My spouse told me he doesn't want to be with me anymore: Advice?

Get an ATTORNEY, CHANGE THE LOCKS, pack his sttuff and put out on the porch ( or ship to his pstents) tell him HE is moving out to his parents house and YOU and your daughter will be staying in the house WHICH HE WILL BE PAYING until child support, alimony AND sole custody for you are determined.

Either he is hiding alot or you are checked out.

Move on, make a happy life for your daughter and yourself.

14 Likes

Don’t leave that house. And never leave the child alone with him. Until there is a court order. Talk to attorney must will file for their fees to.be paid by other party.

11 Likes

No don’t leave. Get a lawyer. Stay there with your child. If he has an issue he can vacate the home and stay with his parents. You stay in the home with your child. DONT LEAVE

5 Likes

Depending on what state you live in. He can’t file for divorce for a year!!! You need to run to your nearest lawyer and file sepetation papers. Serve him up with some stipulations and child support first!!! If you own, that house will likely be yours, atleast till child is 18.

2 Likes

You’re married you don’t have to leave. He left so stay until it’s figured out in court

1 Like

Lawyer up, if both of your names is on the house he can’t just give you a month to leave. He has to provide a place to live for his daughter and I would also be signing up for child support. If he is willing to kick you and your child out, he isn’t much of a man. Let the whys go right now and take it to court, it honestly isn’t going to help you feel any better knowing the reason, especially if he’s been seeing someone else this whole time.

1 Like

Hire an attorney and don’t leave the house until your attorney tells you to

3 Likes

Don’t stay. Just do not. I’m living with my ex because I thought he would change his mind also. Nope. 5 years in and he hasn’t budged.

Let him leave. Don’t leave the house.

1 Like

he giving you a month definitely cheating to me as stated don’t leave you stand strong and fight that maa phucka and tell him come get his shit phone land lord let or she know what going on above all else get you a lawyer tell him or her the guts of things change locks to all doors request for landlord to change locks apply for a restraining and protection order and parenting order If In NZ get as much support around you as possible cause if he wants a fight on his hands you gone be ready like a boss queen and lastly make that maa phucka pay child support DONT LET NO ONE DIM YOUR CROWN QUEEN!!

Sorry this has happened to you. :frowning: Do not leave!!! Get an attorney. Please do not let him railroad you. Don’t accept any gaslighting behavior. What you allow is what will continue. And know you will get through this. Hugs to you!!!

4 Likes

Stay right there in that house. He was stupid enough to move out. His loss n your gain lol. Anyway, get a good lawyer n take everything you can .

He’s definitely met someone else and wants to move her in. LEGALLY he can’t make you leave. If you are legally married, the home is shared property, so he’d need a court order to make you leave, and I highly doubt a judge would do that since you share a child. My advice: hire a lawyer immediately and file before him. You don’t mention what state you’re in but in most states if you’re both on the deed you both would either need to sell the home and split it. Second option: one or the Other would have to buy the other person out.

2 Likes

Don’t leave the house, if he wants a different life let him go, sounds like he is a little bit of a bully

1 Like

Get an attorney. Thinking back all those years ago I went through this I wouldn’t keep the house. I won the staying in the house thing and then won the house in the divorce but I also got the mortgage and it’s been up and down on keeping it with the economy and such.

Don’t go anywhere! As it seems you’re the main carer of your child, he has the responsibility of providing a roof over her head and yours as her mother and main carer, so no. He leaves not you. Yes you’re in shock but you need to get legal advice and get it now! Make sure you know everything to do with rights with property, money, bills, everything as it seems he may play a bit dirty so you need to be able to shut it down straight away. Show him he’s not messing you about or playing games with you

Sounds a lot like my ex-husband and sounds a lot like he’s got another woman on the side which is exactly what I went through… you are better than him and deserve so much more than what he’s putting you through!

2 Likes

Get an attorney before you go anywhere. Find out your rights but don’t sit there and do nothing. You know how he feels. Let go and give your love to someone who will love you back. It’s not him

4 Likes

Ummm… Unless he’s violent or whatever. Don’t leave the home. He is the one who wants the dissolution of the marriage so if that’s the case, he goes and starts from scratch NOT you.
I would contact a lawyer to get an idea of what happens next. Don’t let anyone just dictate your life and how you move once they’ve decided they NO longer want to be apart of it. Be strong and be BRAVE.

2 Likes

Get an attorney and get ahead of this .if he’s screwing around you can take him to the cleaners

3 Likes

Lawyer up, do not leave the house. You have rights to obtain the house. He cannot legally kick you out of your home. Even if he is filing for divorce. Have your lawyer contact his. There also needs to be an agreement made about custody and child support if your daughter is under 18. It’s going to hurt like hell but he’s made himself clear. You need to be strong and do what is best for you and your daughter. You’ll have time to mourn your loss after you have a safe plan in place. Do not let him chase you out and leave you both with nothing.

