it doesn’t seem as if he’s hiding his daughter or denying her. I get that it hurts you but love yourself enough to walk away, find someone who would be proud to tell the world about you. In the meantime, let your daughter have her dad.

1 Like

It sucks but don’t use ur kid as a weapon. Your not together which means you can’t control what he does… I get it, it hurts I understand but don’t make the child suffer because he hurt your feelings

1 Like

If he is seeing someone else, WHY on earth are you still sleeping together? You have basically given him permission to disrespect you

2 Likes

Don’t use your daughter to get back at him, its not her fault and she loves her dad. You need to make decisions that affect you not her. Using her as a symbol of your spiteful intension is simply wrong.

Wher you and the dad is concerned, you both need to communicate.

Never be anyone’s second choice. With that being said, I realize you are hurt but you’re daughter doesn’t understand. So be the bigger person and don’t keep her from him. That will just create more problems for everyone down the line. People always use their kids as weapons, so don’t let your hurt keep her from her dad. Breakups are never easy but she needs to know you did the right thing by not keeping her from him. Time will fix your heart but she won’t understand why her father wasn’t around :broken_heart: and she may end up resenting you for it in the the long run.

1 Like

Girl do your own thing with your child … do you really want your daughter to think thats the way women should be treated … sounds like a real asshat :thinking:

1 Like

Not being smart here you had right spend more time getting to know the kind of man he was than getting into bed and having baby with him. He has no respect for you only using you for sex sadly. Move right on.

1 Like

The baby is one! She will never remember that birthday anyway. That party is more for the adults. Let her go to dads party, have something yourself and move on with your life. Dump him for sure.

1 Like

Not petty at all. It’s your child’s first birthday. Make your own traditions

1 Like

Leave him. This happened to me and it was because he was cheating and had another life/family! He’s not worth it! I’m so sorry this is happening to you

I have my grandson his mom dropped him off to me when he was 12 I still try to include her but she never answers and it hurts him he’s only 14

1 Like

Your daughter is 1 she won’t even know what a party is or if there is a party. Focus on getting counseling to decide what you want to do about being in a relationship with a man who is cheating.

1 Like

Deb Evanson I have to agree with you … this other woman has not stayed up most of the night when she was sick or changed one diaper full of :poop: also how many snotty little noses has she wiped not to mention all the Peugeot throw-up all over … noooo way would I allow the child go without me …. If he insists I would do a self invite or she goes no where !!! Call it killing 2 birds :eagle: with one stone … baby gets the birthday party that you didn’t have to plan … #2 who ever attends the party sees what kind of crap those 2 pulled /people they are and but make sure you talk about him a lot just as you had thought you were together … things like he loves feeding her,hates the diaper change,dressed her so cute … she goes to sleep fast for him …on n on n on :joy:… she goes you go or it’s a no go !!!

1 Like

Baby I would be at that bday party regardless yall crazy saying she should just let him come get her and just plan something separate and what?not invite him to that that partu??? That’s gonna start a cycle that’ll be so confusing for the child. They need to both grow up and either get a custody agreement going or learn to healthily coparent

Best advice is to walk away it might be hard but if it’s like this now doing this you don’t need his ass in your life! Someone else is just waiting around a corner to meet you and love you. The sad thing about this is that you are more worried that he doesn’t want to be seen with you than the fact he is seeing someone else. Pull up your pants mamma and walk away. It will be the best thing you ever do for yourself and your daughter.

Let her go. He will dig his own hole by disrespecting you as she gets older. You don’t want to be the one that puts distance between them, you want his own actions to.

Also stop fucking the man.

Set firm boundaries and stop sleeping with him. Once parents are separated they tend to have their children without the other parent and plan their bday parties separately. (Sometimes parents are able to celebrate with one party together).
Stop caring about what he thinks … you are not together for a reason. He’s using you for sex. Stop

He is disrespecting his daughter by treating her mother the way he is,
In saying that I would let my child go to the party
I would have a party for her with you and your friends and family and I wouldn’t let him anywhere near you again
Big hugs and lots of love it’s so hard when you care for someone xxx

Does he not want to be seen with you bc he doesn’t want people to know he has a wife, and second of all should your child be exposed to this other women

1 Like

Coming from someone who split with her first childs father, we never celebrated our kid together at all once we were separated. I made our kid and birthday party and his dad and his stepmom made him another. We never did ANYTHING together after we separated and that was ok with me because I didnt need his dad with me to be a mom. My child knew he had 2 loving parents just not towards each other. My kid is now 18 and his dad and I still do not talk to each other. But for 9 years we didnt do anything together. My kid always had 2 days, 2 holidaysand well you get it.

