My spouse doesn't work and contributes nothing: Advice?

So why are you staying with this immature brat. He wants a mama that can take care of him and his needs. You’d rather be verbally abused cry in the bathroom why?.

1 Like

Get out …Don’t say anything just get out while he’s sleeping.

1 Like

Know your worth!!! He’s a grown ass man, living with his family while you support him. Hell no!! You can do better and you most definitely deserve more!!! Save money, stop paying his shit and go on with your life.

Sorry but honestly honey your a freaking retard, have you no love for yourself? Stop being his bank and door mat. Pack your stuff and leave unless you think yourself worthless then stay and suffer.

1 Like

Jesus is the answer to your prayers.

You are better than that. When are you going to love self more than you love or think you do

Leave for your own health and sanity you are enabling him to do nothing why should he hes got it made there are places and ppl out there that will help you you just need to ask around and find them quit giving up your life for him you are still young think of the money you can save by not paying him for sitting on his ass all day and Don’t get pregnant

He using you. Go get your own spot and do you. Period.

I put up with a non working husband for 7 years and finally left him. Best thing I ever did.

RUN LIKE HELL!! especially before your ass gets pregnant and you’re really in a fucked up position

You need to leave him. He obviously isn’t going to get it together. He’s perfectly fine living off you and his parents. You can do this alone, you’ve proven that by taking care of a grown man. Cut the dead weight off and become independent. Staying with him, you’re only wasting your time. Especially if he doesn’t speak the same love language you do.

The word feel and feeling appear often in your text.Feelings come and go.Obviously you felt love for this person at one time and now you probably feel differently.Its time to deal with situation but not dwell on it through your feelings .You are a good worker forget the gym put your energy into work and use your creativity now to make a plan and take whatever time you need to make it happen for YOU.Dont let your feelings be the lying boss.Fight the good fight :pray:

Remind him of the Tammy Wynette and George Jones song r d i v o r c e becomes final today

Wtf is wrong with you, keep on enabling

2 Likes

Just leave.You can’t change him but you can change you.

Get out of there before you become pregnant & feel stuck . If he can’t even make you happy can you imagine him becoming father to a child for you to support as well .

get yourself out of there out of that relationship and out of the mindset tat it’s ok for all this to happen :frowning: its not ok goodluck and hope you get the future sorted and a life you deserve.

You have your whole life ahead of you and A MAN should be as supportive as you are to him. It works both ways, and if he cant meet your needs either than fricken BYE!!! Just saying. You sound super smart but no, these people shouldn’t be taking ANY KIND of money from you either this is not okay and is a toxic ass relationship! Leave and go to a shelter or something or go stay with a friend places are out there that help! You will be fine and do good. If there is no love. There is no love!! Don’t think twice and do it…dont be scared k…goodluck woman!! Dont give up! :heart:

Why should he work? You pay for everything.

Lots better men out there that love a working women but also works and pays door both. He needs a majer wake up call. MOVE ON.

You are WAY TO young to be putting up with that. Leave don’t waste your youth. I never had a man that don’t work but I’ve had emotional and physical abusers and that hurt takes A LONG time to heal but verbal abuse comes before physical the fact he attacks you more for crying which is a normal human reaction! Is a HUGE RED flag of what is to come. Leave you sound very independent you can do it.

1 Like

Girl… Do not settle for that :confused: you deserve way way more.

1 Like

You already know what you need to do. Find the courage to do it!

4 Likes

Stop paying his bills. Hes using you. Get out now.

2 Likes

You are nothing more than a meal ticket to a bunch of free loaders… Pack your stuff & walk away… You will do better without them…

3 Likes

Talk to him and set boundaries.

Figure a way out. You deserve better. You are too young for this situation. You need to live a better life. It will never happen where you are. Good luck!

2 Likes

I know it’s easier said then done but for your sake RUN.Marries or not YOU NEED TP SAVE YOU NOW…TODAY.You are being used/taken advantage of.Nothing will improve on its own.You need to gather what you can and leave.What you’re describing is abuse.Ask yourself this question:if the tables were turned what would he do/say if you were sitting on her butt/doing nothing to contribute to the household.Youre young and take it from an older woman IT WILL GET WORSE.Things can be replaced so grab what’s vital and walk out.Do NOT explain yourself.Hugs

2 Likes

You’ve posted this, so you know what you want to do and what you should do.
He’s already at his parents so just leave. You can walk out today. Love yourself. Reach for ‘your’ goals. Make yourself smile. That’s the right thing to do.

7 Likes

Leave and don’t look back!!! Run as fast as possible!!! Stop wasting your time and money!! He’s not worth it. What’s he doing for you???

3 Likes

You know you have to leave him so go don’t put up with that anymore

2 Likes

If you were reading this as if someone else had written it - what advice would you give them? Listen to your inner voice. You know what you have to do now give yourself permission to do it.

5 Likes

Don’t waste your 20s on a narcissist, life is too short and your youth should be enjoyable. Go on vacation and put him in the friend zone. He should be accountable for himself not babied.

