My spouses family dislikes the baby name we picked out: Advice?

Honestly they will forget all about it soon after hes born. My 1st kid my family hated his name (Tolkin) and even resorted to calling him too cool after he was born :roll_eyes: after awhile of me ignoring the bullshit they finally just talked calling him Tolkin. And now 5 years later they couldn’t imagine him named anything else.

It’s your child not theirs

how the hell old are your inlaws?3???seriously.thats very immature and they need to seriously grow up…luka is a nice name😁

Your baby you name him. If they do begin to make fun of him remind them they don’t have to be involved if they are going to be nasty.

1 Like

I regret not naming my daughter the name Kailauni. My ex in-laws were very racist and said they didn’t approve. 20 years later and my daughter has always wished I would have named her my first choice. She even has thought of changing her name! You do what you want. NO REGRETS!!

I can tell you that I wasn’t crazy about my grandson’s name. Actually - I love the name just cringed at the spelling. It seemed weird to me. But he’s now 4 and I can’t imagine him having any other name. Let time sort it out. They will love him and grow to love his name. That being said…they also shouldn’t have a voice in his naming at all. I may not have been crazy about the name but I kept my opinion to myself and knew my place.

Tough shit you’re using the name 24/7 not them they should not be disrespectful

And this is the reason why no one knows my babys name until the child is born. You don’t like it? Too bad. My kid. My choice. You want to pick names out have a kid or buy a pet to name.

2 Likes

Not their baby, it’s yours! They can tell you how they feel but it is your descision

Is it their child? No. Then fuck em they’re already showing you how well they will support the child and you. Take note.

I love Luka.
I have a grand daughter about to be born and my son and his partner are naming her Luna. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You name your child what you want. They seem like nasty people, I personally wouldn’t be bothered by it.

They will get used to it. Not their call. We named our son Pierson James (PJ) and some of our family members didn’t really like the name. We named him after my husband’s best friend who passed away while I was pregnant. I really didn’t give a damn because that’s my kid and I will name him whatever I want. They will just have to deal with it and get used to it. They will be too obsessed with him to worry about his name and they won’t care when he finally arrives. :blush:

You name that baby whatever you want to. If they dont like it then they dont like it. But lal that matters is you your source and that baby. Nobody else matters :wink:

Do not let them change your mind. You will regret it. I changed my daughters name for family and wish I hadn’t.

It’s your baby no one’s opinion matters but yours and your husband’s.

Spot on Haleigh Roze…start giving them the silent treatment

The one who made the baby, gets to name the baby. The end.

One of my favorite names!!!

Yes everyone hated my second born sons name Balian. You know what I did? I didnt give a rat’s ass what other people thought and named him Balian anyways. And guess what they all love his name now

It’s your baby, name him what you want!!

My mom had issues with both the first and middle name we picked out for our daughter. But we stuck with it. We (my fiance & I) liked it & that’s all that matters. :woman_shrugging: So go for it. Put your foot down. If they can’t accept it, then they don’t need to be in his life.

Well then they can be the family your kid doesn’t see. Give the kid a complex about his name…

1 Like

It’s your baby not theirs. But also tell them you changed your mind and pick something else (if it was me I’d do something weird I knew they wouldn’t like just to be a bitch :joy:) and then when you have the baby still use your original name and they will deal with it . If they want a child by a certain name well then they should have them . My sister didn’t like my sons name and I had him and named him the same name and she got over it

Luka is such a beautiful name. At the end of the day, that is your kid. Nobody else’s. My youngest is Eli Alexander. I cannot tell you the shit I got for it :unamused: at the end of the day, that’s my kid. Not theirs

Don’t let them intimidate you. Luka is a beautiful name and if they are going to be arseholes about it they can call him Luke.

Not their business. Tell them eat rocks.

I love the name… !!

Too damn bad. Not their child its yours. And to be honest grown ass adults making fun of your child cause of his name. Beyond childish. Bye! Lol i think its cute

Dont care! Its your baby! No one will care about its name once its here. Ur 1st mistake was telling people!! How rude for them to vocalize that to you. Unless they are paying fornu to have that baby they can keep it to themselves. He will live up to the name you choose.

1 Like

Its only a dilemma if you care. This is not their child and they don’t get a vote.

I think if you and your SO like it…then that is it!!! This was one reason we didn’t tell anyone our daughter’s name until after she was born…but YOU two are the parents

I have. I just didn’t care and named him like my husband and I decided to. Now no one really cares about the name and I think they just got used to it.

