Questions for moms who had children far apart in age

My best friend has twin girls 19 a son 17 a son 3 and a daughter 3 week old and she said it got harder with each one. She is 35 and completely DONE. :rofl::joy:

My last 2 were easier than my first the labor was about the same but the anxiety wasn’t there like the first one. Since I knew what to expect I was more relaxed.

I have a 20 year old, a 5 year old and a 3 year old. My first pregnancy was at 23 and it was pretty normal, my second at 37 was the easiest outside of all the testing because of my age and my last was completely horrible. First labor was 23 hours, second was 8 and third was 14 hours.

I am 50 , the youngest of 5 girls . My oldest sister is 12 years older than me and I’m very close to her. We also have the most in common as far as enjoying the same hobbies. She’s like a second mom to me in a way. I love all of my sisters :heart:

Mine are 23, 17 and 11. Every birth was different. My youngest was an emergency C-section. The older 2 are very close and similar personalities, the youngest is not very close to my oldest and only fairly close with the middle one. The oldest is a girl and the other 2 are boys.

My son is 23, took 24 hours, my 15 year old daughter was like 5. Then my 4year old she was difficult. Mt cervix wasn’t opening or something and she got stuck that I had to have emergency cesarean. So with my 3 year old I just opted for the c-section

Between my 2 youngest there is close to a 10 year gap… my youngest was by far my worst delievery and hardest pregnancy as well. However I had a lot to deal with in the last pregnancy, my dad passed, relationship ended, taking care of 4 kids, school full time plus 2 part time jobs.

I had three close together and there is now 11 years between me two sons. My labor with my fourth baby was complicated and I almost needed a crash c-section. It was around 12-13 hours . He did experience stress but all was well at the then and i was able to avoid getting what would have been my first cSection. . He is now a healthy and bright eight year old. My issues were mostly because I was 42 when I had him.

Mine are 5 years apart. I had to be induced both times but with my second I progressed much fast during the induction and seriously only pushed for a minute and babe was born. I did have an epidural so I never felt the many contractions I had.

My oldest is 24 he was 5.5 hours all natural. My second is 17 1.5 hours all natural…my last child 27 hours in labor from beginning to birthing him. The doc told me the uterus has it’s own mind sort of thing. After 10 years it’s like you never had a baby. But each body is different

My first is 8 years old and I now have a 3 week old. Both pregnancy’s and delivery’s went smoothly. Tho I did miss my oldest ALOT when I was in labor. Having an older child is a huge help also

My daughter and son are 13 yrs, 11 months and 2 weeks apart. I was 18 when my daughter was born… i delievered right on time but did suffer from high blood pressure. i had zero issues with labor and delivery. She arrived after 6 hours of labor… no pain meds and completely healthy.

I was 32 when I had my son. With him came gestational diabetes (I also have hypothyroidism- diagnosed at age 26) but no high blood pressure. I went into labor with him at 39 weeks at 4 am. He wasn’t delivered until 6:49 pm after a terrible labor… failed epidural… and his shoulders got stuck. He inhaled some amniotic fluid and so was rushed to xray and had oxygen for his first 3 hours of life. He is 20 months now and completely healthy.

They were definitely not the same.

I’m a mother to five kids oldest being 22 and youngest being 4. My first born was by csection natural births with the rest and labour was shorter for each child x

My kids are 7 years apart. My first (daughter) was born in 12 hrs. My second (son) was born in 5 hrs. Both natural and normal deliveries. Best of luck momma huggs.

My son is 24 and my daughter is 8… Both long labors but she was definitely easier to handle…

My first and my 4th are 18 years apart. I was induced with all 4. My first took 22& 1/2 hours, baby 2 was 14 years after and was 12 hours, baby 3 was 17 months later and took 12 hours and baby 4 was 3 years later and labor lasted 11 hours

1 Like

I went quick. I had mild contractions all day. I got myself ready to go to the hospital, but wasn’t in a hurry to get there. It was evening by the time I felt my contractions were close enough together to go… but I was still managing fine. The hospital was only 15 minutes away, and things went from mildly uncomfortable to crazy in that short amount of time. I was already crowning by the time we hit the parking lot. :joy: They barely had time to get me in a bed… and whoops… there she was. :joy::joy:

My oldest is 21 and labor and delivery was a nightmare. My youngest are 5 & 3 and delivery was a planned c section so labor was easy. Recovery almost 20 years older was so much harder.

