Not sure if I want to have more kids because I love my son so much, how do you decide?

I waited 7 years to try for a second and I was never able to carry past 6 months,I feel awful that since his Dad died almost 7 years ago he will never have a sibling to help him when I pass . I’m an older Mom and wish I had tried earlier. Please think about it.

5 Likes

When I went from 1-2 I was nervous I wouldn’t love my second as much as I did my first because the how I felt about him was unimaginable. But the truth is I loved the second just as much the moment I felt the first kick .

4 Likes

I’m so undecided. Just when I think I’m ready for another my toddler wilds tf out and stresses me to where I’m like nope, gotta wait til she’s like 4 or 5 and not as hormonal crazy like she is now. When she’s good I think I can handle another, on her bad days I’m SURE I don’t want another lol

5 Likes

My kids are 10 years apart and I love it. I got to spend so much time with my daughter and when I found out I was pregnant she was so excited. It’s also nice to have her be old enough to understand that my time has to be shared and it’s absolutely not an issue. I get to experience teen things but also the joys of getting to watch my little man experience everything for the first time without missing some things to a closer aged sibling bc I’m to busy to see it. If that makes sense :grin::heart:

2 Likes

I didn’t decide my 1st 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th I have how ever choose not to have any more I’m nearly 36 now and awaiting to be sterilised lol all mine have been happy accidents they came when they came naturally there is nice age caps between mine tho my oldest is nearly 16 my youngest is 16 wks the rest are in between . A good 3 odd years between the next but 8 years between the last two

3 Likes

It makes me happy to know my kids have their own best friend if life goes the way it should and we die before they do, and I’m nervous to have our last far apart and they not bond the same way

2 Likes

I wanted my kids close in age, only because my brothers are 7and9 years older than me. So I grew up like an only child when it came to certain things. When I was young I almost didn’t see my brothers as brothers, I saw them like as a guy that use to live in the same house.
My 2 kids are about 2 years apart and I’m working on getting pregnant with a 3rd. Yes they fight on their bad days. On the good days it warms my heart when the play or hug each other. I wanted them to have that bond

1 Like

I felt the same way.
My oldest was 5 months old when I found out I was pregnant with my second son…they’re born a year apart.
I felt like my oldest hadn’t had enough time with me yet…I felt like I was robbing him of myself…
About 2 months after my second was born I stopped feeling that way because I figured out a way to spend time with them both alone and together equally.

2 Likes

You have to wait until ur ready but look at it this way You want to wait a year… well pregnancy is 9 months right. That’s 3 months shy of a year. You still have that time together. You will also give him a sibling to love on.

2 Likes

I always said I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30… until I was 30 lol I had my 3rd baby at 32 and I have absolutely no regrets, it’s not much different than having a baby in your 20s, so if you want to wait another year than go ahead. But let me tell you everybody after their first baby always says I’m scared I won’t love the second baby as much my first or that you won’t be able to have enough attention for both but I promise you will love them both equally and you’ll have time enough for both of them, it will be okay :two_hearts:

1 Like

I waited, my kids are 5 years apart and it was the BEST decision ever. They’re best of friends and it was the perfect spacing time for our family.

1 Like

My son is 12 and I feel like that too sometimes but I wanted to have a couple of more kids before it’s too late. I’m currently 31 weeks pregnant and I also worry how I’m going to love them both as much as I love my first born. Those feelings aren’t going to go away with more time. I already love them both with everything I have to give. I’m sure you will figure out your feelings.

1 Like

I had the exact same thoughts. I was so scared that I could never love another baby like I loved my first… then I saw my first baby playing alone and just knew that he needed a sibling. They are 2.5 years apart and have been bonded since before birth! Literally, my youngest didn’t smile at a single person until he saw his big brother in the NICU. They still lean on one another and are such a team. It’s amazing. Don’t fret it too much- it’s amazing to give the gift of a best friend to each child.

