Needing advice for cradle cap

What is good for cradle cap?

6 Likes

Baby oil in bath water water use soft baby brush massage scalp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take some baby oil and rub it on the scalp, then gently come it out. Make sure not to be too rough when combing, because it may cause the scalp to bleed. Don’t ever pick the cradle cap off of the scalp, as that could cause scabbing

1 Like

Breastmilk or coconut oil!

1 Like

Straight baby oil is all I ever used

We used aquaphor. Rub it in their head and brush it out. It work like magic on my daughter.

We had to switch shampoos! Nothing else helped. Aveeno is all we can use or by baby’s skin dries out and is scaly.

I used virgin coconut oil

Put some baby oil on it and let it sit for 20min then gently comb it out with a baby comb. Then rinse and wash. My son had it bad and this was the only thing that worked.

3 Likes

Cradle cap comb from farmers! After bath! Does not take off the hair at all! Got rid of my boys really bad cradle cap in two gos after months of me using other things!

Baby oil, coconut oil… limit hair washing with shampoo to once a week but wash with warm water daily. Brush the scalp. I added a little baby powder to the bristles before brushing also

Breastmilk and a very soft toothbrush

baby oil, coconut oil, Cetaphil baby wash and shampoo

Our doctor recommended a medicated shampoo for cradle cap, baby oil and a tooth brush. Our daughter had it extremely bad and we did the method one time and its gone. You put baby oil on their head and let is sit for 15-20 minutes. You then take a soft toothbrush and make their hair a little wet and put small amounts of the shampoo on the booth brush and scrub lightly in circular motions. Works and my daughter didn’t mind it at all. She didn’t have much hair on the top of her head and weeks after we got the cradle cap off she had tons of hair!

We used Happy Cappy that I bought at our local Walgreens.

1 Like

aquaphor! put it on before bed, let it sit all night and comb it out the next morning

Baby oil works amazing! Let it sit on there for a few minutes then brush through! Wash hair couple times after

Our doctor recommended dandruff shampoo. He said that cradle cap is essentially baby dandruff. And just like regular dandruff it is a build up of dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria so the shampoo will help break it down. It worked wonders for us.

1 Like

I used Dr.Bronners Pure Castile Soap and it worked great for daughter. Only took a couple washes and it was gone.

The one time my daughter had it I used an exfoliating facial wash cloth I bought at Walmart for $2 and her normal dove wash. Never came back

Coconut oil/olive oil/baby oil …or goats milk soap…then use a soft infant brush to gently scrub away

1 Like

For my daughter I used the baby oil gel and combed through and didn’t get her head wet or wash the part with it and it went away in less than a week

Flea comb. Sounds stupid but it works great. And you can get them at Walmart for like $1-2. My youngest has wicked cradle cap because he will not let us wash his hair :unamused:

I just shampoo as with a good long massage and then use a dry baby brush and it just comes off a treat x

Brush baby’s hair alot.

1 Like

Baby oil and comb through it

1 Like

Baby oil and a fine comb… put oil on it and comb it out.

1 Like

I always gently brushed my sons hair while it was wet and it went away. You have to be careful though because you can break the skin open.

Coconut oil and a fine tooth comb. I combed it right off. Noticed a difference in the hair growth immediately after the follicles weren’t covered.

My daughter had it. After I wash her hair ( she hardly has any but I still wash it ) I use the Johnson and Johnson shampoo plus conditioner. It’s mixed together. After that I rub baby oil on her head in the tub while it’s still wet. It helped a lot

Leave baby oil into soak and gently comb with a nit comb

I tried everything for my baby. This is the only thing that helped and I only used once a week

1 Like

Coconut oil and a lice comb… I use nitty gritty but feel the metal will be too harsh… Try a plastic comb. Then wash a couple of times to remove oil x

Baby oil and a baby comb after a tub put the oil let it sit for a few mins and gently comb the hair. It’ll take a little bit (week or so) before it’s completely gone. If anything you could always call the doctors and get a special cradle cap shampoo

I used olive oil for both of my girls . Leave in for a few hours and then give the hair a good wash .

We used baby oil and lice comb

Mustella makes a really great cradle cap shampoo.

Dandruff shampoo, let a thick paste of it sit for 5 minutes and it will wash away.

baby oil and a baby brush my youngest was so bad the doc gave us a shampoo to use for it thankfully insurance covered it casue it was about 200 bucks though

I used baby oil and what I had on my hands I would rub the arms legs face. It was like giving them a massage.

Dandruff shampoo use a small amount on spots with washcloth and rinse thoroughly

My pediatrician used to ask me does it bother him or does it bother you. If it bothers you nothing they will get better and picking it can leave scars. Of it bothers them baby oil or baby lotion and use the hand rubber brushes at bath time. It bothered me not him and his went away pretty fast.

3 Likes

Baby oil and a soft baby brush. I brushed in small light circles. Usually took two times to completely get rid of it all. Careful not to use to much baby oil.

9 Likes

Make sure it’s actually cradle cap. My daughter had what I thought was cradle cap at 2 weeks old. Turned out to be psoriasis. That’s treated differently than cradle cap.

Baby oil. Rub it into the scalp with either a baby wash cloth or a baby brush then give the baby a bath. Just repeat till its gone. I usually let the oil sit for 15 mins to half an hour to make sure it soaks in really well.

