Should a 4 year old sitll be in diapers?

My granddaughter potty trained at 2 we finally got her a potty she was comfortable with. We went through for potty chairs and the fifth one it revealed a crab and an ocean scene when the urine hit the bottom, she was so excited she kept on going and going and wanted to see the crab

3 at latest I mean I’ve got all boys so it was easy just let them pee wherever whenever

I’m a special needs mom so it’s a little different, but I think any timeline is acceptable to try

3 Likes

My boys trained late, they were both 4. This was because they’re aunty (like 10 at the time) told them a monster was going to eat their doodles lol

They’re fine now, doesn’t mean I’m lazy I just didn’t push and push and push and let them decide to go on their own. My daughter is 3 and I’m trying to potty train her now, she’s taken better to it than her brothers but I still won’t be pushing and pushing because I want her to feel comfortable with doing it herself, not pressured. She knows she has to use the toilet to be a big girl, she knows she gets a reward if she starts going without me asking/nagging.

1 Like

I just picture a 4 yr old wearing a diaper to pre-k :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
I told my son they wont allow him at school unless he used the potty.

My son was potty trained at 2 1/2. My daughter will be 2 in a couple days doesn’t seem to have any desire to be potty trained or recognize when she was gone pee or pee. I think once they can make that connection that they went pee or that their diaper is wet or feels uncomfortable that’s the time to do it. Though I’m hoping to potty train my daughter before she turns 3.

Started introducing the potty chair when my girls were 1. By the time they were 2, they pretty much had the idea…
I have heard of it taking much longer… As long as they are potty trained by kindergarten…

Eldest was dry day and night by 18 months, son by 2 and my youngest has just turned 2 and learning

I think 4 is too old for diapers but you cant force them to go my son is nearly 4 and he hated the toilet then one day out of the blue he told me " I went toilet" my daughter is over 2 and refuses the toilet like squeals as soon as i put her on any sort of toilet

I am going to start sitting my son on the potty he is 16 months it’s a start but by 3 should be completely potty trained

I think too many moms are being judgemental. Each child is different. Each situation unique.
I had one child I pushed from age 2, he rebelled and wouldn’t fully train till 5 years. Many tears and frustration. Then my next 2 I refused to push and they TOLD me at 3 1/2 they were going to wear underwear. 4 th child grandma gently pushed at 3 years only because I was hospitalized for 3 weeks at the time.

4 Likes

Hard to answer without all the information. I have two girls my fist was potty trained at two and a half. My youngest is three and she is nowhere near being potty trained. With her being autistic and semi verbal she cant tell me and still has no control over her pee.

My son was 2 1/2 when we started Everytime we changed him wet or dry we put him on the toilet to sit, just to get him used to the idea. When we really pushing it I put a sticker chart on the bathroom door and when he went pee he got to pick out a sticker. Got the pee down pat then started poop. And when he went he got a dum-dum sucker. That worked for us

My daughter will be 5 in May and we are struggling to potty train because she is level 3 non verbal autistic

3 Likes

Every child is different some just take longer than others. My oldest was fully potty trained by 3 but my youngest is going to be 4 in November and still won’t use the potty. I take him to potty around the clock but he still won’t use it. His pediatrician said that he will when he’s ready and that we are doing all we can do. So no it may not be lazy parenting. There’s no one to blame especially not the child, she just simply may not be ready.

1 Like

I feel like for a neurotypical, and physically abled child 4 is old enough to understand and at least try to start potty training. You never know if they’ll get the hang of it or not but by then you should definitely at least be introducing the potty

3 Likes

I only have boys so I don’t knowbout girls but by three no more diapers but all children are different but I would at least recommend to have them out of them by pre k and kindergarten

My son didnt get potty trained till 3 hes 4 now, and It does take time and consistancy on both parts.

