Should I allow my dog to sleep in my toddlers room?

Do you let your dog sleep with your kids? my 5 year old lab has been wanting to sleep in my two year olds room for some reason (had him since he was a pup) but i dont like the idea as i know how toddlers are…hes never known signs of aggression but anything can happen and i know sometimes my toddler wakes in the middle of the night…should i allow it

50 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I allow my dog to sleep in my toddlers room?

I’ve had dogs all my life and they’ve slept with anyone in my family even small kids we never had any issues. . Only you know your pets :heart:

3 Likes

My mother’s dog was raised with my kids around. Never any signs of aggression and yet he bit my seven year old son’s ankle the other day and my son wasn’t even near him or bothering him. He was just running around the yard with his 19 yr old brother and the dog somehow just snapped. I’m thinking the dog is just getting too old for too much things going on at once. You can never be too cautious honestly especially with toddlers because the toddlers love is too much sometimes even though they mean well.

7 Likes

Personally I would but you’re the mother and the one who knows the dogs behaviours so follow your gut.

3 Likes

I’am making over $160 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18421 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome206.pages.dev/

My pittbull sleeps with my daughter every night.

3 Likes

I personally no. All dogs have a limit. Not saying your toddler will do anything. I know lots of families who’s dogs sleep with their babies. Or check in on them. I mean i guess I’m full of myself. Lol, if you can trust it, that’s on you. I just never leave any child unsupervised with any animals! I guess it’s just on you personally you know, your dog. All dogs can turn, I don’t say that like crazy. Lol. They are like us I like to believe only take so much and biting or what not is their reaction! I love all doggies! Sleeping with adults is just different than a child to me. Just go with how you feel! Maybe he just wants to check on his baby. My moms 4 dogs will, go up and down the stairs all night, checking in my niece. (My sister is right next to her) sorry this was rambling and maybe doesn’t make sense hahah… I tried :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wouldn’t until you’re comfortable that your child can read the signs that the dog may be getting frustrated. Better safe than sorry! They’ll have plenty of time together to build trust in one another.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. Not unsupervised at least. Both toddlers and dogs can be unpredictable. Better safe than sorry. I would wait a few years until the child is older and can read any signs from the dog better just to be safe.

5 Likes

After being fired from my old job 8 months ago, I’ve had luck to learn about this great company online that was a lifesaver for me. They offer online home-based work. My last month payment after working with them for 4 months was $14996… Great thing about it was that only requirement for the job is basic typing and reliable internet.

Go to This… https://JobsCareer146.pages.dev

Your dog wants to protect your toddler but we all know toddlers can be rough with their love. How about a dog bed outside the bedroom door ? Or leave the bedroom door open so the dog can come to you if it gets too much ?
No matter how good the dog they have their limits.

2 Likes

I would let the dog sleep in the room. There’s a reason the dog wants to.

2 Likes

My pit Bull has to sleep near my son every night and be around him every day. I got the pit as a puppy when I was a couple months pregnant and my son is 8 months old now….

3 Likes

Sure. Labs are generally a family breed. I would leave the door open enough for the dog to come out if he wants to. Two year olds can get a little too enthusiastic with their love and dogs can get overwhelmed, so leave the dog an out. I know dogs like to keep an eye on their little people. When my son was a newborn, my Irish Setter, Annie, thought he was hers. She would lay beside his blanket when he had tummy time and nose his toys back to him when he pushed them out of reach. And when he would nap and I had to put clothes on the line, she would sit next to his crib with her muzzle on the bumper pad, and she would come to the door and get me if he fussed at all. She would also get up with us for nighttime feedings. He was her boy.

6 Likes

Maybe do a couple of nights in the room, make sure the dog has their own bed…

2 Likes

I’am making over $160 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18421 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome275.pages.dev/

1 Like

My dogs slept under the crib and the swing. Let them bond.

