My spouse told me he doesn't want to be with me anymore: Advice?

Go to the family court in your area tell them what happened and that you need temporary full physical custody of your child or children, you will get paperwork saying you legally keep your children in your home. Find out about filing for child support and do not leave your home. If he doesn’t want to be with you then you definitely shouldn’t follow his directions. If your husband doesn’t want to be with you then he should find another place to live. Call divorce attorney see if anyone does free consultations to find out your rights. Definitely call your parents they need to know what’s going on so you have their support. I think your husband is cheating or wants to if he hasn’t yet. Find a therapist they will give you tools to get through this. So sorry,

6 Likes

Find someone else then

changed the locks, throw all his stuff in the yard for him to pick up and tell him to find a new place to live

1 Like

Only u know ur worth.

Take him to the cleaners. Get the house, half of his retirement, child support and spousal support if you habe been married for more then 9 years. If you don’t you will regret it in a few years. Don’t be nice.

6 Likes

Nope, he needs to leave.

2 Likes

Find an address for where he is staying. Call a lawyer have him served with papers. Ask the lawyer for temporary custody of your kids which means you will have custody of them until you are finished with custody papers. Do NOT under any circumstances leave that house. He can take your kids and the house and you can lose both. Make him leave as he is the one wanting the divorce. Hang in there it will get better it’s just going to take some time and adjustment. Do what makes you and your daughter happy!

11 Likes

do not leave. let him leave. esp if u have a kid. u should stay. if he snot that into you … he can bugger off. take teh key for the car and get trespass order against him

Run fast and don’t look back

My husband about four years ago came home and said he was unhappy and didn’t want to.come home to see me just the kids … that if things didn’t change in a year he wanted a divorce… I was shocked , heartbroken and had no idea why he would say that . It took him 7 months of it feeling like we wasn’t married for him to realize he was super depressed. Worst 7 months of my life. But he went to the doctors to get help and we are better than ever now …

2 Likes

He should pack his stuff and move into whatever girlfriends house he’s at. You and his daughter shouldn’t move and you need to talk to an attorney and get child support, and alimony (if available) set up and tell him bye!! He wants to go…let him go. You stay and make sure his things are out by the end of that month he’s giving you!

9 Likes

And change the locks on the house!

3 Likes

Stay, but not in the hopes he changes his mind, but because he decided to end things abruptly and left the home, so HE needs to find a place pf his own. Change the locks.

6 Likes

Is the home in both names
If so your entitled to stay there just as much as he is
I would seek legal advice reguarding you and your child
And your rights

Don’t let your heart rule your head
Let him go
You will find the right man who will love you

3 Likes

No. You leave. Never ever beg a man to stay with you or hope that he “changes his mind” gross. Pack your shit and be done. No explanation needed.

Because I know now what I didn’t know back then my advice is stop allowing him to tell you what to do stand up for yourself and daughter he’s the one who has made decision to leave the marriage get you a attorney if you can’t afford one go to legal aid I did way back in my younger years you request custody support & alimony req that you & child retain the residence you live in you will get that he expects you to follow everything he is requesting you do that’s a no no stand up for yourself and daughter surprise him by making decisions that concern you & daughter this will get his attention real fast you get to attorney before he does to protect yourself & daughter I am sorry you have been hurt & shattered no matter how much you still love him don’t allow that to rule your decisions because that’s what he’s counting on you to do exactly what he tells you too stay strong you deserve so much better for yourself my response to my child’s father was geez I am so glad to know you feel this way I feel same way just didn’t know how to tell you he was like huh shocked he tried everything he could to come back home I would not allow him he ended up cheating on women who he was cheating on me with left her with 2 other children he denied just like he did me & my son you don’t realize now but you will there’s someone who will love you way a mans suppose too & be a wonderful step father to your child much better than my child’s biological dad was keep your head up stay strong

4 Likes

Don’t leave. Talk to an attorney. Start preparing for it though. But you and your child stay in the house.

5 Likes

If you 2 own the house do not leave before court settles division of assets . Any lawyer would tell you this. If its a rental and you are both on the lease he can’t make you leave. You are once again legally entitled to be there. There is a simple sentence you need to memorise to use every time he tells you to do something. Sorry we arnt together anymore. I don’t need to give attention to anything you say. Seeya. Works better if there’s a door you can slam in his face available.

6 Likes

So look, there’s probably someone else. You’ll find out in the near future during the divorce proceedings. He’s done, there’s nothing to work on. Don’t stress yourself out or belittle yourself into thinking there’s no future without him, keep your pride, say okay and handle it classy. If he’s not cheating, sometimes people just fall out of love. It happens. It’s happened to me. One day I just didn’t feel the same with the person I was with. If that is the case, he’s handling this civilly. Don’t make it ugly if it’s unnecessary. Do what he says and leave (ya know if it’s his name on the lease, if it’s yours he got to go, not you). If you’re not working, get a job. If he still helps financially with his kid to your satisfaction, don’t put him on child support. Focus on yourself and your child, let yourself heal and then get yourself back out there. You’re understandably hurt, but don’t ever beg someone to stay if they just told you flat out they don’t want to be with you. You’re better than that, never think less. Good luck mama. :heart:

Get an attorney, file for divorce and he can leave not sure why he just thinks that he can demand that you leave…if there is equity in the family home, sell it and split it…don’t sign the house over to him.