3 Likes

Stay in the home my dad always said the children belong in their home he can not make you move without going to court and if you can’t afford the home the court can make him pay for it until your child is 18

1 Like

No. You can not force someone to be with you, that does not want to be. You can however, give him what he wants. Leave. Give him space. And possibly, he’ll change his mind. Or realize what he did. If it truly happened out of the blue, and no indicators that anything was wrong or any problems at all, like you make it sound… There is a possibility, that there’s someone else. Or, he’s felt this way for awhile. And you just haven’t noticed. Which also, is entirely possible. But, you have a child together. Don’t make things harder for your child. Who, this will affect more then you or your spouse. It will be hard. But, you need to put any and all of your feelings aside, for your child. And their feelings need to be top priority. Make things as smooth and easy as heavenly possible. Don’t fight him on moving out. Or, do. And talk to him civilly about it your child is going to be staying with you, then you should be the one to stay in the family home. Because, her entire life is about to change and be turned upside down. And ANYTHING that you can keep the same, ANYTHING you can possibly do to not change in her… Would be so much better. But, right now… You both need to be civil. Don’t force yourself to stay with him. Don’t try and force him to stay with you. When I left my husband. And told him I no longer wanted to be with him and asked him to leave (the apartment I completely paid EVERYTHING for, rent bills and food) he literally REFUSED to leave. For a couple months. Then claimed he was staying for the kids(he was their step dad, but had raised them for 7 years). But, it didn’t do any good for them. It never it that much harder when I finally got him out, and it made it harder while he was there and we were fighting. He was also abusive. Especially my youngest, who was more attracted to him then my oldest.

Girl get your life together and move on. Why would try to stay with someone who told you they don’t want to be with you anymore that’s just asking for misery. Talk to a lawyer about your legal rights and prepare to start over. It will be difficult but You got this!

Let it go. Do not leave the house. Lawyer up and get what you are entitled to and move on. No need for any more answers he has made it clear he wants out.

20 Likes

No you DON’T leave!! It’s your daughter’s home you stay put and get a lawyer as that house is 75% yours!!

4 Likes

From the daughter of a single mother who watched her mom struggle the whole time after the divorce, DON’T LET HIM KEEP THE HOUSE. OR THE CARS. FIGHT FOR EVERYTHING! it will be hard but sooo worth it. My mom gave up everything and she had to , had she fought in court he probably would have killed us but if its safe, FIGHT! He is the one that wants out. Not you. So he can go live his life… Somewhere else.
And if he wants to leave you he doesn’t deserve your heart or your love.

13 Likes

People fall out of love and it sucks and it hurts but… you can’t make someone stay in love with you.
Time to get your bits together and sort out where you and your daughter will be living.
You will be fine.

Let him go. You get his house!

I wouldn’t leave the house. He can leave.

2 Likes

Don’t leave!!! If he is thst unhappy then he needs to leave. Lawyer up and don’t speak to him about anything other than your child.

1 Like

I’ve laugh my house my moms technically

This is mamas uncut, why is there men commenting?

1 Like

The amount of comments spewing negative advice… Isn’t the saying “if your unhappy , leave?” He did just that. Was forward & upfront. Gave her a car, money, & sees his child. Gave her a month to find arrangements. I really don’t see the issue. He was pretty clear… can’t force someone to stay, that’s how things get ugly & people tend to start sneaking around.

1 Like

Sounds like he is a cheater to me… take care of ypurself. He is not in charge. He does not have the right to tell you that you have to be out of the house that is half yours by a certain date. See an attorney, an attorney will let you know your rights…

Why would you leave? He wants out. Let him go. You stay and keep a stable home for your child.

6 Likes

Don’t leave the house until you speak to an attorney. Dont argue or hope he will change his mind.

2 Likes

Don’t leave the house bc then its his in the divorce. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Why would you want to stay with someone who doesn’t want you? Just go. No need in staying to try to manipulate him into being with you again - he already gave you money and a car.

3 Likes

Definitely meet with an attorney and they’ll tell you how to proceed. The house should be marital property and he can’t make you leave. I wouldn’t try to work things out with him but I definitely wouldn’t risk losing the home you have for your children.

3 Likes

please get a lawyer. you have the kid, you should stay in the house. he’s the unhappy one, he can leave

6 Likes

You’re married and you have the kids. Don’t you DARE leave!!

5 Likes

Do not leave. That’s your home w your child. He’s not happy let him leave. Yes I would def believe him. I would also file for temporary custody and then divorce. He can’t make you leave.

2 Likes

He’s probably seeing someone else.

1 Like

Girl he has a nother woman trust me move on but don’t leave the house get a lawyer and take him to the cleaners child support and alimony you can do this

4 Likes

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I’d just leave though

1 Like

Do not leave. If you are married, it is just as much yours. Make him fight you for those items.

