Should a father walk around naked with their kids around?

Nope. Not ok by any means. The father should be extremely uncomfortable doing so.

8 Likes

Replace dad with mom. Would these answers be the same?

42 Likes

Holy shit, these comments.

4 Likes

I honestly donā€™t see the problem?

17 Likes

Iā€™m confused is he naked or in underwear? Because thatā€™s a totally different story

11 Likes

Heā€™s not naked if his dick is covered upā€¦ so whatā€™s the problem?? :woman_shrugging:t3:

17 Likes

I havenā€™t seen my kids naked since they could take care of their hygiene. They have no qualms walking in my room regardless of what Iā€™m doing. Thank God for locks.

4 Likes

Not at all. I remember walking in on my dad in the bathroom once around that age and I still remember it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s f****** nasty. I understand people practice nudity but sometimes itā€™s a little much

Noā€¦no adult should freely walk around naked infront of their kids.

Absolutely not we have a 5 yr old daughter and her dad would never think to do that one

1 Like

If just boxers itā€™s the same as a bathing suit.

8 Likes

Not in front of the kids either parent ā€¦

2 Likes

Not your family not your business. You realise people live different lifestyles. Have you heard of nudists?

14 Likes

Fuck no itā€™s not okay

I mean if you donā€™t sexualize it then itā€™s fine :woman_shrugging:

27 Likes

I used to change in front of my son and take baths with him when he was little so whats the difference?

11 Likes

Is he just wearing underwear? If so I see no problem in that in their houseā€¦ bathing his child, if heā€™s nude in the tub thatā€™s awkwardā€¦ if heā€™s just giving her a bath there is nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

Different families, do things differently, is there a concern for molestation? Have you had a talk with this father and how do you know that these things are happening?!?
Unfortunately, so many are so quick to sexualize every single thing a parent does with their child, often times people like you donā€™t realize that youā€™re projecting unresolved trauma/fears onto someone else when there is absolutely no concern, for you to know these details, it leaves me wondering who you are exactly and if youā€™re so uncomfortable with it and you know itā€™s going on, why havenā€™t you addressed the situation/issuešŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

15 Likes

The idea that nudity is always equivalent to sex is primarily American and has a lot to do with our toxic ass culture.

45 Likes

If you have to ask you know the answer to that question ā€¦ Noā€¦ I understand in certain situations underwear like getting out of bed and what not to go get his clothes but no never for an extended period of time

1 Like

Yikes yā€™all. If you donā€™t trust the father of your kids just say that.

35 Likes

if everyone is comfortable with it, why not? many families walk around naked. itā€™s not MY jam, but thatā€™s me. if dad, daughter and any other parent (if there is one) is comfortable :woman_shrugging:t2: one or both of them may become uncomfortable and at that point it should stop.

5 Likes

normalize nudity. people need to stop sexualizing everything. if this was about a mother and a son no one would be asking this.

if you are questioning this, it should be whether or not the adult in question is a SAFE AND TRUSTED parent figure. if you think your child shouldnā€™t be around their parent nude, then you probably shouldnā€™t have your kids around them at all.

35 Likes

I donā€™t think there is a right answer for this. Everyone has their own personal feelings on this topic. None of which are right or wrong. I guess it really depends on the person and the situation.

12 Likes

We donā€™t see anything sexual about nudity in our home and neither do our kids Americans over sexualize everything itā€™s gross.

28 Likes

I wouldnt allow it, thatā€™s just my personal opinion

No. Idk why this is even a questionā€¦ why would he want to bathe with his 5 year old daughter? Thatā€™s just weirdā€¦ this whole thing screams red flags to meā€¦ and I feel like I should add, I donā€™t mean him giving her a bath, but him being naked while doing soā€¦ I donā€™t think a grown ass man needs be naked around a little girl. Period. And everybody on here saying itā€™s his lifestyle choice or whatever and that people are over sexualizing, noā€¦ the world is full of pedophiles, and itā€™s on the news constant about child sex crimes, trafficking, and itā€™s not just strangers doing it to random kids. Most of the time, itā€™s their parent, a teacher, a religious leader, some adult that is supposed to be trusted with our kidsā€¦ and why would this father want his 5 year old daughter being comfortable around a naked grown ass man? Thatā€™s not normal and if the mother feels strange about it, there is a reason. Listen to your gut OP if thereā€™s ever something that makes you feel uncomfortable, speak upā€¦ taking a bath with your child when they are babies is not the same as taking a bath with a 5 year oldā€¦ and I would def feel unsettled with my 5 year old child being in a bathtub with a naked grown ass adult.