2 Likes

Just make sure your kiddo has has safe sleep space and that the dog has its own sleep space in the room. Dogs have been known to alert parents to problems with a sleeping baby that wouldn’t have been noticed otherwise

4 Likes

It’s a lab, he probably wants to sleep in there to keep an eye on the kid because he wakes up in the middle of the night. My pitbull used to sleep in the crib with my girl when she was a baby and in her bed as she got older.
The dog would come get me if the baby woke up or needed a diaper change.
The dog also helped the baby learn to sit up and helped her learn to walk. She would hold onto toys and counter any time my daughter leaned then when she started walking the dog would walk beside her or even let my daughter hold onto her like the dog thought she was a walker for my daughter

11 Likes

Yes we do. They like to watch over their littles

My 1st german shepherd would sleep right by my baby’s crib for the first 3 months when she was a baby. He protected her. That was the only time he ever did not sleep by my side. He would make rounds until he was to old to do so at night. But that’s just what we did. I trusted that boy more than most hunans.

4 Likes

Hes trying to protect and watch over the child. I love this.

6 Likes

I have a 1 year old Maltese and she sleeps with my 5 year old. She will whine and bark if she doesn’t . Even when she goes to her papas house she takes her pup with her… lol it’s quite cute :heart:

3 Likes

My pitbull loves sleeping with my kids. They act as nanny dogs

2 Likes

No. It’s not safe for any unsupervised dog to be in a room with a small child.

5 Likes

You could try it and see how it goes. I dont see any harm in it. My dog sleeps with me but on the floor, im not sure if i trust my dog to behave while he sleeps, but she is only 2 compared to yours at 5. If she was a tad older and better behaved then i wouldn’t question it.

1 Like

Yea, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Let the dog sleep in the room. That’s his human. Our old dog use to sleep in our middle child’s room and only her room, he was super protective of her since birth (she was 7 weeks early and at the time had undiagnosed Cerebral Palsy) it was like he was trying to tell us something was wrong with her. Dogs are amazing animals.

4 Likes

We have a soon to be four year old pit. He will make rounds at night time and usually ends up in the bed with one of our children. He’s in protection mode as he should be.

1 Like

My dog and cats take turns sleeping in my daughters (2 year old) room. Occasionally one of the cats will join her in her bed

2 Likes

My kids love to sleep with my mom’s dogs. The big one thinks she’s a lap dog. :rofl: Dogs are protective, especially if they are around kids since birth.

2 Likes

He loves them and wants to sleep with them. Let him.

1 Like

Yes let him sleep in your son room. Your dog know he needs to pertect him.

4 Likes

Trial it for a night or 2 see how it goes if not then don’t

1 Like

I think your dog has a sense of protector over the baby… which is great. I would allow it and see how it goes. Yes anything can happen but hopefully it won’t, especially if you keep telling baby to be gentle to the dog

1 Like

That’s a hard no for me, I never had a problem with my dog growing up and one day he shredded my face like cheese.

4 Likes

All of my dogs have always slept with my kiddos. I’ve had a Pit Bull, Black Lab, Jack Russell/Rat Terrier/Bull Mastiff and a Chihuahua. You do what’s comfortable for you and your child. Now my black lab whose 8 months old is so obnoxious :rofl: that he has to sleep in his kennel at night otherwise he chews on EVERYTHING so once he’s fixed hopefully he mellows out and then he can sleep with us, again. My black lab was chewing the corners of my box spring up :roll_eyes::crazy_face::joy: he’s my third lab.

2 Likes

My Doberman has been sleeping with my kids since they were 5 and 6. If your dog gets uncomfortable I’m sure it’s first move will be to leave the room so make sure you give him that option, don’t close the door. Most dogs give warnings before biting and you’ll usually hear that warning if your child oversteps the boundaries (hopefully that doesn’t happen).

I’am making over $165 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18338 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome337.pages.dev/

Is your dog ok being shut behind a closed door at night? My dog has always slept with my husband and I. We keep all bedroom doors closed 24/7, but especially overnight and he has grown accustomed to bedtime and being in the closed off room.

My corgi terrier grew up sleeping in my 8 year olds room, my pitbull has taken a liking to sleeping in our toddlers room. Doors open. My pitty waits for the baby Togo to sleep then slithers in and gets his snuggles then sleeps at the foot of the bed.