I felt exactly the same about my first, she was a rainbow baby and my absolute world, I didn’t think I had any love left to give a 2nd child. However, my 2nd little girl is now 12 days old and I was so wrong, I adore the pair of them and certainly don’t love either any less because there is 2, you just make more love :sparkling_heart:

My girls are 2 years and 4 months apart. Honestly it’s hard but it’s amazing at the same time.

2 Likes

Watching my son become a big brother has to be the best feeling ever their bond is extremely strong they don’t like to be separated and when they are they both say they miss the other or cry for other. They play together all day everyday. :heart:

We didn’t decide. LoL! It just happened. Before we had kids I wanted two or three kids. After our son was born, my husband started a new job in the Marine Corps and he was always gone so it was just me and our son. He became my whole life. Where I went, he went and where he went, I went. I didn’t have friends where we lived. I tried to join mom groups and a MOPS when he was a little older, but nobody was very welcoming and I felt very out of place. So I stopped trying. So my son was my one and only friend. LoL! I decided when he was about a year old I didn’t want more kids. Ever. It would just be the three of us. My husband however was adamant that we had another. We would talk about it, and I would always say maybe when you’re done with Recruiting Duty, but I never seriously considered a second until I ended up pregnant on birth control again. I was so upset! Up until I found out she was a girl, I was angry. Then I started getting excited, but I was still terrified my son would hate her. He adores his sister though. And he is like her favorite person ever. They are 3 years and 3 months apart, they are 8 and 5 now. They fight like no other, but at the end of the day they always have each other’s backs and stick up for one another. I can’t imagine our life any other way now.

1 Like

My son just turned 3 on Tuesday and his brother I just had a little over 2 weeks ago I’m not going to lie I’m still trying to adjust to having two. But Every time baby is sleeping I spend time with my oldest just to let him know I love him just as much as before it’s hard because my oldest still has his melt downs and fits because I’m taking care if baby and he doesn’t understand that but as baby gets older I think he will enjoy having a life long play buddy. I wanted my two close together because I was so far apart from my siblings I never got the bond like they will have growing up hopefully

My first two are 14mo apart and my third is almost 2 years younger than my middle. They’re currently 3, almost 2, and a newborn. I prefer the 14mo age gap over the almost 2 year gap. I don’t regret having multiple kids … watching them play is so wholesome :heart:

1 Like

I felt the same way and wanted another child in theory but was super apprehensive. We decided to “try” (meaning just stop preventing) and not stress either way. My girls are 3 years apart and it was the absolute best decision we’ve made. Having a second child made me a better mom. I didnt realize how overbearing I was being until my attention was divided (im still a helicopter mom btw but in an acceptable range now) and my kids have built in best friends. I love my youngest just as much as I do my oldest and I adore watching them together

My 2 sons are 2 years 4 months apart and it’s amazing! I was the same way with my first, he’s my dude, my little partner in crime, I worried about having more kids but our second just fit into our lives so perfectly and they love each other so much! They’re 3 and 8 months and they play constantly!

Your love will not be divided, only multiplied, momma! :heart::heart: And watching my son step into the role of big brother and seeing the love he has for his sister… well, that’s the absolute best. Now he has a lifelong friend and companion, and she has a protector. I couldn’t be more proud or thankful. Your life will go the way it’s intended to! Good luck, momma, and wishing for nothing but the best!

I totally see where you’re coming from. My son turned two in July and I’m due with his little brother in a month and a half. My son and I are best friends and we spend almost all our time together. We have our inside jokes and games and routine together. I’m terrified about having another one because I just love my little boy so fricken much. But the way I see it, having another one just means twice as much love. Another little best friend. And having siblings is usually amazing for kids. It may change the relationship with your first a bit which is scary, but it will be for the better not worse. Something I have to remind myself all the time. But if you want another one 2-3 year age differences seem pretty ideal in my opinion.

I never wanted to have kids my husband wanted one, so we compromised and I’m now 27 weeks pregnant with my third daughter and I don’t know who is more excited, my 5 year old who is so excited to be the biggest sister, my two year old who thinks her baby sister can understand her babble through my belly, my husband who never thought he’d make it with 2 girls and is now ready for #3 or myself, who’s so excited to love on another little human. You won’t regret having another.

1 Like

I had my son at 20 turning 21

After 2 miscarriages
I finally had my daughter at 26

There was a bit of a jealousy there since my son was 6 at the time but he’s slowly getting it :heart:
I love both of them very much .

I’m actually very grateful for the age gap since I’m experiencing new adventures with both of my kids. :relaxed:

Mine are 3 years and almost 9 months apart. My oldest daughter (4) loves and adores my youngest daughter (6months). She even wants to try to help change her diapers sometimes. Is it chaotic? Definitely because my oldest thinks that the baby can do everything she can do. And there also is a little jealously as now she wants to be held when we go on walks. I didn’t want them too far apart in age but I also didn’t want Irish twins either. I was sad when I was pregnant because even though I was happy to have a 2nd I knew that as soon as she’s born everything changes. But I love them both the same but differently. They grow up with their own personalities and you will love them each of them for it. It’s hard but the guilt goes away when you realize how happy your child is to have a sibling.

I always wanted two kids. My sons father and I are no longer together and at first I thought I would never have a second and be sad but I’m okay with just my son. He’s great! If I ever have a second one with my current spouse that would be great too but I’m okay if it didn’t happen!

I thought each time I got pregnant there was no way I could possibly have more love to give bc I already gave it all to the 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd. You love each child the same amout, but differently bc they are different. Your heart doesn’t divide its love, it just gets bigger

I completely understand that feeling. My oldest and I spent a lot of one on one time. We waited because I was having some health issues. But now that my youngest is over one and I see how much they love each other I only wish they were closer in age and had grown up together a little more. My girls are 3 1/2 years apart but i wish it had been closer to 2 1/2. But I think part of it for me is My sister and I are only 16 months apart so I dont remember a time when I didn’t have her in my life. However I will always cherish the one on one time I got to spend with my oldest and look forward to some of that time with my youngest once my oldest starts schol.

You’re overthinking life baby! Stop putting so many “shoulds” on yourself. It sounds to me like you’re enjoying the one on one time with your son so just continue to savor that and let life happen. You don’t have to have all your children by age 30. You are young. Relax and enjoy your life right now because now is all that really matters😉

You will love your next child just as voraciously as you love your first. Your love is endless the next baby will have a big brother who loves them. My first two boys were 3 years apart and my third son was just 17 months later. They are very close and do everything together and in their 20’s now.

Honestly my first started pre k the year my daughter was born. I get my one on one with her before my husband gets home and switch and he gets her and I get my son. N daddy takes him out on his day off. Works for my fam

I had my son when my daughter was 4. It was an adjustment for everyone but she loves her baby brother and i make sure to carve out for just her and I still.

I had another so my daughter would have a forever friend (and invisibly because I wanted another as well). Someone who could be there for her when I was gone. Obviously I can’t guarantee they will get along but I hope they become best friends. I’m due in January and feel guilty for taking attention away from her but I feel like it will benefit her in the long run. I hope she loves having a little brother❤️. She’s two and he will be born in January.

I grew up with two brothers and I can’t imagine growing up without them. Sure, we fought and wanted to kill each other but now as adults I can always count on them. I have friends who were only children and they hated it and wished they had siblings.

I enjoyed becoming a mom in my 30’s and for me anyway, I wish I could go back in time, have one and not have the second til the oldest went to school. Then I’d get one on one time with each and really take my time. I’ve seen a lot of friends do this and it seems lovely! You’d just be in your early 30’s and not high risk by default- something to consider anyway.