20 Likes

My dad still does it :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

3 Likes

No. After a certain age, typically 5, theyā€™re not allowed. And if she tells another adult she bathes with her dad still and they chose to report it. He can get in big trouble. This happened to my cousin.

4 Likes

If heā€™s in boxers its fine but completely naked is not fine at all. And baths/showers should stop when the kid starts noticing differences, which is usually between 3-5

4 Likes

Is he naked or in his underwear? That makes a huge difference. Also, how is bathing his child any different than when he changed her diaper?

4 Likes

At a certain age it becomes inappropriate. 5yo is about the time it becomes inappropriate to walk around naked, and bathing should probably start getting phased out.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of people start body shaming from a very young age. I donā€™t see any problem with mum or dad being naked or half dressed in front of their own kids.

30 Likes

If this question was about a mother, would everybody still feel the same way? I walk around naked in front of my 3 year old. I shower with my 3 year old. As does her father. Weā€™ve never made it weird. Bodies are normal. Genitals are normal. Yeah, kids are going to have questions, but they have a right to know about their bodies. I see nothing wrong with this if thereā€™s no suspicions of molestation/abuse. Yeah sure it could be argued that 5 is too old but kids donā€™t find things weird until you make them weird. So why yā€™all sexualizing the human body for CHILDREN? Theyā€™re children, they seriously think nothing of these things. If the child is not being harmed, why does it matter how you feel about how they run their household?

42 Likes

Lol :joy: some of you people

Our daughter is 8 almost 9, she sees my husband/her dad naked if heā€™s changing, showering or she walks in the room etc. Itā€™s really not that big of a deal, itā€™s the human body. I also walk around naked.
The human body is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of.

24 Likes

Whose eating the tide pods here

3 Likes

Bath, yes. If mom can do it, so can dadā€¦ Walking around, idk.

2 Likes

If either one doesnā€™t want to see it or isnā€™t comfortable being naked, thatā€™s when it should stop. My daughter still sees me in all my glory and sheā€™s 6, not like either one of us goes out of our way but I donā€™t care and neither does she (for now lmao)

Inappropriate, for mom or dad. My thinking is I donā€™t want my kids thinking that it is the ā€œnormā€ to see adults or even older kids walking around naked because itā€™s not. You want your 5 yr old to see someone else nude and think ā€œthatā€™s totally fineā€ ??

4 Likes

Why would a man want to expose himself to his little daughter?

9 Likes

I donā€™t see a problem with eithernifnits covered. Now if it wasnā€™t covered that would be an issue but no I donā€™t think its wrong. Also yes he should share giving baths well unless heā€™s a pedophile then thereā€™s more issues at hand :sweat_smile:

I mean, I wouldnā€™t like it just because how sexualized people have made literally everything these days. BUT, I wouldnā€™t judge another family for allowing it because itā€™s their choice. Unless, there is concerns about said father being sexual with said daughter? I dunno. My kids dad wonā€™t even be in a towel in front our 3 BOYS , and thatā€™s HIS choice! He will not change in front of them. He usually wears underwear but heā€™ll cover up with a blanket if heā€™s chilling on the couch watching tv or something.

1 Like

Why is it necessary to bath with any child?! Male or female child?! I have NEVER showered with any of my children but they have seen me get changed but I have 3 girls. I donā€™t understand why people feel the need to do EVERYTHING with there childrenā€¦showering with them, sleeping in the same bed as them is just too much!

7 Likes

Yaā€™ll are making it sexual. Itā€™s not! Itā€™s anatomy. If he just got out of the shower then no big. He can wrap a towel around. If he walking around like just hanging out naked that is a different storyā€¦

12 Likes

If hes got underpants on yeah. I dont see a reason someone would be walking around with their dong out in front of kids you know like just causally like that. Its one thing if hes changing or something but yeah cover the genitals up when just chilling around the house imo.

