My spouse doesn't work and contributes nothing: Advice?

Life is too short, go get a small apartment and separate. File for child support and the judge will order him to get a jib

Have respect for yourself and leave. He’s a bumb…expect more…be alone…for a while You had to have red flags…don’t waste your life…

Honestly you deserve someone so so much better. I suggest leaving now before it’s to late. When I was 17 I started dating this boy who was younger than me. I was in a car accident before we got together due to being in a car with some idiot who had just gotten their license with a friend of mine and was waiting on a settlement. After I turned 18 I received it and he made me pay for his driver’s ed and within a month or 2 he had me spend all my money on him and once it was gone he left. To me it seems like it’s a similar situation. He’s just with you because you have money. Once you leave he’ll have nothing and realize that he should have appreciated you more and what you do for him. Do not go back.

Stop paying his bills your credit is way more important. Go to a gym that has childcare so the kids can play while you work out

1 Like

All that money u r using to help HIM, u should be using to help YOURSELF!! Its your money!!! If he was working n doing his part, then yeah, it’d be his too like his would be yours…but that isnt the case. U r doing 100% of the relationship n that doesnt make any sense if its supposed to be 50/50 (no matter who works or makes more…u contribute to help 1 another and both take care of business). If u r doing it all alone, then why not be alone? U can do bad by yourself. U dont need his help w that. U work so hard to take care of him n his parents house, when he isnt caring for you at all. Instead of wasting time n money, it’s time to save that money and gtfo!!! U deserve better

2 Likes

You didn’t mention any children involved. I am confused why you are still involved with someone who isn’t pulling their weight and doesn’t seem to value you, your time, or anything else.

1 Like

Leave my ex husband did the same thing. I worked from 8 am to 1 am the next day. It got to much working 2 jobs so I stopped. He got pissed so I told him you go get a job it’s your turn. 6 months later he found someone else and I left divorced and dated and than married a man who tells me to stay home with our kids I will work. Now don’t get me wrong money is tight sometimes but he rather me be home than break down in tears every night in anxiety attacks.

1 Like

I know it can be scary to leave a bad situation but I promise when you look back you will be so happy you did. Just have to build up the courage to be brave and take your life back girl! You have a lot going for you if you can afford all of that. Remind yourself of your self worth and do what’s best for you! You are clearly unhappy and only you can change your life! You got this!

1 Like

Tell his ass bye your his significant other not his mother. It’s not your responsibility to take care of him

Leave him… He is a lazy jackass …

Trust me. Leave. You know it in your soul it is the right thing to do. It will suck for a while, but you will be so happy you did it. The sooner the better, instead of wasting your best years of your life on a black hole.

1 Like

Are you kidding ? Are you worth something? Do you respect your self?If you don’t respect yourself , who is going to respect you? You didn’t mention children .If is no children you should it left yesterday and if is children you should leave tomorrow. Love yourself first.

4 Likes

Ughh I can’t even stand a dead beat. Give him an ultimatum either get his lazy self a job or your gone.

Leave, and do it now. But be prepared, he’ll beg you to come back. It seems like you already know what your heart is telling you to do.

2 Likes

You should leave. He’s using you and will continue to use you as long as you let him.

1 Like

Leave. Find someone who qill treat you with the respect you deserve.

1 Like

Honestly I would leave him if not doing anything for you if he loves you he will do what he has to do

Girl kids or no cut his ass off and move to a motel. Anything is better than dealing with that bullspit!

Get out while you are still young. Dont waste your good years on a lazy man. There is better out there. Go find your well deserved happiness.

1 Like

If ypu decide to stay with him save your money get an affordable apartment and move you and your kid/kids in get daycare help if need be and tell him he may join you if he’d like but first he has to get a job and show you he can keep a job and help pay bills ECT dont just let him move in asap if he gwts a job make him show you he can be a man. If he dosent get and keep a job and prove to your satisfaction he can man up then tell him he can keep living the fuck boy life at his mama’s and to expect divorce papers custody/child support papers very soon.

1 Like

Hunny move on. Stop paying for his stuff, put away some money in account he has no access to and get out. He is free loading on you, your his scurerity blanket. You deserve so much better then this. Don’t jump into another toxic relationship right away. Find your self, get your energy back, recharge your ora. Then when you are happy you will find happiness. Don’t let him drain you no more.

1 Like

Saying “I just can’t” is no different than him saying he’s researching how to start a business. It’s all excuses and BS. Get out or keep taking it up the ass. Your choice.