I felt similar with our 1st. Like “when is the right time?” We decided to try when he was 2. Baby sis came right after he turned 3. It was actually perfect timing, for US. He was potty trained & in preschool 3 days/week 3hrs/day. He loved being big brother & helping with her. It wasn’t a perfectly smooth transition, but we all did well. They’re 6 & 9 now & are very close! You do what you feel is best for your family

My boys are almost exactly a year apart and I don’t regret it at all. I felt a little guilty when I found out I was pregnant, because I wasn’t going to be able to give my oldest as much undivided attention anymore, but then I thought about the fact that my second child, and if I have any more, wouldn’t have my undivided attention all the time either. My sons are 1 & 2 now, and they’re best buds. My oldest adjusted really well to being a big brother. Even as a 1 year old he liked holding his brothers bottle, cuddling with him, distracting him during diaper changes, etc.

You feel like you couldn’t love anyone as much as him right now, but you will love another child just as much. Your relationship with both will be different, especially at first, because you already have established a bond with your toddler, and you’ve watched his personality develop. A second child will have a different personality, and you won’t be able to focus on them 100% like your first, but it will even out.

I didn’t want to try for #2 until we were living in a house and our oldest was potty trained. But you need to think about if you’re ready to handle 2 little ones. Even at 5 years apart mine are handfuls.

Watching siblings together has been one of the biggest highlights of being a parent so far. My kids are a year and a half apart and it’s amazing watch ing natural bond and it gives me comfort my first born, my son will have a sister to be his friend even after im gone. As much as i would not have minded stopping after my son I just couldn’t let him grow up alone. Especially after having syblings myself.

I feel the same way about my daughter. It was a tough decision. We are always together and I wasn’t sure how she’s like a sibling.
We decided to just do it. I didn’t want any regrets later on. She’s 4 and getting a little brother in November :slight_smile:

You don’t have to share the love you have for your son, your heart expands and you’ll have the same love for the next child.
I think it’s worth having 2 kids if you and hubby are up for it, emotionally and financially. Your son will have a built in play mate and down the track of anything happens to you and hubby he has some to go through it all with.

My son will be 3 in December & im 5 months pregnant with my daughter. I have always wanted a boy & a girl & thats it. Two kids can keep each other company & watch out for each other growing up. My son is always wanting me to play trucks with him because he doesnt always have someone else to play with. I feel like he gets lonely sometimes on his own. My son is also my world & when my daughter gets here, they will both be my world, she actually already is, im so excited & impatient for her to get here. I know i will love & adore her just as much as i have my son & will continue to feel that way about him. You cherish all the ‘firsts’ with your son & him becoming a big brother & getting him to help with baby brother or sister will just melt your heart! Then you will also have a whole new round of ‘firsts’ to cherish with your 2nd one.

Babysit other kids. I’m on my 5th kid and my oldest has a very strong maternal instinct with the 9 month old. She loves making bottles and changing her. While supervised of course. Im due January 25th with my second boy and she is ecstatic. The 4 year old is in her own world.

I have always known I wanted at least two, and from there we would look at finances and living situations before having more. Currently in your position, because a third one has been a topic of conversation. But I don’t know that I can mentally and emotionally handle another one. I imagine things get complicated when I have three kids and only two hands :sweat_smile: still on the fence. But I can’t imagine my life any other way than with the two I have now.

I felt bad when I got pregnant my kids are 7 years apart. And literally when I was in labor with my second I cried for my 1st son all the time so weird. Hahaha but now the best gift was to give him a baby brother they fight but they love hard too with each other. :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I just had my second daughter. My oldest is almost three. She is absolutely OBSESSED with her little sister. If you’re not ready, you’re not ready. But once that new baby is there, you won’t be able to imagine any other way to live :heart:

Kids adjust. Having a sibling similar in age gives them someone to play with and grow up. It’s always an odd transition from one to two because you wonder if you will love the new baby as much as the first and if having two will deplete your interaction with the first. You always make time for the first :heart::heart: and it’s always a good idea to have someone visit that can take the older one for big kid stuff while mommy rests with the new baby. They will get to grow up and do things big kids do. And every night mommy can snuggle and do bath time and read a story for bed. Remember, the older one will be in school soon too! You gotta let them spread their wings and it will give you some one on one time with the younger one. If financially you can do it with no problems I’d say go for it!! You obviously are an amazing mom!! You treasure your little one! And you will treasure being a new mom again and sharing that same devotion with a sibling for your first. Your love just grows! And it will also give DAD some extra bonding time with each kid, and sibling bonding time when you are at work. You mark my words…. It’s the best stressful thing EVER! And I have THREE. My last one was a birth control baby so I REALLY wasn’t expecting a third close in age to my second! My first two are 6 years apart and my last two are two years apart. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: it was wonderful!!! :heart::heart::heart:

My kiddos are 3 years apart, my son was my first born and I adored him, I didn’t want anymore kids after him. I understand wanting to wait, I get it 100% but when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I felt so guilty because I was worried my son would resent me for it. I was completely wrong though… That is his baby t-rex and no one better hurt her lol when he found out he was having a sister, he was a completely different kid. He would pile all his old toys up and set them in boxes for when she was born. All he ever wanted to do was hold her and help with her. And now that they’re 5 and 2, they’re best friends and always look out for each other. If she needs something and mommy is busy, he helps get it for her. I honestly wouldn’t change it for the world. They both mean so much to me and I am so glad that I had my daughter, she has brought out a different side of my son and like I said, they’re best friends

my daughters are almost 10years apart. (12 and 3) my oldest is upset she didnt have a sibling at a younger age. the age difference makes it so easy for me. but i know they dont connect well all the time. i want to but im not sure how or when to have a 3rd. im 29

My girls are 13 months apart…when they said push with my last baby I started to cry and said no cause I felt the same way!! But you just go with the flow and become super mom :heart: best of luck!!

Having several children is a blessing. I have three boys and wouldn’t change them for the world. That being said, what does your support system look like? Without having my Mom around to provide practical support for babysitting during doctors appointments & stuff, it’s been difficult. If you can afford several kids and you have an awesome support system, what ends up happening is that you end up with several best friends and it’s wonderful.

Actually it’s more normal to feel that way then not. My oldest is 44 and I still remember the night I was in labor setting at home before going to the hospital and holding him on the couch reading to him before bed like I’d done so many times before thinking this is the last time it would be this way. He was 3 at the time. When I brought his sister home a couple days later the feeling was gone and I knew it was going to be alright because I had room for both in my heart.

I just had my second son 3 months ago and had the same feelings beforehand. It is scary and your relationship definitely changes because most of your time is taken up with the new baby, but my older son loves his little brother so so much. It is so cool to watch them interact and see how much they love each other. Also from my own perspective both of my parents died young and I dont know how I wouldve kept going if I didnt have my younger brother in my life.

I was always told around 2 1/2 years was a great split. If not then wait until the first one starts kindergarten and that way he will have new interest and you get more one on one with the new baby!

The best gift you could give your son is a sibling.
Growing up as an only, I had nobody to share my experiences with… nobody to have my back…
As a kid… especially when they go to school… mom and dad can only solve the little problems… brother or sister is their peer, they can solve the big problems (school stuff, social stuff) …
Do it… give him a sibling…

I felt the same way when I had my first son he is now almost 16 months old and I’m 24 weeks pregnant with my second son and they will only be 19 months apart when I give birth we didn’t want them as close but we let nature take it’s course and seeing how my son likes poking my belly to get his brother to move is the best thing ever I however am getting my tubes removed after this baby.

This was my 1st she was born last week but my husbands second my step daughter is 6 she adores the lil one but we was also able to talk to her for nine months about the baby and she was able to understand everything so we diffently prepared her for the lil one
Now i dont have to worry about her being so lonely i hope they can become best friends for life and her attitude towards me has change a lil bit

Well…when your gone…he won’t have a sibling to go to…think of it that way.

2 Likes

Technically if you get pregnant now you have almost a year still :crazy_face:
But honestly, it’s better to have them closer in age in my own personal opinion and experience. My kids are 20 months apart. We are at the stage where they do everything together and are in the same stages for the fun things!