You need to find your worth ! So he is not with you ? Because he is seeing other women ? Or do you have an open relationship? I am not sure … so if not stop sleeping with him it makes it to complicated ad don’t ever sleep with anyone who can’t respect you ! Let him go do his life … and please go do yours !!!

Yep this is a hard one you Both had children so he was good with you then . So really he need to show the same respect now :two_hearts:

He is only using you for Sex. He is a waster. Tell him 2 bugger off as far as he can go. He will more than likely do the same to his new lady and to any other lady he meets along the way.

1 Like

This is where many women make mistakes. I am assuming you all weren’t exclusive? You cannot do this to yourself. When you make yourself too sexually available you end up getting hurt in the process. You need to keep your head high and just let your daughter go. Coparent. Now that you see what he is doing then I hope you open your eyes that on to the next you go.

Heal your childhood trauma, love. As adults we tend to play out these situations that we haven’t healed from our childhood. Have you ever felt abandoned? Physically or emotionally? I would suggest talking with someone, stop seeing him, allow your daughter to have a relationship with him and move on with your life. You deserve happiness. Heal your traumas and take your power back. Try seeking out a counselor and therapist that feels right to you. If you find one you don’t have a good fit with keep searching until you feel comfortable and things start to resonate. Until you feel happier and healthier emotionally and mentally.

Honey I was in that same position for 15 years. Just to find out everyone else thought he was single and looking for “the one” Don’t stay hidden. It’s not worth it. It damages the child to see that kind of toxic love.

1 Like

You didn’t mention why he is ashamed to be seen with you or whether your are actually married or just share a child. Number one, I would not be sleeping with him under no circumstances if he is in a relationship with another woman. Number two, if you are married or not you need to take some legal action regarding the custody of your child and his financial support for her. He sounds unpredictable so who knows what he will do in the future. Number three, move on and shut off all contact with him unless it pertains to your daughter. He is using you with no respect for you. Only you can change this behavior. Best wishes. Take control and regain your self respect.

Three words, clean his clock.Then become the best mom you can!! Not only is he fooling around on you, he’s doing the same thing to another human being, and who knows after that…you have every reason to be upset, anytime a child is taken anywhere, especially when one or the other parent is deliberately excluded from other plans. It’s not a matter of right/wrong, but apparently a understanding has been broken. How many other things has he been dishonest about. Nope I would have to be introduced to this lady. Although he’s her dad and deserves to be treated with respect, so do you. I, as selfish as I sound I would be livid, then hurt later. Please, do not allow him to disrespect you, through your little girl, because she might grow up thinking that this is ok to be treated like this. It’s going to hurt like hell I get it… Please, don’t ever think you aren’t worthy of someone else that will be proud to take you anywhere including your little girl :heart::heart::heart:

He’s not hinting, he’s SHOUTING. He planned a party with the WOMAN HE IS SEEING. Do not expect him to do anything with you. However, this IS his child too. Allow the child to have equal time including parties with her dad. Don’t expect this man to go anywhere with you. It’s over.

Sweetheart cut this man out of your life don’t waste another day wishing he would change. If he wants to be with you he would make the time for you . If he is seeing another woman she is his priority evidently. Love yourself enough to not put up with his disrespect you are

He’s a loser, move on. Use your brain and learn to feel better about yourself before you get into another relationship. You don’t want your child to end up in the same predicament.
Good Luck

1 Like

Your baby is only a year old. She needs to be with her mother, not a bunch of strangers. I would plan something special during the time of the party. Just take her and go to the zoo, don’t be there when he thinks he is going to pick her up.

I’m confused…you know he’s been seeing another woman but you’ve still been sleeping with him in private? That’s your first problem….you gotta have more self-respect than that, girl. It sounds like it’s getting kind of serious with this woman if they planned your daughters party together so perhaps this is a sign that it’s time for YOU to quit HIM and truly move on….just because y’all had a child together, doesn’t mean you’re soulmates. You need to establish boundaries (aka stop sleeping together) if you ever wanna get over these feelings.