1 Like

4 is way too old in my opinion. Thats laziness on the parents part and stubborn on the childs part. If the child knows theyve gone potty they’re too old to be in diapers still. I’ve been babysitting for 13 years and have 6 younger siblings. The three kids ive been babysitting for the last 3 years I have potty trained the older two and just recently started working with the youngest who just turned 2. The middle child is a boy and he took a while longer but still. He’s potty trained and has heen for a few months and isnt 4 yet…

It’s when the child is ready, the more you push training the more problems you will have. It should be a natural process. Teach them about the potty, practice, and they will when they are ready.

4 Likes

If you’re school aged you’re too old for diapers. I was in kinder at 4

My children potty trained at 2 so have my oldest 2 grandchildren. Get rid of diapers.

My son has been using the potty since right before his 3rd birthday. Hes about to be 4 and he still wears a pullup at night. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

OP Update

Guys I was also asking for myself I was calling her lazy at all I’ve just seen a lot of people say that about parents whose kids are 4 and older and still not potty trained my niece is perfectly health she talks like an adult and btw my baby sister is autistic and potty trained by age of 2 so delayed is not always the case I appreciate the advice some have said but again I am ALSO asking advice for myself I feel there is a lot of pressure to make sure my daughter is potty trained by a certain age and don’t want to be called lazy if she doesn’t … :confused:

3 Likes

It’s different for everyone my child is 8 months and shes already learning to use the potty

1 Like

My kid was fully potty trained at 18 months … Persistence is key … Have a routine… Reward pottying … It’s not rocket science :wink:

2 Likes

It is the parents fault. By age 2 children have control of their bladder and anal spinchter muscles. It in not the childs fault if the pare ts have not taken the diapers away and put her in real panties.

3 Likes

Or maybe, has this mom looked at physical reasons her child my not be able to “hold it”? :thinking:My sister was missing a valve from her bladder & was physically unable to stop the urine flow. She had to have surgery to correct it. There may be other physiological issues at hand :hugs:

1 Like

Noone has the right to have an opinion on when is too old for a child to be potty trained, if you force them it can be damaging and even if she can acknowledge that she has gone she may not be able to tell when she needs to yet. It doesn’t matter his many kids you’ve raised or babysat or whatever every child is different. Stop judging people you know nothing about.

4 Likes

Its your child and its your decision how u wanna handle it remember who the hell cares lol my three year old dies pull ups at night but he was the stubborn one my 5 ur old was done at barely two but they we’re boys and they liked it when I told them to pee on trees and stuff girls are different I’ve been told I honestly think 4 is kinda old but hey ultimately its up to the adults to be on top of it and to know if its just lazy ness or just a late bloomer

1 Like

I think 3 is pushing it. They have underwear thats more padded to make them feel uncomfortable to encourage using the potty.

3 Likes

And forwarning if u start too soon sometimes they go back to peeing in pants but I agree if u in school u better be peeing in the potty😂

My 4 yr old was peeing in the potty at 3 but wouldn’t poop in the potty till after he turned 4. There wasn’t laziness on our part. He’s just a head strong kid who said he wasn’t pooping in the potty until he was ready and he didn’t.

Some parents are lazy with it and some aren’t. I try my hardest not to judge another parent because I don’t know their situation and well, because they aren’t my kids.

2 Likes

My kids potty trained early but I think you will know when the right time is. Every child is different but it takes determination on the parents part to take the time to go in the restroom w them every time and to take them w you every time you go

1 Like

every child is different

1 Like

My daughter is going to be 4 on 6/10 and she’s fully potty trained. Goes Tee in the potty all day everyday. But she refuses to go number 2 in the potty and will only use a diaper. I’ve tried everything in the world to try and bribe her to use it but she just loses her shit and it’s not worth cleaning shit out of underwear or out of my rug. The child might have development delays or there might be another reason for it. The parent should at least try and get them in the potty, it’s exhausting I know I’ve potty trained 2 boys and 1 girl now. It still has to get done in order for the child to attend school.