5 Likes

If he’s telling you this than don’t try to hold onto something that’s Just not there -let whatever ever pain you are feeling become your strength-refind yourself-love yourself- throw it up to God- don’t let anybody steal your Joy-backpack God and let God backpack you-babystep it and keep on keeping on-trust believe and keep the faith

2 Likes

Sounds like you better get up and packing hun you don’t have much time im so sorry

4 Likes

Keep your house you will be with your child ! Change locks…
Be happy he didn’t make a fool of you and you heard it from his new girlfriend…

8 Likes

There’s probably a woman involved

10 Likes

Do NOT leave. You do not have to go even if your name is not on the lease/deed/etc.
you take your time. You seek legal advice. Don’t stay to be with him though. He’s gross to try and tell you, you need to leave. Good riddance to him. Don’t be nice. He’s clearly not. That’s not how you kindly end a marriage.

5 Likes

Just get a new boyfriend asap problem solved

1 Like

Don’t leave your house , make him leave!!! You have the child , and he’s the one ending it !!! Kick his ass out

You stay…he’s the one ending it. He’s the one who needs to leave and go live with his parents. You have your daughter and you both need to stay where you are.

11 Likes

Go. You are better off without him.

Don’t leave file for divorce he abandoned the home it’s yours

7 Likes

Sounds like he moved on

3 Likes

If yall married u don’t have to go anywhere let him serv u with papers and take it to court make him give u the house and whatever else u want to also make sure u get custody it sounds like he’s seeing someone else sadly

7 Likes

Stay for what? He doesn’t want to be with you so get a divorce and make sure you get a good amount out of it too… and start a new life… don’t belittle yourself and try “make things work” because it WILL NOT HAPPEN!!! take your pride and move on… there is more out there…

7 Likes

Don’t stay “in case he changes his mind” but I damn sure wouldn’t leave the house. Cleary he has somewhere to go and he has already left. Kindly pack his stuff and leave it for him. Don’t try fixing a broken mirror. He obviously does not want to tell you (probably cheating to be so cold about it) but KNOW YOUR WORTH.

Is it his house? Did yall buy it together? If its his, tell him you want to be legally served before you leave. If it’s yalls together do not leave until a judge tells you you have to!

4 Likes

Fuck Him! Tell him drugs are bad!!

the signs are always there, but unfortunately you never saw them, I would hire a lawyer, Stay until you see the lawyer, because if you both own the house, he might charge you with abandonment & you might loss the house, If it’s a apt. or a rented house, then leave, I wouldn’t want to be there. Also if your daughter is both of yours, you need to file for temporary custody until the divorce. Because he also can ask for temporary custody also.

7 Likes

He gave you all of the answers you need. He clearly has someone else, and you deserve better, so move on with your life and do the best for your daughter that you can.

3 Likes

If your married the house is just as much your’s as it is his. He can stay with his parents.

6 Likes

Honestly it sounds like he is having an affair. Right now he thinks the grass is going to be greener on the other side. If I were you I wouldn’t leave. He can leave, he can go rent an apartment. Also where is he staying right now?

11 Likes

Ooooor it could be that you weren’t really paying attention to his well being while he was failing to communicate his needs. Legally you don’t have to leave but do you want to stay in the house with the type of chemistry in the air? I mean if so then yeah he’s gotta hit you with divorce papers before you go anywhere. Personally I wouldn’t file for temp custody until it’s am ordeal and just do what works for both of you but that’s just me being passive and not wanting to start something

1 Like

Stay until the judge decides who gets the house you do not have to leave

3 Likes

Your marriage is over. Its done. He’s not changing his mind. Don’t fight for his love. Its done.

Now, you need to secure assets and also secure custody for your children. Get an attorney now!! Explain whats going on and I hope you find a fierce lawyer who will rip him a new asshole. Don’t tell him you’d be getting an attorney… be smart. Don’t just leave the home… it is also yours. He wants out of the marriage, he leaves the home.

Stay where you are…let him go. House is marital property. The bank account y’all have is marital property…which means it belongs to You both. He can’t just give you money and say go. You have a child. Stay where you are. File for divorce first. Get an attorney right away. This makes me feel like he’s got things in play. So work fast sweetheart.

2 Likes

Nope. Y0U don’t move out. He left you. The house is yours. He may take this things and go. File for alimony and child suppirt. D0 talk to a lawyer. File for abandonment… AFTER he files for divorce.

