No one offered to throw my a baby shower

Currently 32 weeks pregnant with my second baby and no one has offered or even asked if I’m going to have a shower/sprinkle. I wasn’t able to have one with my first baby due to Covid restrictions. It’s been a rough pregnancy. I’ve suffered from high blood pressure the whole time, found out my husband was having an affair the whole time, and now my dog of 12 years is on her death bed and I’m trying to help keep her comfortable until she is ready to let go. My first pregnancy wasn’t a picnic either. I had cancerous cervical cells removed prior to being pregnant with my first and wasn’t really suppose to be pregnant at the time, but it happened. All the tests came back abnormal but the doctor wasn’t able to do any invasive testing because of the baby- so I spent the whole pregnancy terrified and alone due to the Covid restrictions. I don’t mean to complain because I know so many have it harder but I’m just hurt that no one offered to celebrate my baby and me after everything that’s gone on. It’s not about the presents. For once, I just want to feel like me and my baby are celebrated.

167 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. No one offered to throw my a baby shower

Nothing wrong with throwing your own

1 Like

I didn’t have 1 with my second baby

1 Like

Throw your own little get together!

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to throw one for yourself, maybe ask a close friend or family member like hey do you want to help me plan a baby shower… I’m sorry that nobody did it first though…I hope you end up having one :heart:

4 Likes

Throw your own. No one owes you anything in life, if you want to…. YOU make it happen.

3 Likes

I through my own, it’s no big deal.

I’d do your own. Unfortunately I never did get to have one and we have 3 kids.

1 Like

My advice too, throw your own and invite others.:heart:

1 Like

Most people don’t “throw” baby showers after the 1st baby. If someone chooses to, cool. But you can’t really just expect it.

5 Likes

Oh babe :sob::sob::sob: I would throw you a party so quick. I’m sorry things are so hard for you lately.

5 Likes

All babies deserve their own shower or sprinkle have one ask your mom to help she would be honored to help you

Have your own or ask someone to help

I threw my own. Otherwise I wouldn’t have had one either

1 Like

Weird that you expect someone to throw you one. Put it on yourself :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Throw your own. Don’t wait on someone else to do it for you. I am sorry that nobody has planned one for you. I know how bad that hurts! :broken_heart:

Aww I’m sorry! I sure would throw you one to celebrate your little blessing and if course mommy! Wishing you the best!

Throw one yourself! I’m planning my own baby shower as I thought that’s what was meant to happen…

I wasn’t going to have a baby shower my first baby due to COVID but threw a little get together, and it was astonishing how many people came to help out. Sometimes people don’t always realize that you want things like a party, but are willing to help any way you need.

1 Like

I hope you get one!.. Everyone deserves a baby shower to celebrate the birth of their baby. .
I’m praying that someone comes forward for you. Ask your Mom or Grandma to help plan one.
Congratulations! And blessings for you and your little one…

3 Likes

I would throw my own!

I threw my own that’s what you should do

Stop complaining and throw your own party. You’re expecting too much. I wouldn’t want that pressure as a friend.

11 Likes

Never had one for both of mine :woman_shrugging: didnt worry me

Throw your own. That way it will be the way you want it.

1 Like

I thought the appropriate etiquette was to ask someone to throw a shower for you. Maybe they don’t realize.

3 Likes

I have never heard of only having a baby shower for the first baby. You celebrate every baby with a baby shower. I had 3 babies and 3 showers.

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad… I haven’t really been celebrated since I was 15 besides my mother and my 4 children. They make me feel special for mother’s day and my birthday. No one attended my 3rd and 4th child’s baby shower. A few people for my 2nd child’s baby shower and only one person for my 1st child’s baby shower. People will either celebrate you or not but the important thing is you’re loved by your babies. Good luck!

3 Likes

So have a welcome baby after baby is born and your ready to have visitors

1 Like

Sometimes we have expectations of people because we think they care like we do. You have to stop. It’s hard but you will find out who does care. Don’t expect…

2 Likes

My cousin is having her second baby and already 3 showers are coming. His family and her family and friends from work.