Man… so I get how it seems like lazy parenting
BUT my child is 4 and he’s just not taking to this potty thing! I’ve tried EVERYTHING!
I’m really trying to remain patient in this and believe that when he’s ready it will happen. He’s the baby of the bunch. My other two sons were using the potty at this age so this is so new and sometimes bewildering and can be a bit frustrating.

1 Like

What she does with her kid doesn’t need to be any of your business and if she ask you can give your opinion but really the best would be tell her to talk with her doctor.

My oldest wasn’t potty trained fully till he was in pre-K (he turned 4 in June started school) and still had PLENTY of accidents where I still pack extra undies now cause he just doesn’t stop playing or reading to go potty.

My middle child is 2 and ALMOST fully potty trained still wearing diapers at nap and night and still struggles with #2. But will go most times

I think it all depends on the kid. What works for your kid and each individual kid.

1 Like

I say each child is different. We start when they are dry overnight or LONG 5 hour stretches. Take the child when they wake from nap, before shower, and before or after meals. They usually train within 1 month this way. But for my oldest it was 18 months. My middle was 3 My youngest is 2.5 and JUST starting. We also dont use a potty chair. We just face the child to the tank. They learn to use the potty anywhere this way. :slight_smile:

It is not the child’s fault. When first potty training it is the Mom or caregiver who is trained…to take the child at regularly spaced times…
My kids were all pottybroke by 2 or 2.5 one earlier.
I had a daycare/preschool…infants to Kindergarten. All kids were potty broke definitely by 3. That was rare for them to not be completely pottybroke at daycare by latest 2.5.
But I had children that were totally accident free for me 100% of the time here. They would go home and have to have a diaper on. I did not even have diapers here for them.
They are so smart.

1 Like

Every kids is diffrent! but my 1st was almost 4 when he was finally potty trained and i tryed everything!!! And it pissed me off to hear comments from family of what i should do when i tryed it already…What that has taught me a kid will be potty trained when they r ready and not any sooner! some kids take longer than others. I have a 2 almost 3 year old i keep introducing the potty and he has a special chart with stickers but i don’t push it. I encourage him to go and im just getting him used to the idea he still isn’t showing all the signs he is able to potty train and still wakes from naps and bed time with a full diaper. That is a sign that the bladder hasn’t mastered the skill of truly holding it. honestly i did everything o could read or hear with son # 1 and honestly he woke up one day and started going no bed wetting or accidents fully potty trained just like that. All the frustrations and tears and he just woke up one day and did it on his own. I was excited. So thats why with son #2 i just keep introducing the idea let him wear big boy underwear or sit on thw potty if he wishes but i know when he is ready he will take off just like his brother. So dont judge diapera r expensive every parent is ready for potty time but some kids just need more time to get it :heart:

1 Like

4 is too old to be in a diaper. Potty training should start around 2…its not the kuds fault. Thats just lazy parenting in my opinion. My little was trained by 2.5 yrs. Poop and pee. There were still moments where he would have an accident and that was fine. He had pull ups for sleeping and during the day it was all just normal undies. I would have 2 pairs of pants, sock, undies and an extra pair of shoes in a backpack incase we were out and he had an accident. Aldo had a wet bag and baby wipes, and a few bounce sheets. To each their own. I once saw a 7 year old sucking juice from a bottle whilst buying a candy bar at a gas station. That really irritated me. Lol

1 Like

4 is too old to be in diapers unless they are special needs. Parent must not be consistent

My oldest was trained before she was 2… about a year and 9 months. My 2 others boys and girl were 2… I have a special needs son who is 15 and still in diapers. I think it depends on how much time and how consistent the parents are…

Honestly i was 4 and so was my little sister when we were potty trained. We started with my oldest in January and she’s 3. It’s also not my place to judge so

2 Likes

Every single child is different and does things on different times in different ways. Judging another parent for how they parent, especially as a woman/mother is NEVER okay. My son tells me when he went to the bathroom but refuses to go in the potty. My oldest was stubborn but easier then my youngest that’s for sure. My advice is to let that parent do it the way they feel is most comfortable for THEIR child. This is a group for mothers to come and feel safe to talk, ask advice, and feel welcomed. Some of you should feel ashamed with your judgmental replies! Parenting is NOT black and white… and none of us are perfect!