4 Likes

Sorry to say but to me it Sounds like he has someone else and is waiting to start with them.

4 Likes

Never let a man tell you twice , he doesn’t love you

Im so sorry :disappointed:

4 Likes

Leave he has already moved on.

Put him and his things on the curb. Let him leave. If he doesn’t love you what do you want with him?.

2 Likes

Anne Roudabush anything to add?

He found someone else sadly….he should leave y’all have a child.

If you are married and he left then file for abandonment and child support. Sounds like if it was that easy he has someone else and is living with the homewrecker. If the house was bought in the marriage do not leave your home.

5 Likes

i would change the locks and stay where you are you the one with a child. i would take it to court so you don’t have to leave your house

4 Likes

I would contact an attorney.
Are you renting or do you own the house?
If you own the house is your name on the mortgage papers?
If you are renting, is your name on the lease?
I would open new bank accounts n my name only. I would close all joint accounts and take one half of the money.
I would not move just yet. Contact an attorney NOW.

1 Like

Get a lawyer quick. Followed by a restraining order, now now now!:wave:t4:

1 Like

You don’t have to leave it’s your house too and change the locks because he doesn’t live there anymore and chose to leave and move on no one needs someone that does need them and when he figures out he wants you cause he will tell him to f off

2 Likes

He’s got someone else. Don’t move out. Start getting your affairs in order. Get a lawyer yesterday.

3 Likes

Don’t move out , he can go like now! He left you so why should you move!!
He has someone else and doesn’t have the guts to just say that.
Get a attorney Now!!!
I would get all bank accounts changed asap as well protect your child .

1 Like

Is the house in your name or his?? If its in your name then he can’t take the house but if its in both of you alls name then take it to court

2 Likes

I think it’s so petty how because he’s decided he doesnt love you anymore people think you should get the most out of it it’s not his fault ofcourse you deserve an explanation but feelings are natural and can’t be controlled so I don’t see him in any wrong atleast he was straight up and honest with you to your face and is still around for your child, in ten years time you’ll be stress free of him and may even be happily married with and extended family, there’s positives to every situation also not saying you and the child should actually leave but if it is his house that he owns and you do have somewhere to go why not make the situation easier no point hanging onto a house that used to be a home go out and make new memories some woman in these comments are just quick to get whatever they can out of a man :woman_facepalming:t5:.

3 Likes

There’s definitely someone else, I’m sorry but he wouldn’t leave something for nothing, I hope he regrets it and I hope you don’t take him back, scumbag

1 Like

He’s cheating. Take your phone and call a lawyer.

2 Likes

Call a lawyer, and don’t forget what Zsa Zsa Gabor said about her divorces: be a good “house keeper”

2 Likes

Sounds like he found someone else honestly… You should make him leave! Why should you be the one to leave when he’s the one choosing to give up on your relationship? Especially with a child in the picture! Put up a fight for your home and forget about having a relationship with that man he’s already moved on from you regardless of if there’s another woman in the picture or not!

5 Likes

Get your important items, papers and money that you need. If the house is in both your names then do not leave.

Go see a lawyer asap.

6 Likes

Why? Get to the bottom of the reason. If you want him refuse divorce or let him go and move on with your life

If seems like he has already checked out of the marriage an none of us know why neither do you, only he does an ur could be for a number of reasons. But if he’s already left just like that & doesn’t respond to your calls/txts, only comes to see your daughter then I’d start lookin for a new place etc. I’m sorry that this has happened to you

1 Like

He’s been cheating and telling you lies. Be thankful your rid of the cheat and go and enjoy the rest of your life. He will wake up soon enough and come grovelling back as they always do but hopefully your happier and with someone who deserves you and don’t lie to you xx

1 Like

Tell him to move out.You.need the house for you and your daughter.And get yourself a good lawyer.You are entitled to half of everything.Good luck…You deserve the very best in life

1 Like

Don’t leave. Then you’ll be abandoning him. Make him leave if he wants the divorce.

Don’t move ! Get some legal advice

Hes with someone else. Get a lawyer. Do not make any decisions until you get legal advice.

2 Likes

Never let a man tell you he does not want you more than once…That ship has sailed…Get you a lawyer …there is someone else…keep a home for you and your daughter…

Move out he’s not worth the worry if he loves u hell cum bak if not your a string lady😊

Sadly this doesn’t sit right, my ex husband told me the same we were married for 7 years together for 13, yes we argued just lke every couple and had been through alot together, so when he left and i found out 2 days later he was slowly getting ping with my best friends daughter who was only just 17, i also had a, 17 year old daughter, not only was i heaet broken i was also disgusted, she was sendimg him videos of her self playing with her self and had literally taken him from me, i am happy now that my life got better, partners dont just walk away for no reason, i hooe u find ur happiness xxx