Needing pros and cons about Santa

You can celebrate the magic of Christmas without Santa. The real issue will come later like when he’s in school and other kids are getting excited about Santa. Your son will either ask you why Santa doesn’t visit him. Or he could potentially ruin the Christmas magic for other children by telling them Santa isn’t real.

I will say how you are raising your child is your choice. I wasn’t the parent that was a coddler either and now that my kids are grown, I wish that I was. You can’t get it back. Let a child be a child. In today’s society they are forced to grow up too quickly. Let them enjoy their few years of innocence. Santa is not going to alter your child… it isn’t going to hurt him… do you teach him about giving and being kind to his friends on birthdays? Because Christmas is birthday too… the reason for the season.

I have always done Santa for my kids, as well as my nieces, nephews, and cousins, but I taught my kids that it’s not the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas is about 1 thing. Celebrating the most precious gift that this world was ever given. I taught my girls that believing in the magic of Christmas was a special thing. That if they believe in the magic of Christmas, it means they are kids, and being aloud to enjoy the innocence of being kids. I also taught them that Santa doesn’t bring expensive gifts, but he brings joy into their hearts.

what do you believe santa is. is he a real person who comes down the chimney or an expression of the spirit of giving that is christmas. tell him the story of st nick and tell him about the joy and peace that christmas and santa represents.

He’s a kid. He should be treated like a kid not an adult.

1 Like

Let him be a kid. Believing in Santa was one of the most exciting times in my life as a child. Yes it will still hurt his feelings once he figures it out later in life. My oldest is fixing to turn 11 next week and I will continue to let his little heart and mind be a child and believe in Santa. I know at some point when he gets older he will understand and I will tell him then

It’s about having faith, don’t take this away from him. He will have so many questions when in elementary school and the other kids say Santa brought me a new doll or a new truck and he’s like why didnt Santa bring me a new truck or what ever I was a good kid.

Dont be that parent that takes away the innocence in a child.

7 Likes

way too much emphasis on the “P.C.” way of thinking is it really wrong to allow children, 1x a year to have fun and believe that there is a magical belief in the Man in the Red Suit…i always told my kids its all in what u believe, and xmas is in your heart…ket them be little

I told my daughter around 7yrs old that tooth fairy ain’t real thn she cried and cried…that was a sad moment. Wish I let her believe in magic a little longer. She would’ve figured it out herself eventually.

I totally understand the conflict with losing a parent this time of year. That being said we do Santa and as much as we weren’t in the mood as adults we didn’t want to ruin it for the kids. My children are spaced apart good so about the time one gets told about “Santa” we explain that since the younger one believes to not say anything and to just watch how they react. The first time my husband saw the expression on our kids faces when Santa left them something that changed his thoughts on doing Santa.

Let him have Santa! It’s about way more than bribing him to be good. For us, it’s about faith. Believing in what you can’t see. Also, it’s a bit of magic in a child’s life before they have to face the tragedies of life.

9 Likes

My father told me about Santa when I was 5…he didn’t want me to hear about it at school. I was crushed…part of the magic of being a child is that absolute belief in things unseen…I am 72 now and I still regret it. We had a policy of telling our children as they got old enough to actually ask and understand. Then we allowed them to be our helpers in setting things up for younger siblings.

Tell him Santa is only till a certain age but do not worry - thats what i was told and it worked out for me - no lying -

I fully believe in letting kids be innocent as long as possible. In our house Santa isn’t necessarily about being naughty or nice, it’s about the magic. My daughter is 7 and she still believes. It’s fun for her and beautiful to see. I have a second on the way and will continue to do Santa but I know for my older girl the magic will soon be coming to an end and when that time comes I plan on taking her to the side, perhaps for a special lunch, and explaining that Santa is special for younger kids and that it is all of our job to keep the magic going because I know her heart she wouldn’t have wanted anyone to ruin it for her. That’s how my parents handled it and it was wonderful for me and my younger sibling.

To me it’s just letting them be little as long as possible! My kids weren’t heartbroken when they found it. They both said we kinda knew all along lol. To each their own but we still do the whole Santa thing for our 10year old autistic grandson and he loves it!

Santa was a real person - a Turkish monk who delivered toys to a local orphanage. Also paid dowries for girls who were orphans. Modern Santa represents giving for the joy of helping others.

I found this on someone else’s page, maybe it will help with the decision making.