3 Likes

Nudity is natural, thereā€™s nothing wrong with it at all. Stop over sexualizing such natural things.

16 Likes

Fully naked No, not okay. In a robe is okay as long as his parts are covered. Bathing together at 5 I think is too old.

2 Likes

Why is this being made into something sexual?

8 Likes

I showered with both my mom and dad till I was like 5 or 6. They had me turn around the other way in the shower while they cleansed and I played. Then they gave me my loofah and let me clean myself and if I needed help they would just turn their torso. I might have seen their privates a few times, but they didnā€™t make a big deal out of it so neither did I. Now, just freely walking around for extended periods of time? Chilling on the couch? Cooking dinner? Ehh, no not for my family personally. Unless their nudists. I donā€™t care either way honestly. If you feel uncomfortable, donā€™t do it. Doesnā€™t matter? More power to ya! Different strokes for different folks and thatā€™s ok!

3 Likes

Wow. Stop sexualizing everything. If a father canā€™t bathe his young daughter without your mind automatically going there, the problem Is you, not the dad

15 Likes

If his genitals are covered isnā€™t that the same as a bathing suit? I donā€™t see a problem with it, bodies arenā€™t meant to be sexualized 24/7.
As long as they are both comfortable with bathing together I donā€™t see a problem with that either.

13 Likes

My parents walked around the house naked in front of me my entire life. It was never weird and in fact as I grew up, greatly minimized the shame/awkwardness often attached with human nudity. When youā€™re raised in an environment where nudity is normalized, then itā€™s never really made to be an issue. Idk I donā€™t see anything wrong with this. No different then the countless traditional indigenous tribes that are completely/almost completely naked all the time. Just my opinion though.

26 Likes

I donā€™t see a problem with it, unless she is uncomfortable or starts asking questions about whatā€™s what when bathing together.
Also if genitals are covered then whatā€™s the problem?
Iā€™m sure if mum was replaced with dad no one would be questioning this.
Stop sexualising fathers being fathers. Tf

20 Likes

If a mother or father walks around the house in their underwear, so what? Especially if the child is accustomed to it. Lots of women bathe or shower with their children, itā€™s no different if itā€™s the father. Every family is different, and it depends on whatā€™s comfortable for them.

5 Likes

Itā€™s fine. If you are not a sexual predator, this is 100% fine. Some people choose to be more ā€˜privateā€™ about their bodies, but some people do not. Perfectly fine.

3 Likes

If he in boxers big deal? And I mean why u questioning it whether he should bath with his 5 year old or not, I feel if you have to question that then it should be no cause youā€™re clearly uncomfortable with it.

2 Likes

Our son just turned 6ā€¦ and we do not let him see us naked

2 Likes

Either way ā€¦there needs to be boundries ā€¦at least around ur daughter and definitely shouldnt be bathing wit her

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with that

1 Like

I seen my dad in underwear and Iā€™m just fine. However, I didnā€™t bathe with him, unless he had swimming trunks on, and that was still only a few times cause we got really dirty at the lake.

2 Likes

I have researched this and even spoke with a child therapist I know.
Itā€™s whatever the parent is comfortable with. There is A nothing wrong with it B no sexual C allows for children to grow up confident about their bodies and themselves. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with nudity or bathing with your child. You do whatā€™s comfortable for you and your kids and your life.
Hippy parents were doing it for years! Ha

18 Likes

Honestly my husband wouldnā€™t do it himself bc heā€™s extremely modest. I wouldnā€™t make judgement on others. My boys n my daughter all showered with me up until they were about 5ish. My 4yr old still showers with me if he just needs a a rinse other wise he prefers to get a tub with his 11yr old brother bc they play in the tub. I say to each their own. Ppl make nudity so taboo no wonder ppl r so insecure.

5 Likes

I would say itā€™s ok. Just teach your daughter the correct terms for her genitalia and male genitalia. That way if something does happen, they will be very clear about what happened.