1 Like

No. Big NO. dogs and toddlers should always be supervised. Even the sweetest dog can have a bad day or try to define a boundary with a bite. Big dogs and little kids don’t mix, for the kids sake, they should always be supervised.

3 Likes

I love the idea of it :two_hearts: and my own very trusted collie mix has been put with my boys to help them feel safer some nights. But even saying that, a dog can snap randomly. And toddlers aren’t good at boundaries so you really have to monitor the situation

Your lab is being protective over your child

I’am making over $165 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18338 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome359.pages.dev/

All my pit bulls sleep in my kids’ beds. Makes me feel safer honestly.

2 Likes

My dog is a 1yr old and my kids are much bigger, but she sleeps with them every night for some time now. They make sure we are safe :ok_woman:t4:

I would never allow it. Your dog might be great and have never shown signs of aggression but anything can happen in a split second. Dogs and toddlers should always be supervised

7 Likes

I do, but maybe it’s cause my dog is small. I know my dog isn’t gonna attack my daughter, more like the other way around.

No. No. No. Even dogs that love you can hurt you if experiencing unexpected pain, such as a tail that’s accidentally stepped on or an ear that gets pulled. You would be setting your dog up for failure and possible euthanasia if left unsupervised with a toddler.

5 Likes

My pits have always slept with my kids

2 Likes

Both my dogs slept with my 3 yr and 6 yr old…they are a comfort to each other.

My boxers sleep with my boys sometimes they love snuggling

My momma dog always wants to be around my kids. I let her. They way I see it (and I extremely over think things when it comes to my kids) if someone breaks into my house or something bad happens, I have a damn good dog that will not let anything or anyone get near my kids. She will give me time to get there and handle whatever is going on.

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13966 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer161.pages.dev

All 3 of our dogs love sleeping in our 4yr olds room🤷🏻‍♀️ we have a 2 story so we put a baby gate up to block the stairs and all the doors stay open. We have 2 Great Danes and a Coonhound

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13699 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer166.pages.dev

Here’s the thing. It really didn’t sound like you trust your dog. My German shepherd slept with my 6 month old nephew (she was a puppy then) and now, they are 6 and they still cuddle when he is over. I also have an English Setter that sleeps with all the kids. They both do. Why? Because I trust them. My family trusts them. They are the sweetest dogs. But they aren’t small. My 16 month old nephew uses my German shepherd as a pillow, a pony (or tries he’s too short :joy:) and a toy. He loves to play with her. All of this happens because they are trusted. They absolutely love the kids and the kids love them.

2 Likes

My kids always had dogs sleeping with them.

Our German Shepard sleeps with a 16 month old. But, come near them when their outside and you would be up close and personal with our GS because he loves all kids and hates wired strangers. Yes he knows the difference.

Yes our dogs havs their own bed and the smallest on she very protective over my son sleep in his bed.

My daughters pitt sleeps with her but she is a teenager to though. I’m not so sure for toddlers, unfortunately.

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13969 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer173.pages.dev

My animals sleep In any room they want. I don’t shut doors so they have free range to whoever room they wish to sleep in.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with is. I think your overreact but that just me. Remember animals can sence things and see things we can not.

1 Like

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17455 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob2980.pages.dev/

My dog won’t sleep with anyone but my boy…and he has to be burrowed under the blanket

1 Like

The dog probably senses a reason to guard your kid… I would let him…

4 Likes

Both my dogs sleep in my kids room ! The only one I wouldn’t allow till my kids got older was the cat as cats do try and lay on there faces or right beside there face and can cause harm not knowing it ! My small dog has to sleep in my kids rooms with the doors slightly open so he can come in and out and go bettween the rooms if he can’t free check his kids he will whin and start scratching and barking till we come and open the door my large breed dog sleeps in the living room with full access to go to kids room but prefers to sleep where she can watch the doors and guard the house if there making noise she will definitely go check on them

2 Likes

Of course you do. Our lab used to follow our son into his room every night and sleep at the foot of his bed. That’s a great bond the dog has with a child

