My stepkids destroy my house and belongings

I think you have a husband problem!

9 Likes

Your kiddish husband! Dump him, there goes the bada__ kids!

5 Likes

Tell your husband to parent his damn heathens or gtfo!

Pack ur stuff & leave IF ur husband cannot make them treat u with respect. They are not going to stop running over u until ur husband makes them. Leave for a few days see if he tries to fix the problem & ask u to come back… ur husband needs to know u have had enough. If that doesn’t work… leave for good!

3 Likes

Sounds like he’s the problem not the kid

2 Likes

If the husband won’t back you up then the kids will never change. BYE FELICIA :v:

4 Likes

Sounds like they’re just following their dads behavior….

5 Likes

At 11,16 they should be doing chores. Privileges taken away! It’s your home lay rules out…
Tell husband to get on board or step out…

4 Likes

I have Zero tolerance for him and his kids. I would leave. Run for your life :ok_hand:,

2 Likes

There’s definitely an issue between you and your husband that needs to be addressed. You two need to get on the same page or the kids will never stop.
How’s you relationship with their mom? I was lucky enough that my stepdaughters mom and I were able to coparent together and the kids weren’t able to get away with things like that. If you guys can do that it would definitely help the situation.

5 Likes

Summer is coming,save up and give yourself a break and stay in a hotel when they come,let the husband see the picture, if they don’t tore the place around him, then clearly they’re doing it to trigger you and out of disrespect. From there you can make a decision whether to stay with your no supportive husband or leave, seek therapy as well ❤️‍🩹

4 Likes

If he showed more respect, they would. It sounds like the problem is stemming from him.

1 Like

16 and 11 yrs old? Call for a family meeting and lay it out for your hubby and the kids~!

2 Likes

Sounds like your “husband” is the root of the problem

4 Likes

The husband is the issue. The kids are taking his lead and you deserve better.

5 Likes

Lock up the toys. Tell the hubby if he wants house cleaned while they are there he can do it

He’s definitely sounds like a douche. Can’t expect his kids to act any better if he acts that way.

4 Likes

Time to ship off the hubby with his kids. Those are your husband’s children and his responsibility not yours. Time for him to step up to the plate and control his brood. Time to put your foot down HARD.

1 Like

Honestly sounds like you need to set some boundaries with your hubby somthing tells me that’s not going to work though I feel like you already know what you should do. Good luck hope it works out.

Take the keys with you and let hubby clean up after them on weekends

Pack your stuff into storage and find a place to live. It’s time to file.

5 Likes

Get divorce papers drawn up…and where it asks what the problem is in the marraige…put it in large print…he can face life alone or he can correct his children…ps…leave the papers on the kitchen table for him to read…

3 Likes

Oh wow. With all do respect, FcK them kids and their daddy. :woman_shrugging:t4: move your stuff out. Since he refuses to enforce that they respect you and your home, he can deal with them alone. NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

6 Likes

MINE , IS ,
Please, Thank you
They want clean clothes, they will wash them I suppose. “ Hey kids I AM DONE doing your clothes.
They will have to learn how to wash em / or wear FLITHY ones I’m sure their friends don’t wear. Hey compliment on their friends nice threads”
STIKE ! REVOLT .
DONE STOP. KAPISH

IF YOU STOP DOING IT FOR THEM ,
They do for themselves or they can do without. He their Dad can tell them responsibility of their own belongings.

They leave FLITHY dishes you eat at work .
Suppose someone will feed themselves and clean up the mess or shit no room to cook with your FLITHY dishes ??

If they want a free / clean / love and care and not RESPECT you enough to be thankful for a roof over their heads
Fuck em and put your foot down your crib not theirs they are the guest not you .
Respect is earned not given.
Care for my things and clean up after yourselves or don’t bother staying here stay will their mother for having unfit living arrangements in your hope while they are there and your are not raising their children for your home and things to be treated like shit ! ! !
DONE !!!

That is what I would be doing and if drugs and or alcohol are involved at times you are fucked
IF you don’t fight to be respected in your own fucking home
They show feel not welcomed to be there

That’s me been there with 4 year old/ 7 year old girls my steps and we had full time pretty much
:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:
7 years I served in hell with him and his no help and they were princesses the Fuck they were we want nice to shit From me you will show respect or stay at your mothers place and they did spend more time with her
Until they learned it was a give and talk friendships not a life sentence.

But that just me :blush: good luck

Stay Calm tell your husband not the kids, let’s work together and find solutions, get counseling if not all fails you need a rethink about your needs and this is what you want and how you are accepting being treated?

Set up cameras and don’t let them know then show your husband.

4 Likes

Have a family meeting. Let everyone have 5 minutes or so to speak. When it comes to your turn. Let them know your not dealing with this disrespect anymore. But you might find out what the problem is, why their acting out at your house and not their moms house. Respect goes two ways if their not showing you respect do not show them any. And do by all means take your keys with you do not allow them to destroy what you worked hard for

4 Likes

Have him get a hotel for visits

2 Likes

I have a blended family and my bonus son acts like that well used to now it’s not as bad but it was causing alot of issues between me and his father.His bio mom let him do whatever he wanted so he had no respect for anyone.It took me and his father being on the same page and I mean 100 percent of the time.We talk about every move we make with him so we both know what’s going on.Sadly to say it’s not ever going to change until their dad is on your side and I mean completely.Kids see when parents don’t agree and they feed off that.They have no respect for you or your home.If they see their father doesn’t why would they.Im sorry your going through it and I completely understand but it’s not going to get any easier until their dad is willing to back you up or unless you stay some place else while they are there and you remove everything you don’t want them touching and then tell your husband it’s his responsibility to clean up before you get home.GOOD LUCK

4 Likes

You lay the law down! Don’t let them play or go online until it’s picked up. You are their mother also! An 11 year old, that’s normal lol, but 16 should be more respectful! But he needs to demand they respect you! You are number one! He’s not teaching his kids to be good spouses someday by disrespecting mom!

2 Likes

There mom might be telling them to do this to make your life hell!! Knowing her ex has no spine.

1 Like

Look up the nacho kid method

1 Like

I would tell the husband that till him and his kids can respect the house and respect you as well, that they are not welcomed.

Even tell him that he needs to start supporting you or you want a divorce because him and his kids have no respect for you or even for their dad.

7 Likes

Talk to the kids about picking up their own things…shouldn’t really an issue…if they don’t leave it. Hubby may figure out you have had enough disrespect and either back you OR the kids. Your choice at that point…not worth it in my book…absolutely no disrespect! You cannot teach them to be decent adults when you have no help. Farm kids learn very early it takes everyone to put in the time not just kne person doing it all…even if you are a stay a home mom…you need your down time too!

How are they setting fires???

Honestly, this sounds like your husband disrespecting and disregarding you and the kids see they can get away with this behavior, because their father not only allows it but examples it. I say the real problem lies with your husband and unless you and he can work it out and he steps up then you may need to consider leaving him.

12 Likes

Take the side by side keys with you. Don’t clean up after his kids. Let them leave and then tell him ok, you get to clean up after your children since you didn’t make them help you - it’s alllll you.
And make yourself an exit plan because wow.
PS- I called the mother when my SD started this BS. She flipped out and it’s been better.
I have no shame in my game so I sent photos and screen shots just in case dude tried to change his story.

6 Likes

Kick them out, husband included

8 Likes

My husband custody order sounds a lot like yours and we would have the kids 2 weekends a month and then bam all spring break and all summer. And it never got easier. It’s hard on everyone when they go from barely being there to bam everyday for 3 months. I’m wondering if you’ve ever had a good relationship with them? Have they been this way the whole time?

1 Like

Stop cleaning up after them. They’re old enough. If hubby says they will do it later, let them. Hold him accountable and stop cleaning up after them.

7 Likes

Sorry but I’d be gone! No respect from any of them. Those kids are not babies their more than half grown. Oh hell no…I’d sit the Dad down and tell him this stops now or I’m outta here. Their probably trying to get rid of you and I would save them the effort… bye bye brats!! :woman_shrugging:t3:

15 Likes

Send them and dad packing

7 Likes

I have the same issue with my daughter… shes 11, if we get mad at her like we did tonight for searching up SEX on my c
Laptop she goes and distroys something. She has done unimaginable things, things people honestly dont believe. She is supposedly working with a psychiatrist but he blames my son. When its HER its all her. She doesnt live with us because of her distructive behavior, but still to this day does anything she can to distroy the house.