Ask your mom, siblings or a close friend.

1 Like

Did you leave your hubby?

I’m sorry. I didn’t have a baby shower either. My friend told me I should have a shower for myself :rofl:. She just wanted free food & an excuse to leave her kid. It wasn’t my thing to throw a party for myself. But if you want 1 maybe you should. Just a suggestion.

I didn’t get one for either of my kids.

You’ll always end up with a broken heart when you expect ppl to do things the way you would want them done
You could throw yourself something also, you are worth celebrating and you dont need to justify wanting something to anyone

3 Likes

Have your own or message me your Amazon registry!

4 Likes

my fiancé’s sister threw me a baby shower 5 years ago and now i’m currently pregnant with my 2nd baby. my fiancé and i are throwing our own co-ed baby shower next Saturday.

You have to not expect any thing from people today. I sorry for all the sadness you had. Terrible what your husband did. Please start praying to the Lord, he is there for you at all times. Just pray and give your kids so much love. Try shopping at a kids resale store for the baby clothes. The prices are always so reasonable. I will pray for you. Ask to friend me and then you could vent to me.

I might come of as abrasive when I say this but, maybe throw your if you really feel the need to have one or make an online wishlist of things you need and share it with family and friends . Have a luncheon or brunch and hang out with friends if you are feeling depressed or lonely. Talk with a close friend or relative if you feel the need to vent. Never a good idea to bottle things up. Visit your county mental health center if you are struggling with the stress of things. Never a good idea to alienate yourself from people who may care. And sometimes we look at things the wrong way and make ourselves feel badly from our own thoughts that we struggle with daily. May you get through this hard time and have a healthy and happy baby.

I had twins and had to plan my own shower. Which barely anyone came to because of a snow storm. But what makes it worse was they didn’t even send gifts they said they had. These were my first kids and I learned a valuable lesson. I matter to no one but my parents.

Other people are supposed to plan them? I thought you were supposed to plan them and your friends plan things like bachelorette parties and surprise parties.

I had a baby shower for my son but not my daughter

Why are you expecting people to treat you that way?

Have you thrown anyone else a baby shower before? Have you put effort into reaching out to others and celebrating for them as well?

It seems that people do for those who do for them. If you’ve never hosted for anyone else don’t expect that in return. Where are your family and friends? How close are you to them???

Just throw your own party and invite people. Don’t expect too much from people but don’t pity yourself either.

2 Likes

Create your own and post a registry here or fb. I would love to send you a gift

2 Likes

Organise one yourself :slightly_smiling_face: nothing wrong with that :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I organised my own :tipping_hand_woman: my work colleagues threw a little one at work, but my family orientated, I did myself. For my second, I just did gender reveal and I organised it and my mum did the cake/gender reveal.

I never had a baby shower or a wedding shower.

What about your fmily!!

My mother in law threw me a huge beautiful baby shower. She literally thought of EVERYTHING. it was the most amazing party ever. And I had one friend and my sister show up. That’s it. I called my boyfriend and his friends and had them come over because there was so much food and drink and games going to waste. I would have rather bought some cool baby things instead

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying and am disappointed with these comments. It is a big deal to have a support system and people to watch out for you. Every year on my birthday I am celebrated at least 3 birthday dinners, from my coworkers, then my friends, and then my family. I couldn’t celebrate this year on august 17 and my family waited until sept 4th to celebrate me. That is a beautiful thing and I wish everyone had that. Unfortunately, not everyone does and you have every right to feel the way that you. Yes, you can throw one yourself but that’s not what you asked. You want to feel supported and celebrated, rightfully so. What if you do throw your own baby shower and no one shows up? It will make things a lot worse for you emotionally. The best advice I can give you is to take self inventory. Are you there for others? Do you make time when you are invited to celebrate others and do you go out of your way once in a while when you are needed? These things are important as they help cultivate healthy and loving relationships with others. I’m not saying jump at any and all invites but I’ve seen friends that don’t invest in relationships first hand and then wonder why no one shows up to celebrate their achievements and milestones. This is just a thought as I have little information. Next is talk to your husband and try to get 2-3 people that you trust and depend on and have a nice celebratory dinner. Ask your husband to coordinate it fir you. Let your wishes be known to him that way you take control and know that your little one will be celebrated. I am sorry you are going through this and I hope it all works out for you.