6 Likes

My kids are only 3 and almost one and we all shower together :woman_shrugging:t3: and we walk around naked. Just a body. Unless you sexy like it, it becomes wrong. But itā€™s a body. And itā€™s best to be aware of body autonomy than not. Everyone has one. I walk around naked in front of my son and he barges in the bathroom and shower all the time. What makes the father so special he gets to go to the bathroom, shower, and get dressed in private? Me and my fiancĆ© have the same views on sexual abuse and would have no problem putting them in a body bag.

7 Likes

Some of you are not reading this correctly!!!
It says ā€œBATHE WITHā€!!!
Thatā€™s just wrong. Not at 5. Iā€™m sorryā€¦NOā€‹:bangbang::no_entry_sign:

6 Likes

Not every one is a pedophile and over sexualizes everything!!! I bathe w my 3 yr old daughter šŸ¤· wash her up, dad comes to get her puts pjs on her and brushes her hair n teeth while i bathe.

7 Likes

If its ok for the mom. Guess depends on the family.

2 Likes

My Gran walked around naked more often than Iā€™d like to admit. Even when my cousins (boys) and I were teenagers. We never thought twice about it until outsiders made it weird.

1 Like

A child knows how to bathe them selves,my 2 year old does. I sit there and help bathe but thatā€™s its.
Walking around naked,no.
Itā€™s not sexualizing anything but learning privacy.

My aunt use to take showers with her son an he was maybe five heā€™ll Iā€™ve took a shower with my mother an no itā€™s not nasty its ur family an if she is not safe thatā€™s the one thing ya know prayers sweetheart

Shirtless yes but in just his underwear I donā€™t agree with, as for bathing, if he has swimsuit or underwear on I donā€™t see a problem

1 Like

My kids have seen me naked their entire lives. Itā€™s not weird because I donā€™t act like itā€™s weird. Neither of my kids are weird about their bodies. I have a boy and a girl.

27 Likes

I think when questions start getting askedā€¦ they should be answered honestly and then maybe weaning occurs from there.

3 Likes

Idk I walk about naked sometimes and take baths with my son. I personally didnā€™t grow up with a dad so Iā€™m not used to stuff like that, just watch out if heā€™s being weird about it or turned on in any way

Stop sexualizing bodies. Itā€™s perfectly fine.

6 Likes

Absolutely not. And Iā€™ve seen posts like this before and asked all the men I know and they said they didnā€™t feel comfortable bathing with their daughters as babyā€™s let alone old enough to have memories. I get some people want to be free. But with the amount of pedos around I donā€™t think anyone should normalize men getting naked with or around little girls. If they think itā€™s ok with daddy theyā€™ll think itā€™s ok with uncles, grandpas and friends too. After a certain age a child should be taught privates are meant to be private. And what kinda dad wants his little girl to have life long memory of his penis? :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

A mother taking a bath/shower with their infant is different than a father taking a bath/shower with a 5year old.

3 Likes

With my bf and his 5 year old daughter he will sleep or only if really hot in the house we will only wear boxers, but all of his boxers are shorts length.

I on the other hand feel uncomfortable to be in my bra and underwear around her, but sheā€™s only known me for about a month and I donā€™t want to make her uncomfortable. Even though my bf has told me it probably wonā€™t since her mom does it and her moms bf is mainly around the house in his boxers when itā€™s hot out.

I grew up seeing my dad walk into the kitchen in his underwear but like he didnā€™t hang out on the couch in his whitie tighties. We didnā€™t bathe with him either but our family was comfortable in our own home with nudity, underwear etc. I think people make it perverted more than it is actually perverted

I shower with my grand baby every day. Itā€™s the only way Iā€™m gonna get one without her getting into play dough, food, candy, crayons etc. and before you say put them up- I do. Sheā€™ll find a way. :joy::joy: I also feel after a certain age, kids need to learn to shower and bath on their own but right now sheā€™s only 3. She literally plays in the bottom of the bath while I shower and then I cover with a towel and bathe her. Sheā€™s learned about anatomy of ā€œgirlsā€ bodies and doesnā€™t question anything yet either.

However- I donā€™t think Iā€™d be okay with it being male/female and sheā€™s 5. But hey. If thereā€™s a reason it makes you uncomfortable ask him to stop. And eventually questions are going to arise especially around that age.

