Should a 7 and 10 year old take a bath together?

Maybe just mind your business?

4 Likes

Way wrong and totally inappropriate

2 Likes

Inappropriate in my opinion

1 Like

Definitely way too old!

1 Like

It is not okay, you are teaching the kids no boundries, no need for privacy . These are the kids that go to school or a friend’s house do inappropriate things because they weren’t taught any different and they thought that’s how all kids did things . Or when they have an older child or adult inappropriate with them with harmful intent they don’t know enough to know its wrong. They are the perfect victim . Other cultures are exactly that other cultures many of which do things like this due to poverty and lack of clean water not for moms convenience. Also kids have trouble speaking up to thei r parents when they are uncomfortable w things. When I was young on vacation I would have to share one of the hotel beds with my older brother, little did they know he had been abusing me for yrs , according to the logic on here I guess I had to voice I was uncomfortable and all would have been OK. ( and no I do not over sexualize things because of that I have long since healed and do not see peds in everyone or over sexualize anything , i have an extremely heathly understanding of all of that its just an example)Id be shocked if that 10 yr old is not a little if not completely uncomfortable with it. My daughter was definitely aware of her changing body and her need for privacy at 10. Special needs is a completely different thing, but for siblings of that age and opposite gender with out any special needs you take the risk of them baring emotional scars as a result for your need for convenience there is absolutely reason they have to bath together.

5 Likes

Absolutely not. Not past the age of 3 maybe 4

1 Like

Mind your own business lol those aren’t your kids.

8 Likes

Not your kids. Not your business

5 Likes

I don’t see any problem with it. They’re siblings and have probably been bathing together their whole lives.

5 Likes

I don’t find anything remotely wrong with it ,would you question if they were the same gender ??? No probably not … my boys 11 & nearly 9 still like to bath together occasionally .

4 Likes

Don’t see a problem with it so long as the girl hasn’t started developing,as soon as she does I think it’s not acceptable.

1 Like

Not acceptable
Bodies are changing
Need personal time to bathe

5 Likes

I don’t agree with it either, my daughter just turned 6 & I have a 9yr, 8yr, 4yr & 2yr old boys & I stopped letting my daughter bathe with any of them when she turned 4. The only 2 that bathe together now are my 4yr old & 2yr old boy.
Plus kids feel awkwardness too, theyre humans!

3 Likes

That’s not right in my book. Little girls are maturing so early these days. My neighbors little girl got her period at age 9. They need to be taking separate baths. They need to learn about privacy.

4 Likes

Don’t see the issue they are kids the only person sexulising it is you. Let the kids be kids.

8 Likes

Most kids will develop “modesty” in their own sense of time. My 9yo son hasnt wanted to be seen naked for a long time now. If they feel weird about it, they’ll be sure to let you know lol

3 Likes

Personally we start out young teaching the kids about private parts so my kids stoped bathing together when the boy was 2 and the girl was 3 even the boys bathe separate

I don’t think this is ok either at this age.

1 Like

Oh please, my girls (6,5 & 2) all still hop in the shower with me and my son did the same thing till he was 8. The only one putting a label on it or sexualizing it is you.:roll_eyes: Mind your business!

14 Likes

I would not let mine at that age. Not a boy and girl.
A 10 year old boy is getting into the curiosity stage.
Would definitely not want to encourage anything.

1 Like

We spend time teaching our kids about personal privacy and inappropriate touching it seems strange to then stick them in a bath together at those ages.
Each to their own ways of course but would not have been my children.

7 Likes

I think the only people who sexualize things are adults. They don’t think about it that way. There kids. That’s not what n there brain. Stop thinking like that!!

6 Likes

The fact that a whole bunch of strangers are sharing opinions on a families choices when that family is unaware is crazy….some of you need to do better :woman_shrugging:t3: if I found out my “friend” posted this about me, I’d be pissed, not gonna lie…

21 Likes

If it normal for them then its ok. My boys are 2 and 5 and take a show with me. Its not sexual unless u make it that way

6 Likes

Sounds like you need to mind your own business.

10 Likes

Its a big NO from me… never together

1 Like

I try very hard not to judge other people and their parenting style. People view things differently and as long as the children aren’t being abused I try to stay out of it.
We have to remember that each child develops differently too.
If you truly have a concern about it then kindly bring it up to your friend. I’d watch how it’s brought up though.

1 Like

I think it’s very very weird. I have a 12 year old and 10 year old girl. They haven’t taken baths together since maybe 2 and 4. Gross.