5 Likes

Some kids do things at their own pace some parents are lazy some aren’t it just matters how you raise your child, I think the parent shaming should stop

1 Like

I feel comfortable in saying 4 is way past diaper age.
I place the problem on not requiring her to go on potty (never used potty chairs for my own or 17 yrs of daycaring) consistency is a must when letting child know it is no longer acceptable to go anywhere but on toilet
If it is not something Mom wants to put the effort into then that is the reason it isn’t done.
But personally it turns me off to hear a child comment and acknowledge they have soiled their diaper. Shows they clearly understand well enough to be using toilet.
But it is obvious Mom would rather change diapers than take her to bathroom. But not child’s fault.

2 Likes

My daughter will be 3 years old this May. She has just recently started showing any interest in the potty. She was born a month early though and she has consistently been 3 months behind in all milestones for her age. But I know it takes effort on the parents part to potty train a child. When they aren’t ready nothing you do can make them ready. All kids are different. My first son was potty trained in the day by 3 years old and nights by 4 before starting prek he was fully potty trained. But it took maximum effort on my part. My next son was still in diapers until he was 3 and a half and just started getting potty trained when I brought our new baby home. Literally the day I had her my mom watched the 2 boys for a few days while I was in the hospital and I came home expecting to have a newborn in diapers and a 3 year old in diapers but he never wore a diaper during the day since then. Always night time accidents though. He is now 9 and still wets the bed at night so he STILL wears pull ups to bed at night. Some kids are just like that My 3rd was my first girl and she started potty training at 2 and a half and was fully potty trained in a month of minimal parental effort. She didn’t need a pull up at night since she was 3. By far the easiest to potty train thus far. I plan on really starting with my 4th child (my little princess devil daughter) in a week or so when I have more time to fully focus on her. It all really depends on the child more so than the parents but I don’t think it’s necessary to call anyone lazy or belittle a mom because her 4 year old is still in diapers. If she doesn’t take the time to sit and hold her kids hand on the potty that’s not being lazy. That’s being busy. You shouldn’t have to do that anyway. You remind the child every so often about going potty and take them in and help them get up there and give them a few mins of privacy and go help them clean up after. Your not lazy because you don’t have time to sit in the bathroom for 20 mins while your kids messes around and doesn’t do anything anyway. That’s senseless to me. Teaching is different to every family though and if that works for some its great if not do what I just said or just let the kid run around naked. That’s the best way for many kids cuz it’s much easier to recognize what their body is telling them when they aren’t loaded down with a diaper and fully clothed with shoes and socks.

1 Like

Stop comparing, each child is different. I will say if the child tells the Parents after the have gone it is time to talk to them about the potty. And put them on . My Doctor said when they are ready they would do it.

2 Likes

Some kids take longer. If it forced on a child that isn’t ready, it will only take longer.

1 Like

All my kids minus my 9 month old were potty trained by the time they were 3. I tried to stay consistent but I was a single mom each time I had to potty train one of my kids and worked full time jobs. Sometimes I was just too tired. And if the babysitter/daycare aren’t staying consistent either, it definitely takes longer, I think. Idk if 4 is too old bc mine were just a year younger but by 5 I think they should be potty trained. Alot of schools require kids to be potty trained before they go into kindergarten too. You can try to make it fun for the child, Google potty training tips and be as consistent as possible. If you give child a drink, wait 15 minutes and put them on potty, keep doing that and they’ll get it. Good luck.

By 4 she should be potty trained. She will need to be before kindergarten. Is said mom not sure how to do or is she just not paying attention?

4 is way to old to b in a diaper. I would blame the parent/parents fer being lazy. I started training my kids when they started walking. Boys are harder than girls. Girls are easy

3 Likes

My daughter was nearly fully trained by 2. She just turned 3 and we don’t even use pull-ups at night or on road trips. Yes, it can take longer for some kids especially special needs kids, but as a norm most are trained by 2-3 years of age.