Hide the keys to the side by side first first of all. Act kinda mad like u don’t know, like u have no idea where they are. Then some how he needs to learn how to put his foot down!!! They are full grown kids. So put ur foot down too. This is ur house, they need to respect that. If they or he can’t respect that then all of them should go. Husband needs to make them respect u. So stay and put up with it, or leave and have no more contact with him

4 Likes

Sounds like the husband needs to step up . Also rules need to be made and you both need to agree 100% . Although they’re biologically his , it is your house too ! And they need to respect it and you as well . Seeing as they are 11 and 16 they should know to respect adults especially those who feed clothe and put a roof over their head . A serious conversation is in order with you and your husband as well as the kids .

2 Likes

Your hubby doesn’t respect you so the kids see it. This why they treat you like that. So talk to your hubby.

4 Likes

Kind of hard of your husband is against you might be time to divorce

2 Likes

DIVORCE
Neither you husband nor his kids respect you

5 Likes

crack down on them
boot camp time
take away EVERYTHING.
MAKE them clean there stuff up evemnif u have to stand there and watch them. step child or not they would not be doing this. hellll no. dont take no shit from them. take the keys to ur 4 wheeler with u to work or w.e u go so they cant ride. it. wme they leaving arounfd hrow away and if they ask where it went. oops it wasn put away thought it was trash :woman_shrugging:t2: h
i got a step kid and i dont take no bullshit from her. or the bitch mom.

crack down on the kids or don’t let them over anymore till they learn how to Act. fuck that bs

hubby dont like it he can go too.

Get rid of them all who needs this shit??? NOT YOU FOR SURE

Make ur husband start cleaning up after his kids that way , he will have more of a understanding

2 Likes

So this says these are his step kids as well?? Like wtf seems like a weird thing …but I dont know the underlying situation…if I was in that situation I wouldnt let them come back …nine years and they still treat you like that :thinking:

2 Likes

Your husband doesn’t respect you so the kids don’t, if he’s not willing to do anything about their behavior then there’s not much you can do…he is the parent and the law to them, they are following his lead, he allows it so your just the bitch Step mom to them…the harder you try to get them to do stuff and be respectful the worse it will be come…they are rebelling against you…you are the enemy to them…its clearly being done on purpose. If your husband won’t back you then might want to reconsider your marriage.

It sounds like you have an extra child not a husband. Sorry babe.

4 Likes

Tell them to ALL leave… Your better off on your own

1 Like

Respect & help or him & them would have to go

Don’t clean, don’t buy chips, soda, take battery out of side by side, and spark plugs!

10 Likes

They’re your husband’s kids. Tell him you’re not cleaning any more of his children’s mess & stick to your guns. At 16 & 11 they’re old enough to clean up after themselves & also old enough to do their own laundry, etc. You don’t need to be a maid for either of them.

If your husband complains then remind him they are HIS kids & it falls on him to parent them, including teaching them how to clean up after themselves & do chores. I’m amazed that you say he can kick up a fuss if the home is not cleaned up before he gets home but he doesn’t fuss while his children are creating a mess right in front of him while you’re away :confused:

6 Likes

Look, those kids treat you that way bc they’re allowed to. Your husband doesn’t care. Period.
Do a staycation, just pack up and for a whole week stay at a hotel, don’t go home for any reason even if he begs you to. 7 days and 7 nights away.
One of two things will happen, the house will be destroyed and he’s going to apologize and ask for help or it’s going to be destroyed and he still doesn’t care. One of those things will help better your marriage or you can choose to leave for good.
If that week away doesn’t do anything you can either put up with it with a smile on your face or realize you deserve better bc your husband clearly doesn’t care how anyone treats you.

4 Likes

Boot your husband in the teeth and make him and the kids sleep outside, don’t even care about a tent… He’s being disrespectful and is teaching them the same, he probably talks shyt behind your back too.

3 Likes

None respect you, put your foot down, and tell him it’s either you do something about your kids or I’m gone

5 Likes

Umm leave. What do you mean your husband has a come apart on you? He clearly has no rest for you so those kids never will either.