I had my first son at 21 I was in labor for 16 hours pushed for 2 hours then had to to have a c-section come to find out he was 9lbs 3oz! So that being said all three of my others children who are now 15, 9, and 3 were c-section! My second son and daughter were the easiest c-sections! But my daughter and youngest son were the easiest pregnancies! The three younger ones were all just over 7lbs!! I think it all depends on your age and how active you are and your body!!

My children are 16, 14 and 5. My oldest was the fastest delivery 6 hours, the last 2 took longer with my youngest being the longest. I will tell you this the older 2 are boys and they are a great help with their little sister.

My oldest is 21 and second is 4. I have teo “step” kids that are 20 and 16 that I treat as my own.

They love each other so so much!

My second pregnancies was so much easier than the first. My husband say the delivery was the first time he really felt like I was pregnant lol

My kids 12 yrs apart…both csections…2bd was so much easier and i believe because i was older wiser andmore prepared

I have a 7 yr age difference between my two children. Oldest is 7 and our newest addition is 2months. Both pregnancies different, with the first many complications and and emergency csection while with the second pregnancy was a breeze and had a successful vbac

So I just gave birth to my 3rd a month ago, my other two are 5.5 and 7.5. We live with my parents so they were able to stay at home with grandpa as grandma went with me. I was induced due to baby measuring small at 39 weeks. They used cutotec and then broke my water. The only problem I had with my kids as I had left for my appointment before they were up and got sent to the hospital from my early morning appointment. They did just fine though, I used messenger to talk to them. I went to l&d about 10 was given cytotec and they broke my water around 5pm, he was born at 9:46 pm that night. I ended up finally going home on Wed, he was born Monday night. I was released but they kept baby for blood work.

My daughter, 1st born 1981, and my son 1997 are 16 years apart. I didn’t have problems with either pregnancy. Epidurals with both and labor under 12 hours with both. Both weighed over 8lbs.

My kids are 20,16,11,3 and I went sooner by 1 week with all of them. So 38 weeks, 37,36,35 and labor for my last was worst then all of them hurt my body more plus emotions because she was taken immediately to NICU. But all my labors seemed quicker then the first

My kids were 13,10 then wala. Was prego again.i was told after second child I probably would have have issues getting pregnant again. Due to complications with second pregnancy but had the third. First kid 8 hrs labor
2nd 4 hours
3 almost six hours
Had to get induced a few weeks before due date. But it was all good. He was healthy now 19yrs old.

My kids are 9 years apart. First was an easy normal pregnancy but 47 hours of labor. Gained 56 pounds and lost in all in 6 months. Second I developed pre eclampsia. I gained 45 pounds and I ended up getting induced at 31 weeks. Labor was only 10 hours. A year later still haven’t lost the weight.

10 and 7 years apart. Went from 3 months early to 2 months early to 1 month early. Easier each time but stayed inside of me longer. Shoot now I am 56 and my last baby just graduated high school. So I am a happy momma.

I didn’t have my kids far apart my oldest is 9 my youngest is 3 with my first though five hour labor I had epidural he went sunny side up so had to move around to flip him over other than that went good with my second I went to hospital three days in row in pain begging for drugs but they wouldn’t help first time it was a UTI second time told it’s stones third time told gallbladder and can’t have surgery till baby born few hours later after the third trip to hospital in three days I rushed back to hospital I yelled at hospital I had to push and my daughter was born less than 10 minutes of getting to hospital no epidural no nothing she came so fast my husband missed it

My oldest and youngest are 15.5 years apart. He’s the oldest of 3. I actually like it. Their relationship is so great, and he’s such a big help!

