Scared to tell my family that I am pregnant

I found out that I am 9 weeks pregnant. I am so terrified to announce the news to my family, I feel like a lot would be disappointed about it. The only person who knows is the father of the child. I have 2 sons age 5 & 3. Currently unemployed due to covid restrictions. I’m just really always overthinking how their reactions would be. A jobless single mother with 2 kids and another on the way… I know I can take on the responsibility of raising another child, My kids always come first in my life… I’m just scared right now… What if no one would be happy for me? how would I react if they were to be disappointed about me being pregnant?

22 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Scared to tell my family that I am pregnant - Mamas Uncut

It’s YOUR pregnancy. All that matters is what YOU think.

12 Likes

The jobless part is not your fault so you shouldn’t ever feel shameful about that. Plenty of people are STILL in your position, but the media only shows you the get back to work radicals. Second EVERY. single pregnancy is a blessing from God, so many people are unable to conceive & you are blessed. That’s a beautiful miracle growing inside of you :heart:
Also, your pregnant because your home :joy: any woman can understand that ! Do not be scared. You are very early & anything could happen if you allow yourself to be completely stressed.
Embrace this with all you have, for all the reasons above. &
Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

I didn’t tell anyone. They are all just finding out I’m pregnant and I have less than 4 months left.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter what they think.

2 Likes

Focus on your little family. Forget about what the others will think. Be happy for you if you are happy and CONGRATS!!! :heart::heart::heart:

People are hiring all over the place

2 Likes

Baby be happy for yourself that your carrying life! It shouldn’t matter what others say or think.
Single mothers doing it better than 2 parent houses somedays.
Single mothers can give their kids more sometimes than what 2 parent houses can give.

Don’t sell yourself short over things you can’t control!
Please turn that frown upside and smile that YOUR PREGNANT OMGOODNESS!!! Congratulations!!

5 Likes

I I JUST DON’T GET IT!! I NEVER, EVER WORRY ABOUT WHAT ANYONE THINKS! what are you going to do ask them how they feel !! SAD ON WHOEVER DOESN’T LIKE IT NOW!! ONCE THE BABY IS HERE IT’LL CHANGE EVERYTHING!! You must have a lot of space for stress!! NOT GOOD FOR YOU! DAMN ENJOY YOUR TIME…ENJOY YOUR LIFE!!! GOOD LUCK!

3 Likes

The job issue is important BUT not a permanent problem.
You could always work from home, go to school (Pell grants) sell plastic bottles or sell cans.
I’ve done it, not the ideal situation but it’s money coming in.
There is always tanif (welfare) and food stamps, wic, clothing and diaper banks, goodwill (goid used clothes) let me tell you YOUR BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, and a amazing mother!!
If your family stops talking to you, ok that’s on them…YOU HAVE TO FOCUS ON YOUR FAMILY.
I FINALLY left a DV relationship of 7 years with 4 kids ages 4months,2 yes, 4yrs,and 6 yes BY MYSELF
No mom, no dad, no family and especially no baby daddy.
You have him, he knows NOW he needs to STEP UP and handle his buisness as a man.
You can DO IT, I BELIEVE IN YOU.
it might hurt but eventually the family will come around, if not thier loss, NOT YOURS

2 Likes

Babies are seldom planned but always a blessing. Enjoy the life you created. My husband lost his job shortly after I found out we were expecting. Very uncertain times but life has a way of working out!

1 Like

I would encourage you to consider adoption. We have ten wonderful adopted children. I am very grateful to the birth mothers that chose to give them life. Wishing you the best.

Things happen and If You are Happy with your choice, then that’s all you need to think about.
Everyone else will come around or not, that’s on their shoulders not yours.

1 Like

Well if your family isn’t happy for you… I am congratulations

When we mentioned our third pregnancy everyone was bummed, so we didn’t bother to mention our 4th :woman_shrugging:t2: everyone acting like they’re paying for it :joy: clowns!!!

3 Likes

I think nobody is disappointed in the kids just not the timing! Enjoy being pregnant and remember that being unemployed is not always the worst, enjoy your time with your kids and spend the time taking them to park with homemade meals!

1 Like

So many judgmental people on here, as I always say you got nothing nice to say, then say nothing. Remember #bekind. Good luck to you sweetheart. A baby is a blessing. Xxx

You are carrying your third baby stop worrying what others think or say. You need to care about yourself now your physical and mental health. You just keep being your best you and taking care of your children. Be happy life is good.

Who cares what they think. As long as you and the father are happy that’s all that matters. Their opinion and feelings are irrelevant.

F them. You do you. They can think its horrible or great but it doesn’t change that you are pregnant with two kids. Tell then to watch you and go take care of your business like a boss and leave them to their gossip

Congrats!! Don’t worry what others think!!

Who cares what they think! Are you happy with this pregnancy?! That’s all that matters! Best wishes for a great pregnancy!

Hate on me or not, but I was nervous to tell my family, and I’m married and employed. So, I had my daughter tell my family individually. She absolutely loved it. And because SHE was happy, they reacted positively. What they say after that is just concern for planning. But as long as you can hold your own raising your kids, that’s all that matters.

Don’t worry about what they think. I know easier said than done. It’s ur life live as u please. They don’t like it they can stuck it where sun don’t shine. U can get a job plenty are hiring right now. Having kids is hard but I’m sure there are ways u can support them in the meantime.

My parents were disappointed too when I was pregnant the second time and we didn’t talk for a while, my idea, because I decided to be happy about it and take care of myself. Once the air was cleared and they came around all was well. I’m pregnant again and this time around they are really excited. If family loves you they’ll come around. But you gotta do what’s right for you and your situation. My sister was also in a similar spot as you and there was a huge backlash from the family but it was totally different because I’m sure you’re super responsible and such.

I don’t think it’s good for a women to work while she’s pregnant and honestly if u take care of them without help from them they don’t have the right to say anything about it

First off, Congratulations!

Secondly, you will likely get comments. Just tell them to stuff it.

I say this to all my friends and family so I will repeat it here:
Unless a woman is visibly upset and tells you herself she is unhappy with being pregnant, any response other than a genuine “Congratulations!” Or “I’m so happy for you!” Is rude. Adult women making the choice to become mothers (1st time or 10th) are making that choice knowing everything about their situation. Having family or friends say anything that isn’t positive is an instant red flag that they do not respect you and will not be a good influence on your baby’s life