Secondly, your feelings about the situation are not reason enough to deprive her of a birthday party being thrown in her honor. That is beyond just being petty. You should consider letting her go, for her own sake, and handle your feelings separately.

Just my two cents :woman_shrugging:t2:

This is not a relationship hun, this is just an unfortunate situation where you chose a man with no respect for you to be the father of your child and obviously had pre-conceived notions of creating a relationship once you created a baby. If he had respect for you or any concern for your feelings he would converse with you on these things and not allow shame to steal the opportunity to share special moments like this regardless of the dynamic between you two. It’s about creating memories for your daughter to look back on and cherish, if he can’t be seen with you obviously something is going on and whether it’s with him or with you either way that ship has sailed so celebrate your daughter and focus on her and your self worth.

I’m going camping with my ex his girlfriend and all our children I would rather get along then not xx u really need to speak to him about this hun it’s not nice for the baby’XX

Wait so his your spouse but his seeing someone else ?

Are you the other woman or is she?

Either way move from your relationship it obviously isn’t working however don’t keep your daughter from her father

I say since the child is just turning one to have your party and spend the day with the baby and not let her go to his ‘party’…Let him know you will not be treated that way - and, then say goodbye to him…!

Accompany your daughter to the party as it’s being thrown in her honor. Enjoy this special time then leave. When you arrive home the locksmith should be their to change all locks. Enjoy the rest of your time and your daughters. Take it from someone in the know it’s not worth the grief or trauma to act petulant. Run and don’t look back!

Ok I’ve read several of the responses here. You all tell her not to use her child to take revenge on him and more along that line. You all must be reading something I’m not because not once did she say or imply that was the case.

I’m confused, you said spouse? if your still sleeping with him but he’s seeing another woman are you together or not? Any man your with should not be ashamed to be with you, he should love you & want to show you off to everybody & If he’s with another woman then he obviously is loosing interest in you. Not your fault, but if you are still together, & or want to try to make it work, he can’t be with another woman & he shouldn’t be ashamed of you, he should be happy to be with you, by yourself & around others. If he doesn’t want to love you unconditionally & is ashamed of you for whatever reason you should not give him any more of your time. Try to work out some arrangement where you can both share custody of your daughter for her sake, & move on. Let him live his life & have his time with your daughter & you do the same, & hopefully you will find the right man for you, who will love you unconditionally & give you everything you want in a relationship & who’ll want to show you off to all his mates & be happy to do so.

Let your daughter go to her birthday party with her dad. You don’t ever want to use your child as a pawn because your feelings are hurt, because it will definitely come back on you when she is older. First, quit sleeping with him. If it wanted to be with you he would be happy to show you off. Second, be the better parent. Set up times for visits now, while she is young, and try not to include yourself in the visits. And last, go on with your life, be happy, get into something you enjoy while she is visiting so your not lonely. Just smile, be happy without him and live for your daughter and yourself. What great revenge that is. Be careful who you allow in your childs life and just take your time finding someone. You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else. I wish you the best of luck😉

And you are still sleeping with him, why??? Let your child go to the party, throw up some walls and boundaries for this guy–and find someone who won’t use you for his back room rendezvous. Problem solved.

This post is a bit hard to advise on. Are you separated if so you need to move on he has every right not to include you hold your own party.

Are you together if so kick his sorry a@s to the kerb.

If his with another women in a relationship and your both sleeping with him go to the dr for a check up. And shame in you. Fool you once Shame on him fool you twice shame on you…
If he doesnt want you in public why give him your body in private.
As for your child well she didn’t ask to be born into both of your abnormal behaviour.

I think you’ve got it wrong I think he’s hiding something divorce him this does not sound good and you don’t deserve it no one does

1 Like

Bruh. If he didn’t want to be seen with you, then the two of you should never have been married in the first place.

1 Like

If y’all aren’t together then why does he need to invite you? If you want to celebrate your daughter have your own party or celebration. Sounds like he’s made things very clear maybe you misunderstood them. Always put your child above any ill feelings you have towards the father, your kid will thank you in the future.

Wait you said spouse and near that same breath you said woman he’s been seeing and than you said we have been sleeping together?? Are you hearing yourself?? Girl if that’s the truth than you just need to let him go, take his ass to court for child support and move on…you deserve more than him ! And please don’t let this go on so your young daughter grows up thinking that this is acceptable behavior…don’t keep doing reruns with your relationships in your future!

