My step daughter is doing things in front of my daughter I do not want her to: Advice?

Sounds very disturbing. Pls consult a therapist, counselor before it gets out of hand and the little ones think it’s okay, because it’s not. Need intervention Asap.

I’d take her to the Dr and get her checked and see if she’ll talk to the Dr. Sounds like it’s deeper than another child showing her.

Chances are good that baby is being molested and your punishing her for it. Take her to a doctor…

6 Likes

I would seek help from your local GP there maybe something more to this.

2 Likes

I’ve never been told it normal for an eight yr old to touch themselves and I’ve dealt with sexual abuse. Get her to the Dr And get her help

1 Like

Find out where she learned this and definitely take her to the dr…continue to ask her questions about her actions and of someone if doing this to her then consult someone for treatment

You need to take you’re Step Daughter to a doctor & a counselor sounds like she is being sexually abused, There is always red flags & warning signs

Talk to her mom have her dad take her to the hospital asap

It sounds like to me she has a girl friend that is messing with her and it’s not right and when she is messing with another it’s a cry for help she wants it to stop please get her help I had someone mess with me I keep telling and no one would do anything then I even started messing with other kids in hope they would tell so I could get it to stop but they didn’t then when I was 16 I was still fighting to keep him from messing with me please talk to her mom and get something done it might be a friend she stays with all the time and the girls dad might be messing with her and she is crying for help please help them both :pray: I pray it stops now sending you love and prayers to you and your family

1 Like

For an 8 year it’s not normal. She has to of learned it from someone. Take her to a doctor asap. Need to find out what is going on. I would keep the girls separated or have an adult at all times. Wonder why the little girl didn’t say anything to her mom, or her mom would certainly have to know if she’s been acting unusual

I don’t have kids. But spanking was very effective when I was growing up.

But she could also be exploring her body so maybe sit her down just u and her explain its not right to be doing it.

I would take her to dr cause thats not normal and she could be getting abused by someone and i would talk to the mother also.

Take her to a Dr make sure she hasn’t been sexually abused and get her mother in on this to don’t get on to her keep asking questions as to whom taught this behavior and how this"game" is played with whom and where then report it please

1 . That other little girl seems to me is being molested by someone .2. Monkey see monkey do for your little girl.I feel you should contact your step daughter mother & have a talk with hr & talk with your little girls Dr. and ask him for advice

I was sexually abused as a child and when I was younger I did the same thing in front of my aunt and uncle… They turned it in to dcfs/cps. Not soon enough, as the person who was sexually assaulting me murdered my younger brother. She should mot be punished. She has probably been molested and needs help. Pisses me off that she is being punished and doesn’t know why and not being protected.

2 Likes

What Amber E. Knopp said.

Sounds like she’s been abused to me

Protect your child, if you know about this and continue to let this happen it would be sad

You need to get her looked at

1: take her to the dr and have her checked for sexual abuse
2: call cps and tell them about the friend as well as ur stepdaughter
3: she called it a game and that is and always will be a red flag.

Do it NOW

1 Like

Well its normal for children to touch themselves at young age (3) most of the time it’s a stimulation thing. Punishing your child is going to teach her that its gross and naughty when its actually natural. For your step daughter her mom needs to know asap and stay away from that little girl seems as if the little girl may have been abused because she is teaching this stuff. Maybe look into therapy for step child. Dont punish it’s just not fair kids dont know any better.

First off, i would talk to your husband about your concerns of where she learned this action she is performing at 8… get names and maybe sllow your husband to speak to the girls mother, and also maybe get her checked out by a Pediatrition. i would be concerned!

Rather than getting upset because she’s teaching your 3 year old, you need to look at the bigger picture. It really feels like the bigger girl is having issues that need to be addressed. Immediately.

On a side note, masturbation is entirely normal regardless of age and by punishing her for touching herself, you’re teaching her that her body is wrong, bad or disgusting. And that to me is inappropriate…

5 Likes

While she is there, I would not have the two alone, and not sleep in the same room, some one telling her it is a game, makes me think she has been molested.