Get out !!! Run…

You are not his mother if you need to be a caregiver get a dog

Run and run fast don’t look back

Leave now girl. If your paying all the bills & giving him money to spend. You can make it on your own. That money you gave him that he bought beer and smokes for could of went towards your gym membership. Get out now caz it will only get worse. If he hasn’t found a job in last 7 months he’s not going to any time soon. Quit supporting his ass & take back yours and be happy!!

It’s time to leave. Don’t look back either. You would be much better off living in that apartment

just leave me, he’s only using you at this point.

Does he watch the kids?

1 Like

I had to stop reading sorry…honey run and never look back

I knew a girl who did this for years because she felt she couldn’t do it without him
Cutting him lose will save you so much time and money
Worry about you girl because you are the only one who will
The girl I knew got rid of her useless man
Hope the best for ya

1 Like

Ooh Lord you still so young and very smart. Leave… he’s not a good one or a good fit. And men rarely change.

Get up and leave, only you can fix it, since he’s too lazy too… make your own life

Wow he’s a man child. I’d honestly. Just leave and get your own place. You’ll be happier without him. And stop paying for his shit too. It’s clearly time for his vacation to end

Yeah he’s just using you.

2 Likes

Honey you need to stop stand up from that bathroom floor and look yourself in the mirror. Is this what you deserve? Is this what you base your self worth on? Here’s an even better question. Do you love yourself? If the answer is yes then you need to find the strength to leave that man. If your already doing all the things a married woman for why would he put a ring on your finger? What you will allow will continue.
You need to love yourself enough to know that this man doesnt serve your purpose. That you are beautiful strong and obviously independent.
You need a good man that will match you in all things and that will inspire and assist you in your self growth.
Don’t allow a small boy who thinks he is a man because of his age hold that power to make you stay. No amount of love is worth giving in and up and the years of youth God has given you to deal with his crap.
If you continue to pour yourself into this man he will continue to consume all of you. Eventually one day you will wake up and not be who you once were. You will be a shell of yourself. Dont allow him that power over you. Takr your power back and kick his ass to the curb!

Get an apartment and file for separation (to end your financial responsibility for his irresponsibility). Stop paying his bills. Tell him he can move in when he’s done acting like a child and ready to resume being your partner. If that doesn’t happen, or you get tired of waiting- finish the divorce.

1 Like

Run run run run run away baby

YOU CREATE YOUR OWN HAPPINESS my dear and you are WORTH so much MORE than this

Move on. You deserve so much better!

You’re enabling him by paying his bills. This doesn’t mean you’re at fault, you’re simply allowing it to continue.
Many of us were taught to believe that women are the caretakers and feign that we feel needed and even loved. Happiness cannot be bad in the happiness of others.
With that said, you need to get the hell out. Stop paying bills bills, period. Pay your bills and save up to get your own place. Cut ties and do not look back.
You are working too hard to live paycheck to paycheck. Once you are on your own SAVE money and take time for YOU. I highly suggest not dating anyone. You are 25 and need to build yourself up. Love you. When you love you, you will pick better partners. You will expect better of a partners.
I wish someone would have managed to get through my thick head when I was in my early 20s.

And can you just begin to imagine what will happen when ye have children…and believe me I know many who were using two different contraceptive methods together and got pregnant. It will all fall on you with no home of your own…and yes you can leave…there is no such thing as “you just can’t leave” You are and adult, have free will…use it. You will have no life, no future, no home, no fun, no nothing ever, just used and abused with that dead beat bully. Run fast. If you aren’t able to face sorting it alone or feel trapped go to a women’s shelter for advice and support. Good luck. :shamrock:

Don’t waste anymore time. It will not get better :broken_heart:

Leave him asap he won’t change

Get out now while you still can trust me from experience and wasted 16 years don’t end up like I did . I was lucky enough to find a man that loves me very much and I him very much after . Work on yourself don’t let that guilt of feeling bad hold you in that toxic relationship. I know you sit there and feel guilty or whatever it is your feeling but crying alone because of being treated like a bank machine and a caregiver more then a partner time to leave . Don’t let him run your life ! It’s your life take charge of your life and get yourself together I promise you there is light at the end of that black tunnel! Leave and don’t ever look back :heart: I wish you all the best hang in there :heart:

That would make me fall out of love real fast eew😳

Leave. If you don’t want this for the rest of your life, leave. He won’t change, and even if he does, how can you be with someone who has put you through this? You don’t want to look back in 30 years and realized you wasted your life with this man, and he’s still the same.