Don’t punish your daughter let her have her time with him. Pick yourself up, take him to court for support if you haven’t already and ffs stop sleeping with him and move on. Life is too short for all that. Love yourself

No offense, but it sounds like your in the relationship, he’s not. As time goes on the people we thought we couldn’t live without, then become a memory that makes.us cringe. If he’s seeing someone else, there’s your answer. You and your kids deserve sooo much more.

Let go of him and dedicate your life to you and your daughter. He’s obviously moved on and you cannot force someone to care about you or your child. Be the strong woman your daughter needs you to be. For all intents and purposes you are her role model so do all in your power to be the strong, independent, compassionate and loving woman you and she need you to be. You can do this. You are a warrior and you can do anything you put your mind to.

So, is he committing adultery with this other woman? Have you gotten counseling? Would he be open to marriage counseling with a Christian therapist? If he is committing adultery, I do believe I would divorce him. Don’t stay snd keep being a victim! He is ruining your confidence! Above all, pray for him, for God’s intervention! Ask that if it’s His will, he will change your husband’s attitude toward you. Ask him to help you be more confident. The more and the longer you let him hurt you, the more and longer he will do it! Pray for Jesus to send you His wisdom, strength, and peace to do what is right.

Her not wanting her daughter to go to that party does not mean she’s a bad mom and does not mean she isn’t going to be the kind of mom who uses the child as leverage. Would any of you allow your child to go to a birthday your bf/husband that you’re currently living with and sleeping with planned with his mistress, knowing his mistress might be there? I don’t believe any of you would. The child doesn’t now about the party her dad planned I am assuming. Therefore, that party can be canceled and the mama can continue to plan a party for the little girl and the father can come without the mistress. Point blank period. No more to be said. As for the situation as a whole. Is definitely leave that man as he is not worthy of you. He’s her father and that fact will remain however, he’s definitely proven to be a terrible partner. I’d re-evaluate your standards and put your foot down. I’m sure you’re a beautiful lovely woman and an amazing mom and you do not deserve to hurt like this.

1 Like

He has a girlfriend right? It sounds like you both need to figure what the status of your relationship is or just move on. I know it is hard to let go especially because you said you don’t have a lot of friends and family but don’t hang on just because it is comfortable either. I promise their is someone out there that will treat you and your daughter the way that you deserve. It will be hard at first but sometimes you need to take the first step to stop the cycle.

And yeah dont have your daughter in 5he middle. But you need to sat an example to her she sees him doing that to you she is going to think its ok show her how to be a strang women and its not ok for a man ANY man to treat you badly. She should see her mother with a man that loves you. And appreciates you. And know thats how a good man acts. And the dad will have to answer for his self.

Get back to my “spouse” doesn’t want to be seen with me, but is seeing another woman. Nope

2 Likes

At one point he’s the “spouse” and another he’s the “child’s father.” I know the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive but I think the answer differs depending on which he is. If he’s a spouse then you need a serious conversation about what you both want out of the relationship moving forward. If he’s completely over you and just wants to be friends, then as a couple you have to decide if you want to stay together for the kid but do what you want in your private lives, or get a divorce. If he’s just the kids father it’s a lot easier. Sounds like he’s not interested so just get the custody situation litigated or worked out and move on.

Well God loves you you know that sounds like my wife Mainland or in the hospital needing all kind of help I can get in here off babysitting their grandchildren I don’t believe he will read what it says in the Bible about the vows of marriage forsaking all others I’ll just leave it at that you’ll be okay it’ll work out

Wow I’m so sorry for you. Hugs. If you don’t have a court order for where the child is when. And you live apart. Then when he comes to pick her up don’t be there. Have a party for her someplace else. And see an judge soon. And get some therapy. You need a crash course in love thyself. Straighten your backbone. And do not think why is he behaving this way. The thing that matters is he is choosing to disrespect you your home your body and your child. He can have a party for her when everything is legal. My ex was sadistic but he does respect the law.