I cannot relate. But YOUR BABY YOUR CHOICE if they wanna make fun of him. Let them, they don’t ever HAVE to see him :woman_shrugging:

Whatever you want. My mom has expressed she’s not a fan of my sons name but I love it so much and that’s all that matters!!!

I agree with all the above, they didn’t like my son’s name either

Name him what you want. He’s yours. They will get over it.

I dealt with this with my son’s name. My family had plenty of opinions on it. However, now they all say they can’t imagine him being named anything else! You are mom and, besides dad, your opinion is the ONLY one that matters. That is YOUR child. They will learn to love his name or they will learn to miss him when you don’t want to subject him to their rudeness.
Also… I, personally, LOVE the name you chose. It is such a handsome name.

Your kid, name him what u want to.

Love the name, your child your choice.

1 Like

It’s your baby.Need I say more.

1 Like

Your body, your child, your marriage, you name him what ever you want! If they are basically going to bully you, you don’t have to let them around him!

1 Like

It’s none of their business!
If any family has any opinion whatsoever when my partner and I have children they’ll be promptly put in their place.

Your child your rules

1 Like

I love the name, screw what they say, they’ll like it when the baby’s born :wink:

We just named our second son Baker and my family kept making fun of it until he was born. It’s your baby. Everyone else can fuck off

worst mistake you can make is telling others what you’re going to name your baby… lol. everyone has an opinion and will shove their favorite name down your throat .

1 Like

How about compromising and naming him Luka with a middle name they pick out?

That’s cool. I’d tell them if they make fun of my son for his name then they can just not SEE my son. I love the name - why can’t they just be like ‘we’ll call him Luke then’? :roll_eyes:
don’t second guess yourself and your parenting choices bc of others - your baby, your way - they had their turn, now it’s yours. Glad your partner is backing you :heart:
I absolutely love it btw :heart:

2 Likes

I had several in laws try to “suggest” names to us when we found out our first baby was a boy. I told them the name me and hubby agreed to and what they said didn’t matter. I even told one person that if they loved the name they said so much then why didn’t they name their kid that. That shut them up quick.

Name that baby Luka! :blue_heart:

Family members’s opinions that are already thinking of ways to make fun of it are irrelevant, in my opinion. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I listened to family members and I regret it . I wish I stayed strong and picked the name I wanted from the beginning.

Same exact situation happened with me. Name your baby whatever you want. Their opinions dont matter.

They will get used to it. Stand your ground!

Yes and you should go with what you want, or you will feel bad and not like it if you don’t. If his family makes fun of them then just keep them away from baby. Keep the name you like and want

This is why nobody knew our daughters name until I had her.

3 Likes

If they’re honestly willing to bully their family because they don’t like the name you chose, tell them that your child deserves better family. What the hell is wrong with them?

1 Like

For real? If anyone made fun of my child for their name ESPECIALLY FAMILY somebody is catching these hands that’s absolutely disgusting

Name your child what you want. If you and your spouse both like the name that’s all that matters. If they make fun your baby, I wouldn’t take my baby to visit them.

Stuck with the name and tell them to grow up or fuck off you don’t need there negativity and neither does your kiddo I personally like the name it’s adorable and I have a cristian Scarlett and raiden myself

My family HATED the name Evolet my mom was the same way told me she would refuse to call my daughter Evolet if I named her that. 9 years later they have the greatest bond and my mom said she is an Evolet one of a kind.
Name your baby what YOU want.

I think everyone does… pick the name you like for your child… when it’s their child then they can name the baby… I personally dealt with in laws that made racist comments about my child saying she has a black person’s name…as if? I named her what I wanted to name her and everyone got over it

I did and I went ahead with it anyway. They didn’t give birth to him nor are they raising him if they don’t like it that’s their problem and their opinion is irrelevant XX

2 Likes

Yup my mom absolutely hated my first sons name (Brantley) . Or acted like it anyways . Now that’s her favorite name to say ! They will get over it … and if they even try to make fun of him in any way , then they can go without seeing him . The only opinions that matters is your husband and yours . Go with the name YALL LOVE . Not the one everyone wants you to use

1 Like

Dont tell anyone your baby names.

Come up with a super long, complicated name and tell them that they’ve swayed you. When they insist its even more ridiculous, tell them it’s their fault as they said you needed to change his name. Then, when he’s born, name him what you want.

1 Like

I absolutely love the name Luca. My niece was living with me and was pregnant. When she came home from the hospital with her new little girl Bella her father made a special trip over to my place to try to make her change that name to Colleen because he was Irish. even though Bellas father was Italian. Her full name is Bella Donna DefrancoThat sounds a heck of a lot better than Colleen Defranco. She is only 11 And is an up-and-coming actress and dancer And her name suits her perfectly. Her grandfather came around and so will your in-laws. If they don’t too bad

1 Like

They will get over it your child all that matters is you and you SO are on the same page

1 Like

It’s your child, you choose the name!
If grown ass people make fun of a baby or kid bc they don’t like the name do you really want to take advice from them?
You give in to this BS they will never stop!
I think Luka is a great name.

