My spouse wants me to get rid of jewelry from my ex: Thoughts?

My significant other of 5 years and the father of my two children want me to get rid of jewelry from an ex, whom I haven’t dated for 13 years. I don’t wear the heart jewelry he got me, but I still wear the diamond studs. They don’t have sentimental value to me; I just like my diamond earrings. Am I wrong for wanting to keep my diamond earrings? Or is he being ridiculous?

49 Likes

He wants them gone he better get his lady some replacent upgrades!!!

45 Likes

Done mind him hun, keep your stuff :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Ridiculous. Tell him to buy you new ones and you’ll wear those instead.

11 Likes

Tell him to buy you a pair and you’ll get rid of the other ones.

10 Likes

Tell him to buy you some new onea

5 Likes

Now, All of a sudden he’s asking you to get rid of the jewelry?
I don’t see a big deal in keeping/wearing it.

5 Likes

Ask him to buy you a new pair and get rid of them if it bothers him.

5 Likes

I feel like your fine if it doesn’t mean anything to you keep them I would understand him saying that if it did mean something to you I feel like he’s overreacting

1 Like

Ask him for the upgrades then!! At double the price…

8 Likes

I have mine all away except my engagement ring that will go to my daughters

Is he that immature and insecure?..an ex from 13 years ago??? Come on now.

6 Likes

He can replace them if he wants them gone :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Upgrade them to some new ones, on his bill of course use them as a trade in and he can pay the difference. I personally see his point and I wouldn’t want them around either unless you and your ex had children and you where saving them to give to them.

3 Likes

If they have zero sentimental value to you and you just enjoy wearing diamonds, then just trade them for different ones. He doesn’t need to replace them, do it yourself.

5 Likes

Rediculious. Imature.

1 Like

Like make people have said he wants them gone he better get you better upgrades

2 Likes

I dont have anything from my ex. My husband asked me to get rid of them and I did

5 Likes

Save the old ones for your kids when he gets you new ones

Tell him to buy you a new pair and sell the other earrings! Gold is at all time high!

2 Likes

Have him buy new ones. Sell the old ones and go shopping :shopping:

1 Like

Tell him you will stop wearing the earrings when he gets you earrings twice the size.

2 Likes

He’s obviously feeling some kind of way about it whatever the reason. If the roles were reversed and your man was wearing a watch or jewelry from an ex you’d probably feel some kind of way about it too. Rather than focusing on the jewelry focus on the point. I’m a huge fan of the how would I feel game.
If you love diamond earrings tell him you’d love a pair next time you guys have some extra cash. Maybe even sell those to help fund a new pair, whatever. But I would want to be sure there aren’t double standards in my relationship.

79 Likes

Just let him know if he would like you to get rid of them you’re happy to do so, you would just like a replacement:) you could probably do a trade in for a credit and he, I’m sure, would be happy to cover the difference!

8 Likes

He can get you a new set or sit down and be quiet! My bf literally said that’s dumb for him wanting you to get rid of it.

5 Likes

Ridiculous. He is just being selfish, and controlling. If you dont mind getting rid of the heart jewelry, then concede to that. Keep your earrings, that you enjoy. It is your jewelry, and your call.

3 Likes

Why did you even say they were from an ex? In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?
It’s earrings for Christ sake

8 Likes

Tell him to replace them and you’ll be happy to.

5 Likes

Why did you tell him who bought them for you?

1 Like

Hes being ridiculous. Be careful about getting in a relatipnship w someone so controlling.

3 Likes

If there is nothing sentimental about why not get rid of it. The fact that it makes your husband feel a certain type of way, he probably thinks that you’re harboring feelings for your ex and that’s a problem

16 Likes

If he isnt going to buy new ones. Keep em :ok_hand:

5 Likes

If you have a daughter give them to her or keep them for her until she’s older.

1 Like

I still have my wedding rings from my ex. They aren’t really worth anything. My husband doesn’t care. My ex never really bought me much else to keep.

I say find a compromise. Will SO get you some jewelry?

1 Like

Im keeping my jewellery sorry dude

Tell him to replace them. Tables turned, wouldn’t want my man wearing even a sweatshirt she gave him. What if X ran into him with it on.

3 Likes

I mean honestly, is a couple pieces of jewelry worth fighting over? Just get rid of them and buy new ones. No biggie.

2 Likes

Easy enough to make him happy; trade out the jewelry

Get him to buy something you like and sell the other pair.

1 Like

Its called respect … don’t wear them…

4 Likes

I still wear my diamond studs from my ex husband :grin: If your current guy is willing to buy you new ones/trade them in for different ones, then there ya go, problem solved. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My current husband talked me into getting rid of pics and things of my ex. He’s dead now and I have nothing. I regret it every day. You do you…I wish I would have

2 Likes

Tell him when he buys you some diamond earrings then you’ll get rid of them :rofl:

5 Likes

Take it to a jeweler and have them pop the diamond out and put it in something else

Tell him when he buys some you will get rid of the old onesq

2 Likes

I would rather make my husband happy. They are just earrings that have 0 sentimental value to you. Either way it upsets your SO. If positions were switched you’d be going crazy for him not tossing something that he wants to keep from his ex. Respect this one wish because it’s going to cause more problems than solve. Get new ones to replace them. I think you’re very disrespectful to your current SO

2 Likes

He’s being ridiculous!! It’s freaking earrings…

6 Likes

Hes being ridiculous

4 Likes

Pawn the ones you have find another pair of the same karat and he covers the rest of the tab.