3 Likes

leave the guy u can support your self,leave him for your health sake.

Honey you don’t need to walk away you need to RUN!

2 Likes

pack up n run he is a free loader

1 Like

I didn’t see mention of kids…? If you have nothing tying you to this man, get the hell out! You don’t owe him shit.

Your his mommy honey.

It will never get better. Get out now.

1 Like

It’s Time to leave let his family have it hit the bricks

1 Like

Leave. Any way you can. Trust me it only gets worse. Ask anyone who has been through an abusive relationship and they will tell you same thing. That is abuse even if he never touches you.

1 Like

Seems like u can take care of tiurself financially. He doesnt sound kike he cares so u should looks after yourself not a grown man

I think you know this situation is not a good sign. I would stay with a friend or family members get your first and last month’s rent together and just be on your own. If he really wants to make it work he will smarten up get a job and prove to you he is capable. Don’t let someone hold you back you seem focused and hard working. You deserve better!

Yup run away as fast as you can you are doing way to much for a pos who does not give a shit about you get out before you have a baby and you can’t

Run, he will never change, u all are enabling him

1 Like

Good grief, run don’t walk to the nearest exit!! What are you waiting for, it’s a marriage not a life sentence!! If you want a pet, go to the shelters!!

3 Likes

Throw the whole boy away

God praying for you get strenth and couarge too live and you want regret cause theres alot out there treat you for the women youve become at young age amen

Stop paying HIS bills and stop giving his parents money (other than rent/lights) save your money and move out on your own.

Dump his sorry butt and get yourself out. Get yourself an apartment. A new number. Block him on everything. Just go cold turkey on his lazy a**. Go to the gym. Wear make up. Feel good about yourself. And if he has anything to say about it, tell him to shove it where the sun don’t shine

1 Like

You need to just leave him. He will never change.he is a dead beet. Stop paying his stuff and give him no money. He needs to just be gone. Go get a job himself

Get out if i got a job its your choice

You need to stop paying his stuff,move out and stop giving him money, u work hard for ur money to give to him money Leave him, find ur self a nice place and move forward with ur life and with out him you this is why he do’nt want to work because you keep paying his stuff,and give him money, save ur money, and get ur own place don’t feel pitty for him cuz he do’nt feel bad when your doing everything for himself or his mom just move out go to a friend or ur parent’s home til you can save enough money to find you a place take care of ur self before you help other people put ur self first above everything else t

Only question I have is WHY

Wake up go go go you are being used (sorry)

1 Like

Kick him to the curb

Stop and Get The Hell out guilt being his mom and supporter Get Your Own Life

Kick his arse to the kerb waste of bloody space

Grow a set and get out!

1 Like

Just walk away or better yet RUN.

Nope his peace of shit ass would be so gone that’s not love girl I don’t no what kind of shit he feeds you but you need to stop eating it take your life back

Leave him. End of story. Or stop paying for his stuff so he will have to go and get a job. Stop being his doormat and make him responsible!

1 Like

Get out while you can. He will not change. Been there

I’m so sorry you’re going through all this sweetie but you know in your heart you need to get out of this abusive relationship before all this stress kills your soul I’m praying you find the strength and courage to leave you deserve so much better​:sleepy::rose:

1 Like

Stupid is as stupid dose.

Is there a question? You already know what you need to do, just pull up your big girls panty and do it.

I think it would be a good idea to seek counseling for yourself and discover why you feel you deserve to be subjected to this lifestyle. You know it’s wrong yet you continue to live this way. First, you need to love yourself enough to believe you deserve better. Find a way to enable yourself to be the strong and deserving woman you know you can be :two_hearts:

1 Like

Stop paying his bills completely. Put back money x
3 months to move out quickly. No discussion about bills or leaving. If you have joint accounts, move by yourself to new account. Leave a little in old account so it don’t slap him too hard, too quick.

1 Like

Leave the sun of a bitch

They only get away with what you allow.

You paid all his shit off, why wouldn’t you take care of yourself?? Move out and leave him. Why would he need to work when you give him everything?? All he has to do is scream at you and hold out his hand for cash.

Your so young still to deal with this. You deserve so much more. Be strong and move forward to a better you and future without him

2 Likes

Move out, if he grows up he can join you.

Your enabling him by doing and paying for everything. Nothing is ever gonna change unless you make the change and leave his sorry ass. You do not need him dragging you down and taking all your money from you. Leave now or you never will and things will only get worse

Sorry for you. Time to get rid of him. It’s not a healthy relationship. Please take care of YOU!

He’s a bum, sounds like he will always be a bum, so you need to find your own place and leave, He’s NO good

1 Like

Run he will always be like that.

O girl kick he’s arse to the curve he’s playing your head if u don’t get out u b menterly insane

Just get out if there leave him nd live yur life.stop paying for any of his stuff,sounds like hes useless,you are too gud 4him

Don’t walk away RUN!!!