1 Like

I did my own.
In my family you only get one for the first baby which I find absolutely stupid but it is what it is.
In reality can’t just expect people to do for us. So we have to do it ourselves.

I had a baby shower for my first but not one for my other 2 which is normally a sprinkle. Family threw me a shower and then my husband who was my boyfriend at the time his family threw me a shower all for my first born. Im really sorry u never got to have a shower everyone deserves to have at least one. Id say talk to family or close friend and see if someone wants to help u plan one and then throw one how u want it to be. If u don’t do that then maybe after the baby is born throw a gathering/ party or BBQ or something as a welcome baby party. Good luck! I hope u get to have something to celebrate u and baby.

5 kids and never once had a shower :woman_shrugging:

Having a hard pregnancy is really tough especially when you have been cheated on. That happen to me with my first child. I’m sorry your going thur so much. I think a lot of people are missing the point bout this post and they are only focusing on the part about you wanting someone to throw you a baby shower. I understand why you want someone to. I know I wanted a shower because I felt lonely. with everything going on you want too feel loved and special and that’s totally okay and NOT SELFISH. Anyone that hasn’t been thur what your going thur has no right to tell you what they would do or want because honestly they wouldn’t really know what they would want or what they would do until they have been thur it themselves. If you have a good relationship with someone in your family you should tell them how you feel just to get it out and off of your shoulders because holding things in when you’re stressed will only make it worse .

Some people don’t think you need a baby shower when you have other children

2 Likes

I threw my own with my first :woman_shrugging:t4:

I threw my own and I created a registry of the things I wanted/needed. My sister and my mom helped but I planned it. No one ever offered me a baby shower lol

I understand the feelings & emotions of wanting to feel celebrated and supported. It’s hard to not have some celebration to your life. I have had many of birthdays where I try so hard for friends with nothing in return, just a text. I had such an amazing group of people come to my baby shower, but will say only two friends came. They are like family. But none of my friends that I went out with every weekend & were constantly with came. It was disheartening. My boyfriends friends came and supported him, but I felt so alone!

If I was there, I’d throw you one in a heartbeat!

Well it’s normal to have one for your first: but it’s a new thing to have one past your first:
I personally think you have most the items from your first child and probably don’t need a second one. But that just me .

1 Like

I just threw my own baby showers. Cause fu** em, thats why.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that. I have three kids and only had one baby shower for my first. I did everything for my first baby shower and my ex mother in-law helped too. The next two kids no one offered anything… it’s sad cause I wish I had a better support system.

All these negative Nancy’s.
Momma where you at? I’ll throw you a baby shindig.
It doesn’t matter if it’s your first or your 15th, pregnancy sucks, but the outcome is amazing and you deserve to celebrate every milestone and have someone there for every downfall. Y’all sanctimommies need to go have a seat.

3 Likes

If your comfortable to send me your address I would be happy to send you a little something. :heartpulse:

1 Like

I did my own. I think a lot of people move on from or don’t prioritise old traditions as much these days. But if its important to you and you want to share this moment with your family, maybe reach out to someone your close to and ask them if they’d mind helping you arrange something. No harm in asking.

Oh my heavens. You have had quite the ordeal. No suggestions on the shower. Just want to acknowledge all you are going through :heart:

Voice your concerns to friends and family and not fakebook

Out of 3 kids I did not have one shower. Frankly if you want one that badly then either throw it yourself or ask a friend or family member to help you with a shower. My opinion is they should happen after the baby is born and recovery because many babies are 10 lbs or more at birth and newborn clothes don’t fit.