I have a 12, 10, 9, 2 year old and 4 month old. My labor and delivery was about the same for all 5 of them. They were all pretty quick… My last one came just a little faster! As far as the age gap it’s been amazing! The big kids love the little ones so much! They are a huge help with them as well. My oldest will help change diapers and they all help make bottles and and holding them littlest one. My 2 year old and my 9 year old are super super close! They do not go anywhere without each other. :heart:

Mine were 20 years apart. It was a little easier, labor and delivery. But still a lot of work. They told me it was like starting all over.

First baby was 15 yrs ago, he was fast and took an hr total, 2 baby 3years apart (12 yrs ago) and she was 48hrs. Both all natural, no drugs. The 3rd I just had and was induced, no drugs. He got stuck at 7cm because he was bigger than they expected and I threw D-cells so I had to have an emergency C-section. I was active with all my pregnancies except the last one because I was severely high risk. The older two LOVE their little brother and insist on helping and being role models for him.

My boys are 8 years apart. The pregnancies were different. With my oldest I had severe migraines and morning sickness through the entire pregnancy. Ended up with preeclampsia. Labor for over 9 hours. My youngest I had morning sickness for the first trimester, then my gallbladder went crazy but couldn’t get it out until after he was born. The gallbladder attacks were unbearable. He came 3 weeks early and was breach so had to have a c section with him. Labored for 10 1/2 hrs. However 1 week after I had him my BP was sky high and I had unbearable migraines. After a week of that I ended up going temporarily blind, had a stroke, a seizure, then had to be life flighted to a bigger city where I was in ICU for a week. I ended up with postpartum eclampsia. I still suffer from side effects from the stroke, but I’m okay now. Both boys are healthy.

I have a 6 yr old a 9 yr old and a 9 month. old and going to deliver a newborn baby boy this August. ive had all 4 babies c sections. I was going to try for natural with my oldest daughter but was a long labor and I started getting a fever so the docs decided best for c section. could only get to 6 centimeters with her and I walked and did everything but stand on my head to get her going. so needless to say my oldest is 9yrs old my youngest right now is 10 months and then I’ll have a newborn in August. plus a 7 yr old.

Son is 6 years older than daughter. He was 10 lbs 4 oz, 2 hours labor, daughter was 7lbs 8 oz 30 mins labor. Also ingested castor oil (old wives tale remedy, but it works!). Dr. barely had time to put on a gown & gloves to catch daughter! 40 & 34 years of age now.

I have 4 sons ages 34, 32, 31 and 16, my labors were all 6 hours or shorter, and my water broke with my oldest but had to be broke all the others…but really pretty much the same

I only have one. So no age gap. But I am grateful for my labor and delivery. Just under 3 hrs. Induced at 5 am water broke just after 6 pm dr didn’t get there until 845 pm he was born at 852 pm

My youngest is 11 yrs younger then my last baby… labor was a lot shorter but seemed a lot more painful… healing time was about the same…

My oldest is 10, myself and my partner are planning another child. I wasn’t sure if I wanted another, I have 2 he has 1 but didn’t know he had her till she was 4 so he missed out on so much, and I can’t wait to share it with him his made me 100% certain that I want another child.

My son is 14, daughter 10 and son 8 months :flushed:.
This last pregnancy was by far the easiest non-complicated one ever! All 3 were csections and again the last was a breeze. This time I actually successfully breastfed and we are still on that journey. My oldest is a HUGE help in every way possible!!

My daughter was turning 10 when my son was born. I was in labor with my daughter for 12 hours and my son for 24 hours. I had epidurals for both but it wasn’t working with my son. I also was having problems with my oxygen and blood pressure levels. My daughter was the easiest pregnancy for the most part. My son was very hard… I was suck 24/7

My oldest is almost 13 my middle is almost 7 & we also have a 8 1/2 month old. In my experience labor went much faster each time. My first I was in labor 48 hrs pushed for 34 minutes, my second was 5 hrs and pushed for 7 mins, my 3rd I was induced and I pushed 3 times and she was out. They’re both great big siblings to our youngest

I have 5 children including 3 singles and 1 at of twins. All mine are 5 yrs apart and all took around 7 hours including natural childbirth and induction. My last was twins via emergency csection so that was different but the previous 3 was all around 7 hrs.