2 Likes

Put your foot down on your husband since they don’t listen to you and you are getting all the negative reactions put on you!!! Fed Up

I went through this with my ex. We have been apart 10 years now. His son and mine are the same age. Both were 26 at that time. He lived with us most of the time. And so did his girlfriend. They told people that I refused to cook dinner for them because I asked that they simply let me know if they would be there so I knew how many to cook for. He had 2 grown Rottweilers and she had a grown Doberman. They thought nothing of leaving the house and the dogs with me. The dogs were allowed to pee on things in the house and I was the one ridiculed when I said something about it. Mine lived with us for a short time, too. But the rules were not the same. There were double standards. My son was expected to pay rent, his wasn’t. My son was expected to help around the house, his wasn’t. I found out later he complained to his new girlfriend (that’s why we broke up) about how terrible I was to his son. What a bitch I was. She saw through the truth real fast. I hate to say this, but if your husband won’t do anything now, he never will. Evaluate your happiness and proceed with that. Things probably won’t change.

Sign them up for summer camp . Go volunteer in a soup kitchen. Take them to volunteer with you. In other words, stay busy away from the house as much as possible, so that they won’t be there to destroy it. Take them skating, bowling , movies . Places outside like the park. Take a picnic. Go fishing. Go hiking ect…

Why does your husband take them if their not even his kids? I’d put my foot down. Like others said I’d hide the side by side keys and not let anyone of them ride it! You’ll be out of that soon and a house if those brats are around any longer. None of them respect you at all.

2 Likes

I’d rather be on my own life is too short

2 Likes

Sounds like some counseling would be helpful. He doesn’t seem to respect you and you can’t have love without respect romantically. Hope this helps

1 Like

They don’t respect you and it sounds like your husband doesn’t either. If he did he would set down some ground rules for his kids and make them treat you with respect. If it got to the point your husband just takes their side every time then it’s time to leave. They can’t just destroy things that you worked so hard for. It’s not worth your sanity.

6 Likes

Um so you married this man after all of this was going on 6 years prior? Guess you get what you got. Not that much love in the world.

Maybe switch shifts.

Leave his ass, your man should always be supportive and understanding. Or at the very least listen to your concerns and come to an agreement. Respect from the children will not happen if their father doesn’t respect you either.

Yeah, I’d be hauling ass out of there. Sorry.

Write up an itemized list of everything they have broken, as well as house cleaning fees for their messes (get a video camera and show what they do) Then tell husband he has 2 choices, get those kids to act right or you will divorce and sue for services rendered and damages to your belongings.

5 Likes

If your husband allows it then it will never change. You need to get your husband on board. Maybe family counseling. That’s tough bc he probably doesn’t want to discipline them bc he feels guilty not seeing them very much but all he’s doing is making them entitled little brats. :woman_facepalming:t3: he needs to kick it into gear before it’s to late.

2 Likes

The husband is a child as well. Won’t put his kids in line. Your better off divorcing him and moving on with your life because your husband obviously sees no wrong in what those kids do and it will only get worse.

I guess I would leave when it’s your turn, let your husband bond with them. Time for you to take a vaca, maybe apt. for those times or family?

Sounds like your husband is trying to make up for the fact that him and mom are divorced and he don’t want to be the bad guy… which I can understand at the same time your his wife… he chose you … so there for there should be rules and boundaries and they should be enforced or… there are consequences… This really sucks… I’m sorry I didn’t catch or may have read over do y’all not share any kids? Just his kids from prior marriage

2 Likes

When my step daughter was being rude and disrespectful to me I told her to pitch a tent outside if she doesnt like my rules. Now I dont get any bs from her

Stop cleaning up after them. If they can’t wash their own clothes, then they won’t have any clean clothes. They’re definitely old enough to clean up after themselves. If your husband complains tell him it’s not your mess

3 Likes

I’m sorry you have to go through this I would have lost my cool ages ago and left.

So if your husband won’t give you the respect of helping you get his children under control and you’ve done everything you can and you’re at your wits end then me personally it’s time to go talk to their mother I would go over your husband’s head and I would call their mother and ask to have a sit-down conversation about the things that are going on in your house when her children are there and ask her to help you get it and them under control. Otherwise I don’t know what to tell you go on strike make it your husband’s responsibility to take care of the house and his children and you take care of yourself

4 Likes

Your husband is trying to compensate for the divorce, avoid conflict, or be a friend to his kids instead of a parent. Blending families is never easy and his kids haven’t accepted you. Until he behaves like a parent, they won’t.

You can try sitting down with his ex-wife to find out what chores they do at her home. Explain that you want the kids to have consistent rules at both homes. Make her your ally.

At 16 and 11, the kids can do their own laundry. Also find out how the ex handles dirt tracked into the house etc.

