Questions for moms who had children far apart in age

My 2nd daughter was born 1999 and my son 2011 my first about 6hrs no induction my 2nd she was induced about 5.5hrs
My 3rd he was induced but i believe he should of stayed in a bit longer he wasn’t ready. He was my longest but I had a few issues the put the iv in my wrist so when I got up to use the bathroom the needle slipped my vein and the medicine went in my wrist and it they had to move it so it prolonged the the pitocin

Mine are 14 yrs apart first I was 20 2nd almost 35 labour lasted roughly the same my first I had all natural second I couldn’t it was so much harder than the first got an epidural what probably was the big difference was I also had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy and then with my age they were on top of me almost weekly ultrasounds although it was awesome to see her so much I was exhausted from the constant app but the absolutely adore each other it for sure worked out beautifuly

My eldest is 16 second 9 and youngest 5 but the youngest and eldest close so age doesnt really make a difference the eldest will feel like a mama bear or papa bear regardless

My son and daughter are 12 years apart he took 36 hours she was 13 hours

My oldest was 40 hours of back labor and 6 of hard. My second (2 years later) done in 6ish. Third one ( 6 years later) was 12 hours hard and number 4 (another 6 years later) was less than 4 hours

My kids are at years apart.the first labor was easy all natural the second needed to be induced and labor took a long time until they broke my water and then it went quick but hurt way worse then either my first.i didnt have an epidural with either

My daughter and son are 17 years apart and with my son my labor was only couple hours

My oldest and youngest are 22 years apart and I have a few in between. Both births were not great but everyone will have a different experience so don’t let it worry you.

My kids are 13 yrs apart. I was sick with my first and had no clue in my second. First 6 hrs labor second 21 hrs. It all depends on you

1st child (girl) is 17, 35 minutes in delivery 2nd(boy 11) child was induced 2 hours from waters being broke to delivery 3rd(boy6) child around 2 hours child 4 (girl 2) was nearly born in the car 8 minutes from arriving in hospital to delivery

all are different. I have 5. first one was 9 (in labor 12 hours) when I had number 2 (labor for 3 hours) number 3 was 11 months later (in labor 3 hours but didn’t realize it so only 1 hour at hospital) number 4 was 5 years later,( in labor 6 hours )and number 5 was 5 years alter and I was in labor 7 hours. (I had an epidural with him and they say it slowed my labor down. I didn’t care cause I didn’t feel the pain. lol mine are 21 years apart exactly.

I had my kids 10years apart and both my delivery’s were basically the same. Both were quick wasn’t in labor very long with no issues. Didn’t have to push very long and both babies were about the same weight.

My sister had twins January of 2010 and had her third March of 2019. My cousin has a 21 year old as well as a 5 and 3 year old. Had I not lost my last baby, I’d have a 19 year old and a newborn currently.

My son is 12 now and my youngest just turned 4. My pregnancy with my son was so much easier and faster than my last one with my daughter. But,I had to be induced with my daughter so that alone made the delivery process completely different. My actual pregnancy was so different too though. My body had aged 8 years between pregnancies,and that made a huge difference. It was a very difficult pregnancy for me,and my delivery was high risk so I had to be taken to a bigger hospital,over an hour away from me. So after being enduced in one hospital,I had to be moved over an hour away while in labor. I was in active labor for 25 hours with my daughter. I had the epidural but once I was ready to deliver my contractions were so strong I still felt them. It’s was the most pain I’ve ever experienced. Everyone’s body is different though. So your experience may be totally different than someone elses. Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy,and the delivery!

I have 3 boys (25, 20 and 13). The first was natural and labor was 7 hours (delivery took 15 min) the 2nd one was an emergency c-section (placental abruption) and the 3rd was c-section as well. They are all different.

I have an 11yr old 7yr and 4month…the pregnancy with the older 2 killed me with morning sickness with an easy delivery all with a reasonable timeframe I wanna say 12hrs in my 3rd one was a breeze but I had a rough one with the delivery

Mine are all 7 years apart. Had them at 29, 36, and 43. No difference in labor and delivery. All pretty easy and healthy! Just more fatigue with pregnancy and chasing a toddler!

21, 18 and 8… The third being much harder. Not only was I older but he didn’t want to come out😂.