We did Santa with all three of my son’s until my youngest found Easter eggs in the closet and I had to tell the truth about it all. It wasn’t traumatic so I’ve no regrets.

Children need a little magic in there lives and if the believing in Santa brings magic into your family lives the so be it we have to grow-up to fast these days he or she will find out the truth soon enough magic keeps the magic alive your not lying to him or her your just keeping things magical

We never did the whole “Santa,Easter bunny” thing and my kids turned out just fine. They knew where their gifts came from and what the true meaning of these holidays was about.

My personal opinion, I believe kids should be kids. In today’s society children are being forced to grow up so fast, both physically and mentally. If you don’t believe it, drive by a junior high school and look and the kids! Im 46 and when we were in JH(11-14yr) we looked like children. Nowadays, that same exact age group, can EASILY pass as 12th grade up to even college sometimes. They dress like they’re grown, wear hair & makeup like models, have mouths like sailors, etc. The true “childhood” span you have with your children has become even smaller than it was when say my kids were little or when I was a child, etc. Kids are only little once and only for a very small time, make the very most of it! Do some get upset finding out Santa isn’t real? Yes, occasionally. But not near as many as that enjoy the many, many years of believing, hoping and waiting for that fat man in a red suit to bring their most desired toy and leave it under the tree each year :slight_smile: let them have that dream for just a few years while it lasts, it’s totally worth it. (P.S. even my Jehovah’s Witness son-in-law finally agreed to let my grandbabies celebrate Christmas with me when they turned 3 and he’ll tell you seeing their reactions was all the convincing he needed. He may not believe in it, but he respects the fact that his wife and I do.) *sorry so long lol

1 Like

Remember Susan from “Miracle on 34th Street”? Her mother didn’t want her to have ANY fantasy in her life! How sad was that? She wasn’t a very happy child.:disappointed:

Its not lying to say santa is real js. He was an actual person that actually brought kids presents. they are young and full of adventure. When i asked my mom if santa was real she told me yes, hes the spirit of christmas. We never got huge items from him as a kid he brought us a stocking and one present

My opinion on it is to have him believe. They are children and they shouldn’t have all there innocents taken away from them. Giving him hope that there is good in the world. They need that. It helps when he or she looks back and say I had a great childhood. He will then see that the innocents and positives of the world. There is too much hate in the world, between bullies, shootings at schools and people who are racist and disrespectful and dishonesty. I have 7 kids. They have been threw horable things. What is wrong with giving them something to believe in? And when they got older and asked me about Santa, I told them that it isn’t necessarily a person but a feeling of good and love and sharing to love one another and faith in humanity. It’s to believe in a better life and to give and support your fellow man. I love my children, and I give it to them straight, but that is the whole point in teaching them that there is good in the world. I can’t stand by and not teach them that it is good to help others. That they can be and show compaction to others. I raise my kids to love one another and that it’s not ok to be rude or disrespectful to others, not to call someone names and be the bigger person and walk away, but at the same time if u try to defuse a situation and someone still has the audacity to hit you, then you have every right to defend yourself and knock them on their butts. I hope this helps you. Innocents of children helps them to be affectionate and have faith that there is good in the world.

This is just an opinion of course. Santa is just a way of saying it’s ok to lie to you, for countless years, but don’t lie to me.
It’s better for children to know that you are the one giving the gifts so that their expectations are realistic and they are grateful to the appropriate person.
If you’re not into this year, maybe just get a tree and exchange gifts with your child. Have him make you a gift and try to revel in his excitement. The holiday is for kids and their excitement anyways.

all children need dreams

1 Like

Santa is so magical. I wouldn’t think of it as lying. I have 3 grown kids and they never said omg you you lied to me. My youngest was told by another child Santa wasnt real bc that family didn’t do santa and it ruined it when she was little. Again santa is a magical experience for the kids and it does teach kindness. Read them the origin of santa will also show them how kindness from one person is where santa started.

I’m 37 and I still believe. Yes parents being most of the presents but it seems every year there’s one that we didn’t put under the tree. 4 years ago on Christmas Eve my husband and I saw what we believe was Santa in the sky.
For us it’s not a lie, we all believe.

You really think a 3 year understands about everything you decribed?

Only a kid once why not let him believe!! It’s only 5/6 years max that he’ll believe the start asking questions… just think the majority of everyone’s life they’re an adult dealing with reality make childhood as fun and magical as possible I say!!