2 Likes

Nothing like fucking up a child by demonizing something completely normal. Even toddlers masturbate sometimes and at 8yo it’s very common as it feels good. Children usually start at her age because another kid informs them about it. Toddlers start because they touch everything and are quick to notice the feeling. If you want to fuck her up (and your kid too) then keep doing what you’re doing sweetie. If you’re genuinely concerned about the situation then speak to her mother, or a doctor like an actual adult would, or do some simple research on the internet instead of taking to a FB forum.

By asking a pool of complete strangers for their uneducated opinions based on one side of a probably larger story you’re hoping to get a lot of people to freak out and validate your need to get authorities involved in a situation they most likely don’t belong. You just want validation and I’m not gonna give that to you. Grow up!!!

1 Like

My granddaughter was molested at 5 by a young girl of 10. The 10 yr old was molested in her home. I put my 5 yr old in counceling…she still has anxiety when she sees this girl and shes 12 now. Send that kid home and pray she gets help…id report it.

That child needs to see a doctor right away. Take her to ER and tell them you suspect sexual abuse.

Her dad needs to pursue this she maybe a victim of sexual abuse

Sounds like she has been sexually abused

I’d bet my right arm she has had sexual abuse and if I were you I’d get her into a therapist and go from there with their advisement.

26 Likes

I had to stop before I started this she is being abused you need to call the police right now you need to call them now as someone who works with abused children as an abused child that child is being sexually abused do something now

12 Likes

I’d be worried about who’s showed her this ‘game’

20 Likes

I pray for you I pray for her but I’m telling you with all the truth in my heart with all the strength in my soul that baby is that girl is being abused

5 Likes

I’d be calling cps and getting emergency custody, it sounds like someone is sexually abusing your step daughter.

9 Likes

I would suspect abuse

2 Likes

Id bet the little girl who taught her is being or has been sexually abused. Id be talking to someone real quick about that

10 Likes

You need to report it. Nobody should be playing that game with a little girl…

6 Likes

I’d bet my life it’s not someone you want her around that showed her this “game”

2 Likes

Bring her to see her Pediatrician ASAP, walk in if you have to! They will evaluate and refer her to someone who can help.

5 Likes

That child has been sexually abused, no doubt about it.
And you as the adults need to do something about it. Find out whos been abusing her and get her checked and into therapy please.

3 Likes

You need to call her mother immediately and then contact authorities.

9 Likes

There needs to be open conversation between parents on a path forward. I’m not sure there’s a punishment that’s appropriate for this

8 Likes

Call her mother to see if is she doing the same behaviour at home? No 8 year old would see that as a game, especially to be caught 4 times. This is definitely signs of abuse x

9 Likes

It’s a sign of sexual abuse. Tbh, but it also can be normal. If get CPS involved to be safe though

4 Likes

I’d take her to a pediatric doctor and call CPS. It’s better to be wrong and over react than to do nothing.
Good luck to you and I hope you have thick skin because you’re probably in for a fight. Much love :heart:

2 Likes

definitely sounds like she is being sexually abused. Call her mother and just tell her what you noticed and see how she reacts.

Have you spoke to her mother?!!!

Abuse. Get help now.

Child services in a heartbeat!

1 Like

I would suspect abuse. I would report it to CPS immediately.

I have to say, as much as I hate to say it, I agree with the others. It was my first thought when I read your post even before reading the other comments. Please take her to a doctor or someone. :disappointed_relieved:

Cause the first person you need to tell is her mother and then see how she acts. If you are concerned contact cps so they can make sure she is ok

2 Likes

Her behavior isn’t abnormal. It’s normal for kids to explore their bodies. Tell her that is something she has to do in private and that is it fine if she does it in her room.

7 Likes

Just because she is exploring herself sexually doesn’t mean she was abused. Kids masturbating is completely normal. The key is to not make a big deal out of it. She’s only going to want to do it more for a rise. Just ignore and she’ll get bored. Explain that there’s nothing wrong with what’s she’s doing but it’s something you do when you are all by yourself

13 Likes

Shes probably being molested at home I would get her help

2 Likes

Why are you blaming this child when its evident someone is abusing your step child…take it seriously!!! Should love her as though she is your own …take control and be her voice!!! This is not her fault!

10 Likes

People who are saying that this is normal…they are wrong. This is not Normal! Call CPS!!!