You are so young. You sound so responsible and smart! You have a long life ahead of you and will be fine look how great you are! This man is a deadbeat who doesn’t respect you nor love you based on what youve described. Take charge like you have with everything else and make plans to leave. You should be experiencing fun, laughing and real love! insane incredible can’t stop talking with someone kinda love who truly deserves you! This is not love. There are good men who will respect and support your hard work and independence. Please please stop letting this man who does nothing for you or himself run your life. You can do it!

1 Like

Dont be afraid to be alone. Being truly on your own is one of the best things you’ll ever experience.

1 Like

People like that are useless. Run. Don’t be a fool anymore.

1 Like

Please leave you don’t need him. Go and don’t look back. :heart:

Oh I’m sooo sorry that u are going thru this your so young and smart I would
File to divorce I’m so sorry to say that but your
Worth so
Much more as
He is just using you !

What is so great about him that makes you want to stay in this situation?

2 Likes

You deserveso much more.Drop this jerk and take care of you. You will be so much happier.Get a little dog.

1 Like

Stop giving him money, stop paying his bills and start saving. Get the heck out of there. You can make it on your own and you deserve much better.

3 Likes

Please pack you and your stuff up and leave! He has no want to better himself it sounds like and you don’t need that dead weight… you are still SO young and need to enjoy yourself and not be stressed out over some dude.

Dump his ass. Just pack and leave. Of course when you have a place lined up. That is not a man. That is an immature little shit.

Wise up then and move on

1 Like

Leave. You cant love anyone else before loving your self

1 Like

Find out WHY you are allowing this. Yes YOU. if I was this guy,s mother, I,D be kicking his butt. Too late to change him. Get out before you become ruined.

3 Likes

You definately dont need a leach…Kick him to the curb

Get the hell out .You two have grown apart and he’s stuck. He’s got no motivation to be more or do more because he’s got cushions to fall back on. You don’t need to take of everything alone if he’s fully capable.of doing something This is laziness and depression and he needs to get on meds, talk to someone and get his butt up and off the couch doing something even if it’s just for beer and smokes. You should never have to give everything away knowing you are denying yourself what you need like a going to the gym and what an ass making you feel bad for stating the damn truth. Tell him you need change give him a timeline and stick to it. If you weren’t taking care of his bum ass you’d be in an apartment going to the gym being better. You are going to get depressed if you keep building this sadness and resentment You are not his parent or his fixer. You don’t have to feel worthless for doing the right things. You have one life and you deserve to be happy.

Stop paying for his stuff and find your own place.

4 Likes

Kick them to the curb. You aren’t gaining or losing anything by losing them.

Start looking for a place, rent a room or basement apt somewhere - that’s the cheapest way to live I believe given your situation-

Stop paying his bills. Leave him as soon as possible. You are working to hard to be unhappy. Life is short.

1 Like

Cut the dead weight and do you! I promise it won’t get better

What happens to us is because we allowed it to happen, we are being used and abused because we tolerate the situation, it’s a big question to me that you see all those things yet says…you can’t just leave the situation. Shake up, have courage…move on, move forward and move out once and for all , unless…they …being dependent on you makes you feel a hero, sorry dear, I could be mean…but it’s just really up to you …

2 Likes

Why …he needs to work…I can not think of anything that I would support a man for while I work and he sat at home . not happening you need to leave…you donot need him

1 Like

If you honestly don’t love him, leave him. Especially if the bad out weighs the good. Only you truly know. If the situation was flipped I’m pretty sure women wouldn’t be telling the men to drop the housewife. I was kind in the same boat, my s/o cleaned, cooked and watched our kids. I made a resume for him and applications. He is now our sole provider and i stay home. Sometimes people need a push. I’m not married but isn’t for richer or poorer?

2 Likes

Rent a studio apartment and learn what happiness feels like

1 Like

Think with your brain insntead of your heart.harden your heart and leave him the sooner the better!!

Damn girl!!! Don’t waste anymore of your youth!!! Go now!!!
You only got so much life to live! Sounds like you already know what to do and your just wasting time and $$$$!!!

What’s the payoff for you?

Go before you have kids by this man yo!! Just go!!!

2 Likes

He is not a man. Don’t waste your life on him another second.

leave. hes not doing anything, you make your own money, you are better off without him. pay off a car for yourself, get a driving license and get out of there. go to a shelter until you have enough to rent even a single bedroom apartment.

