My tinder date let his dog on his bed: Advice?

I met this guy on tinder and things have been going great. we have gone on a few public dates and finally our last date was a night at his house…everythign was perfect…or so i thought until i climbed into bed with him and he LET HIS DOG ON THE BED AS WELL… this is so gross to me that i didnt even know what to say…he didnt even shoo the dog away…he just went to sleep with us and i honestly felt gross…in the middle of the night the dog laid in between us and i ended up getting up and going to the couch…he now things he did somethign wrong but hoenstly i just hate dogs and feel like they do not belong on durniture or beds…should i tell himt to keep his dog in another room wheni come over ? or call it quits?

1085 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My tinder date let his dog on his bed: Advice?

That dog was around before you and he’ll still be there long after you aren’t! Either get over it or move on!

18 Likes

Is this a joke?! He’s had his dog longer than you’ve been around and his dog is family to him. It’s not fair to ask him to keep the dog in another room just to accommodate you!! The dog lives there… you don’t! If you don’t like it find someone who doesn’t have a dog.

31 Likes

Let that good man and his dog go

11 Likes

If you ask him to put dogs up then he will sent you out the door my little dog sleep with me part of night he comes first .

1 Like

Call it quits. You’re a nut job. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

7 Likes

Im sure he’ll pick the dog over you

41 Likes

Just tell him how you feel and see what happens. Whatever if he doesn’t wanna date you anymore

4 Likes

Honestly you should not be with that man. You will eventually try to get the dog booted out. That’s his baby.

3 Likes

If I was him… your ass would have been gone. :woman_shrugging:t2:

He honestly deserves better. His dog is his baby and was there before you. If you don’t like it and can’t handle it….tell him. Better than letting him think he did something wrong, damn.

Do him a favour and leave him alone. Dogs are family.

6 Likes

Are you kidding it is the dogs home and I’d pick the dog over you I’m sure he loves his dog and just likes you

2 Likes

You’re not a dog person. Tell him so period

1 Like

If you don’t like dogs, you aren’t compatible with him. Let him find someone who loves his dog.

45 Likes

Red flag right there…. You’re the red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: that is.

18 Likes

In my eyes it’s like keeping a child In a separate room because you don’t like them. The dog was definitely around before you so maybe move on if you can’t except the dog

5 Likes

So if the dog sleeps in the bed, I promise the couch isn’t safe lmao. You probs slept right in it’s fave ball licking spot :sob::rofl:

21 Likes

People who don’t like dogs gives me instant red flags.

79 Likes

Pets are family your mean

1 Like

You better just call it quits. He’s going to choose the dog over most new hook ups or relationships.

5 Likes

Personally I myself would pick my dog over my boyfriend if my dog became a “problem”. he was there before you & will be there long after you.

8 Likes

Self centered much? Not your house. Not your dog. & damn sure not your choice where the dog sleeps. Hopefully he chooses the dog.

I think it’s gross too.
I’d break up with him

7 Likes

Not everyone likes dogs so I definitely dont think its fair to bash you. However I dont think this is the relationship for you. That dog shouldn’t be pushed to the side just because you dont like that. I think you should find someone you can relate to when it comes to animals.

5 Likes

Maybe the dog felt the same about you!

4 Likes

That dog is like his child. Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Call it quits because your clearly crazy. Never trust someone that doesn’t like dogs. Tf.

11 Likes

If you don’t like dogs, don’t date a man that has one.

30 Likes

Call it quits. Bc if you’re that petty he deserves better and the dog dang sure deserves better.

If someone I dated hated my dog I would tell them where to go… And it wouldn’t be my bed!

13 Likes

If someone told me my dog or cat wasn’t allowed on my shit… Byeeeee they LIVE there. You dont

This is a YOU issue lol
he had the dog before you girl…
you don’t get to come into their home and say what goes etc.