To say similar as some, watching my daughter become a big sister to her little sister (3 weeks old now, almost 4) has been the biggest blessing. It makes it harder, but oh so much better seeing them together!!

My kids are 3 years apart. I was pregnant when my son was 2 and they are great friends.

Giving my daughter a sibling was one of the best things I’ve done for her

My daughters 11, i was broody for years, from when she was 3 until recently, i still do get broody occasionally but I’ve decided im in no position with work commitments etc to have another so :no_good_woman:i think you have to weigh out the pros and cons and decide together if another kid is gonna fit into your current circumstances etc :slight_smile:

Aw I love this post!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you sound like an amazing mam! You already know whats best though! Yes yous want another 1, yes you want 2 be done having kids by 30, but you are 100% right “in my eyes” spend all the time you can with your little boy b4 you contemplate another 1, maybe wait til your current 1 is nursery age though so that you can do all your doing again with the 2nd one! My god though can I just say again… you are an amazing mam!:hugs:

Your heart grows bigger with each kid. I loved watching our son become a big brother to 2 sisters.

Itll be the 3 or 4 of you. And hell have someone thatll be close to his age …what even long there maybe be too many years apart and itll be fueding and fighting all the time…a 7 yr old and a 5 yr old will have more in common than an bigger gap between the ages. Mine werent not quite 3 yrs apart. And they kept each other company. And I would join in and play with both of them…

I just found out I’m pregnant with #2 and my son is a year old. I felt guilty for all the same reasons. But I think in the long run, having a sibling will be a huge blessing

You will have to show him what a big brother is all about honselty i got pregnant again when my son was 3 months old. Had my second son and they are 11 momths and 6 day apart and honselty they have a strong bond and very protective of each other they still do what brothers do pivk and fight to. Wutvh is normal then had my daughter 2 almost 3 years later mine are now 4 3 and 1 year . Your gonna hVe nornal days Nd dayz were they act out to. and let me tell you this you will know when your ready to not have anymore kids. If your still undure why not have atlest anther ya know. I cant say its easy cause its not.

I hope to have my second next year, my son will be 3 by then and in nursery.
Have you considered waiting until your son is in nursery before having another? That way you get one on one time with the newborn during the time your son is there, and he won’t feel left out as he’ll have something for himself during the day playing with his pals. Then once home, you can have time with him and he can tell you all about his exciting day.

Honestly as I am a young mom, I personally think you’re in the best age to be having children. You gotta think of it as adding another muffin to your basket. It’s going to be just as soft and fluffy and wonderful as the first one cuz they’re both coming from the same oven. There’s more love to give and receive! Not only that but your little one is at that perfect age now where if you have another baby now they will get to go to school together and be close in grade and age. They will be best friends and the closer the age the better they get along. (Or so I’ve been told) Ultimately you need to do what you feel is right because no child deserves to feel unwanted, but remember that every child is a gift.

I feel the same way! My son will be 4 in February and I honestly have no clue if I want another one or not.

I wanted to have my children about 3 years apart when I originally started planning what I wanted for a family. So my daughter was about to turn three and I talked to my fiance about if he was ready and if we were financially ready for another baby. I love my daughter with so much of me that I had the same fear. Is it too early? How is her relationship with this other child going to be? How is my relationship with each of them going to be? Well life will take your plans and laugh because here I am 33 weeks pregnant with twin girls and everything is different than I imagined it. I am so excited to see my daughter as a big sister. I frequently burst into tears that she won’t be my only baby much longer. Especially with 2 of them coming, I don’t know who this dynamic will look. So we talk a lot about it. How she feels, I have her help me get the baby stuff ready. We talk about thwir tiny clothes and how they will need help and baths and sometimes bottles (I breast feed and pump for bottles)… I have been given the advice of making sure certain aspects of our relationship should stay sacred. I will be continuing to read to her at bedtime, even if that means a baby has to wait. So as far as you knowing when it’s right? You’ll know. And then you won’t and will a million times during pregnancy, and then you’ll have your baby and everything will fall into place. :two_hearts:

I’m not sure how having another baby correlates to you not loving your son as much. There seems to be some boundary issues. Your son is not your SO. While it’s healthy to have a connection and bond with your child, to say a small kiddos your best friend over your spouse is odd. this is only going to create animosity and resentment between your husband and child as your husband doesn’t seem to be a part of the equation from how you speak. Now as for another child, it’s healthy for a child to grow up with siblings. Creates dynamics and friendship. It doesn’t mean you love your child any less either. I have two who are 2 years apart. A daughter who is 15 and son who is 17. My son has always protected his little sister since the day she was born. They bicker and fight but ultimately have one anothers backs.

There’s a difference from emotional incest, and unconditional love. If you don’t feel like your heart is walking outside of your body, because you love your kids So Much, than you never actually got to bond with your baby. He’s 2 not 22, let the mother love her son without judgment. She’s solely explaining how close she is to her only baby before considering having another baby, never did she say anything about not being close to her son. You took what she said and misconstrued her words and added your own agenda from what you thought it sounded like. In my opinion, if you aren’t willing to use your husband as a human shield for the babies you have, you are doing something wrong…

I know how you feel. A lot of people like to spend some one on one time with each child before having another. It’s normal. My daughter is almost three and I have felt the same way. I recently baby sat my friends baby who is just now a year old and watching my daughter with her and seeing how we all three interacted together was really cool. It really made me think that I want another baby. I think we would just have another best friend in the group and my daughter would have jealous moments but she’d also he a great big sister. She’d probably try to take over the mom role honestly lol. I think you sound normal and like a great mom…please ignore the weird comments.

It’s never too late to have a baby. Maybe wait until he starts pre k and then try. That’s just a year or 2 past what you said. Do what feels right there’s nothing wrong with loving on your baby as long as possible.

Mine are 14 months apart and I don’t remember how hard it was (it’s kinda a blur) but now it’s magic. They are in grade school are very close and always have each other.

I waited almost 7 years between my first and second… thought I was done had my youngest 3 years later…

If you wait a year or two he’ll be in preschool/school so you would get 121 time with the baby in the day time

1 never put pressure on yourself of what age to stop having kids. 2. If you aren’t 100%, wait.

I have 2 kids 15yrs apart. I’m shy of 37 and still debating if I want more, but because I’m not sure, I’m waiting.

I would wait until he’s a little older and little more independent

I’d say wait until YOU are ready. As we know, having a baby is alot of work so wait until you feel its the time and then do it.

My kids are almost 8 years apart (not by choice) had infertility issues. But once I found out I was pregnant I started having this feeling. I was so scared my son would feel left out and scared I couldn’t love anyone as much as him. He is on the spectrum and I’ve always been the mama bear and scared to let him be independent. But when I tell you my kids taught me, I mean it! He was almost 8 when my daughter was born and the day I had her he wanted nothing to do with her, kept saying he wanted a brother instead, which honestly made me feel even worse. (Stupid I know) but I quickly learned that love is easily shared. Once my baby girl got into my arms I didn’t want to let her go. All of those same feelings as with the first one. By the time we brought her home, my son went instantly into big brother mode and I couldn’t keep him away from her :joy: he suddenly didn’t want mom and me time, he wanted mom and me and my sister time. I let him help me do everything. And it was a completely new experience for us both. He matured so fast, and while he didn’t act like my baby boy anymore, he become my friend in a way. My husband works long hours, since the day we came home from the hospital it has been me and the two kids doing everything together and the same love is shared for both. The same quality time. Now they are 11 and 3. Puberty hit my son and that was hard for me to accept because he aged overnight. Still do everything as a trio. But I also set aside time for each one individually. For my daughter we play dress up, paint nails and do all the girly stuff. For my son, after shower time, we play the Xbox together or swap scary stories. It really just all flows together. Don’t psyche yourself out, you will see how it just all happens naturally. And you will be able to have a bond as a group as well as a bond with each child individually. And you will LOVE to see them develop into their own personalities as they grow. And you will love it even more when you see how much they love each other.