2 Likes

My dog loves sleeping with my youngest. Because he let’s her in his bed. Lol. But I get her right before he turned one so they have grew up together (he is 9). I don’t see anything wrong with as long as u trust ur dog.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Our German shepherd likes to sleep with the kids. Especially my youngest, he seems to “protect him more” and honestly the only thing I worry about is he hates it when I try to wake my son up so he will literally lay on top of him to guard him from me :rofl:

4 Likes

No ! Never trust a dog with a small child alone. They may be best friends but they are still animals. If anything should happen then that’s too late for you to say sorry

3 Likes

My pit dog sleep with me and the kids. She super protective over my 3 year old and 6 months old, she’s 7 months old. We’ve had her since she was 6 weeks old. My son also knows not to be hitting, pulling or tugging on her. If you trust her and your son trust her and isn’t mean to her, I don’t see why not

3 Likes

If your kid can be trusted with an animal, sure. I wouldn’t close the door and trap them in there or anything.

My dog has slept with my son in his bed since he was three years old, he is a protector.

My son’s dog sleeps in his daughter room.she feels safe with the king in her bedroom.shes just turned 11yrs old .her and the dog,more or less are growing up together.which makes him her fur brother :slightly_smiling_face:

𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐲, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈’𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Dogs are pretty unpredictable. No, I wouldn’t have one sleep with toddler.

1 Like

My dogs have always slept with my kids from day 1

1 Like

I wouldn’t until the kids are older. No matter how great your pup is, and your kid is, you don’t want to regret it later.

1 Like

My kids have been sleeping with my dogs from day one till they passed away. As soon as kiddos were headed for bed, dogs were up there ready and waiting to lay down for the night

Yea let him sleep in there

1 Like

lol my pitt used to sleep in bed with my oldest when. she was 3…cuddle and everything

1 Like

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17463 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless
Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob3059.pages.dev/

It depends the dog. My dog slept with my youngest only when she was asleep. He was very protective of her but also knew babies and toddlers are unpredictable lol he was a small dog, less than 10lbs. I’d worry about a big dog tho or one who hasn’t been around children their whole life.

1 Like

Not with a toddler no

I would put a bed for your dog in the room at the foot of your son’s bed. I would tell your son the dog isn’t allowed in his bed though for now.

2 Likes

Camera/baby video monitor in the room.

I see no problem. Dogs are fairly too.

My dog of 10 years slept in same room as my son as a toddler when he turned about 4 my put attacked my lil dog and killed her they where raised up with each other both 14 yrs old saddly we had to put my dog down after that point of this is dogs are unpredictable I would never think she wud turn and attack one of us but if she did her dog sister then I wud think maybe one of us so no I wouldn’t allow it unless u shared a room with said child or child was older :person_shrugging:

1 Like

My lab/German has been sleeping in my sons room since day one. He’s 6 now and my son is 12 :dog::blue_heart: their Bond is the sweetest :heart:

2 Likes

My dog has always slept with my grandson in his room since my grandson was 10 months old and my dog was 4 years old, now that my grandson has a twin bed with a trundle on the bottom, the dog sleeps on the trundle, lol !

1 Like

Labs are great with kids, and love their kids in my experience with them. He just wants to protect the baby and see no issue but that’s me

1 Like

My tiny dog sleeps with my 14 year old. My giant dog sleeps with whoever she wants

When my daughter was baby (15 years ago) I lived with my in laws for a short period of time and they had a husky that everytime my daughter made a sound she would run in and check on her. When my daughter was in her crib the dog laid right in front of it and would get up periodically to check to make sure my daughter was okay.

Why stress yourself when you can generate easy income from crypto without having to do much. Invest in crypto with stock haven company today, all you have to do is to sit back and get traded for by trading experts. Check out Mrs Lisa Jennifer Facebook profile, she has helped and guided me through all steps in setting up my trading account and trading on my behalf. You can contact her through the tag profile below
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

If all trading platform are perfect as Mrs Lisa Jennifer, the world would have been a better place for all, I just got my first profit successful from Mrs Lisa Jennifer company platform and I want to encourage others to develop the habit of investment because it pays a lot, online investment has been my major source of income especially since the day of stay home period, if you are interested contact her
:point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5:

Absolutely not! If that toddler goes after that pup in the middle of the night it could be deadly!