I used mineral oil and a soft rubber baby toothbrush. But it did make my daughters hair super greasy. As long as it doesn’t seem to be bothering your baby, I would just leave it alone. My daughter finally grew out of it around 1 year!

1 Like

Coconut oil. Lather coconut oil on the spot, let sit a few min then wash away with baby shampoo using the soft baby sponge/comb the hospital should have provided. Wash in circular motions and rinse away.

1 Like

Castor oil is amazing it flakes right off but do NOT brush it out. Such sensitive fresh pink skin underneath. Rinse away when you bath them and use a facecloth. Let it do it’s thing . Your see it lift right away

Baby oil or olive oil and a comb or baby brush. Not a big deal. All my kids had it. Some a bit longer than others.

Breast milk, just get some and massage it into the hair or on their head and LIGHTLY brush it with a soft bristle brush. Worked for my son within a week it was completely gone

My son had it bad. I used olive oil and let it sit for a few mins then gently combed thru his hair w a baby comb and washed his hair. It all came up in huge pieces.

No biggie, just gently massage with your fingers or baby brush during bath. My son had it so bad it took months for it to completely be gone!

When my 19 and 20yr olds were babies, I was told to use baby oil:) then swirl into scalp with a baby brush then rinse out

2 Likes

If it’s really bad watered down head and shoulders and tooth brush scrub

2 Likes

Time. Some coconut oil rubbed in can help, but honestly it goes away eventually and isn’t worth the hassle imo.

2 Likes

Baby oil comes in a gel! It’s way easier to use on cradle cap… i think!

Put baby soap on his/her head for 30 minutes. Then use your fingernails to gently swirl around and loosen it up. Rinse with warm water and repeat in a few hours if needed

Tea tree oil, and I would leave it in from wash to wash. Also helps older ones with an itchy scalp.

I used baby oil (years ago) like I was told to, and my daughter thick, beautiful, black hair fell out— all of it… came back blonde :flushed:

Olive Oil. My son had cradle cap. Your baby will smell like a salad but it works!

1 Like

Do not use coconut oil it clogs the pors more. The best way is baby oil and a baby comb. My youngest is two years old and she still has patches of cradle cap. So I comb threw with baby oil and a baby comb after a bath.

1 Like

Petroleum jelly all over the head a thick coat , rub it in good , then comb out the dry skin , this cured my daughters cradle cap right away it literally all combed out and was gone… never came back either

Coconut oil works wonders for cradle cap. My 17 year old son still has issues with something similar still yet.

Rub gently with olive oil and comb out with a small toothed comb. It works brilliantly. x

Soak in baby oil overnight. Fill her hair full. Use soft brush next day and it will come right off.

We used mustela with a cradle cap brush. Those took care of it.

1 Like

A hair stylist told me to put baby oil in for 30 mins before bath and then brush after bath.

1 Like

A little bit of head and shoulders mixed, baby oil and baby shampoo, let it sit a few minutes and rinse.

I used coconut oil and massage my daughter scalp with a cradle brush . And. She doesnt have it. No more

Baby oil and a soft brush and then I would use a fine comb

Baby oil with aloe and a fine tooth baby comb

Wash daily and use a silicone brush under warm water to loosen it.

Put coconut oil on it.

I used coconut oil and a comb

Maybe some conditioner with a soft baby brush

Baby oil soaked in the soft brush

Crush 2 disprin tablets add to some baby shampoo rub on to scalp leave for a few mins repeat once a week the salicylic acid in the disprin lifts the cradle cap coconut oil rubbed in between treatments too

I tried everything and what actually worked was 2 nites after baby bath I used baby oil and used comb with teeth brushed through it and gone was amazing make sure to leave oil in through the nite

how old is the child?

Baby oil and use a soft bristled brush

I was told olive oil…though it would make them greasy

2 Likes

Ask the Pharmacist . They will know

1 Like

Dollar Tree has creamy baby oil. Works great

Baby oil and a soft bristle brush or rubber baby brush. It worked for both of my kids :slight_smile:

I massage baby shampoo and brush it gently with a soft brush and it comes away :slight_smile:

Coconut oil and a soft baby brush

2 Likes

Baby oil on a gentle toothbrush

I used baby oil over night.

Creamy baby oil and soft tooth brush

Baby oil and baby brush

Let sit in over night and give the baby a bath the next day

Baby oil does nothing but makes my little girls hair greaZy lookin

Beegone cradle shampoo from amazon!!!

Head and shoulder’s regular

Baby oil and a soft brush or Aquaphor

Coconut oil or olive oil.

Skin so soft bath oil

We used this. Found at Target. Cradle cap was gone within a week

2 Likes

This worked fabulous for my son. After every bath i made sure i brushed his little hair. Took awhile for it to go away but his cradle cap is completely gone.

My baby had it really bad and I tried all the things people are telling you to do. I bought CeraVe Baby moisturizing lotion on Amazon and used it 3x a day for a week and it cleared up. My baby is almost 2 and any time he gets weird rashes/spots, I still use this and it helps. I made a review on Amazon and here are my pics I posted.

Eucerin aquaphor ointment :ok_hand:t4: