My spouse started a gofund me for a house fire and kept the money for himself: Advice?

Report. It all belongs to u and your daughter not him

I would tell his organization. Thats considered fraud i believe.

He probably set the fire

I think you can press charges.

Seems like fraud to me.

Oh there is a good spot in hell waiting for him šŸ¤·

Thatā€™s fraud and he needs to give the money to who it belongs to or call the police

Whatā€™s the go fund me

Fraud, do something about it.

Itā€™s called fraud I would take his ass to court.

Need to contact GoFundme and the police. Then contact an attorney and file for divorce. He is a low life who will try any means to get money at any means. Sorry to hear about your home, hopefully you will get the help you and your daughter needs.

35 Likes

Definitely report him on go fund me and report him to the police. He must be doing something that is causing him to need a ton of money. Go file for divorce too. He sounds like he is doing some very scummy things! Good luck! I hope that you get everything figured out for you and your daughter!

What a scumbag! A decent person/father would never think of doing such a thing even if he had the right to do it (not saying he has!) infuriating! I hope you report him and get the money to start fresh with your little one. Good luck x

Iā€™m so sorry ur going through this. Iā€™d report it to Gofundme, explain the situation and file a fraud claim. Iā€™d also go to the police and let them know he moved out prior to the fire with all his belongings, and is now committing fraud, using ur fire to knowing scam people and keep the money. Iā€™d also let the people that donated money know what a scumbag he is.

Definitely report to police, recently a Mother used the go fund me money raised for her sons funeral gambling instead and was charged, so do not let it go! Ring police talk to them etc.

Its fraud and theft by depiction he can be facing a felony being he lies and recieved funds contact authorities asap along with go fund me

What a douche, smh. That is fraud and theft. Contact your local police department and GoFundMe immediately. Also I would let this "organization " know what he did.

Hell no! I would be calling his work and telling them and also go fund me! What a scumbag!

take his ass to coart

Hello fraud. Report to police.

Thats fraud so report him to the police

Know the disgusting asshole

Talk to the Policeā€¦:sparkling_heart: good luckā€¦

Fraud!!! turn him in.

Report to go fund meā€¦

This is fraud. Report it!

Fuck him turn him in he is worth less for taking from you guys. Iā€™m so sorry hope everything gets better. You guys are in my prayers

Go to the organization n report him ā€¦

Hell no he has no right to it

Fraud. Report to GoFundMe and police

Fraud on his part. Report it.

He is a heartless creep

Report that to Gofund me.

Itā€™s fraud report him!!!

Keep all text messages and proof he took the funds and take him to court. What a piece of shit.

Hell no file a police report.

1 Like

What a piece of shit

Report the piece of shit to gfm and the police. Then Iā€™d file for full custody since he abandoned his daughter with nothing and obviously doesnā€™t care about her well being.

Report his useless ass. It wasnā€™t for him. Iā€™d take some of that money and pay someone to beat the fucking brakes off him!

Karma is gonna take a Dino bite outta his ass

1 Like

I hope karma gets his ass

1 Like

No you would think he did this out of the goodness of his heart. You.owe him nothing u.have to get back on your feet.him takingnhalf the money thatā€™s no.good. maybe go to legal aid tell them your situation he has no rights to that money.what an a5 good luck in your situation

Pretty sure thatā€™s fraud and itā€™s not legal.

Report it to go fund me and the police. Then take it to your local news station. This kind of stuff will always make the news.

Chat to the cops about this one.

If his name is still on the house, he is unfortunately entitled to the money. However, he can be criminally charged with fraud, Iā€™d start there. Again, donā€™t hold your breath on the other portion of money though, thatā€™s probably gone.

No he is not entitled to the money. You need to report him for theft, and fraud. I am sure there are others but you would need to consult a lawyer.

He is definitely not entitled to the money.

Iā€™m really sorry about your home. However, Iā€™m glad you are not with that jerk any more.

Almost sounds like he caught the house on fire and had a plan from the start smh

5 Likes

That is fraud. report it immediately