No one liked my daughters name Haydez (Hades) cause they think it’s an evil name lol but we didnt care shes not their baby lol :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My family did too
Still named him khrysler and nobody says a thing now so name what u want and f the rest its your baby

It’s your baby! Name him whatever you want. If they would actually make fun of your child then they don’t need to be around! Stand your ground

Your baby, your choice. They named their own, they don’t get to name yours!

2 Likes

I ran into this problem. I gave my son a dead last name from my husband’s side of the family (my husband also has it as his middle name) no one liked it, and sometimes my mom will make a snide comment here and there, but every time I hear his name I beam with joy and love and never regret a thing, can’t imagine calling my little boy by any other name.
Tonner Ewart :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

That’s not their baby and if they can’t respect they can’t see him. I would put a block to that real fast. It’s not for them they can have their own kids.

At that point I’d do it just to piss them off but that’s me

1 Like

It’s a nice name I like Luke also

I did have a similar situation my mil wanted Nicholas after her father well he is my son n his name is chase deal with it lady or don’t u had ur son n named him as u wanted my son is chase

You’ll have to be firm. Let them know this is YOUR baby and should they make fun of him for his name they will no longer be welcomed as a part of his life. Then stick to it.

I just laugh and tell them it’s a good thing it’s not their baby because I don’t give af about their opinion

1 Like

I’ll never forget when we told my husband’s dad we were naming our boy Gabriel and he said gaybe as in drawing out the gay sound in Gabe. It really bothered me and I still think about 9 years later once in a blue moon. He was ours though just like the one I’m pregnant with now.

No matter what anyone says its your little babe. If you are happy with the name then they will grow to love it too or have to get over it.

My family hates EVERY NAME ive picked out an named my kids…you know what i say… FUCK EM!!! Its not there kid an if they would ever make fun of my kids id come back just as hard because really WHO DOES THAT

Your the one having the baby the name is you and your husbands decision not his your familie

LUKA is a beautiful name and seriously its yours and your partners choice you go with it and if they are mean and nasty enough to make fun or criticize your baby, their grandson, nephew or cousin then shame on them maybe they need to check themselves

I guess they don’t have to see him then? especially if they are gonna make fun of his name. you’re his momma an you pick the name they can get over it childish adults.

1 Like

My family hated when I named my daughter Aphixia but I personally don’t care. They made fun of her name, and guess what? The ones who did are not in her life anyways. Whenever a new baby is around ppl want to be all up on the baby but soon as baby is active they are gone quick. Tell them simply to respect your choice as the parents or don’t be in baby’s life.

Excuse my language but fuck them! Your baby name him what you love! I love the name

This happen to me and I named the baby what I wanted anyone and now everyone says the name fits her… they’ll get over it. Tell them to shove it and keep it moving lol

Itold everyone from the start if I was having a boy exactly what I was naming him and didnt give anyone a freaking option not even his “dad” because I found out I was oregnant with him during my grandfather and uncles funerals and I was just like my rules I was a very moody pregnant lady that nobody questioned

Its your baby! My family didn’t like either name I picked and named my boys. Didn’t stop me. Jaxon and Jonah. Both their names fit them! They love their names and my family now dont have a problem with them!

Let me tell you something, these assholes wouldn’t be around my child if they were to make fun of him, they can fuck all the way off

Honestly id be pissed! Luka is a wonderful name he is your baby mumma do what the hell you want

I think Luka is beautiful. You are carrying him. You will be the one hurting to bring him into the world. You name that baby what you want.

Yup and I named my oldest whatever the hell I wanted to💅 gave zero fucks what others had to say…

So did mine
Funny story their my children

He’s not theirs. All that matters is if you and your husband love the name. If anyone else wants to bitch and moan about it then oh well

I’m sorry, how are they going to trash the name Luke (which is just adorable btw) and toss some shit out there like leif??? Tell them the name Leif sounds like quief :roll_eyes: and after they suggested THAT they’ve invalidated any suggestions 🤷

And I actually really like that name lol.

1 Like

Alot of ppl questioned me when naming our daughter now nobody says anything and they love her just the same! Do what makes you happy after all youll be saying that name the rest of your lifeA

I love the name Luka

My family did like my daughters name and I did it anyway. And im so happy I did