I had my kids 12 yrs apart. Otherthan physically feeling older labor was the same. I Love having the age gab.

My youngest was 10 when I had my current youngest lol I love the age gap because my older two are such a big help. My labors were 6.5 hours 5.5 hours and with my youngest 2 hours and 2 pushes.

My 1st n 3rd where very similar both very long labours even dwn to both babies swallowing meconium n needing help once born. 2nd was fast. Think all pregnancies n births are different each time. Mine have 10 years between them xx

My daughter is now 12 and my son is 18 months honestly the delivery was way different. I had my daughter in 4 hours from my water breaking but with my son it was 91/2 hours.

My oldest and youngest are almost 12 years apart, and they are so close it’s amazing! Out of four kids, they are 13, 10, 3, and 19mos.

I only have 7 years between kids but my first was 12 hours and easy to the point I thought every other woman was ridiculous for complaining so much because it was soooo easy. My second was almost 24 hour intense hard labor that I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy… hehehe
But I don’t think my situation is typical!

Large, my oldest daughter 33, my son 27, and my blessing daughter 14 yrs old, spaced out, God has humorous heart.

I have 4 kids 2 are identical twins soon to be 17 then I have a almost 8 yr old and a almost 4 year old the age gap is a little rough because you need to go from one age to the next and be mom for all and try to do things that include them all which can be challenging on that note the oldest can be a great help

All 3 of my kids were 8 hours on the dot lol

My oldest was 8.5 when my daughter was born and she was 2.5 when the baby was born. I was 19, 27, and 30 at time of birth. Tbh I think my age had alot to do with it. My daughter (I was 27) was the easiest. I bounced back really fast. Last baby was a trainwreck pregnancy and took me months to recover.

First daughter is 13, is 8 years older than my 2nd. My first labor was easy! Went into labor on my due date 10 hours, easy labor, no complications, pushed for an hour and baby!
Baby #2, 8 years later, was a completely different story. She came 4 days early. I had many complications starting with not progressing even with being in active labor. Had to be induced. A total of 15 hours of labor, 2 hours if pushing, and ended up having to have a C-section.
Baby #3, 4 years later, 12 years after baby #1, came about 10 days early, active labor but still didn’t progress by myself. We scheduled a C-section for that morning since she was breech, I already had a C-section with #2 and had one scheduled a mere 4 days later that week.

I have an 18 year old a 17 year old and my daughter just turned 1. The pregnancy was fine. The epidural did NOT work. I felt everything. Although it felt like my back was breaking in half with every contraction and push it wasn’t horrible. I am planning on having one more within the next year :slightly_smiling_face: My water broke and within two hours I had her after four pushes!

Everyone is different, but with age comes many issues. My first was 2 months premature with breathing problems, she’s now 23, my 2nd was so large I thought she crawled out as I was ripped in two, she’s now 20, most problems was my 3rd lucky we both made it he came out face first eyes bulging and cord around his neck twice he’s now 10.

My 3 kids are all 5 years apart. First labor was 2.5 hours, second 16 hours and my last was over 20 hours. My pregnancies got worse each time.

I have an 11 year old son and a two year old daughter… I love the age gap… my son helps me so much with my daughter… plus he does his own thing during the day n stuff…

My children are 22 months apart.
My first I threw up 9 months and 4 days, lost 50 pounds, and had a healthy baby girl.
My second I was hardly sick, gained 40 pounds, emergency induction after 13 weeks of NSTs, at 39 weeks 3 days… Another healthy baby girl.
I think pregnancy, labor, and delivery is you get what you get and don’t have a fit.

