Should a 4 year old sitll be in diapers?

I had my son potty trained at 2. We had to pull him out of daycare because of an injury. I tried so hard to put him on the potty every 2 hours but he just wouldn’t go in the potty. Now he is 3 and a half but refuses to poop in the potty. I’m stuck too.

I started trying to potty train my 1st son when he just turned 2 and it started off easy but then at nearly 3 he just stopped and was back in nappies til he was 3 and 2 months after turning 3 he is now fully potty trained but not tried in the night yet.

My 2nd son has just turned 2 and he is nearly ready but not yet. I’m waiting til 3.

I think by 4 or 5 they should be potty trained in time for school but every kid is different.

I could get my daughter to pee on the toilet by four but struggled regarding poos… However she still had dry nights for overnight to avoid accidents but eventually after about 3 months out grew that stage to, my son though took the idea of peeing in the toilet and started dropping his pants and peeing everywhere.

My son was potty trained before 3, those parents are lazy!

My boy is 5 and still sleeps in diapers. I dont think that’s normal but he also has sensory issues so maybe it is?:woman_shrugging:He’ll outgrow it eventually.

4 is way too old in diapers!!!

My girls were potty trained my 2 1/2 at the latest but my oldest boys were both 4. I think every child is different but i also think of the child is saying that they went in their diaper that they should be potty trained

Each kid is different my son was almost 4 when he was finally potty trained my daughter was potty trained by 2

My daughter was 4 before she was fully potty trained. My son before he turned 3. It depends on the child. No 2 kids are the same

1 Like

Mom’s lazy. The child shows she’s ready. Needs to work with her.

1 Like

Depends if the child has any developmental problems or not.

Well, before I had our son, I would’ve said 3 Is the proper age, but he has Autism. It was a LOOOONG time before he was completely continent. We definitely had judgmental comments and looks. That being said, if the child is 4 and communicating that she is dirty, then she is most likely capable of potty training.

If the child doesn’t have any medical problems, he or she can be trained as early as 18 months old. I feel that at age 2 is the best age for that. three or four is way too old for any healthy child. My daughter was trained at 2 years old and my grandsons around the same age.

I don’t know what to really say about this lazy? Maybe but maybe not I have 5 kids and all but one has been potty trained between 16-18 months now I have a 3 yo that know how to go on the potty and choose not to I have had a hard time potty training her

Both my kids were potty trained by 1

2 Likes

Parents fault! If child tells parents when she has gone to the toilet in her potty and there are no medical issues to cause incontinence there is no reason this child should not be potty trained incase at 4 they should be just straight out using a toilet and I would argue if there is no reason for this child to be in nappies and it is down the parents laziness then it is borderline child abuse/neglect. X

It depends on the case. A four year old wearing a pullup doesn’t mean the parents are lazy and it is NOT neglect lmao. It took my daughter till probably four to go #2 on the toilet. Doesn’t mean something was wrong with her or me. I tired everything but was coparenting so it was frustrating but no1 was to blame. She wasn’t ready. Then one day she was ready and we didnt look back.

My boy is 4 and still in diapers. He wont talk to me. He doesnt use any words. And thr last time i sat him on the potty he headbutt my chin incredibly hard 3x.

He also has a sensory issue and is nonverbal

That being said my 3 yr old girl has been trained to go on the potty for a very long time already.

They are 2 different children with different needs. Anyone calling anyone lazy is a fucking shitty way to exist imo

If my friend thought i was lazy because my nonverbal sensory issue child cant go on the potty id fucking cut them.

My son was completely dry through day at 3. Hes just turned 4 and still wears trainin pants for bed cos he still has odd accident x

Lazy… I have a three yr old he started potty training at 2.5 and now he is 3 and potty trained he still uses diapers at night but again he just turned 3