My sons are grown. We didn’t do it for them or our grandbabies. There are Things to consider. 1. How stupid do we think they are? 2. What happens when you go through hard times at Christmas or other kids get better gifts? Santa is unfair? Goodness! What is the thrill of lying when someday they will need to know the truth about things like drugs and if you have lied to them before why would you not again!

Let kids be kids now asays kids are growing up to fast …my grandson is 3 on feb 1st thid is 1st year and yes we will be doing santa thing these days arent like old days now adays 12yr olds look like they are 18 and technology taking lot family time togetherness away and traditions

I agree, Lisa Hyde​:clap::two_hearts:

All I have to say is that if u DO tell ur kids PLZZZZ tell them NOT to ruin it for the kids that DO BELIEVE :+1:t3::blush::woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Santa in our household is different. I don’t tell my kids (8 & 7) about the “naughty or nice” list, I don’t say “be good or Santa won’t come”. They know Santa is to get everyone in the holiday spirit and they know that Santa doesn’t bring expensive gifts, but gifts that’ll help them learn & grow and things that they need. Santa has many versions of himself and means something different to every family & he has helpers, which usually includes parents. Basically, I make Santa as simple, easy & as realistic as I can so when that time comes when they find out Santa isn’t real, it won’t be a huge disappointment. Because I tell them santa has a lot of helpers, they’re wanting to donate toys to become one of his helpers.
I do the same for the tooth fairy, easter bunny, etc. They’re all simple and easy as possible…

It’s the magic of christmas it’s not a lie, make a small gift from Santa and the rest from you, this also leads to him knowing that you work hard for anything he gets at christmas x

9 Likes

What I told my four year old is that Santa is a story. It’s fun to have traditions and stories, but that doesn’t make them literal. Christmas is about family, love, and giving.

I told my daughter , when she was very young, like barely talking , that Santa was not real. I did it because I also, couldnt fathom lying to her. But I INSTANTLY felt like I had made a mistake and INSTANTLY glazed it over with some rambling bs about the spirit of christmas and how we are all santa and santa is us :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth: it got stressful for a min. But now she is 8, and still says she believes in santa. So either I explained it away and the spirit of chrishmas idea worked great or she has blocked out the trauma from me telling her Santa is not real. :santa:

8 Likes

I agree with above he’s a baby still as children they only get so long to enjoy these things, before becoming an adult. Its obviously been a hard year for you but I think you should let him believe in it. My son is almost three and he is so excited for Santa to come.

6 Likes

Maybe instead of making Santa a person, you could explain Santa as an idea. The idea to do something kind for someone, without expecting anything in return. Like all of us are Santa. We’re always watching, seeing who is nice or not. We see things they want or need, and selflessly give. I had to explain the real meaning of Christmas to my kids not that long ago. And I did so In a way where they understand not to ruin it for the littles around them. This may be a little grown for a three year old. Good luck, I also think it’s completely understandable for you to not feel it this year considering your loss. Happy holidays y’all :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Let him believe in the spirit of Christmas. He is way to young to sort this out. This is such a magical time for our children and this is only about your feelings. Let him be a child, they grow up way to fast.:blush:

My best friend didn’t get to experience Santa growing but her husband did. She decided it was something she wanted her children to experience so she started a Santa box it is a special medium sized box they leave out on Christmas eve and Santa will fill it with a few special things but the things her kids really want come her and husband so that her children know how hard they work all year to give them the want which makes them appreciate it more. I on the other hand go all out for my children because that is just me. You could also do the something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read from Santa.

1 Like

My view is simple-- Do you believe in Santa Claus? I do, so it isn’t a lie when I tell my kids he is coming to make our holiday magickal. I know I wrap and hide the gifts, but I dont do it without an extra something, that holiday spirit–Santa Claus. In time, my children will learn that they have such magickal powers, too, and it will be a beautiful way to spread kindness and good will. It’s not so much about ‘not being bad’ as it is about ‘being good and kind.’ If you believe in that something extra this time of year, I think it’s fine to name it Santa Claus. :santa:

But if you dont believe in that something extra, that’s totally okay, too. :heart:

This article may help? Is It OK To Lie About Santa And The Tooth Fairy? : Parenting: Difficult Conversations : NPR

3 Likes

I used to tell my kids Santa was a fun idea that people made up, like make believe. That was fine until my oldest was in grade one and came home from school saying she wanted to believe in Santa Claus because friends at school did :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I didn’t want to do Santa with my son but my husband insisted. However my son figured it out when he was five because he’s a smart kid and it just didn’t make sense to him. I had always told my husband that if our kid asked I was not going to lie to him, so I told him the truth. We talked about the real Saint Nick and father Christmas, and I told him that it’s a secret so don’t tell his friends. I figured it out when I was six and Christmas is still Christmas, Santa or not.

