Scared to tell my family that I am pregnant

I found out that I am 9 weeks pregnant. I am so terrified to announce the news to my family, I feel like a lot would be disappointed about it. The only person who knows is the father of the child. I have 2 sons age 5 & 3. Currently unemployed due to covid restrictions. I’m just really always overthinking how their reactions would be. A jobless single mother with 2 kids and another on the way… I know I can take on the responsibility of raising another child, My kids always come first in my life… I’m just scared right now… What if no one would be happy for me? how would I react if they were to be disappointed about me being pregnant?

15 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Scared to tell my family that I am pregnant - Mamas Uncut

If you and the father are happy and okay with it, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. I would tell everyone

5 Likes

With my first child, i didn’t tell my family until i was 8 months pregnant and they were livid. Telling me to give him up for adoption or have a late abortion, etc. i kept him, (best decision I’ve made) and cut them off and had two more after him and I’m pregnant with my fourth. :woman_shrugging:t2: if they can’t be happy for you, and supportive, they can kick rocks. Good luck, momma! Congratulations!

7 Likes

Hey you are already pregnant if you’re keeping it be happy for yourself don’t worry about what others think or say. Make the announcement with a smile on your face, what’s done is done be happy.

1 Like

That’s their problem, not yours. It’s your child, and you will be fine. It’s really none of their business! You are an adult, and already a mom, so whatever their opinion is doesn’t matter. If they want to be in your life, then they can be supportive. If they can’t be supportive, tell them to shut up and go away.

If you are happy and can provide for the children without government assistance I say have as many as you want, if you are depending on assistance I can see why others would be concerned.

13 Likes

Tell them I would n be so happy to do it!! Congrats!!!

1 Like

They eventually all come around and are fine with it after they realize “oh shit this is real”, I’ve dealt with it before when I was pregnant and eventually they all got over it and loves them all the same.

My family wasn’t happy when I told them I was pregnant. It really hurt so I understand you being nervous to say anything. If they don’t support you then they don’t deserve to be in your life or the babies life

1 Like

You tell them to kick rocks barefoot. Babies are blessings and come just when they’re needed to. Everything happens for a reason. You’ll be fine mama! Good luck

Stop having babies you can’t support. :yawning_face: