My spouse wants me to get rid of jewelry from my ex: Thoughts?

I would get rid of them if it makes him feel a certain way. Would it bother you if he had jewelry from his ex. Although it’s just jewelry and it shouldn’t matter you should acknowledge how he feels. Just make sure he replaces them or take them somewhere, where you can trade them in to get another set.

4 Likes

One of these day you can give them to your kid wouldn’t be fair to them if you get rid of them

2 Likes

It’s been five years and he’s just now asking you to get rid of them? Tell him to buy you new ones and you’ll get rid of them

7 Likes

If there is no sentimental value, getting rid of the stuff you don’t wear shouldn’t be an issue. For the diamonds there’s nothing wrong with that! If it really makes him feel some type of way, tell him get you diamond studs to replace them and you’ll have no prob getting rid of the ones from the ex :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Tell him that if he has such an issue, then he can buy you a new pair

5 Likes

I have a heart necklace with diamonds from my ex but I plan on giving it to our son to give his future wife if he chooses. It is literally the only piece of jewelry he gave me in our 8 years together. My son always thought it was pretty so if he wants to give it to someone special later on then I’m ok with it.

1 Like

Tell him you’ll get rid of them if he replaces them? Then he’ll know you just like the diamonds… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

And if you replice man after few years you would Always regret it. They are yours. If he wants you to show commitment with jewellery put those to sef after he buys you something from him

If the ex isn’t the father of your kids, id personally get rid of them it’s only jewellery if it doesn’t have sentimental value I don’t see the problem. He can buy you some new diamond earrings :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Get rid of insecure spouse :+1::hugs:

6 Likes

If he wants to replace the diamond earrings, fine. Sell the ex’s. If he doesn’t have the money, then he can f*ck right off. Jealousy is for the birds. It’s been 13 years. What the hell is he worried about? He doesn’t own you.

5 Likes

I still have the necklace my 7th grade boyfriend gave me. So no I wouldn’t get rid of anything other than wedding rings.

You should never have told him, he has a right to feel the way he does and you also. Just don’t wear then on dates with him, maybe.

1 Like

My husband always said thats just 1 more piece of jewelry he didnt have to buy.

2 Likes

I’d ask him to buy a replacement pair and then, I’d stop wearing the old ones.

4 Likes

My current “boyfriend” has asked me to get rid of the “skeletons in my closet” very fancy expensive ones. However the “boyfriend” in 8 years hasnt bought me a thing. Boyfriend’s come and go but a great piece of jewelry is timeless!! If he ever thinks enough of me to marry, ill think about it.

1 Like

This is easy. Tell him that he can replace them with new diamond earrings! My husband wasn’t happy that I had a pendant from my high school bf. I kept it because it was a senior pendant. When I explained that I only kept it as a high school memory, he understood.