3 Likes

3 is to old for diapers mother needs to potty train her if they know it’s got to be changed and tells you there to old

The second they can walk, start actively training.

2 Likes

I’m a firm believer that every kid learns at their own pace. :woman_shrugging:t3:
I do believe you should make an effort to get your kids to potty, especially at 4, but we don’t know what else is going on, and we shouldn’t judge. :woman_shrugging:t3:
My daughter is 18 months and has a training potty and well be starting soon because she’s showing signs that she’s ready.
But for all I know she might not fully catch on until she’s 4 no matter how hard I try or what I do.
So everyone should stop judging.
Every kid can’t be potty trained by 2. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I would save judgement because they may have some kind of disability. My daughter is 4 1/2 still in diapers. But tells us when she needs changed. We have got her on the potty very few times because she screams like we are setting her on a cactus. Shes severely autistic and her sensory issues cause alot of the problems. But she wants clean diapers on and helps get changed. Fingers crossed to get her potty trained soon but I have been on the receiving end of alot of judgement over the diapers as well as meltdowns because people weren’t aware of the special needs she has and the struggle to even get her to do the things she does. We are lucky to get her hair washed and brushed in the same week because she is hypersensitive with her head

3 Likes

My daughter had a hard time potty training. She regressed so many times. She started potty training at 2 and did great but didn’t finally “get it” fully until 4 years old. She’s 5 now and still wears a pull up to bed though. I can’t seem to get her trained for overnights yet.

I got my youngest sd when she was 5 changing her own pullups, using sippy cups didn’t even know her full name. I changed all that it only took a couple weeks.

I was told when they show interest in the toilet to start potty training

the parents are lazy if a child can say they potty in their diapers

2 Likes

My sister wasn’t 4 but she was older than she should have been to be in diapers and she would hide them come say change me. Her doctor recommended making her stay in a dirty diaper longer and saying something along the lines of now if you went on the potty like a big girl this wouldn’t happen. It worked after a few weeks.

I should mention this was after months and months of trying to actively potty train her. She was a stubborn child and is now still a very stubborn 15 year old. :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 years old is on the later end but if she gets regular checkups then the doctor knows and is discussing their particular circumstances. There are literally a million scenarios that could account for it so it’s very hard to call. But for me… I have 2 kids. They are a year apart so diapers were getting waaaaay too expensive, and they were already trying so… one day I took off the diapers cold turkey n never looked back. Evenings were rough for about 2 weeks… but they got tired of waking up n me changing sheets n clothes… they’d start waking up n going… plus you limit beverages at night… cut them off a couple hours before bedtime n make it routine to go before bed

1 Like

I was potty trained by 5 but i was a stubborn lil shit😂

My 2.5 year old has no interest in potty training. We try all the time. She just isnt ready and it usually ends in tears. Honestly i would rather not make any negative associations with going to the toilet bc that might set us back. Just let the woman parent her child! Ita not yours and therefore not your problem.

5 Likes

That’s pure laziness on the parents. My daughter was potty trained at 18 months.

3 Likes

Age 2 or so. Take your cues from child. If they dont like wet/soiled diapers, try sitting them on toilet. Dont push it…just reward when they do go on toilet. Say things like…doesn’t it feel good not to be wet or not have to wear diapers when you can wear training pants…Good luck. :blush:

My daughter was out of diapers by age 1. My son by 2
The parents are lazy AF

I didn’t even do potty training. I moved them to pull ups as soon as they showed any interest in the potty at around 1 1/2 and just had them sit on their potties whenever I went and eventually they decided to try and go. My middle child who is 11 now was self trained at 3 and the youngest which is 8 now wanted to potty like sister and self trained at 2 1/2 . I struggled trying to potty train my oldest (22 now) and he wasn’t fully potty trained til almost five. Laziness on my part actually helped with a stress free transition to toilets from diapers.