Hi! I have a 14 yr old and soon to be 1 yr old next month! I’m 40 and it’s a huge difference this go round. However, I must say my delivery with my second one was much easier! And the pregnancy itself was easier. The no sleep, constant on the go, whips my tail. All kids are different though, and my oldest helps out tremendously which is a plus!

my kids are 13, 11 and 4 this year
the 2 older ones are absolutely fabulous with the youngest
great help

I was in labor almost the same amount longer the 2nd time and they have 8 1/2 year gap. OB explained to fiance it wasn’t going quicker because of it being so long it was almost like my body was going through it for the first time all over again

I have 5 older kids ranging from 20-14 and I now have a almost 3 year old. the birth was harder for me but I was also older so I am told that played a factor and my healing took twice as long but I had alot of damage done to my body due to an abusive relationship in the past so that played a factor .

My kids are 24 15 and 7 yrs old all girls my last pregnancy was the easiest all around physically but emotionally it was harder for me cuz I wanted her out asap but healthy

My second child was the worst delivery. I only have 2 boys… Longer labor. Harder delivery and horable midwife nurse didn’t make it any easier. Good luck

My kids are 15, 9, and now 2 days old… first and second delivery weren’t too fast but this one, he literally delivered himself with just contractions, no pushing needed on my part

With my son I was in labor for about 24 hours my daughter was emergency c-cection my kids are 8 years apart

My sons are 10 years apart both csections - the second one did to age and since had one for the first doctor recommended - the biggest part for me was recovery being older took longer and being stubborn I probably did too much - good luck

Their is 10 years between my first and my second and my first was 12 + hr labor and second was so quick dr barely had a chance to get in the room to deliver him but I was alot more active with my 2nd than first

My kids are 16 yrs apart. My first pregnancy was, by far, easier than my second. However, 43.5 hrs labor and 1/2 hour of pushing. 2nd pregnancy I had hyper emesis and lost 73 lbs (the weight loss wasn’t such a bad thing…lol), 18.5 hrs labor and 20 minutes of pushing.

My 2 were 20 years apart both very quick labours and births and I was 24 and 44 when they were born, good luck xx

I have a 13, 9, and 2 year old my last one was my worst pregnancy and delivery just be healthy walk swim when ever you can

My oldest son was 8 when I gave birth. They had to induce me when I gave birth almost 2 years ago. My last labor was 4 hours. My first labor with my oldest was 8 hours. Good luck everything will be fine

My mom had me and my sister 8 yrs apart with me she was about 36 hrs of labor with my sister I think it was 10 or 8 hrs of labor she was supposed to be induced at 5am and called my dad at 12am to take her to the hospital and my sis was born at 526am

I have 11 years between my 2 youngest. Labor was longer and harder for my 3 girls back when I was 17-21. With my 2 year old, we went in to the doc at 2 p.m., she said I was dilated to 5 and let’s have this baby. Got to the hospital shortly after, water broke around 4 p.m., epidural around 9 p.m. and he was here at shortly before 10:30 p.m. same night

I have for children, oldest is 25 pregnancy was easy, delivery was absolutely horrible like 36 hours, second child now 24 pregnancy was easy so was delivery, third child 21 pregnancy was horrible but delivery easy. 4th child is 8 both pregnancy and delivery was beyond horrible…

Haha!!! Gurl my oldest will be 25 in November and my youngest will be 6 in November with no kids in between. Both were sections and the second was much easier because technology had advanced so much in all that time in between. Lol

I have 11 years between my second and youngest. My delivery with my youngest was longggg, more like having a first baby :baby:t4: all over again for my body.

My oldest son just turned 24. His younger brother just turned 19 and their baby sister is 7. First baby, easy pregnancy, 48 hours of labor and a ton of complications with delivery. Almost ended up with a hysterectomy since they couldn’t stop the bleeding. No drugs during labor. I went home after 2 days. Born at 40.2 weeks. 8 pounds 10.5 oz. Second baby -easy pregnancy, labor at 36 weeks. 24 hours of labor, ton of complications at birth. Epidural didn’t take. NICU baby. I went home after 3 days. 7 pounds 10.5 oz. 3rd baby- worst pregnancy ever. Monitored for preterm labor starting at 20 weeks. NST starting at 28 weeks. 16 days of prodromal labor. Modified bed rest. 7 hours of labor in the hospital. The best damn epidural one could dream of. Felt nothing! The best labor and delivery! Baby was perfect, went home 24 hours later. She was 7 pounds 2 oz.