It’s honestly your call. I decided that clothes and small, inexpensive things are coming from santa. But bigger purchases are from mommy.
I worked in a preschool and I had one kid who only got clothes for christmas from santa, when other kids were getting tablets and other big things and it broke his heart saying hes sorry for being bad the week of christmas and hopefully next year santa will bring him something other than clothes.
That’s my reasoning.

3 Likes

In all reality, it is up to you. Santa for me is an idea, what the Holiday is about. You can always tell him about the history of Santa when he is old enough to understand. But again, it is all up to you. Don’t let others make you feel bad about your parenting choices. One can believe in magic and fairies and know Santa is not real.

3 Likes

We don’t do Santa in our home. The kids watch all the Christmas shows, and understand that it is all fantasy. Yet, we have also had the discussion that it is not something to be discussed around mixed company, because of how it could cause hurt to another person.

1 Like

We don’t really use Santa as an incentive to be good. It really is just another fun holiday tradition for our family.

2 Likes

Yes! Let him believe! It’s the spirit and magic of it all. Let him have wonderful memories of Santa, and Christmas! Believe me, they grow up so fast, and stop believing, and it seems the magic is gone. Let that little boy believe in something pure and innocent. Jmo though…

7 Likes

We explain that everyone is santa. Not just one person.

Its up to you. I personally dont wanna talk bout santa or any that kinda stuff to my son and thats my decision :slight_smile: up to you mama

Let him be a child and believe in santa.

1 Like

This is a silly question. Hes 3. Its selfish. Lmao!

7 Likes

Why take away a child’s innocence and imagination. Having something to believe in at such a young age is magical. Heck, I even pretend Santa is real even tho im going around buying presents.
Christmas is meant to be a magical time with twinkly lights and everything feels right with the world.
Let him believe til he is ready not to.
Too many children have their innocence taken way too young on other things, why add Christmas to the list. Nothing better than seeing my children through the years have their face light up seeing footprints in the living room and believing a jolly man has left them presents for being good all year. Too many parents wanting credit for buying expensive gifts nowadays

12 Likes

Why is this a thing now? Parents needing the validation that they bought the gifts. Your kids dont understand the concept of money either way so why ruin something magical and special they get for a short time? As for the lying to them I personally find it ridiculous. You’re not lying to hurt your child you’re making them imagine and wonder. You’re being selfish

15 Likes

I did the whole Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy thingie with my kids. It was actually so much fun for us and for them! It was part of our family traditions. Even now that my kids are 15 and 18, they still want to do Santa and Easter Bunny! I never did it in terms of Santa isn’t going to bring you gifts if you’re not behaved. We’re Christians so I did it in terms of Santa and the Bunny were angels who brought them gifts to celebrate Jesus’ birthday and resurrection.

2 Likes

Simple Let him be a kid for a while
They grow up too fast

I grew up not believing in Santa. It didn’t ruin me or cause any mental health issues. But it did take the fun out of some things. I decided to let my kids believe until they decided not to. My kids don’t feel lied to. I would go all out. Leave notes, footprints in ash from the fire place, all kinds of things. It was nothing more than allowing their imagination to flourish. My kids are 16, ,14, and 8 and if you were to talk to the older two they would tell you how much fun it was and exciting for them. As a mother it’s your call. You won’t harm your child one way or the other. It’s a matter of preference. I raised my kids to know the true meaning of Christmas and it’s not about getting but giving. So if they want to believe in an old fat man in a red suit giving children gifts, let them. And if they don’t, let them.

1 Like

When my kids are acting out, I tell them I’ll call Santa and tell him (instead of saying santa is always watching. That’s creepy lmao).
Then i have an app on my phone to ‘call santa’.

My husband felt the same way. Feeling like he was lying to the kids. But we started doing a small present from santa and the rest from us. My kids ended up believing so hard even without us telling them, that we tried telling them he wasn’t real and they argued with us :joy:

1 Like

I grew up with my dad telling me he was santas assistant and he bought the presents to help santa out. So I wont outright tell my kid hes not real for fear he’ll ruin it for those who want theirs to believe but the presents he get will be from those who bought them. santa is responsible for making sure he gets them on the day with the magic of Christmas and a tree being set up but the gifts are from his family :slight_smile: hes 3 too and so far isn’t a huge fan of the man santa when hes met him.

maybe skip a year like you said and see what you and him are feeling next year. on one hand, your son may feel upset when other kids are excited about Santa. but that’s completely up to you. waiting a year does sound like a good idea, and maybe if you see he gets interested and excited about Santa from Christmas movies and other kids, then maybe just let it fly until one day he questions you about him being real, then tell the truth.