I have 3 daughters 21, 13 and 8. I found my 3rd labor went really fast. It wasike my body knew what to do and it totally relaxed and she popped out. I had to be induced and labor only last 4hrs. The recovery wasnt too bad I had these horrid stomach cramps, but Dr told me it was to be expected after having 3 or more children.

Mine always got quicker. My oldest and youngest are 12 years apart

Each one was different for me I didnt even feel the third one tbh I was like 6 cm dilated when I went for my checkup

My daughter was 13 when I got pregnant for the last time. She was so mad, until we told her this was her baby. Then that baby was hers!! She told EVERYONE he was HERS!! It was so funny!! My actual labor started at 6pm. My contractions were 1 minute 30 seconds for hours. I went to the hospital at 830pm. I made sure my mom ate dinner. Too many babies were born without dinner. (2 of them not making that mistake again). At 10:00pm. They started pit. (Man I hate that stuff. Wish I could start my own hard contractions). At 3:30am they gave me an Epidural that didn’t work. 4:30am another one my body still didn’t go numb. . . One leg. . .I pushed him in 9 seconds. I knew it wouldn’t be long. My room was very busy though. Things were nuts that night. Hes now 13 years old. I have 4 children.

I had my son and daughter 9 years apart. My first labor and delivery was horrific and lasted 14 hours, I pushed 2 hours trying to get him out. My second L&D was almost 24 hrs but I only pushed for 3 mins and she was out.

My first was a normal induction. I was 18 and thought I was going to die. 12 or so hours later I didnt die. I just had a baby. 2nd child nearly 10 years later. Horrible pregnancy. Labored for 27 hours. Felt like a million bucks afterwards :woman_shrugging:

Yep Im nervous too. Almost 10yrs apart when I have my 2nd next month.

1 Like

I have a 10 & 7 yr old… 32 weeks pregnant with baby girl no 3… this pregnancy has been tougher than 1st two… I’m hoping labor won’t be too bad

I have 3 with 20 years between eldest and youngest. The eldest is 30 i had a 26 hour labour, 2nd is 22 i was induced with him, once they managed to get me into proper labour i went from 1 to 10 cm in 8 minutes delivered in 15 minutes. My 3rd is 9 i was induced with him 10 hours of active labour. It was the worst one but he was back to back.

My oldest 2 are 8 years apart…my second came way quicker and was bigger…but we had birth complications too

1st child 4 hr labor(girl), 10 yrs later 5hr labor (girl)following year less than 1 hr and he was here. Girls were really close but both are jealous of their brother.

I have for daughters, 24, 8 hrs labor, 20, 4hrs labor, 15, 1 1/2hrs labor and 6, with five hours labor. I have a huge gap between my oldest and youngest but I wouldn’t change any of it. All four are very close

I’ve got 4 first 2 close together then waited 10 year 1st preg was bad 3rd wasn’t far off pain wise although was quicker lol xx

My son will be 33 this year my daughter will be 14. Both were induced and almost 24 hrs labor

I had my first 2 kids 18 months apart then my 3rd was 7 years later. My third delivery wasn’t any worse or better then my first two, similar to my 2nd actually. Recovery wasn’t any different either and it was nice having older kids to help :joy:

I have a 10 year gap and my labor was the same as the first two. Good luck and congratulations

Mine are 16 years apart and my pregnancies were pretty much the same in all ways I just wasnt as sick with the second

First labor was 4 hrs … second was 4 years later induced… broke water had her an hr and a half later… 8 yrs later had my 3rd … labor was 5 hrs but hospital was packed and I was at 4 cm for a couple hrs and they weren’t sure I was really in labor​:woman_facepalming::flushed::roll_eyes: and considered sending me home even though I was in tears and screaming with pain of contractions…with my quick labor they should have known better… i was in triage … and barely made it to a room… had my baby at the end of the bed sideways… didn’t even make it in the bed… and room wasn’t even prepared… no baby warmer or anything… 4 th baby was 2 yrs after that… decide to get an epidural … I didn’t with the other 3… labor was 6 hrs

I have 4 kids now. Oldest son will be 13 in August (2 1/2hr labor, middle son is almost 9 (1 1/2hr labor), middle daughter is 6 1/2, (45 min labor) youngest daughter I just had 11 weeks ago (45 min labor, home birth) all pregnancies natural and delivered at around 38 weeks

My son and daughter are 11 years apart and it’s almost the same birth experience

Mine are 16, 10, 7, and 2. Each labor and delivery got quicker (not easier by any means) baby 3 was my worst. Baby 4 I had some of the same complications but we were more prepared for them.

I have a 24 year old a 23 year old and a 2 year old my oldest two was easy and fast delivery my youngest was my hardest pregnancy I had to have a C-section with her and it took forever to heal but remember everyone and every pregnancy is different

My kids are 16, 14, 13 and 1, all labours were easy. barely made it to hospital

My daughter will be 11 and my son will be 3. I was 27 when I had my first and 35 with my second. My first labor & deliver was around 4 hours. My second came in about 30 minutes :woman_shrugging:

Eldest 15years old natural 2nd one induced 10 years old 3rd one induced again super quick she’s 2 now

I have a 8year gap in between mine I am currently pregnant with my third child due October 1st. With my first I was in labor for over 10hours with my second I was in labor less than 3 hours I am hoping I can get induced with this one since it will be my last. Mind you my other two kids birthdays are in October

My second child was 8 1/2 years after my first. I had a long (26 hrs) labor with the first. My daughter was fast 3 hours.

My first 3 labors 8 hr start to finish my last baby was 20 hr start to finish!

My first and second daughters are 10 years apart

My kids are 8 years apart, active labor for both kids combined was under 10 hours. I had vaginal deliveries. Imo my body did the same for both. Wish you the best hun & congratulations

3 kids 5 years between each. And my third was the easiest. And the only one i wasnt induced for. Water broke naturally, it was maybe 4 hrs.

14 years between my first and 4th. I was induced with all but the last. He came so fast that my husband caught him in the car on the way to the hospital. Lol

I’m middle for my mom. My older brother took her 4 hours. With me, it took her 2 hours. With my little brother who came almost 12 years after me with no in-between pregnancies, he was born in 19 minutes. Her body didn’t forget what to do even with all the time in between.

With my first baby I was in labor for 23 hours and pushed for 3 hours…my second I was in labor for 11 hours and I pushed 4 times and he came out my third I was in labor for 7 hours and pushed about 4 times …there are 12 years in between my oldest and my youngest

I have 18 year old twins then a 13 year old and a 10 year old …each labour was quicker than the last …I’m now 21 weeks 4 days so hoping this continues

My first labor was 24 hours, second was 2.5 hours and my last baby was 1&3/4 hours. but my kids were under four years apart

My pregnancies were 6 years between the first two boys and 5 years between the the second and third. Each labor was different. The first was 26.5 hours then 10.5 housers then 6.5 hours. My second son was all back labor with the cord wrapped around his neck. My third son was the hardest pregnancy and delivery. I had GD with him and he was a large baby. Almost 2 lbs heavier than the other 2. His shoulders were stuck which is what made delivery the hardest. Each pregnancy and delivery were different. I was 35 with my youngest.

12.5 yrs between my two… 1st perfect pregnancy…labour was horrible nearly 72 hours… epi failed … 2nd terrible pregnancy (gest diabetes) induced labour but flew out within 6 hours once water broke

15 yr age gap. My last pregnancy was by far my easiest. All 3 were delivered vaginally.

My children are 22 years apart, 38, 35 and 13, first 2 had them natural, last one caesarean

She is not “what will be” your third daughter like she is some sort of non human tissue in your body. Your baby IS your daughter

1st was 8 hrs, 2nd 2.5 hrs from 1st contraction to birth. That was holding it-barely made it. Big hips wide pelvis :grin: 8 years apart

Every pregnancy is different. I wish you well. My 3rd was only 4 hrs, whereas my 7th child was 19 hrs!

I had my daughter in 2007 I was 22 emergency c-section then had my son 2015 29 had repeat c-section then this year in February I had c-section with twins. Each recovery was easy

I have 3 kids too. My first and third are 10 years apart. They have such a close bond it’s almost ridiculous. The last one will tell me she doesnt want me but she wants her sister :joy: My first labor was about 12 hours and the second was about 6 too. The third was around 6 I guess. Took just one push for her big butt to come out. I have wide hips so I end up pushing less and less, it seems.

My oldest is 9 and my youngest is 8months. I have 9, 8, 2, and 8 month old

My firstborn took 17 hours. My second 6 years later took 45 minuets my third 9 years later took 1 hour. The first one they knocked me out. The other two didn’t use anything NO TIME. :grimacing:

I have 18 years between mine and unfortunately had to have c-section but I was 40 when my last one was born. Gained so much weight compared to my other pregnancies and had gestational diabetes again though I was older. My youngest 6 now and I still haven’t lost the weight will lose it then gain it been dealing with it for 6 years so I think my body is like ok lady u older and fluffy now deal with it lol

All my kids will be 6 years apart. Due in September with #3…my two other labore were long and terrible lol I’m just assuming this will be too

My eldest is 7 and his labour was 4.5 hours, my second is 20 months and his labour was 6.5 hours and I’m currently 23 weeks with my 3rd xx

The same and they are 12 years between and they are just now not wanting to hurt him because we all spoiled him.

I have 20 years and 9 months between my oldest and my third child

I have 4 kids oldest is 40 and the youngest is 26 and labor got faster with each one. 8 hours , 4 and half , 3 and about 2 and a half

16 years apart. Both were easy, but one was premature and enduced. So it took much longer.

My first was just under 24 hours my second child was almost 4 years later and he was 6 hours labor my last one was 7 years after the second and was 2 hours in labor

I ended up having to have my first c section and she is baby num 5 but she’s now 2 and my son is now 11

I had mine 18 years apart was a horrendous pregnancy every thing that could have happened did

My first daughter I was in labor for 37 hours that resulted in a csection the second one I was induced and had her vaginally and was only in labor for 7 hours

I’ve had 4 . 1st 2 were 6years apart the others were 8 years apart. Each one was quicker than the one before it. Last one was almost 3hrs. 1st was 18hrs

26 hours in labor. Had them induce me slowly so they didn’t have to share a birthday. But the second the easiest delivery

I have two - 18 yrs and 6 yrs; 12 year and 4 day, age gap. My first labor was 23 hours with back labor. Second labor was less than 5 hours and no back labor.

Only 33 months between my boys but my youngest took about 45 minutes longer than my 1st

My youngest (boy) and oldest (girl) are 15 years apart, they are close and in each other’s lives…

My last after a large gap was my longest labor at 9 hours

All of mine went faster each time, my first was 12 hours, 8 hours, 4 hours and #4 was 2 hours. The 12 & 8 were 6 years apart

I have 2 girls. 9 years apart. I had emergency csections with both.

My girls were 12 1/2 yes apart. Labor was 6 hrs with 1st,5 hrs with 2nd

My son is 20 years old and my daughter is 7

With my five year old it was 18 hours for labor and delivery, 4 & a half hours with my two year old

Mine are 9 years apart. Delivered in first was 21 hours and 1 1/2 hours of pushing second was 7 hours and only 2 pushes

Mine are nine years apart and my second one came out much sooner, like four pushes and she was out.

23, 12,11, 2 and 10months. All csection so I’m no help on l&d but I will say the gaps are a killer and remind me of how old I am now.

They say it’s faster. Alot off people end up having shorter and shorter labors. My first was 26hrs my second was 27hrs

I have a 13 year old, 10 year old, 2 year old and I’m 19 weeks pregnant… my last labor went way quicker than the first two

My oldest was 17 when I had my 2nd son. Now they are 22 and 5 and are beat friends

18 years apart with two miscarriages in between and it went faster for me.

I had my first one at 23 and one 26 and third one one at 39 and my last one at 43. The last one came about a month early

Each labor and pregnancy are different

Mine are 39-37-35-20 & 18 so so 2-3 & 15 years apart all were c-sections so not a ny labor issues but my younger 2 have 3 extra parents (their older siblings)

I’m 39 and my sister is 16 and my brother is 13… My son also turns 13 in a few weeks :see_no_evil:

Not.at.all…with a large age gap it was like the first all over again. Longer actually.

My first and second are 5 years apart. First labor n deliver 19 hours , second labor n delivery 1.5 hours :grimacing:.