5 Likes

First off the question of it being normal or not is absolutely absurd. You wouldnt be asking fb if you thought it was… secondly contact cps NOW and have a doctor examine her

1 Like

You need to put a stop to it. I would see if your step daughter has been sexually abused or who ever showed her is being abused. That is nit ok.for her to be showing your 3 old kid. I would be livid.

1 Like

Even if you’re not sure you should remove her from the situation until you are sure

Y’all better get to the bottom of this asap. That isnt normal behavior and something done happened. Call her mother and take her to get checked out

2 Likes

That’s… not right. Something certainly has happened there. I wouldn’t even talk to the mother. Go to authorities, hospital, what ever you need to do.

That’s very strange for an 8 yr old to do publicly.

Yes “masterbation” is normal, but when it’s innocent stuff parents will tell child do it in ur room, this is different. This obviously hasn’t been corrected in her home, which is cause for concern.

6 Likes

It’s actually Pretty normal I can assure u no one needs to teach kids to do this, just as no one needed to teach you . However what’s she does need to learn is to be private about it.

6 Likes

Yes if u don’t take her to a doctor your not making sure she is safe or ok

1 Like

Not sure it sexual abuse, my young sister did it to, she just did it because it felt good. I would be very careful when getting the government involved in your household. I would dive into who has shown her this game first.

8 Likes

Don’t just tell her not to do it, try to explain to her “why” in a way she can comprehend for her age/intelligence. Just telling them not to without really explaining can cause the child to keep on doing it.

You can’t fix other people’s parenting as I found with my nephew, so now he doesn’t come over on his own for the weekend because he can’t follow rules.

2 Likes

that would be a little concerning that she is doing that so much. i would let her know that she needs to do that in private not in front of people

Please for the love of God take her the pediatrician!!! Get CPS INVOLVER. SOMTHING IS GOING ON

3 Likes

Have you reached out to her mother? Could be something way more serious than a friendly game.

3 Likes

It is normal for her to be doing so. Honestly kids do it even younger according to most medical professionals. Its naturual and she shouldnt be ashamed of it however you need to explain to her thats somthing you only do in private. You dont want to shame her for somthing like that and cause long term shame issues. But she does need to understand that one its not a game and two its for private moments only.

9 Likes

Call CPS, that is definitely a red flag of abuse and if the other child taught your stepdaughter to do it, how many other children have been taught this “game” and it wasn’t reported. By reporting it, you may be saving that child from years if abuse

6 Likes

Not at 8 no. You need a chat with mom and teach her hell no at your place.

You should be more concerned as to why she is doing this, instead of just being worried that she does it in front of your daughter. I hope she isn’t being abused, but you should either talk to her mother or take her to the doctor to be examined since she is staying with you guys right now.

6 Likes

It might be abuse. But my son does that too. Lids start to explore themselves. If she not being abused. I would tell her thsts a private thing she can only do in private. No one else is meant to see that. My son does that sometimes. It’s normal. We just told him to do it in his own bedroom with the door closed. No one else is supposed to see that.

3 Likes

I would be worried. She’s way to young to be doing that. Maybe yall need to speak to her mother on this matter. Look out for her best interest . &&’ whoever the little girl is that introducing her to that type of behavior, her mother should be confronted to.

2 Likes

U should be questioning thst little girls parents who taught your stepchild this behavior.

2 Likes

Talk to the mother and then call cps to have both childrens situations investigated

3 Likes

Stop punishing her she is doing this for a reason either she is being abused or her friend is.
You need to have a conversation with her where she isn’t in trouble and use can find out more details then the father needs to have a conversation with her mum so they can stop what’s happening and get her help.

7 Likes

This is a red flag of abuse please reach out for help!!!

3 Likes

That child that taught her maybe bieng abused by someone or molested ? I’d contact parents of those kids !!!

4 Likes

anyone ever think shes just exsploring her own body?? to say sexual abbuse strate away could lead to putting words in her head it may just be that another kid did show her yes its wrong talk to her rather than assuming shea bin abbused i was abbused from the age of six so dont want the comments haven a go at ne it may be so that others are right but at same time the comments may not be tell her if she wants to do things like thay she has to do them in privet as its not somwthing u do infront of others

5 Likes

Bring it up to her mother on where that’s coming from and also get her checked by a dr.