I had boy girl boy girl. My oldest was 6 years old when my eldest daughter was born . So 6 years difference. Then 2 years later I had my younger son then 2 years later a daughter. All my labours were 2 hours apart .

I have a 13, 7 and 6week old. My first was 45 mins. My second was 4 mins and my newborn was 3 mins. I had an epidural with all 3 but it only worked with my first baby!

My oldest almost 11 and my youngest will be 3. So they’re 8 years apart. I had a very quick labor with my youngest (my daughter). I was still in labor for about 12 hours. I could’ve pushed sooner but the doctor had to leave my room and deliver another baby that was pretty much almost falling out of the mom lol. So I pushed a couple times and I had to stop and wait on the doctor to come back. But I pushed for like 15 minutes and she was out. With my son (my oldest) it took a long time. I found that with my daughter it was all much easier

My kids are 20 and half years apart…My first one was 3 and half hours in labor all natural birth and 3 pushes he was here… my second, I was induced, had an epidural, as I was a high risk pregnancy as I was older. I was in labor for 18 and half hours of labor and had to almost have an emergency c section as I couldn’t push anymore and I said oh no she is coming… finally

My twins are 28, my daughter is almost 8. I had a healthier pregnancy overall with my daughter, but due to my age & low iron, dr scheduled a c section for her.

1 Like

mine are 9 years apart and the delivery was different but my first was 2 weeks late and then only 2 hours of labor. My 2nd was born on his due date but 6 hours labir

my oldes was 16 when I gave birth to my youngest daughter. And with each of my children labor was quicker.

So sorry even though mine were 24 years apart . Tubes came untied . I had to have a c-section. But good luck . My older kids love their little brother. Hes 5 next month . Good luck . Best wishes

My mother had my sister who is 11 years younger than me. She had easier delivery she said with my younger sister than with us said my younger sister came out so quick she nearly slid off the bed :joy: :joy: :joy:

I have 2 girls. One will be 27 on Monday. The other will be 13 in October. The relationship dynamic is different with the gap in age but they are close. Totally different personalities.

My boys were 11 and 8 when my daughter was born and it was a blessing

I had my four girls before i was 25. All four pregnancies were different. Your 11 yr old should be of great help to you.

My girls are 15,12 and my son is 2. I had to have a c section and my body hasn’t been able to go back to how it was before pregnancy. Not sure if it’s cause I was older or cause the c section.

My boys were 9 years apart, my oldest was natural 13 hrs labor 8 mins pushing and second was a scheduled c section, once he hit 10 lbs they wouldn’t let me go natural

My daughter was 11 when I had my son. Labor was longer…but still manageable.

Not as big of a gap, but my last is 4 1/2 years younger than the one before him, his labor lasted forever and was way worse but I think that’s mostly because of my body not tha gap, plus he was face up and my biggest by over a lb…

My son and daughter are exactly 10 years apart. I was in labor 27 hours with my son…My daughter was 8 hours. Delivery was a bit easier, but my body took a drastic beating with her because dad decided to become abusive half way through the pregnancy. He almost killed her. I delivered both naturally and didn’t have any bad problems. We survived! They are the best kids I could have asked for. They are close and my son has to remind himself she is 10 years younger. (They get in their squabbles and fight) but they are very close and take care of each other.

My oldest and youngest are 20 years apart! My last pregnancy was harder because of my age but the delivery wasn’t bad. Of course my first 2 were natural and the last I had an epidural

I had four and there was an age difference of 9 and 11 years between my oldest and my younger too and all four labors lasted 12 hours

I have a 17 a 13 a 3 a 2 and a 2 day old my pregnancies were more high risk as i got older but labor was easier ,well faster