Should a father walk around naked with their kids around?

Please quit sexualizing parents. If it was someone else yes. But momma and daddy? Come on…

8 Likes

Nope!! I don’t think a father should walk around naked in front of his daughter.
Boxers I’m ok with,naked I’m not.

4 Likes

That is no different than a mom bathing with her son. If he’s covered up walking around then no biggie. Don’t make it something it’s not.

2 Likes

Thongs or boxers/shorts? There is a big difference. Thong, i don’t agree with. Just in shorts/boxers is fine.

1 Like

If there in there underwear then there ain’t a problem with it. Shit I walk around in my underwear and bra with my kids around and I have two boys 7 an 4 and a 7yr old daughter they have never said anything and sometimes my 4yr old takes showers with me. There is nothing wrong with it unless the kid starts to say something or ask questions.

In my family, it’s not okay at that age… my 2 year old still takes showers with her dad occasionally and stuff like that, but that’s about to come to an end. Personally, I don’t think a young innocent child like that should be seeing a grown man’s anatomy… it just seems a little out of the way for me. Same thing for boys too. Children just don’t need to see that. But I don’t think bad against anyone that has a different opinion than me. Whatever you want your child to know and see and be exposed to is your business, but it’s not ok with my children.

6 Likes

With underwear on its fine.

It is not ok but some fathers believe it is smh

Naked…no. boxers…ehh not a big deal imo

It’s not weird and sexual unless you make it that way🤷‍♀️ I have 5 siblings and we all grew up with parents that walked around naked we didn’t think a thing of it

16 Likes

Well I remember seeing my dads dong when I was around that age on accident and it kinda scarred me for life lol.

3 Likes

I feel like there is a very fine line here. If he is walking around you know cowboy hat style. Ment for adult entertainment then that is highly, highly inappropriate. Now if he’s just running from the bathroom to the bedroom wrapped in a towel not at all. As for bathing I understand when they are babies and your running around trying get the whole house ready to leave I understand throwing maybe an 15 month old in the bath with dad to get clean no big deal. Outside of that I wouldn’t find it appropriate at 5 years old. I wouldn’t find it appropriate at 2 years old really. I say that because the child’s memory is still forming thru those ages. Either way you look at it that little innocent girl is getting an eye full of balls and weiner. That is traumatizing in it own right. So in my opinion no I don’t believe it is appropriate at that age for little girls to be exposed to a grown man’s penis.
I’m not saying that daughters shouldn’t sit on daddies lap. I’m not saying daddy shouldn’t love and kiss and hug his baby. I’m saying that this 5 year old has this image in the back of her little mind.

3 Likes

If the mother can do it with their son, so should the dad. It isn’t sexual ffs it’s a body. Stop acting like grandmas

15 Likes

I use it as teaching moments with my son. We talk about not commenting on someone’s body without being asked, touching someone without permission, etc

5 Likes

He’ll no turn his As s in

2 Likes

Having undies on means he’s not naked??? What makes you think it’s anything sexual is what I’m wondering???:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

My other half doesn’t even let ours see him in his boxers so kinda weird to me but what is the dynamics of the home does mom do this too. It’s definitely not for us as parents :thinking::woman_shrugging:t2:

If they’re old enough to start asking questions about dads body parts, it’s time for him to put some clothes on.

3 Likes

My hubby is kind of a private person and we have four girls… last thing they want to see us dad’s ding dong flopping :rofl::rofl: and I have a son and we keep our privacies separate.

3 Likes

Oh my God. Stop sexualizing everything!!! I saw my parents and sisters naked my entire life and I am fine! We would shower and walk to our rooms every day. Til the day they died… Slept nude, watched tv sometimes nude after showering, no big deal. It’s just skin. We all have it.

12 Likes

Okay, speaking as someone who’s father did this, purposefully into my teen years, I would say no it’s not okay. It’s not just about sexualizing the relationship. I was personally traumatized by my dad just “hanging out” and that is something I talked to my husband about. Personally, when we got married, we both preferred either sleeping nude or in my case wearing just a shirt and after finding out I was pregnant with our daughter and discussing it, we decided that neither of us would sleep nude anymore.

4 Likes

So no naked, Mother or Father. My girls are 3 and 1.5 and I don’t bathe with them or let them see me naked.
My husband will occasionally walk out of the room in his boxers (actual boxers, not boxer briefs or whitie tighties) and I don’t see a problem with that, They occasionally see me in a bra and underwear.
Father bathing with a 5 year old, definitely not.
It’s not about “being free and not sexualizing it” it’s about at a certain age we need to teach our children that being naked in front of people or people being naked in front of them is inappropriate. I don’t want my kids going to debbies house up the street and debbies dad hanging out naked and the whole family thinking it’s ok.
I really don’t understand the reasoning behind making it ok?!
I don’t see why teaching kids before a certain age about things they don’t need to be exposed to. They need to be taught modesty not “oh be free, it’s your body”. It is their body but there needs to be boundaries :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

We have a almost 8 yr. old daughter and my boyfriend (her dad) goes around in his boxers. I wish he’d at least wear shorts or pants or something but he is still covered. Just annoys me. I didn’t have to see my dad going around in his underwear.

If they are bathing together are they taking a shower? If so her face would be real close to his genital area. Are they in the tub? If so, where is she sitting? How is there room for a grown man and a 5 year old?

Why would they need to bathe together anyways?

4 Likes

Then again a 5 year old doesn’t need to take a bath naked with anyone. Nothing wrong with washing them, just be careful you never really know anyone.

2 Likes

Don’t sexualize things.

7 Likes

I hate fan questions. I want to be able to ask questions back lol. Now I’ve got a lot of questions for this one.

5 Likes

No that’s weird why would you be walking about naked anyways

2 Likes

My daughter is 4 and my husband and I both have baths with her. We need to stop making it sexual, they need to learn about bodies

18 Likes

Adults shouldn’t be walking around naked in front of a 5 year old, no matter the gender. The child is too old for that.

2 Likes

Some of these answers are absolutely disturbing :flushed: #SaveOurChildren

8 Likes

After a year we stop bathing with them !!
But as for walking out of the shower to get dressed or dad in boxers chillin watching a movie I don’t see anything weird …

We all have the same body parts
I sleep in my undies and they all know it I have four boys and a girl it’s nothing new to them

I sometimes throw my 3 and a half year old son in the shower with me. STOP SEXUALIZING IT! Prime opportunity to teach your child the difference in males and females and good and bad touch.

8 Likes

I’ll change in front of my 3 year old daughter. Mostly because I can’t get a second alone or she cries. And she will point to my breasts and say “boobies!!” So what lol.

3 Likes

NO and the fact you are questioning it is a even bigger NO

5 Likes

No. My daughter is 2 almost 3 and she doesn’t see me or her dad naked. Occasionally she will see him in boxers when he’s just waking up. We sleep in our undies.

2 Likes

As long as there isn’t full nudity id shouldn’t be an issue. Keeps bottoms on evidently for obvious reasons. Don’t make it sexual if it isn’t. If things get bad/weird evidently that’s a no.

Wow I hope CPS gets called on you. And I don’t care if there are 300000 people on this thread claiming “it’s ok” it’s not.

11 Likes

No, that’s freaking weird.

3 Likes

If he’s wearing underwear then I mean whatever but bathing id say no but that’s kind of a “to each their own” deal

It’s not ok for either parent to walk around naked in front of their kids IMO

5 Likes

This makes me mad to just think about it. This is very inappropriate.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

4 Likes

If the kid starts asking questions would it be a problem,

My son is 3 and he always asks to have a shower with me. Sometimes I say yes and sometimes I say no. I get dressed with my door open as I also have a 4 month old daughter so I need to keep an ear out on what they are doing. My son sometimes walks into my room while I’m getting dressed to ask for a water or to just talk.

1 Like

Like in draws? If there’s nothing sexual going on, why would this be a CPS issue?

3 Likes

I think the fact that you are questioning it, gives you the answer you need. Yes we tend to over think things, but we also have gut instincts for a reason that we all to often ignore.

2 Likes

Bodies are not sexual unless you make them that way. Bodies are just bodies, everyone has a body. You stop being naked around your kids when either one of you are uncomfortable.

29 Likes

Being in your underwear and being nude are 2 different things. Can you be clear? Cause you said the genitals are covered, so that’s not really naked

3 Likes

Some of you get some serious privacy…jerks. I get things thrown in my bath water

6 Likes

My oldest is 2.5yrs old. He and I still shower together because he has learned that when we shower together we don’t touch other peopkes bodies. He mainly has a bath or showers with his daddy. I’m not sure when I’ll stop allowing him to shower with me as now he may get jealous why baby brother gets to shower with mommy and not him. I think around 3-3.5. Him and daddy hang out in their boxers or shorts together. I see nothing wrong with it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No I don’t think its okay…

Personally I don’t think it’s right at that age not saying it’s sexualizing but you don’t want your children at that age seeing that and my thing is you don’t do what you wouldn’t want your children to do and at that age they should be learning modesty and privacy I would not bring walking around naked in front of my children let alone there dad there dad don’t even walk around in his boxers around them this example just teaches them it’s ok to walk around naked so when your child decides that it’s obviously ok to do because daddy does it . It’s just so very inappropriate to do .I’d definitely would not allow it . Cause it also red flags me . If he’s so willing to just run around naked to but that’s me . I’d think I’d run

3 Likes

I mean I used to take showers with my dad up until I acindentally grabbed him lol but my family is also very very open. I took bathes with my mom up until I turned around 10 or 11

1 Like

For the ones saying no would you say the same thing if it was the mother walking around nude infront of her 5yr old son? I do not walk around my kids naked, maybe when they were babies but once they weren’t under a yr a stopped. That’s just me, I find it unnecessary and I never bathed with my kids

Some of you all have some major trauma in your past and it shows in your comments. Please seek professional help. The human body doesn’t always have to be sexualized.

18 Likes

Once they start getting curious or modest it’s time to stop.

1 Like

No nope not never nada

So my personal experience growing up born in 76 I was always with my dad at his house and I never seen his front side or his backside but at the same time he would be in the tub in front of me with the washcloth over himself I don’t know it’s just never weird or he wasn’t weird with me. If there are pictures of me in the bath with him when I was a baby and I’m sure my mom took them. But my father was also a little wild Vietnam veteran Young and fishing and running around naked or barely clothe was just normal for him. He almost never had a shirt on. Long wild hair. To me it’s just the environment you grow up in and if it’s not a thing don’t make it a thing.

4 Likes

No I walk around naked sometimes and I have 2 sons. They sometimes walk in when I’m getting dressed. They actually dont care. Kids dont think about that stuff. I dont shower with them due to their age. When they were alot younger I did due to their age. Kids dont make it sexual or anything along those lines so why should we.

3 Likes

Why are you sexualizing a child? That’s her dad, that’s his child. He was probably walking to bathroom. I’m sure he’s not randomly prancing around her naked. Get a grip. A father is not less of a parent.

14 Likes

My boyfriend (my kids father) walks around in boxers. Sometimes he takes a bath with our kids (2 month old and a 15 month old) but he wears swimming trunks. I change in front of my kids but they’re both breastfed and used to it. Nudity shouldn’t be an issue. Bodies on their own shouldn’t be sexualized.

3 Likes

I feel like if you’re asking, then maybe you already feel like it seems off. You know your family better than any of us. My daughter is 2. I personally would have never thought to put her in the shower with my husband.

If moms can do it. Why can’t dads.

8 Likes

My question is why doesn’t he feel weird , she is 5 already

Wtf!! I know your joking about asking these questions :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m a father of a 21 year old girl and I will say walking around naked , no. Underwear yeh maybe bit not just gallatranting around no. As for bathing, I have no need or want to be in a tub naked with a five year old girl or boy.

8 Likes

America is the only place where nudity is so negatively spoken on! My son is 6 and he still hops In the shower with me, he prefers to run around the house naked and I don’t sleep with clothes on and there’s been many many time where he comes in when I’m getting up or gets in bed with me or he catches me in the kitchen doing something… That is your child and it teaches them a point of literally being comfortable in there own skin! There is nothing wrong with it, Stop sexualizing the naked body. & If you do have that concern of either then the parent should not be around the child. My son knows girls have different parts then boys AND he knows we don’t touch other people’s body’s!

15 Likes

Child protection in Canada views - all of this - as a huge issue. It is considered sexual abuse in Canada. Take that as you will.

2 Likes

For the ones saying stop sexualizing it do you really want your children thinking it’s normal to see an adult naked? What if a 5yr old didnt know any better and a family friend or hell…family member with bad intentions was naked infront of your child or showed them their private parts would you want your child thinking that was normal so they wouldn’t have a reason to tell you bc it seemed like no issue when you were nude in front of your kid so why can’t someone else do it-thats how your child will see it.

11 Likes

Lmfaooo look what u started :joy:

2 Likes

Walking around in underwear is fine but the bathing thing I think 5 is the cut off age for me personally, as in being in the bath with her. He can bathe her but not be in the tub.

2 Likes

The walking around in jocks on is not a problem in my opinion I mean when guys go swimming they go shirtless most of the time and some wear just their trunks swimming :woman_shrugging:t3: … if he’s covering his area then I see no harm in that… I think if she maybe sat on his lap or became overly curious I’d ask my OH to rethink it… the bathing thing is weird to me though… my kids walk in to pee when their dad is in the shower and he just turns around and it’s steamy enough they can’t see but also they don’t look and turn their face and eyes away as best they can. But they have never showered with him since they were babies… the bathing thing is a no…

I think five is the age to stop being naked in front of your kids. If not a little sooner. For mom and dad.

1 Like

What you should be asking yourself is if it’s ok to involve outside opinions into your family . All these people are not u . You questioning his actions , speaks for itself . Talk to ur husband about how u feel . Ur grown .

9 Likes

That sounds not okay. :grimacing:

1 Like

Who TF wants to bathe with their children? :joy: I was so relieved when my daughter could finally bathe without my assistance (I still wash her hair tho) and no longer asked to climb in with me. I like the peace of a warm shower ALONE! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just today isn’t son walked in on me while I was getting out of the shower. If he sees me in underwear it isn’t a big deal but completely naked is to me. I would never let my son intentionally see myself naked. He’s 3 1/2 but I don’t care. He has not seen me naked since he was an infant. That is not normal. We do not bathe together and never will.

What the fuck did I just read?

3 Likes

My husband has never once bathed with our daughter. He’ll walk around in his underwear. She’s never seen him naked. That’s not ok.

1 Like

I’m no my daughter is 5 and my husband locks the door don’t even let her in!!

My husband said to stop bathing when they can do it themselves.

1 Like

She’s been in with me at times but no definitely not her dad!!

No there isn’t. Unless you have REASON to believe he has ill intentions or thoughts.

But if he’s the father and you have no reason to not want him around the kids, bathing with his daughter or just being seen naked shouldn’t be an issue. ESPECIALLY if you are okay with being naked yourself around the same kids. It’s no different, a parent is a parent.

My daughter is 3 and bathes with her father. He doesn’t walk around naked willy nilly but she often invites herself into his bath or shower or comes through the room while he’s dressing. And he turns away or covers up but in a subtle way not making a huge deal about it. Because it’s not.

26 Likes

I’m curious as to why he would be showering with the 5 year old daughter? Do you not have a bath tub for her to get in herself?

1 Like

It’s fine if the dad is covering up, down there but for the shower thing big no no

Why even ask on here? Your going to have people here try to turn him into a perv and ruin your life

13 Likes

Is the father a sex offender, or a pedophile?
If not, then why even ask this question?
He’s the father, and she’s only 5. Relax, It’s fine.

18 Likes

… NO, NO, NO. Pervert or not… HELL NO

3 Likes

A big No!!! Red flags!!!

1 Like

Kids shouldn’t be showering with adults and exposed to adults being naked at all. That’s a whole CPS case if I was you I would have a very serious talk with him and put an end to that.

14 Likes

If he’s in underwear whats the big deal :woman_shrugging: here what if it was a mom doing this? Would yall have the same response?

6 Likes

Some families are just naked families. My old neighbor would answer the door naked. I’ve seen more of him over the years than my own children naked, and that’s saying a lot with my son! :joy: The man would leave the bathroom and bedroom windows wide open. There’s naked Tim again. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

My husband has never been naked in front of our kids, even when they were infants. He won’t even change in front of them. Walking around completely naked with kids that are old enough to comprehend body parts is just weird. Why walk around naked anyways? And bathing with a child over the age of 3 of the opposite sex just doesn’t seem ok

3 Likes

My dad always walked around the house naked especially first thing after waking up to go potty and it never ruined me. Lol don’t make such a big deal about it and she’ll be fine. Nothing wrong with a PARENT bathing with their child. If it was an uncle I’d be concerned.

9 Likes

Jesus Christ. He’s her father. My daddy raised me cause my mom ran off. My dad never ran around naked but he bathed me. My brother and I bathed together for years because we were poor and only had a tub, no shower with limited hot water. We bathed with our backs to each other. My dad washed us. Stop making things dirty that aren’t. Maybe thats how he was raised. Everyone is different. What’s normal for some may not be for others.

19 Likes

Why are you guys having babies with these men if you having to ask yourself shit like this about them :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: do better y’all

16 Likes

So, mother’s can be naked or bathe with their young sons and that’s fine, but if a father does it’s instantly a case of “is he a paedophile??” :roll_eyes: If he isn’t doing anything inappropriate then why are you asking this? I still hop in the shower with my 4 year old son and often walk around the house in undies or get dressed while dressing my boys. Should I be wrapping up in a full body suit and hiding my boobs when I breastfeed his little brother too, or does that not apply to me because I’m the mother? When they start asking lots of questions or either of you start feeling uncomfortable then you can make the decision to stop being so open with them. Until then, it’s up to you what you want to do.

24 Likes

NOT OKAY. Privacy is so important.

2 Likes

No big deal to me… unless he would think evil thoughts or if he’s a pedophile, which then he shouldn’t be around the kid at all…
For those who think it’s okay for mom to be showering with her kids or seen naked but not the dad don’t make no sense! Lmbo

7 Likes

Who the fuck asked a stupid question like that

4 Likes