You call CPS and tell them what your step child said.

1 Like

Yikes … I’d be leaving the dad with his daughter then taking my child and dipping out till she gone .

5 Likes

Everyone saying “body exploration is normal” needs to read the entire post more clearly I think. Another child told this little girl to do it bc it’s a “fun game” she was showed. Only normal when doing it on their own. Not this.

It sounds like someone is being abused here and now that you’re aware of it as uncomfortable as it’s going to be these girls need you to help them please.

11 Likes

I hope and pray that something awful hasn’t happened to your step daughter… the majority of the time this is a tell tale sign that sexual abuse could be happening.

1 Like

I’d be less concerned about her doing in front of your daughter and more concerned what “friend” taught her this. You need to get to the bottom of that first because that throws up serious red flags.

9 Likes

Something definitely isn’t adding up. I don’t think another little girl would be like “oh touch right here, it’s just a game!” Sounds like some kind of grooming and abuse going on

5 Likes

This is what happened to me when I was younger. I was sexually abused. PLEASE report this and take her to the doctor.

1 Like

Kids will do this, they are curious and ultimately it feels good just like it does for adults. However I think you need to sit down and have a calm talk with her and tell her if she does it she needs to do it in private. Also you could calmly ask her if anyone at her moms touches her like this. She may open up a little. Please don’t punish her though. She really doesn’t know any better.

3 Likes

Called it a game?!? Def something fishy I would be worried about someone. I mean I explained things to my kids super young and never called it a game!

1 Like

It could be completely normal or it could be something really wrong. Kids that age are discovering their bodies but at the same time it could be a sign of abuse or something else really wrong… Definitely talk to her mom about it and see if she’s doing it there too and all that. Explain to her WHY it’s wrong to do in front of little sister but also EXPLAIN that her body parts are not to be touched like that in the way she’s doing it and when she’s doing it…

2 Likes

So this is normal as children are trying to figure themselves out and honestly you shouldnt be disciplining her over it because she doesnt understand yet. Buuuuuut with that being said, take her in to get checked out… she could have an infection which could be bothering her privates and here your giving her trouble for it. Take a breath momma it happens and dont think the worst right away. Obviously go rule those things out to make sure shes safe but take things one step at a time before giving her hell. :slight_smile:

That is a sign of sexual abuse. Please look into this further!!!

5 Likes

I don’t think this is normal behavior for an 8 year old. Either something needs figured out between you and her mother and father or you need to take her to the doctor to have her properly checked and ask the doctor how to approach this behavior.

Children discover themselves which is totally normal. However the comment made about it being a game is a huge red flag. Punishing her for this will not help but cause more damage. Talking to her about the importance of privacy and her body would be helpful. And how she is an example to your younger daughter and how important it is to be appropriate. Definently talk with her. And talk with her other parent… Calling CPS on a premature circumstance could be more harmful then not. I would talk with the little girl further and her mother. Together. And then decide if CPS is appropriate.

6 Likes

Sounds to me like somebody has done something extremely inappropriate to this child!! I had first hand experience with this working as a daycare assistant and private babysitter. This child is sending up red flags everywhere. Is she referring to it as a game, this is what she’s been coached to say… to hide the fact that something is going on. Have her seen ASAP !!! This poor child thinks this is ok. All children touch themselves as a way of exploring, but this is excessive. I hope to figure it out soon. Please keep us updated, so we all know she is alright!! Good luck

34 Likes

Seek a counselor ASAP, I would report to child protective to investigate, they can come talk to her while she’s with you and then go look into the other home. I would be concerned with abuse or neglect. I would want to make sure I was sending her back to a home that was safe and the child was supported and reporting could put another set of eyes on the home.

4 Likes

Ok first of all a referral to CPS needs to be made immediately! A lot of states can charge you with a misdemeanor failure to report! Although it’s normal for kids to touch themselves, she’s doing it excessively!! She’s disclosed to you that another child taught her this! Jesus, how is this even a question?! Call her custodial parent have a discussion and tell them what your doing.

6 Likes