I understand not feeling up to it because of your loss but don’t let that cross over to your son. Using your imagination isn’t lying to him so get that thought out. Your son needs you to enjoy the spirit of Christmas with him. See if you can find a counselor to talk to about your grief. That should help too!

1 Like

Honestly my opinion why take that from a child yes its imaginary but kids have imaginations all the time because they are children who are innocent and you don’t sugar coat anything umm hunny he’s a baby NOT A GROWN MAN he’s innocent why take it out on a child because you don’t like something but that’s me I wouldn’t want my children to grow and never able to have a good imagination they are still kids now as they get older kids do grow out of it but let your baby be a kid

7 Likes

Oh dear…let your children be children for goodness sake some of these advice posts are getting ridiculous now!

1 Like

As far as cons and pros for a con when he starts school he may tell other kids Santa’s not real( if you choose to take that route )and for a pro you’ll never have to have that awkward sit down with him and explain how Santa isn’t real . Santa was real at one point that’s why we have the idea of Santa now and that’s how I plan on telling my daughter how there was once a man who gave out presents and when he pasted away parents kept his spirit alive . Just an idea on maybe a way to tell him if you decide to .

1 Like

I have never told my kids either way all the presents only have their names on them not who they are from

As if this world hasnt taken enough of our childrens innocence already. They are only little once.
And as for the Santa talk, I waited until my son started to question it, then I sat him down and asked him if he was really sure that he wanted to know, because it would change Christmas as he knew it. He said yes. I told him Santa is not real person, but a cloak of sorts. (We are a Christian home so he knows what Christmas is really about) "Santa gives us a chance to do for others without people knowing it was us. We can give to loved ones as a surprise, or those in need without them being embarrassed (we are from a really small town) Now that he knows the truth, he must not tell the littles, and he must help carry on the Santa tradition to others. Every year he buys (with his & my money) gifts for people who would otherwise not have a Christmas, and delivers them anonymously. It makes him happy and gives him the sense of joy that we feel when we see our babies so happy. It teaches him that giving feels just as good, if not better as receiving. I dont feel like I deceived him by allowing to believe in Santa. I think I set the groundwork for a young man with a huge heart that loves to help others.

3 Likes

This is something I’ve thought about, too. Because if you start the lie then when do you stop it? Plus we’re Christian and I don’t want “Santa’s not real” to turn into a crisis of faith. I don’t want there to be no magic and joy in my son’s life, but isn’t there plenty of real magic in this world to show him that’s a lot better than “fat man slides down a chimney that we don’t have to give you stuff.”

I personally think every child should believe there is magic in this world and Santa is like magic. To grow up believing that there is good in this world, that magic is real, especially at a age so vulnerable. I don’t believe in taking that from a child

3 Likes

Yes vergina, I believe in Santa Clause… santa may not be the cartoon America created. Santa is the spirit of Christmas. We were poor growing up and me and my three brothers slept on the living room floor when it was to cold to sleep on the porch. One christmas “santa” rolled over my head with a bike. That helped me understand who santa was and what he "my mom " does for us. Let him believe for now and when he is old enuf to understand, tell him who santa is. Santa is real, just not the guy on coke cans…

Personally I do not think parents should lie to their kids about Santa.
parents work hard to provide a Christmas for their children why should their gratitude go to some imaginary non-existent person?

I was brought up believing in Santa and raise my kids that way as well. My oldest is 12 and has mentioned to me that she knows the truth well I also have a 4 & 7 year olds who still believe so in my case I tell my girls you only get extra presents if you believe. My 7yr old is smart and has classmates that try to tell her he’s not real but again I tell her that just means they won’t be getting an extra present and to ignore them. I fell bad for those kids because this is part of the magic of Christmas. I also don’t let Santa take credit for the big gifts either and Santa’s present is usually a toy they’ve also been wanting.

1 Like

I always told my kid’s “In your life there is a Santa” I didn’t lie, we were Santa… They tell their kid’s the same now. A little magic is needed in the world we live in now more than ever…

Hes 3!! Santa or not, hes going to have a great day. I’m sorry for the loss of your dad, that’s extremely sad and maybe why you’re feeling so down. I’d let him have santa. It’s only a few years. I’m an atheist and have a 3 year old and she will get santa till shes old enough to figure it out, and then I’ll just tell her. Im also big on explaining and I dont sugar coat things. But I think it’s unfair for my daughters to miss out on that little bit of magic at Christmas time. Santa it is until she says, “mum…I know your santa! Stop fibbing” like my 21 year old did when she was 9…lol #mumlife
#dosanta
#itwillbefun

I don’t see it as taking anything from your child . Kids naturally have an imagination being honest with Santa isn’t going to take their WHOLE imagination away . The women on here are thinking to deep into it every body is entitled to their opinion so I’m not coming out anyone for saying keep the spirit alive that’s cool you feel that way but to make the mom feel like she’s robbing him of his childhood is just dramatic . And I think it’s dope you don’t sugar coat anything ! That’s not in anyway treating him like a grown man your preparing him ! What’s wrong with this world is people being trolls and having to much feelings for the wrong shit being honest with your kids is not the problem here . Do you momma :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Explain the myth and tradition of Santa claus and that it’s like a fun game of make believe

My parents told us from day one that there was no santa, Easter bunny, tooth fairy etc. I wish they hadn’t done that. I wish I could have experienced the magic along with all the other kids. That’s all it is for them. Innocent magic. Something that brings them wonder and amazement and most of all goddness. When they’re older then you explain what Santa really is. But please for the love of all things let him be a kid. There isn’t enough magic left for them anymore in this world. It’s more cruel, more dangerous and more evil then ever, don’t take away one of the last magics left.

There are ways to enjoy the story and magical myth of Santa without lying about it.
You just explain it as part of the history and traditions. Then let your kid decide if they feel it’s a ‘waste of time’ or not.

I’m fully on board with not lying to my kid, and keeping her included and informed…
She did choose to believe in the magic, to enjoy the traditions. She has full understanding that Santa and the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy and etc are “not real”, that they are Fantastical stories parents tell our children to bringing hope and magic and fun into their lives.

She loves the shit out of it.
She loves the ideals and magic surrounding it.
She knows but fully embraces the traditions and enjoys them for the fun, magical childhood stories that they are.
We don’t go overboard, Santa gifts come in the stocking and are small or useful toys or items.
Santa never brings the big gifts or trips.

Santa is just fun.
It’s good for them. Ya know, to have traditions and imagination.
To believe in magic… To believe in good people.

In the end your the parent and whatever choice you make is what’s best for your family. There are a lot of people and religions who don’t participate and their kids are just fine.
I just know that it was a lot of fun as a kid, and even after I was old enough to know none of this was “real” I still enjoyed the story and traditions, and while I didn’t embrace the idea of lying to my kid, I didn’t also want to rob her childhood of enjoyable traditions and holiday fun, so like everything else, we explained, included her thoughts, and let her decide how she wanted to spend her childhood and she choose Santa.

PS Santa was a real person, a good man who did wonderful things for children, so much so that people eternalized him in stories that evolved into magic sleighs and reindeer, so it’s not lying anyways, it’s story inflation.

If you don’t mind buying everything yourself and telling it’s from some Fatman do it , I have six kids and I never told them there was a santa , they were told the truth , they all turned out great

I lied to my oldest about Santa. When she was 5 her father slipped up and told her Santa wasn’t real. It broke her heart, not that he wasn’t real, but that I had lied to her. Never did I try the Santa crap with my other 2 kids. I taught them some people are different and it’s not their place to tell their friends. Never any issues and my kids KNOW they can trust me. Same for tooth fairy and Easter bunny, I didn’t give my kids fairytale characters to believe in. I gave them the non-sugarcoated truth. I don’t regret it at all.

Magic fairytale toothfairy and Santa. Its all for imagenation. Get something small from santa like shoes or christmas outfit or just even a ball. Its good for children to have some imagenation. Adult use it in day to day life to imagenation what to do if someone is attacking you or imagenation how pap will taste with pumpkin. Its important to have a child develop imagenation

He is a child… Let him enjoy and believe in magic…fairys…and Santa…
In this world he will grow up fast enough… Enjoy this time and let him be a Child…

3 Likes

Let him believe. N let him be a child that believes in something… It’s hard enough when we grow up