2 Likes

Sadly, sometimes we never get closure we think we need or deserve. I’d say okay and file for divorce first. I’d stay in the house until it’s court ordered you have to leave.

Absolutely don’t leave. Get an attorney! Have your attorney contact his attorney. You stay he leaves!!! Sounds as if he already has. Go to the bank take out half and open a new account.

3 Likes

Pack his shit and tell him to come get it

Sounds like he found someone else. Get a lawyer. Do not leave the house! Let him start over. He wants the divorce.

3 Likes

He has someone else he is more interested in right now.

1 Like

Sounds to me like you need to go. You will not get answers by staying.

Of course I’d ask for an explanation for your peace of mind but you can’t make someone stay with you if they don’t want it. Just know that if you leave the house, it’s his. Start splitting things up now. Then he can file.

1 Like

Do not leave period get lawyer now freeze all accounts

4 Likes

Don’t give up ,he is the one who wants to end the relationship between you , so stick to your gun’s you have a daughter who is in need of a roof over her head, so get a solicitor and keep the house until the court says otherwise !!! Until then make sure you get maintenance from your exhubby

1 Like

He’s done so make your plans and move on. At least he told you personally. You can’t make someone love you and demanding answers may only hurt you more. You’ll get those answers eventually but for now take care of business and prepare for your future. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Do not leave that house, he left aand you need a home for your child.

5 Likes

Stay where you are.
Journal everything.
Get a lawyer.
Even of you can’t afford your home alone he needs to help pay.
Be strong.
Time to get tough and hit survival mode!

5 Likes

Go see a lawyer. Sorry for what you are going through, that can’t be easy, especially without any answers.

If you are married that is not just his house. Don’t leave. Contact someone for legal advice. Sounds like he found someone else but he can’t expect you and his child to move in with your parents.

1 Like

You should never leave, let him leave. In fact get an attorney and make sure your husband has to pay your lawyer costs. Get the house, custody of your child, spousal & child support! Do not give in to him because the court is going to look at it that he should never have told you to leave. Sounds like hes trying to move another woman in your house

2 Likes

DO. NOT. LEAVE. YOUR. HOUSE…
dont disturb your child… plus he will get the house in the divorce

3 Likes

He wants a divorce, he needs to leave and you and your daughter keep the home. Do not leave the home. Get a Lawyer and make him pay child support and alimony to you he is breaking up the marage.you should not be the one to leave and uproot you daughter.

1 Like

Sometimes trying to get answers us futile, but if that house is owned by you both tell him your staying there with there with the child, he can stay at his mums, till the divorce is finalised and you are either awarded the house or need to sell it and split. Divert any of YOUR earnings out of the marital account and into one of your own.
He’s selfish for expecting you and your daughter to leave.

What’s the need of staying with a person who doesn’t love you anymore…that rollercoaster of emotions and pain will be more devastating…just walk away,…ull be fine

1 Like

You guys are married and that’s your marital home you should file for residential custody. You should see if you guys can stay in the house. Go get child support and all that squared away. I don’t know if you were or stay home with the child I don’t know if you can afford to stay there but you definitely have more than a month. If he wants out then he can get out. Unfortunately seems like he made up his mind and you can’t be somebody to stay. Even if he agreed would you really want that? Would you want someone to be with you who didn’t want to. It sounds like he is still interested in being a good father so hopefully your daughter will have a good relationship with both of you and you should probably go to counseling because this is a trauma anywhere and expecting it. One day when you are healed and ready he will find somebody who loves you the way you deserve to be loved. In the meantime you need to protect your assets and yourself. Make sure you get all the bank statements. Go back at least 6 months if you can. Get all the information you can his taxes his pay his expenses. Whether he was cheating or not honestly doesn’t really matter in court nowadays. But if he withdrew large sums of money we might be able to get that back otherwise go down and have them file something saying that neither of you can remove any large amount of money until the divorce is final. Make sure you protect yourself because that’s protecting your daughter.

Sounds like he had someone else. Stay till the divorce is finalized because most likely a judge will give you the house. Just leave him alone. Don’t say anything to him unless it’s bout your child.

6 Likes

Sweetheart, that man just looked yiu in your eye and told you … he doesn’t love you anymore… don’t wait to see if a month goes by and he changes his mind. He won’t. He’s not even acknowledging you. There’s no way to sway him. He’s made up his mind a long time ago. I’m so sorry you’ve had to feel this type of pain . It’s not easy. It’s rather soul shattering feels like your doll is being ripped out of you and strangled in front of you. :see_no_evil: I may know to well this feeling … BUT I can tell you. You WILL be okay. Message me if you’d like to vent or chat. Zero judgment, Shits rough :pleading_face: hope you figure YOU out. He doesn’t deserve to have to stay with a person he doesn’t love and you don’t deserve to be with a man that doesn’t love you. No energy, no harsh words( you’ll thank me for that advice)
Just go in peace. Do you girl, never know there might be something BIG in your future :purple_heart:

Stay put he left and get a attorney

2 Likes

We have a saying in Spanish “lo que se va no hace falta” meaning, what goes (away) is not needed.