Some things doesn’t add up,seriously he has the guts to plan a birthday party for your 1year old daughter and he expects the kid to be there without you!!!..and so he thinks that woman hes seeing is a better mum to your daughter than you the real mum,…as a mum be protective to your child, plan your own birthday party for your daughter, do you ,your family members to be present be happy…watch him from a far distance, if possible get custody of your daughter…watch him mess as much as he can,and when he realizes his mistakes tell him to finish what he started,…

Are you still living together? Maybe he told the other women that he isn’t with you anymore. You did the right thing to not let her go to the party. You should have a party for her at your house. Or take her and her friends somewhere she enjoys going. My daughter enjoyed going somewhere with her friends on her birthday. Dump him. It’s not you it’s him. Don’t let him in your Bed…!!!

The child is one.1! She won’t suffer by not going to baby-daddy’s party. Keep her home with you, kick the bum out if your bed. Not too hard to figure this one out, mama.

You aren’t petty. You can’t change him. You can protect yourself and your daughter from further abuse from this man. Do what you need to do to be safe!

Just because you are hurt doesn’t mean you get to take it out on your daughter. I have issues with my ex husband but when it comes to our son, I have NEVER and WOULD NEVER tell my son he can’t see his father. All that should matter to you is the fact that your child’s father wants to be in the child’s life and is planning parties for her. He doesn’t have to be with you or around you to be a father to his daughter… I guess no one ever told you that. Move on sis!

I would say to him that as you have planned a party with the woman your seeing.i think that it is best that we go out separate ways. Ok you may live him but he doesnt love you because of seeing someone else. Now I would say you can have access to her . Etc but due to how things are i am.not prepared to do your washing your cooking etc etc .so either you move out or we do .i would send a letter with a photo of you and your daughter to the said grandparents and explain your situations as it is said on here.

You taught him treat you badly. Celebrate your daughters bday with or without him and get a divorce!

1 Like

Leave him alone and move on to someone who will want to be with you. You didn’t get invited because he was with the other woman who he is seeing. And if you two are still intimate then he definitely didn’t want you both together at the same event. He’s protecting himself. Let him be a father to your child but you need to be done with him on an intimate level.

I say no to being around girlfriends. They come and go and this is hard for children to understand. Father and daughter time is good without someone else involved. Kick the no good to the curb and have your own bday party. If he wants to come come alone !

Ugh he sounds like the worst. Please love yourself as your daughter’s mom and find a spouse who adores you both. Something eye opening to me was seeing myself through my kids’ eyes. They always pointed out the most beautiful girl in a show or magazine and said “that’s how you look mommy.” Your kids see you as the ultimate worth… so see it too. :purple_heart:

I don’t think it’s petty. You are the mother of his child and obviously still together he shouldn’t make you feel like this. Have you told him he makes you feel this way?

Why are u with him? Better to raise you’re daughter alone than as a family in an unhappy relationship. Focus on you and you’re baby

1 Like

Are you a dirty dishrag? You’re acting like one. What you have is not a decent relationship. Declare his as father. Go to court get child support. You and him are finished.

WTF are you for real?? He has a GF and you are still with him? Time to walk with your daughter you don’t need to put up with that shit! Stand up for yourself and kick him to the curb!! Your daughter doesn’t need to see this or live in that toxic environment.

Quit sleeping with him. Quit deluding yourself that you have a friendship. Friends don’t treat people disrespectfully. Do what you need to do legally to make sure you get proper child support. If you are married, get a divorce. People treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Respect yourself. Ask for what you want. Set appropriate boundaries.
Your daughter deserves better. So do you.

Pack his things, and change the locks. Start a life for yourself. Stop being his caretaker. Does his girlfriend like the way you wash and iron his clothes for him. Pick yourself up off the doormat. Get an education, a job. Let daddy watch the baby.

Your spouse needs to grow up. I’d plan a party and not invite him

Why are you sleeping with someone who as moved on. He is not ashamed of you, he doesn’t respect you.

File for child support, a parenting plan and counseling for your misplaced obsession and expectations.

Lose.him. But when it has to.do with the child you share,.treat him the way you would like to be treated. Do that for the child

Leave him, stop associating with him. The reason he’s keeping you out of the loop is because he’s having affairs. Not just one woman he’s a player and you and your daughter are better off without him. Next he will start gaslighting you and telling bizarre stories about you even to your friends and they’ll believe him since he’s keeping you isolated from everyone. Run as quick and as far as you
can. I don’t know you but I know how this story goes.