My opinion is bodies are not sexual and baths are not sexual. Sex is sexual.
If thereā€™s inappropriate behavior during bathing then yes itā€™s an issue and obviously a problem. But people over specialize so much it seems.

9 Likes

Stop sexualizing unnecessarily. Thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with a child seeing their parents naked. Itā€™s completely natural. And itā€™s a great start to asking questions and learning about bodies, anatomy, and sex.

Whatā€™s next dads shouldnā€™t change diapers cause itā€™s ā€œnot appropriateā€?? Or should I not change my sons diaper?? Why does it suddenly become ā€œwrongā€?

21 Likes

I personally donā€™t think either parent needs to be walking around a child thatā€™s a certain age naked. I donā€™t want my child thinking itā€™s ok for others to be naked in front of him. That poses a threat to my childā€™s safety. Also social services could get involved and Iā€™m not about to lose my child over being nude around him. Itā€™s more out of respect for each other and for others and our comfort level.

1 Like

Didnā€™t she say his genitals were covered? Then it shouldnā€™t be a problem.

3 Likes

Wow,really you removed my comment. There was nothing wrong with it just because I do not agree with a father taking a bath with their 5year old!

1 Like

Boxers or naked, nothing wrong with that . My son 4 years old and has seen me naked . Donā€™t make it a sexual thingā€¦

3 Likes

I mean, if heā€™s wearing underwear i think itā€™s fine. If heā€™s wearing a swimsuit in the bath, thatā€™s fine. But sheā€™s 5, not a baby. He needs to cover himself. Same goes for women, if your son is 5, you need to cover your stuff.

6 Likes

Itā€™s all just body partsā€¦ nothing is weird until someone tries to sexualize it. Literally just a human anatomy. Skin covering muscle. Seeing a parent comfortable in their body (male/female) is going to make the child grow up embracing their body and not feeling ashamed.

25 Likes

Oh no! A nude human body! Mustā€¦makeā€¦childā€¦ashamed!
Dude, itā€™s just a part of his body. If you make it weird, then itā€™s weird. If itā€™s not openly made weird, the kid doesnā€™t know any different. I walk around naked in front of my kids regularly. I will not have them ashamed of their own bodies, or grossed out by fat bodies, and the best way to promote body positivity is to treat every body as normal.

18 Likes

The father of my daughter walks around in his underwear sometimes or a towel after a shower and he took baths with her when she was 5. He doesnā€™t anymore now that sheā€™s almost 8 but she does occasionally jump in the shower with me and I change In front of her. Nudity doesnā€™t have to be a big deal. I always have talks with her about her body and how itā€™s hers and her alone.

13 Likes

If heā€™s in his underwear heā€™s not naked thereā€™s a big difference to that and no I donā€™t see a problem

4 Likes

Iā€™m never naked, because I donā€™t like to be. Hubs on the other hand loves to be naked. We have a 10 year old and a 3 year old. He stopped being naked around the oldest when she asked him what his penis was at about 3.

2 Likes

Nope, itā€™s fine. Uncles, aunties, grandma grandpa than no. Because if someone other than me, dad or siblings are naked in front of our kids than it could be cause for concern. Nobody else needs to expose their bodies to my children.

1 Like

Donā€™t all dads walk around in their underwear? I think itā€™s part of a dad initiation

7 Likes

I walk around my sons in my bra and panties. Not a big deal. The bathing together is not appropriate at age 5ā€¦ mom/son or dad/daughter.

Stop. :clap:t3: Sexualizing. :clap:t3: The. :clap:t3: Relationship. :clap:t3: Between. :clap:t3: Fathers. :clap:t3: And. :clap:t3: Daughters. :clap:t3:

37 Likes

Well women walk around and bathe naked with their 5 year old sons? No different.

4 Likes

I donā€™t see a problem with it. Itā€™s no different than a mom being naked or bathing with her kids. People need to stop sexualizing everything a dad does, just because heā€™s a man. Also donā€™t have kids with someone you donā€™t trust.

17 Likes

No itā€™s weird sorry. Just wear boxers. No reason to walk around naked.

4 Likes