Boy bye! You got this mama, it’s hard but he’s speaking very clearly to you and you deserve so much more

2 Likes

I’d start putting visiting times in place. Even if he’s not replying, tell him he can only see your daughter on planned dates. Not when he feels like it and maybe have someone else to take her to see him or meet outside of the house. Don’t leave, he can find somewhere to stay.

2 Likes

My answer would depend on a lit of information not found in your question. Do you jointly own the house or renting/leasing? Would you want the house in a divorce, could you afford the payments, utilities, insurance and maintenance on your own? If so, don’t go; but if the reason you’re staying is so that you can continue to be a rug to be walked on, then girl get over it. Go home, start over and find someone that respects you enough to discuss marital issues instead of walking out on you. Don’t be that easy spot to land every time he gets the notion. Set an example for your child, be strong and be smart. Good luck!

1 Like

Do not leave!!!
He can find a new place
I’d go file for custody/child support since they two separate issues.
I’d ask for the marital home.
If you leave you’re “abandoning the home”
Also if you don’t work, I’d ask for spousal support and that he pays all attorney fees

26 Likes

Get a lawyer but DONT LEAVE THAT HOUSE.

3 Likes

First order of business would be to go to the bank and remove half the funds to an account in your name. Get a lawyer and don’t move out of the house until the divorce is finalized. Put joint credit cards on hold or close them.

5 Likes

Never leave !!! Period get an attorney asap !!!

4 Likes

i agree with everyone who say don’t leave, i’m going through this too and i left and he getting everything and i have nothing. please don’t leave and you file and get child support

1 Like

Know your worth. Straighten your crown and leave (after contacting an attorney). Don’t ever beg for someone to love you. Co-parent the best you can. It’s not about you and him anymore, its about your daughter.

He gave you your answer, he’s not in love with you anymore for whatever reason.

1 Like

DO NOT LEAVE. That is your child’s home.Get a lawyer find out what you are entitled to and let your so called husband file if that is what he wants.

2 Likes

first dont leave the house 2nd get a lawyer 3rd go file for custody of child and discuss nothing with him but the child

5 Likes

I would leave as soon as possible. Don’t make him say it twice.

3 Likes

DON’T LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!! Get.A.Lawyer immediately!!! I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

4 Likes

He can leave. You stay right there with your daughter. Let him do the filing and all that so he’ll cover the costs there. Get yourself a lawyer and fight for what you are rightfully entitled to. Whatever you do do not leave your daughter! They can use that against you as “abandonment” and give him full custody.

3 Likes

You don’t go anywhere. He can’t tell you to go. Seek legal counsel now! Don’t wait for answers-there will be none. I went through this a few years ago. Best to just let him go and hold your head high. Within 6 months, the truth came out for me and my kids. He had a mistress

1 Like

Leave, his mind is already made up.

2 Likes

He’s met someone else

1 Like

Oh and don’t communicate with him about anything but your child. Anything you say could be used against you.

2 Likes

If your on the house note. Then DO NOT LEAVE. if your not on it he has to give you an eviction notice and force you to leave.

2 Likes

You don’t have to leave… he literally cannot make you :woman_shrugging:.

That can all get settled in the divorce process

1 Like

God has something for him , it’d not good! Thinking the grass is greener. Not greener :rage:

You stay in your home. Tell him to stay gone.

4 Likes

Get checked for sexually transmitted diseases this week.

5 Likes

He is done with you and is probably already with someone else, do NOT ask question if you can’t handle the answers.
Now , why he wants you leave? If you are legally married he can’t kick you out of the house, I will stay until the divorce is finalized and everything is settled by court

2 Likes

It’s your shared residence. If he wants to leave, let him leave. File for divorce, and if necessary temporary spousal support and definitely he needs to be paying child support.

2 Likes

Leave my ass. Get a lawyer. Don’t wait on him. He is more than willing to put his DAUGHTER on the street. DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE.

1 Like

stay in the house till the divorce is final .He probably has someone else already waiting to move in once you are gone. Best wishes to you im so sorry he turned out this way some men are so inconsiderate and stupid they dont think of this before they have a family.

Don’t leave. It’s abandonment & he can use it against you. He doesn’t want to be married, tell him leave.

10 Likes

No and no he can leave not you!! Screw that shit!! Girl you better fight for yourself and what’s right

I know from my Daughters solicitor you do NOT leave the house under any circumstances.

9 Likes