Have your own celebration & exclude him…also start making an EXIT plan with your child & say nothing to him or anyone else about it…

2 Likes

It’s unlikely his “embarrassment” is anything to do with you. He’s likely projecting because he knows what he’s been doing is wrong.
Making it your fault
If he’s actively saying things an doing things that make you feel like you’re the problem, that’s called gaslighting.
Get some help for yourself. It can be very hard to get out from under that rock on your own.

Sounds like he isn’t a good father if he can disrespect the mother and expose the daughter to a woman he is seeing…that woman should never replace the mom…what is the daughter learning from this…the father is double dipping …and I bet he should have kept his thing in his pants…cuz he is actually being disrecpectful to both …he got alot of nerve to string the mother along …if he didn’t want to be with her …then he should have cut all ties with her…and then move on to another relationship…he sounds narcissist…cuz they dont care who’s feelings get hurt…and they like the drama…its a ego boost…if I was the mother …i would go to that party …and introduce myself …to the other woman…cuz 9 out 10…she is only hearing his side…he probably called her crazy baby mama…and unstable …or whatever …to this other woman… that other woman needs to know the truth …maybe he just doesn’t want to be exposed …cuz he is in the wrong…

Get a good lawyer and move on sister, life’s to short to be trying to figure out what happened and why

First of all why would you want to be with someone that doesn’t want to be with you get over him MoveOn and enjoy your life with your daughter

I feel like everyone is missing the point this birthday is for a 1 year old… lmao that party isn’t really for her, no one year olds gonna remember it :joy::rofl::joy: Ditch the dude romantically and get a lawyer to figure out visitation issues. Find yourself because this situation is toxic and you need to be better for her

Sounds like you both are sleeping around and not being responsible faithful adults and parents. You both are bad bad examples for the kids! Fun parties, dressing up, eating cake and getting gifts are not what life is about, girl. His new woman is probably just as bad! Ugh Vomit!

Omg the baby just turned 1 I would not allow my child to go. Anywhere without. Me. They are not married. Hell no she don’t know this woman, who will really watch this child a stranger. That 's how a lots of kids or killed by stranger you trust your children with. If he’s ashamed of you what makes u feel he is not ashamed of your child. Please protect your baby.

You only get treated like a doormat when you allow yourself to be treated like a doormat. Stop sleeping with this man, have a bit of self respect, sounds like he never promised any commitment and it’s all wishful thinking on your part. It IS VERY petty to use your child as a pawn in your games.

Bye bye to him…find someone who does want to be with you and show you off…I can pretty much guarentee that he has someone else…dump him…and for god sake STOP SLEEPING WITH HIM, DON’T GIVE HIM THAT SATISFACTION !!!

1 Like

Take your daughter and do something special with her!

No child remembers their 1st birthday. That party isn’t for the child, it’s for the parents. Your relationship with that man is over if he’s got a girlfriend that everyone knows about. You have no claim on him because he is not legally or emotionally committed to you.

You share a child. He’s allowed to be a father, even if you don’t like him anymore. If you went for a custody hearing, there’s no discernible reason why the father wouldn’t share 50/50 with you. I’d suggest letting him be a father and celebrate his child without your interference.

Whether or not the two of you are having sex, it makes zero difference in the eyes of the law. Fathers have rights. It’s not appropriate for you to use your child as a weapon against a man just because he doesn’t want you as his girlfriend.

1 Like

Sorry this is happening to you. You deserve better than him. Let her go to her birthday party with him, so she is not being punished. You can have your birthday party with her & your other kids. You say you are married. Get divorced from him. He has no respect for you. He is cheating. Grounds for divorce, & he can pay child support. Try to get full custody so you do not have to deal with him. It is depressing… kick him out of the house for starters. He can live with the girl friend. He should be ashamed of himself, not you. Good luck!

Boy this is messy and I totally understand what it’s like for a man to treat you like that and boy it hurts I’m really sorry he is really s***** but you shouldn’t punish your daughter for this you should punish him and you should find some way to let this girl know that you guys are still sleeping together and if she doesn’t believe you like send her texts or any way you can confirm that that you are telling the truth and then that girl can decide if she wants to stay with him and go to the party or not I think that’s a fun idea cuz they won’t have as much fun definitely not if that girl knows that you’re sleeping with him still and it’s going to make the party really awkward for both of them that’s how you punish him and get back to him at him because he deserves to be punished