11 Likes

My boyfriend didn’t like when my cats slept on our bed so we got them a big fluffy cat bed and castle. He was happy, the cats didn’t care and I didn’t mind. Tell him how you feel and see what happens. Also PSA to the people who are being rude, people are allowed to have different boundaries/rules than you.

You should just call it quits and leave him and his happy dog be :fu:

6 Likes

I don’t think this guy is for you. I don’t care for dogs but still see nothing wrong with the dog in bed with him. Least he didn’t let the dog lick him in the mouth. Now that would gross me out. I do let my cat in my bed.

15 Likes

The reason he got a dog was probably because of a chick like you.

4 Likes

Tell him the truth…you are REALLY uncomfortable with the dog in the bed. You may not be truly compatible.

1 Like

Dogs Are More Acceptable To Me …I kinda feel that way when folks have cats. They walk in thier dirty litter than walk on the counters and tables

Dog lived there first honey get used to it or break it off but this isn’t a him issue it’s a YOU issue.

5 Likes

Call it quits. You cant expect him to shun is pet because youre uncomfortable. Find someone who doesnt have a dog

4 Likes

Maybe try to work it out.
That’s his baby.

Maybe see if the dog can sleep on the foot of the bed.
I love my dogs but I don’t like them on my pillows or where I lay, because of the dog hair and dirty paws.

So my bordercollie sleeps at the foot of the bed or between our legs.

But if you don’t and can’t accept and be nice to the dog. It’s probably time to find another guy.

Because if you guys are having to sacrifice things you love (or if he has to in this case) in the beginning— it’s gonna be toxic and just a red flag relationship :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Call it quits. You’re not worth it.

9 Likes

You 2 are not compatible. If you hate dogs why would you go out with a guy that has dogs? Neither one of you are wrong, just not right for each other.

1 Like

Talk to him about it and maybe he will be understanding and work something out about the dog.

Call it quits. That’s definitely on you. He shouldn’t have to put his dog up to make you comfortable in him and his dogs home!! You definitely shouldn’t have gotten with him if you didn’t like dogs lol.

3 Likes

Me laying here in bed with my cat on my pillow…. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I think you’re being a bit dramatic! The dog is like family and if you don’t like animals, you should find a man who doesn’t like animals as well.

4 Likes

You sound pathetic honestly… I understand there’s people who don’t like animals or what the hell ever but like how can you not?? You’re a big red flag and that’s just my opinion. That poor baby. You don’t deserve them. You should probably just move along.

29 Likes

He should call it quits. No one would get between me and my dog.

11 Likes

I don’t allow my dogs on the bed or furniture, but clearly he’s all he’s had so that’s his prerogative. He’s been there before you…. You’re a tinder date :wink: his dog is for life. So

4 Likes

Yes. He should call it quits on you.

5 Likes

What kind of people hates dogs? I’ve never heard such thing!

2 Likes

you aint gonna work sis

1 Like

My dogs will always be able to sleep in bed with me if they want to, they’re also allowed to cuddle with me on the couch while I watch tv. They’re my children. Should probably let potential dates know how you feel about dogs before wasting their time. GL.

4 Likes

I’d rather have a dog in my bed. Byeeee

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: if you cant make this damn decision without the internets help. I just. I dunno about the human race anymore :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Him and his dog are to good for you. He needs to set you loose.

3 Likes

He should dump you tbh :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I think the fact you hate dogs is a bit more alarming than the fact the dog was let in the bed!!!

5 Likes

He needs to tell YOU to go away. How disrespectful, fucking yikes!!

Whattttt theee fucckkk…

1 Like

Wow only a few dates and you are already trying to control things??

1 Like

That is pretty gross I don’t blame you. Seems like others are mad though lol everyone has a preference. Not everyone likes dogs in their bed. I love dogs but never let them in my bed. People need to get over it

6 Likes

Tell him the truth… We loved our dogs to…but never went to bed with us…we had pillows all over on the floor for them,…

Call it quits. Dog was there first.

5 Likes

Here’s your answer. 33 of them so far!

You hate dogs. What the heck is wrong with you? I don’t think he should date u. I can see not being a gig person but hate. He should stay away from you.

2 Likes

You need to call it quits. If you cant deal with a dog on the bed because its gross. You definitely need to walk away.He will choose the dog every time. And the dog will totally rat you out and let his person know you hate it. And every one knows if a dog doesnt trust you there is a reason. Walk away and don’t date men with dogs. Seriously.

1 Like

Get used to the dog since that’s his human and his home or call it quits.

1 Like

Hahaha… Girl get a grip! That situation is over and you sound ridiculous!

2 Likes

He should dump you. Doggo 1st❤️always.

4 Likes

Your being to hard. Most animal inside get on the bed. All mine. 3 dogs and 2 cats.

2 Likes

What do you expect him to do get rid of the dog? The dog was there before you and will be there after you.

5 Likes

Never come between a man and his dog. Walk away lol

3 Likes

Gross. Dogs don’t belong in a bed. Move on to someone who is more hygienic. I don’t care for dogs either … it wouldn’t be a deal breaker if someone owned a dog, but it would need to be kept off of furniture, especially the bed.

18 Likes

Doesn’t like dogs :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: x 1,000

21 Likes

Please tell him to keep his dog in another room so we can all laugh at you when you come back here and tell us all about how he told you it’s the dogs house too and you can get the he​:ice_hockey::ice_hockey: out! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Let a mf try coming into MY home and telling me my four cats gotta go anyplace :rofl::fu:

4 Likes

He should probably just tell you to get lost then cause if he has a dog before you came along his dog should come first that’s a part of his life.

1 Like

Call it quits or get used to the dog being in bed!

1 Like

I bet you anything he’s going to choose the dog over you lol.

4 Likes

If he’s a dog perosn and u hate dogs that much don’t think it will work out lol

3 Likes

You can’t expect him to choose you over his dog. His dog was there first, girly.
It’s okay that you don’t like dogs in the bed or in general… Just don’t expect him to get rid of his dog for you lol. It won’t happen. My husband used to let his cat sleep in the bed until I finally told him I have a severe cat allergy and woke up with an asthma attack. I don’t like my animals in my bed either so I get it… But damn.

Call it quits if that’s a deal breaker for you. We have two dogs and they sleep on our bed :woman_shrugging: my partner had a dog before we got together and I made the extra effort to bond with him . Probably helps that I’m a dog person tho.

1 Like

Call it quits so he can find someone better

6 Likes

That is horrible! I cannot believe that. you were right in feeling gross and sleeping on the couch because that’s where you should sleep. Next time take it to your own couch so that this poor guy doesn’t have to see you again. He’s probably great and you ruined it with your hater dog being :relieved:

2 Likes

Call it quits cause you’re judgy af.

1 Like

Snuggled up to my own fur ball…give him my number please :smirk:

2 Likes

Well…that went wrong quickly…and I get it as an animal lover…

The dog lives there. You don’t. I’d leave before YOU get hurt. :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

Dogs are loyal. Unlike people

The same rule applies to dating someone with kids

If you don’t like the dogs then, don’t date someone with a dog.

1 Like

Call it quits HE deserves better. Imagine announcing to everyone you weren’t raised right. Clowns make an average of $51K/year, and you’re out here doing it for free.

2 Likes

You’re the problem lol

1 Like

You’re probably so fun at parties.

3 Likes

He should call it quits with you! His house, his dog, you kicked to the curb.

2 Likes

You got some nerve seriously. The dog was there before you an will be there after you cause seriously acting childish like that is disgusting I feel bad for him :100:

1 Like

Quit. That’s his dog. You’re just a date.

1 Like

When my husband and I started dating he had 4 dogs. Every night at least 2 were in the bed. Max of 3. If I would of told him I didn’t like the dogs I would of been gone.