My spouse wants me to get rid of jewelry from my ex: Thoughts?

Your husband is in the right. Your with him not your ex. Get rid of the earrings. If my boyfriend asked me to get rid of something from my ex I would gladly without a fight.

1 Like

I dinr wear or keep jewelry from my ex , to many memories for me . I agree with you man . If you have kids with ex then put up for kid but if not sell sell sell .

He should have told you 5 years ago :woman_shrugging:t3: do what makes you happy, or tell him to upgrade them

2 Likes

I think if it makes him feel better you should do it. You said yourself, they’re of no sentimental value to you- so sell them and hint that you’d like some diamond studs from your current fella.

Tell him to buy you some earrings the same or stfu lol.

2 Likes

I’d trade them in for something else. Have him pick it out. An ex gave them to you. Its an ex for a reason. If roles were reversed would you feel the same as him? Treat him as you want to be.

Let him replace the ones you like. Then get rid of the old.
I wouldn’t wear jewelry from my ex.

If the stuff has no sentimental Value to you then why even question it. I’d sell it and use the money to buy a new pair of studs, a win win

2 Likes

Tell him to buy you diamonds and you’ll get rid of them. Im not getting rid of any diamonds. Idc who got them for me

Tell him u will get rid when he buys u new ones xx

2 Likes

I think he’s being ridiculous, but if it were my husband, I would indulge him and suggest selling them to a jewelry store and picking out new ones.

It’s just jewelry. If it were a wedding ring, totally get it but they’re just earrings.

Ask him to buy you some diamond earrings :woman_shrugging:t2: and get rid of the old ones.

1 Like

Ask him to buy replacement one’s then :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

How Petty it’s just earrings… my husband kept his wedding ring from his ex wife, doesnt bother me… JUST EARRINGS…:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

Let him buy you replacements

4 Likes

I mean there just your earrings to like to wear and were given to you many years ago i see no problem and he didn’t say anything the 5 years y’all been together…Lol

Guess your materialistic if you don’t all ready have the answer. History will one day show you that family is more important.

I’d personally just throw them out. A pair of diamond studs aren’t worth it. Pawn them off and go buy a new pair :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I’d just sell the stuff :woman_shrugging:t2: except the earrings. Tell him he can buy you a replacement pair of those lol then you’ll get rid of those

Not his. Keep the jewelry n get rid of him

3 Likes

Maybe you can sell them and get a new pair of diamond earrings

I kept a necklace from an ex… my hubs never had a problem with it

Man I still have clothes from my ex and boots and shoes that I still wear. My husband doesn’t care. And if he did care then he can buy me more before I get rid of them.

How would you feel if he wore something a ex gave him? And kept something a ex gave him??

1 Like

To answer this question anonymously, head to our forum!

Keep the jewelry and evaluate the romantic relationship you have now.

Tell him to buy you some if he dont want you to wear them i still have some jewellery brought by a ex that i wear cause i like it even though cant stand the ex

Yeah If the tables were turned nah.

Yes replacement since it’s bugging him so much

I’d say fine il sell them but you are to replace them there and then

Please. I still have several pieces from past boyfriends. Told my husband that it means nothing, however he’s more than welcome to replace all of it

Keep the jewelry, he needs to accept that jewelry is jewelry and if you like uou wear regardless of where you got it or who gave it

1 Like

If the jewelry bothers him he should have replaced them with a similar pair taking him 5 years is what is crazy.

1 Like

If he wants you to get rid of them, maybe ask him to buy you new ones to give you that sentimental value.

If they don’t have sentimental value to you, then it shouldn’t be hard to get rid of.

Tell him to replace and u roll

I think he is being ridiculous and so are you. Have him buy you new earrings and get rid of the jewelry. It’s not worth causing a riff between you two.

1 Like

Make him buy u a new of diamond studs if he has such a problem with it

Keep the jewelry. Don’t let him tell you what to do. If you have kids with your ex. Especially a girl give them to her… But don’t get rid just because someone tells you too. That’s sound like a start of control… Don’t allow it to happen…

I’ve been there with a ex. jealousy isn’t a good trate.!! That’s how things can start…

And it’s been years since you split up. So like you say it doesn’t mean anything like he’s thinking… !!

Sell the old jewelry and buy yourself some diamonds with the money. Everybody wins!!

Sell them…buy a new/ different set. :woman_shrugging: You still have diamond earrings and your husband sleeps better at night.

I think it’s silly since it’s just basic stuff but if it means that much to him then tell him to get you some to replace them. Because you like the studs etc. Not like it’s personalized

3 Likes

He’s being ridiculous it’s a earrings it in no way represents your last relationship. I’d be a different story if it was like your wedding ring or something

2 Likes

Pawn them both and get a nice set of stud diamond earrings

If he wants you to get rid of them tell him to get you a new pair in return tell him that you like them for other reasons not just because a ex gifted them to you

2 Likes

Lol, tell him you’ll trade them in if he pays for upgrading them.

3 Likes

Sounds like he needs to replace them

2 Likes

Pls don’t give in… What will it be next. Photos. I’ve been there in your position. And it doesn’t end well. Sounds like you need to get rid of him. Everyone has a past. He needs to deal with it if he wants you. And if you have a daughter tell him your saving them for her. Good luck

I have mine that my ex gave me. It was THE ONLY nice gift he really ever gave me, lol. My fiance knows and hes never asked me to get rid of them. Seems silly, I wouldn’t get rid of mine

Shit…id. Keep the jewelry…I have a wedding set from mine which is going to my granddaughter when i die…

If they’re settlement to you just keep them… I got rid of the stuff from my first love apart from a teddy and I regret it so much now as he’s passed away :slightly_frowning_face: however I did give the teddy to his little sister so she would have something from him and I don’t regret that x

Idk on this one because I really do understand both sides. But if he doesn’t want you to have ones from someone else and you really like them, seems the logical solution would be for him to replace them :wink:

1 Like

Don’t get rid of it. But if ones a ring I wouldn’t wear it

Simple tell him to replace it with something you like. If not keep wearing your stuff.