My boys are going to be 6 years apart, to me I’d definitely want my kids further apart in age. If you’re undecided talk to your husband, but I’d definitely enjoy my baby for now. He’s only 2, it might be harder with him being so young than it would when he’s older.

My kids are four years apart worked out great

It is different with a second one but the second also becomes your best friend. :heart: Time spent with one becomes time spent with 2. My 2 are my world and I have so much more fun with them. We decided we wanted our first 2 to be close in age so 3 days after my daughter turned 2, we had our 2nd. I think it’s perfect. :slight_smile: They’re super close and it’s wild at times but I love it.

My kiddos are about 22 months apart, my brother and I are 6 years apart. But you’ll know when the time comes. If you’re not quite ready for #2 then don’t rush

My biggest regret was waiting so long in between my two girls. My oldest is 7 and her sister just turned 1. The oldest definitely had a hard time in the beginning because all of my time was towards her and it all changed after her sister was born.
I wish I would of had my second sooner, but also was waiting for a “right time”, but after my husband and I talked about it, there is never a right time for a child. He is already 34 and I’m 28. I didn’t want to wait until I was 30 to have a second child… plus, I didn’t want to be changing diapers in my late 30s :rofl::sweat_smile:

*waiting that long wasn’t on purpose. I didn’t met my husband until after my oldest was 1.

**I made my mind up that after the second, I was done. My oldest is a huge handful alone, and my youngest is the same :sweat_smile: so I told myself that I’m fine with a step son (husband’s son) instead of trying again and hoping for a boy :rofl::rofl:

I had twins my first pregnancy so started with two but my second pregnancy, 3rd baby was born 2.5 years after.

Atleast 5 year gap or 4 not to close to each other so you give that one on one attention but not to far apart either mines last are 5 year apart amd it’s the best :two_hearts::blue_heart:

My oldest was almost 2 when I got pregnant with my second now I have a 2 and 4 year old. There age gap is so nice

I’m sorry, but some of these negative comments aren’t it. Your son can be your entire world if you want him to be. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that! But coming from an only child when you’re ready to give him a sibling do it! Lol I hated being the only kid at home, I was always bored but at the same time I enjoyed not having to share the attention with anyone else😂 do what you and your husband think is right❤️

After my first, I had the 5 year Mirena. My daughter was 6 years and 1 month when my son was born.

As a mom of many trust me it’s not easy. Two is not bad. Its easier to divide time between the two & you will enjoy a lot of things with just two. Honestly two is a perfect number when you are ready. He has someone to play with & if they are both boys it will totally be fun.

I think you should go for it! In a lot of ways, having 2 makes life easier for you and more enriching for the children.
Plus, even if you got pregnant right away, you’d still have 9 more months with your son, which brings you close to that ‘one more year’ with just you and your son.

Definitely have another, if anything happened to you, your son needs a forever friend by his side

I have a 12 year old and a 2 year old
I thought the same. Mommies grow more hearts. One for each one of their babies​:green_heart::blue_heart:

I’m a Mom of 4… I have a 16 yr old girl,14 yr old son, 10 yr old daughter and a 2 yr old daughter… My 16&14 are besties for life. It’s gonna be the same but different for my 10&2 yr old… I wish I could’ve had them closer together. Im 36… Pregnancy is different after 35 physically. Early 30s isn’t too bad at all. Keep in mind… YOU feel like you’re best friends… That will change as they get older because you will always be Mom(albeit cool Mom’s are as close as you can get to being best friends). But sibling love is a bond that grows with them. Siblings can talk and share unlike parents and children. ESPECIALLY when they get older. Good luck

Perfect timing. My sons are 22 months apart and best friends.

I love having one! It’s amazing.