1 Like

4 is definitely on the older end. My daughter was almost 3 when we got her potty trained.

Lazy parenting. If the child knows when she went potty or when she has to go its time to potty train.

Stop comparing children. My son would tell me when he would go potty in his diaper, but whenever I would try to put him on the potty, he would scream. He was terrified of the potty, no matter what tricks I tried. He’s finally potty trained at 3 years old. Just woke up one day and went to the potty all by himself. Once I stopped trying to force it, he did it on his own! Some kids are just not ready. She might have a developmental disorder or something. Every child learns at their own pace! There is no “right age” to be potty trained at :roll_eyes: I’m sure you’re not there seeing everything that is going on constantly, so how do you know she hasn’t tried?

6 Likes

If there going through the night dry, skip the diapers.
There ready for the potty :toilet:
Take them every time you go, and talk to them about your experience, tell them how good it feels to not be wet.
They hear you, I promise.

My first was potty trained by 2 she was so good she used pullups for 1 day. My 2nd daughter however will be 4 in June and i have tried everything some days shes fine others shes not its all on the kid

1 Like

all my kids were trained at different ages. My second child was TOTALLY against it. Turns out he is that way about EVERYTHING new in his life. My 3rd child (2 1/2 years younger) trained himself about the same time as his older brother was done. Again, he does things about the same time still. Personalities DO matter. Whatever you do, DON’T yell at them or belittle them for not doing things in YOUR time. It will happen eventually. Is it really that big of a deal when?

1 Like

My 3 year old is daytime potty trained. We started at 18 months but it’s FINALLYs sticking to her lol

4 years old is to old to be in pampers

5 Likes

My first daughter who is going to be 4 next week was full blown potty trained at 26 months. My 2.5 year old daughter has absolutely no interest she will sit and try and then 5 minutes later pee her pants I dont think she knows yet when she actually has to go. For so long I was comparing them but they are two didferent kids. We will just keep trying and see what happens.

1 Like

My baby girl is 16 months and we are buying her a potty this week. Just to start getting her used to having one she loves flushing the toilet and always is trying to figure out why I sit on it. So I figured she could sit on hers while I sit on mine. No pressure just introduction…

2 Likes

I was trained about a week before I started kindergarten (3.5 years). My parents fought tooth and nail for me to learn lol. Meanwhile my sister who is 18 months younger than me trained herself because she saw my parents do it to me.

For the first part of your question. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. That’s their business not yours or anyone else’s. And second part mine is three and we are still trying after months and months. Only way to tell is when you feel she is ready to start.

5 Likes

I stated potty training around 2.5 to 3 one was earlier because she got it quickly. Each child is different. Maybe mom knows something different.

It’s very clear and obvious that that parent has no interest in teaching/bonding. If there are no problems with child, then child should definitely be potty trained or still be training. But the fact that they aren’t doing anything at all is a problem.
Kids are in kindergarten by 5/6 and they have to be potty trained.

Personally, I would tell the mom to step the fuck up and start being a fucking parent. If she’s not potty training her kid, then she’s definitely not teaching her how to count or the alphabet or how to do anything.

Now for you:
Kids will show interest when they’re ready to potty train. When you do start to potty train, please make sure to NEVER NEVER NEVER use punishment as a tool during training. It will only cause trauma and distress, most likely causing baby to regress. Make sure to not make them feel bad about accidents and just teach them how to prevent them.
I can’t stress enough how important it is to not scare your child from the potty. Something as small as a stern talk can trigger stress and cause them to get overwhelmed when it comes to using the potty.
Try to make it something fun so that they’re excited about it.

How about not judging the mom. We all parent differently and children mature at their own rate.

Ain’t none of their business.

2 Likes

Time definetly needs to be set aside to commit to toilet training - Having to get up every other hour to just have a sprinkle or a “oh not yet” . But as long as you are managaing bladder control . My Son is 3 & has day naps without a diaper but at night he wears pull ups just incase . We’ve been training him since he was 18months & Hes fine with peeing - just the pooping part he’s not a good judge lol Is it a poo is it a fart ? etc lol

Every kid is different.
If kid is telling parent and parent is doing nothing to get things going- they’re just being lazy.

Some kids take years to get potty trained even if they’re ready.
Personally, I started potty training my oldest at 22 months and he was fully potty trained at 2. Even through the night. He’s 4 now and no issues. He goes on his own. We travel the country with no accidents. He was easy.

My middle child (boy) was about 18 months old when we started (he expressed interest and even accomplished it on his own so we figured he was ready) and he is now 2.5 and potty trained but has occasional accidents at bedtime or if he’s in the car for long periods of time.

We potty trained our niece starting at two and kind of forced her into it because she could fully communicate. She wasn’t fully potty trained until she was five.

1 Like

What I did with mine worked for me. At 15,months I stopped with diapers and put them in pull ups and never used a diaper at all after that. I took them to the bathroom and put them on their potty chair several times a day. I didn’t push them but wanted to show them how it works. And called the pull ups underwear. So my kids we’re potty trained by 2 1/2. But I agree. All children are different.

3 Likes

Well it depends my daughter is 5 turning 6 October and she still wears diaper but she has Autism and is non verbal but we are starting to sit her 5 to 6 times a day in the toilet when she wakes up during school, after school around 2 then 5 then before she goes to bed…

If she’s telling them she needs or wants to go, then she’s ready and her parents should take her!!! I say if they don’t they are lazy and it’s no way the child’s fault!!!

2 Likes

Wtf? How in ANY way, shape or form would this be the child’s fault???

1 Like

It is never the child’s fault for not being out of nappies at that age. Either lazy parenting or maybe some form of illness. My eldest way out of nappies by two an a half. I just took his nappy off n let him get on with it he learned within a couple of days that it was nicer for him to sit on the potty that it was to have wet clothes.

1 Like

Depending on the child’s developmental delays usually 24 months two in half 4 she should be going on the toilet Unless she has developmentally delayed

1 Like

If they want to talk about this with anyone they should to the mother if that child. There are so many more important issues in the world besides a child being in diapers.
My son was 2 when started potty training and bring consistent is key. Every chilf is different just like every adult is different.

1 Like

First of all, How is it the child’s fault!? You can’t blame a four year old for not being potty trained.
Second, if the child is telling the parent they used the potty in their diaper then that is showing that the child is ready to be potty trained already… So the parent is being lazy.
Third, yes every child is different my child showed no interest in being potty trained she was 2 1/2 before she learned to potty in the toilet. I was told to never force a child to potty train especially if they showed no interest but in this situation this child is showing signs so the parents need to at least try

1 Like

My son was 3, but after trained,he never had any accidents nor bed wetting!

My Son turned 2 and I started him on potty training, I was in the Air force working and did it on days off, he was fully trained in 4 months, it take a little work, they should be out of diapers before 3, that’s my opinion, just plain lazy if you ask me. The parent has to get this done, it’s not the kids fault that he is not trained.

Each child/parent is different, what works for one won’t always work for another. I don’t think a child should be in diapers at 4 yrs old unless there is a disability. My daughter was potty trained @ 18 months bc I was pregnant with my son and couldn’t afford to buy diapers for 2!! Since then (I’m a 47 yr old grandmother now lol) I have noticed (learned, realized, whatever you wish to call it) that girls train faster and easier than boys, my son was over 3 b4 completely potty trained. But, as I said all kids and/r parents are not alike and each case is different. Can also tell you though when you decide to try and start don’t stop and don’t use pull-ups, pull-ups feel and look like diapers, use panties/underwear, u don’t want any confusion for your child. Make a plan, decide a date and good luck. Don’t give up it doesn’t happen overnight, especially with lil boys so have patience they will figure it out just like u.

I think when a child tells you they have gone in their diaper, they are ready to go in the bathroom.