…no, they are too big for that.

no no no never let boy /girl bath

I would mind my own business but, Idk…In some states CPS will not allow siblings (boy and girl) to share a bedroom after age 5 so…taking a bath is a definite no no!

1 Like

Find your lane, stay in it. This isn’t YOUR family it’s just the family you claim (best friends can be like family I know) and you 1. Have zero say on their parenting 2. Have ZERO right to post about a family that is not YOURS for over 1 M people to see and have access too. You don’t seem like much of best friend :woman_shrugging:t2: a best friend would talk to their friend privately and ask THEM if they don’t find it strange and if they don’t drop it.

11 Likes

I don’t even let my 4 year old and her 7 year old brother bath together. The rule is girls can bath together, and boys together. But that’s us. Each parent is different, and so are kids. Try not to judge

4 Likes

I don’t see the problem, these days people are over sexualising small children and perfectly innocent normal behaviour. The kids will let you know when they aren’t happy to share a bath .

10 Likes

I don’t like it. Not necessary. Will it still be OK when the boy is 10 & the girl 13 ?

It’s not about sex or sensuality. It’s that a boy & girl that age don’t need to bath together.

You should talk privately to your friend about this cause you just started a shit storm by posting this.

I think you may be over sexualizing the matter. Different strokes for different folks. As long as the kids are safe and being taught appropriate touch…stay out of it

8 Likes

As long as they’re not touching inappropriately I don’t see any harm in siblings bathing together :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

We were always open with the nudity in our home–but that is too old to be sharing a bath!

1 Like

You guys just love sexualizing children huh

2 Likes

Na i think from 5ish up they need their own privacy

2 Likes

My kids are both 4 and 5 and I’ve always bathed them together or I shower w my daughter and my son w his dad idk lol we’ve always done it this way just cause. You are over sexualzing the kids. That’s their business as far as their ages… as long as they are not being inappropriate

3 Likes

The age is a little too big id say but that’s my opinion

2 Likes

Hmmmm i would say this is the last year they should bathe together. Kids know more these days unfortunately.

I honestly don’t see anything wrong with it. They are siblings. Eventually they will grow out of that and will want their own privacy.

1 Like

Girl and boy no I wouldn’t allow it at that age

But my girls are 10 and 12 and sometimes jump
In together :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:woman_shrugging:t4: wouldn’t bother me.

2 Likes

It’s not the fact that people are sexualizing children. I have a 10YO son and if I put his little sisters in the bath with him he’d lose his mind. Lol. I think 10 is old enough to shower or bathe alone, for their own personal privacy reasons. I mean they’re together all day probably. Why can’t they even bathe separately? It’s a no from me.

3 Likes

1.) Depends on the kids. Im sure as brother and sister they are not drooling over each other.
2) are the developing?
3) did you see them in the tub and know for sure they were not in swim wear? If so why you in there looking which is even weirder yet.
4) im sure the mom knows how they are and act in there and when it is time to separate bath time. Id say let them parent they way they see fit and take care of your own problems.

4 Likes

Too old for opposite gendered kids to be doing that. I changed my brother’s diapers, but since he potty trained, I never saw him nude again.

I would say too old.

How would they even fit in the tub together??

I think this is not your issue as they are not your kids. What’s normal for one family may be weird to the next.

2 Likes

What concerns me most, is why you are so concerned. Mind your business. Posting your friends business on Facebook :woozy_face:

5 Likes

My 11 year old daughter and 5 almost 6 year old daughter don’t even bath together. That stopped when my oldest hit puberty

I do not allow my 10 year old daughter and 8 year old daughter bathe together anymore. It has nothing to do with sexualization. I just feel my oldest, who has already started puberty, needs her privacy when in the bathroom. She gets very embarrassed with certain parts of growing up and is more comfortable. Up til that happened U did let them bathe together if they wanted or when we were short on time. However, I do not think children of the opposite sex and that age should bathe together under any circumstance

My opinion: mind your own Ps & Qs. Every family has their own way of doing things, and it’s not our place to judge them. If the kids get along and play nicely, why shouldn’t she save time, water and gas/electric by putting them in together. Is it their age that bothers you, or the fact that there is one boy and one girl? I shared a room with my little brother for 4 years when we were kids with a 7 year age gap. Does that make you feel weird? Because it shouldn’t. Again… worry about yourself.

Agree way to old to be together in tub.