Have your own shower and eff all these old fashioned ladies who still stuck in the 70’s. Modern day means you can do whatever you want!

2 Likes

Seriously after you have your second child you don’t have a baby shower cuz people think since you have a child you would have some things left over.

Do u have family…sisters…friends???:flushed::woman_shrugging:t6:

i know how you feel. i’m due with my 4th baby and have never had a baby shower or sprinkle. my mom through a welcome party after my second baby was born but no one we invited showed up or responded and that was before covid.
it sucks cause for me people don’t even have to bring gifts, i just want to celebrate the new life.

1 Like

I planned my own :woman_shrugging:

Please create a baby registry on Amazon and post the link! If half the mama’s gave one item to help you, you’d be set for little bit. LETS SHOWER HER YALL!

8 Likes

I threw my own baby shower for my second. Ain’t no shame!

1 Like

I’m so sorry no one offered my mom just assumed she was throwing mine put the whole registry together and figured out all the details

1 Like

It’s sad, no one offered to throw you a shower.

But most people would think you have enough baby stuff from the first baby.

And most people bring the new baby a gift when they come to meet the baby after it is born.

I hope things get easier, better and happier for you.

I wish you well.

3 Likes

:pray:t2::persevere: I have been their it’s going to get better start praying and talking to god girl I promise life will change for the better I promise

Maybe it will be a surprise party.

1 Like

So throw ur own and invite ppl

It’s your second baby. No one knows if you need anything if you don’t tell them. They probably assume you have everything from the 1st. Not really anybody’s responsibility to offer :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

being pregnant does not make us the center of attention of the world, if you want a shower to celebrate your baby do it yourself

9 Likes

Honestly both my pregnancies I felt like a damn teenager having kids. I was 24 and 27… And my oldest was before COVID. I didn’t have a shower for either one. No one cared with either of them so. We never did a gender reveal party or anything just some phone calls and texts

If some one wants to give you a gift they will buy baby something when its born surely not have a party before I think it’s a cheek myself🤷‍♀️

1 Like

UK based here. Baby showers are quite a new concept here. Obviously we’ve adapted this from our USA counterparts. When I had my children 17 and 15 years ago, there was so consideration or even thought of a baby shower… and yet my children are loved by everyone just as much as if we’d been thrown a party for them prior to their birth.
Basically, it makes no difference to the health and love of your child. They won’t know or even care probably. Concentrate on YOU celebrating your new arrival
That’s all that matters

6 Likes

Plan it yourself. It’s 2022 girl. Do what you want

4 Likes

I’ve had 5 babies and not a single baby shower
I felt same way I would have loved one

2 Likes

Please do not minimize your pain/feelings/trauma because “so many have it harder”. You’ve been through a lot and you and your child do deserve to be celebrated. Throw your own party. Ask someone to throw you one. Make it happen. If no one will participate, then find a way to celebrate for yourself. Get a special treat you’ve been putting off because of everything going on.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry girl, you and new baby deserve some attention. Maybe throw your own?

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14558 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper52.pages.dev/

2 Likes

maybe they assume someone is already doing it for you?

Throw one for yourself.

so throw one urself :woman_shrugging:t2:

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14558 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper82.pages.dev/

1 Like

So throw it yourself if you want one.

Do it yourself! I’m pregnant with my second… 3rd if you count my step daughter. And this time it’s a boy. I ended up throwing one on my own because no one offered. I wasn’t even going to, but my husband felt that since we’re having a boy it would be worth it. You don’t need to do anything elaborate if you don’t want to, but I’d definitely suggest throwing one and sending out those invites! I did some on fb, some through text, and mailed others. At the end of the day, I’m glad I did it, you probably will be too.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper98.pages.dev/

The world isn’t TV, everyone isn’t thrown a baby shower… Try not to take it so personally.

4 Likes

I never had one either was too depressed to throw my own