2 Likes

How would you feel if he kept a sweatshirt that one of his ex’s gave him? Or what about a gift of an expense watch? I would feel like he is holding on to something from the past, so I can understand why he doesn’t want you to keep them.

Ask him to buy you new ones! All lives have chapters. Keep the jewlery.

1 Like

He’s just foolish! Keep them!

Tell him but me some new ones

Keep them! I still wear all my old jewelry from my ex. I did however give my mom the promise ring he gave me :joy:

Have him buy you new ones

1 Like

Tell him to replace it if he doesn’t like it

2 Likes

Its been 13 years since you were gifted a pair of earrings. Its not like it was a engagement ring.

1 Like

Its earrings. Not an engagement ring or wedding set. He’s being petty. Especially considering they were from years ago. He sounds insecure to me, if a pair of earrings bother him that much.

2 Likes

Pawn them. Sell them. Get you some new ones.

Out of respect for him, I’d sale them. Or you could take the diamonds out of that setting and put them in something new if that would be ok with him. I don’t see a big deal with them, but if my husband was bothered by that I would get rid of them.

2 Likes

He’s bothered after 5 years of being together??? We all have a past, pretending we don’t sets us up to repeat the same mistakes. I personally wouldn’t.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wear it… but I wouldn’t get rid of it either…

Honestly if it’s a gift Regardless of who its from it’s yours to do whatever you want

I’m guessing if it were reveresed and the woman felt some kinda way about hubby having something from an ex, you’d want it gone too because it’s “disrespectful” #DoubleStandard

5 Likes

Keep them - they were a gift - and ENJOY them - since your husband and children are your true treasures -

Can he afford bigger ones? If so… Sell the old ones… :woman_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

Tell him to buy you new jewelry then :rofl:

5 Likes

KEEP UR JEWELRY … if he is that insecure it’s his problem.

1 Like

Diamonds are forever.

3 Likes

Im an ass… If my man said something like that… Id look at him and say replace it all then…

You are not obligated to get rid of anything an ex gave you I too have a pair of daimond studs from an ex and wear them because i like them. My bf has never asked me to get rid of stuff. Your bf is just insecure

They should be saved… You may want to give them to your children someday

2 Likes

I would sell it and use the money to buy a new one :relaxed:

5 Likes

Have him replace what he doesn’t want u to wear.

9 Likes

Would you be okay if he wore a piece of jewellery from an ex ?

6 Likes

Tell him the moment he buys you new ones you will sell the old. If he can’t handle that your past is in the past then that is his problem. An item doesn’t mean anything and I’d be damned if a man controlled me like that.

Keep the diamonds and have them remade into something

If they mean nothing to you than why did you tell him your ex got them for you?

4 Likes

Don’t get rid of it BUT don’t wear it. Save it for your kids.

He’s ridiculous and insecure as hell.
What else is he going to want you to give up?!

2 Likes

Trade them in and get different ones

Tell him to get you new studs…you can sell the ones from your ex and give him the money towards a new pair

2 Likes

Well just tell him if he wants you to get rid of the diamond studs tell him to buy you some new ones

2 Likes

To me, diamonds are diamonds. I’d wear them.

Most of my exes are nice people but although I have things they gave me, I wouldn’t throw them out. If my man is so insecure then he’s not for me.

1 Like

That jewelry doesn’t have anything to do with your current relationship. He is too insecure and may have a guilty conscience about something. I didn’t get rid of any of my previous jewelry until my kid became an adult and I gave him some of the jewelry his father gave me (my ex passed away).

1 Like

Y’all been together 5 years, & have 2 kids, & he’s upset about this now? Weird.
But truly, if it was that big of a deal for him, & made him feel some type of way, I’d get rid of it. Give to a friend, relative, pawn it, whatever.

I think it’s so silly. It’s not engraved & it’s just regular studs but I kinda do see his point, my man is like that as well.

See what happens when you tell a man all about your pass. He will eventually use it against you. Never fails.

4 Likes

Ask him if he’s going to buy you a new pair of diamond earrings to replace them

3 Likes

Tell him to buy you Diamonds, for replacement…

Here’s the thing, if they really didn’t mean anything to you, it wouldn’t be an issue to get rid of them. I’m speaking from a place of honesty that nobody else ever wants to. They clearly do mean something to you or you wouldn’t be keeping them when your husband has clearly stated how he feels, I’m willing to bet numerous times. Something of such little significance wouldn’t continuously pose an issue for my husband and I if it didn’t mean something to me. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If they truly mean nothing to you then Sell them and get another pair you like.
Your spouse is letting you know that it makes him uncomfortable, If he is letting you know something makes him uncomfortable and you continue to wear them, are you really listening to his feelings?
I mean he is the father of your children so the EX wouldn’t have anything to do with passing down things to your children.
Because I guarantee a lot of women are uncomfortable With men having gifs and clothing from their EX, So If it’s not sentimental, if it means nothing then why let it continue to cause hurt feelings to your partner.
Even if you don’t understand it he is expressing it makes him uncomfortable.
It’s not controlling to express your feelings.

1 Like

Did u ever get appraised if not they might be fake.