Stop letting the kids motorcross if they’re damaging the bikes. They clearly aren’t ready for the responsibility.

7 Likes

Here’s my advice, I don’t have kids but if you don’t want to leave and you want to keep trying here’s some thoughts. You and your husband need to get on the same page. Maybe try counselling so he can understand more about your needs. It also sounds like the kids have free reign at your house possibly because it’s the only time they get to be kids. Sounds like your husband wants to be the fun friend instead of a dad, maybe because he doesn’t get to see them much so he wants them to have a lot of good, fun memories at your place.
Your house is more of the fun house where they get to let loose. Does the mom do all of the cleaning at her house? Maybe they need to be shown how to clean.
Sounds like they’re acting out especially with the burn holes and random holes. Maybe analyze your relationship with them- do they know they are a nuisance to you? That will strain any relationship. Maybe take them out on the side by side and teach the 11 year old how to safely drive it. It also sounds like they need some tools on how to regulate their emotions. I bet their mom deals with a lot more than she lets on. If you’ve checked out on them, they have checked out on you.

Seven letters.
D
I
V
O
R
C
E

Hell to the nah, nah, nah. Hell nah!

5 Likes

So, he has the audacity to allow his children to act this way… and then in the same breath, chew you out for not doing enough house work?

That’s f*cking insanity. Stop choosing insanity.

13 Likes

Nope, I would put it all in the garbage. They clearly don’t care about their belongings so why should you. And your husband needs to grow a pair of balls and step up. If not nothing will change. What you allow will continue

Your problem is YOUR SORRY EXCUSE HUSBAND. Get rid off him and all the problems go bye bye!

15 Likes

How can you expect the children to respect you, when your husband doesn’t?

16 Likes

First off…sorry that you are going thru this. Second, I’m in the same boat. My bf has a 15 year old girl and 11 yr old boy. Except their mom let’s them do whatever they want and we are the bad guys. But we have them week on, week off. But they are slobs…clothes, food, drinks everywhere. Honestly I ignore it. At least I try. I push all the responsibility back on my bf because we’ve had discussion after discussion that I’m not their maid. I really don’t do anything for them. The only time I step in is if they are being a bad influence on my little ones. Ignore them and don’t let them have access to any of your belongings. Good luck!

1 Like

The husband and the kids would have to go!! I would not work come home and deal with this mess!!! Kids only do what they are allowed!! Husband had no respect for you!! He allows it he is the one responsible for it!! They would not destroy my home or my belongings!!! He would not disrespect me like that!! Get out or run him off!!

2 Likes

Get you an apartment, file for divorce, and let him have it…cause it will never change, it will only get worse…seems like your husband is just using you to clean house if he flips out if you don’t. Seems like he is only using you…leave .

3 Likes

Get rid of ALL of them! It will only get worse!

4 Likes

Take the keys to the side by side and your four wheeler and hide them. Hire a cleaning person because you doing it all is ridiculous!! I had a stepdaughter similar to this (not quite the extent, but same concept) and it was part of what killed my relationship with her father. Don’t let it drive you to being unhappy. It may be time to call it quits since husband has no respect for you or his kids.

2 Likes

If you are on talking terms with their mother I would suggest talking it over with her. Since it’s obvious who the parent figure is with those kids. But if it’s not then I can only say try your best to discipline them. Take away the WiFi, hide tv remotes, disconnect roku, hide the keys. Then when your husband asks where these all are just simply ask if the house is clean then you’ll give ‘em up. You’ll be at work so it will be easy to ignore him if he pesters

3 Likes

Your husband has to get with it here and actually make them do things. If he won’t work with you nothing will change. The only to change things is if you put your foot down. Leave or tell him if nothing changes then you are gone.

3 Likes

Id have to leave him fuck that and them kids period there never going to respect you because he doesn’t

Sounds like your husband is the problem.

4 Likes

You need to divorce him asap stop wasting your time he doesn’t need a wife apparently he needs a maid he can go hire one! The kids treat you like that cause he allows them too! You can do anything to change that unless he changes and it seems he won’t so don’t waste your time anymore. Do your self a favor and walk away. If you stay it will get worse the older the kids get and if you have kids together it’ll be worse. Value yourself enough to walk away. Best of luck to you.

7 Likes

The first step is to stop referring to your stepchildren as assholes. The second step is to initiate family counseling. Blended families are hard.