Give them to him and tell him to have them upgraded.

4 Likes

My husband says keep it lol.

7 Likes

Get rid of it… You’re spouse is asking. Just do it.

5 Likes

If it was just an ex that would be one thing but the father of your children? Maybe you want to pass doen that jewelry to your kids someday :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

What is he wore something from his ex who he has no children with? Would it bother you?

1 Like

Communication is key, ask him to buy you diamond earrings.

1 Like

He’s being insecure. But think if tables were turnt and he was still wearing jewelry his ex gave him…how would ya feel. It’s an individual preference really. I personally wouldn’t give a flying fuck. I have kept and wear on occasion items my ex’s have given me, but my bf never asked where the items came from either. Why’s he so worried about where the jewlery came from to begin with? I’ve NEVER had a man ask me where a piece came from ever.

Trade them in on something else! That’s what I did :blush:

1 Like

You can always get new diamonds you need to respect your màn and respect your màn feeling . There just earrings buy new ones . I’m on the husband side.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t want you wearing some diamonds another man gave you, tell him to buy you some to replace them :woman_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

You shouldn’t have told him where they came from. You aren’t married to him.

1 Like

Definitely get rid of them and get yourself something different that you might like it’s a respect thing wearing something from an ex even if it doesn’t mean anything it’s still from an ex and should respect your mans wishes you can buy new diamond earrings that you will like

1 Like

Your husband is in the right. Your with him not your ex. Get rid of the earrings. If my boyfriend asked me to get rid of something from my ex I would gladly without a fight.

1 Like

I dinr wear or keep jewelry from my ex , to many memories for me . I agree with you man . If you have kids with ex then put up for kid but if not sell sell sell .

He should have told you 5 years ago :woman_shrugging:t3: do what makes you happy, or tell him to upgrade them

2 Likes

I think if it makes him feel better you should do it. You said yourself, they’re of no sentimental value to you- so sell them and hint that you’d like some diamond studs from your current fella.

Tell him to buy you some earrings the same or stfu lol.

2 Likes

I’d trade them in for something else. Have him pick it out. An ex gave them to you. Its an ex for a reason. If roles were reversed would you feel the same as him? Treat him as you want to be.

Let him replace the ones you like. Then get rid of the old.
I wouldn’t wear jewelry from my ex.

If the stuff has no sentimental Value to you then why even question it. I’d sell it and use the money to buy a new pair of studs, a win win

2 Likes

Tell him to buy you diamonds and you’ll get rid of them. Im not getting rid of any diamonds. Idc who got them for me

Tell him u will get rid when he buys u new ones xx

2 Likes

I think he’s being ridiculous, but if it were my husband, I would indulge him and suggest selling them to a jewelry store and picking out new ones.

It’s just jewelry. If it were a wedding ring, totally get it but they’re just earrings.

Ask him to buy you some diamond earrings :woman_shrugging:t2: and get rid of the old ones.

1 Like

Ask him to buy replacement one’s then :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

How Petty it’s just earrings… my husband kept his wedding ring from his ex wife, doesnt bother me… JUST EARRINGS…:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

Let him buy you replacements

4 Likes

I mean there just your earrings to like to wear and were given to you many years ago i see no problem and he didn’t say anything the 5 years y’all been together…Lol

Guess your materialistic if you don’t all ready have the answer. History will one day show you that family is more important.

I’d personally just throw them out. A pair of diamond studs aren’t worth it. Pawn them off and go buy a new pair :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I’d just sell the stuff :woman_shrugging:t2: except the earrings. Tell him he can buy you a replacement pair of those lol then you’ll get rid of those

Not his. Keep the jewelry n get rid of him

3 Likes

Maybe you can sell them and get a new pair of diamond earrings

I kept a necklace from an ex… my hubs never had a problem with it

Man I still have clothes from my ex and boots and shoes that I still wear. My husband doesn’t care. And if he did care then he can buy me more before I get rid of them.

How would you feel if he wore something a ex gave him? And kept something a ex gave him??

1 Like

To answer this question anonymously, head to our forum!

Keep the jewelry and evaluate the romantic relationship you have now.

Tell him to buy you some if he dont want you to wear them i still have some jewellery brought by a ex that i wear cause i like it even though cant stand the ex

Yeah If the tables were turned nah.

Yes replacement since it’s bugging him so much

I’d say fine il sell them but you are to replace them there and then

Please. I still have several pieces from past boyfriends. Told my husband that it means nothing, however he’s more than welcome to replace all of it

Keep the jewelry, he needs to accept that jewelry is jewelry and if you like uou wear regardless of where you got it or who gave it

1 Like

If the jewelry bothers him he should have replaced them with a similar pair taking him 5 years is what is crazy.

1 Like

If he wants you to get rid of them, maybe ask him to buy you new ones to give you that sentimental value.

If they don’t have sentimental value to you, then it shouldn’t be hard to get rid of.

Tell him to replace and u roll

I think he is being ridiculous and so are you. Have him buy you new earrings and get rid of the jewelry. It’s not worth causing a riff between you two.

1 Like