I was mentally abused like that too, feeling like I had no where to go, being the one out of the two with a job (granted I didn’t even make a lot at a fast food place and ironically I’m working at the same place for the third time two years after my second daugter was born), I did what I didn’t want to do and moved in with family (cause I feel like I’m the black sheep with both side of my familys, but they’ll still help at least) and ended it with the father of first daugter (she was 3 mo old).

you are the money maker, you decide if you want to keep being abused or not and take action to protect yourself before a child gets involved. from the sounds of him, the next generation doesn’t need a copy of him (if you know what I mean, kids are copies of us and are each unique too.)

You need to leave. You don’t have to break up with him if you don’t want to and you think it will get better, but you need to be on your own supporting yourself. When he gets a job and holds it for 6 months at least, the. You guys can talk about getting a place together again.

1 Like

Leave now. Yes you can. Just completely ghost him. Get an apartment dont tell anyone. If possible in a different town. You only have one life. Go be happy!

Know your worth!! If you’re doing it all why be with anyone who’s only bringing you down and not helping you all move forward! Before you can do for your own you need to know not only your worth but your children’s also! Good luck!!

1 Like

Honey leave you deserve better it serms youre responsable without him theres guys out there that work and would want a women like you . Good luck.

I would find a place I could afford on my own. I would be gone. This person is a self centered jerk to say the least and if you don’t know by now he has no intentions of working and helping you then you have blinders on. Your are the one who works your bills come first. You don’t owe him or his family anything. It is time you come first and find someone who wants and apperiates you. The only thing he wants is you working and keeping him up and his needs meet. GET OUT NOW. GOD BLESS.

1 Like

You deserve to b happy, and your the only one that can do that…leave now

Oh girl what are you wating for run run run the bum is not worth your trouble .hes a loser

If you’re asking, you already know the answer.

1 Like

The WHOLE family is taking advantage. Move on girl. Line your ducks up and GET OUT!

3 Likes

Leave. In the meantime don’t give him money. Tell him to get off his ass and get a job if he wants beer and smokes. You are too young for this. Do you know anyone you can move in with? Family or a friend? He is abusing you mentally. It could lead to physical abuse. Is there an organization in your town that helps women get on their feet? He has beaten you down mentally that you think you can’t make it on your own. You are stronger than you think. If you need to you can Private Message me any time. Good luck and keep us posted please.

Leave before kids are brought into it.

2 Likes

Leave. He is abusive and you deserve so much more than what he is doing. There is someone out there MEANT for you, but you have to get rid of the dead weight first. :heart:

1 Like

Get away from him. He’s dragging you down and you guys arent even married or have children. Once one of those happen it will be even worse. You aren’t trapped now, but stay longer and you will be. Your life will go down the drain.

1 Like

Your stupid for staying with him get out while you still have your life you know if your doing all the bill paying and working wha do you need him for to continue to ride your back and weigh u down go girl get out and make it on your own u don’t need that

3 Likes

Leave and do not look back

1 Like

Only you can help your situation.Live with it or leave.Personally I would never support a healthy free.loader.

4 Likes

I know its hard and i wish I could say y’all can work it out but it just plain looks like he doesnt care. He needs to grow up and his family is wrong for letting him do that to you. Fuck that. You deserve better.

Time 2 look out for you , nnmmmm rùn 🙋 ny

2 Likes

Leave
He is not adult enough to have a relationship. Wants you to take care of him so he has no concerns. Let them take care of him. Take care of you. Love yourself.

3 Likes

Wow. Poor thing. U need to read what u jst put on here … I think u should already know what’s going on .

2 Likes

On God, why do you even waste your time? Don’t you want a real partner in life and not a weight dragging you down? You don’t sound happy so why stay. You are so young, find someone else or else stay with the bum and grow to resent and hate him. Get ya life together hun

1 Like

What are you waiting for. You know what you need to do. I married at 19 he passed was alone for 10 years. Married again did same things as you but mine worked low wages always yelling or putting me down 36 years there are things worse than being alone. He died 2 years ago had 6 kids they left too. I am alone. So answer your question? What do you want we can tell you leave, stay but it is what you what. I know what I should of would of could of, I would do it fast if you aren’t 25 yet.

1 Like

Baby, you have a grown man child. Get out and do you. You owe nothing to him or his family. Get out and better yourself.

2 Likes