Should I be concerned that I already lost my mucus plug?

I am 30 weeks pregnant and I have already lost my mucous plug. Should I start to pack a hospital bag or just calm down? This is my third baby but I have never had my plug come out so early and the pelvic pressure is worrisome

26 Likes

Always call your doctor! Don’t rely on strangers opinion

5 Likes

Not necessarily, sometimes they grow back but best to get checked over

I lost mine twice. It regenerates. But check with your OB.

Mucus plug can regenerate. But if you are worried call your doctor.

Call your gp or midwife hope everything is ok x

1 Like

You can always call and get checked but it’s possible to lose them and they grow back

Call ur Dr… Out of 6 my 3rd was the only one that I definitely saw the mucus plug. Went into labor 4 days later.

I lost mine @31 weeks and didn’t have the baby until 41weeks. But just call ur doc and make sure u gt seen.

my first 2 lost it 2 weeks before being induced…3rd like you I lost it 3 days before labor started on it’s own…get checked

Calm down. Mucus plug has NOTHING to do with labor

3 Likes

I lost mine at 27 weeks. I was induced at 39 weeks.

1 Like

Losing your mucus plug doesn’t always mean labor

Please let every answer on this to tell The girl to call the maternity ward :grimacing::telephone_receiver:

Call your provider :unamused: don’t ask strangers online

It regenerates at long as there’s no bloody show you should be okay, mine started coming out around 26 weeks. And I’m going on 33 weeks and still going strong! If your concerned call your doctor for more info!

Call your doc. I lost mine with my first one at 31 weeks. My midwife told me then that unless I was cramping or actually bleeding not to worry about it. She also said not to take baths as it could introduce infection.

1 Like

I wouldn’t panic honestly unless your having bleeding, cramping or contractions back to back. My oldest it took me 4 weeks to go into labor afterwards and my 2nd was c section. My 3rd I went into labor within a week

Also don’t push if your having pelvic pressure tell your doctor it could be the baby just dropped or could be your body preparing to dialate. Get it check quickly.

As long as you aren’t bleeding or leaking fluid along with the plug loss, you’re good.

Your body can “make” another one and as long as you aren’t bleeding, cramping, or having any liquid (amniotic fluid) either trickling or gushing out you should be just fine if you’re having concerns you can always call your ob just to be sure :purple_heart:

They grow back you can lose it multiple times.

1 Like

I lost mine the day before I went into labor it will be ok baby is good to come out at 30 weeks

I lost mine at 27 weeks, 32 weeks and when my water broke at exactly 40 weeks. If you’re worried definitely call the doctor but you can lose and reform your mucus plug

1 Like

I lost mine about a month before I was induced.

Call and update. But it can come out and regrow so call to check if they think you should go in or wait til your next apt

With my first I lost it at like, 22 weeks or something. They grow back… so unless you’re bleeding I wouldn’t worry too much. You can call L&D to calm your mind though

I lost bits and pieces of mine from 25weeks and up it remakes itself as the days go by

It can grow back but I would give your doctor a heads up and most definitely would pack a hospital bag asap.

I lost mine at like 25 weeks and still delivered a day before my due date!

I would just let your doctor know and have a bag packed just in case. But you’ll most likely be okay!

1 Like

I’m very curious how does somebody know they lost their mucus plug what does it look like I’ve never had it happen

1 Like

Just calm down don’t get yourself worked up it’s going to give you and the baby stress at this moment you should be okay you should call your doctor you want to feel better mentally that’s fine as of right now your baby is safe to live outside the womb please calm down

I lost mine slowly over a months time.

I lost mine a few days before labour best call the midwife and have a check up

I lost mine at 24 weeks! SUPER early. My OB confirmed it at a check. I did grow some mucus back but it was never the same as the initial “plug.” I was able to go into labor naturally at 39 weeks exactly, with zero complications! Your body does amazing things. To answer your other question, DEFINITELY start packing a bag sooner than later. I waited until 36 weeks to pack & install the car seat & by that point I was soooooo exhausted. Make a checklist and place it by your bag so you can easily see any last minute items (phone charger, pillow, etc) if you suddenly go into labor.

I’ve heard your body can make a new one. But I had my son about a week and a half after I lost mine. I also had pressure too. Best to just call your doctor and let them know what’s going on.

What did your doctor say?

It regenerates, and you can lose it multiple times, so no… Don’t worry. It’s not an indication of labor

Call your doctor! Use the on call if needed.

Mine came out around then, but it grows back. Unless you’re in pain, ignore it.

Keep an eye out for other symptoms of labor but, the mucous plug can and usually does regenerate that early

1 Like

I say make apointment to see your doctor. Better safe then sorry.

1 Like

I lost mine early and the midwife said it can “grow back” which at least I think mine did, because I lost it again when my water broke with my son.

It is typical but watch for other signs and keep in contact with your doctor. But it doesn’t hurt to already have your bag packed. But don’t stress about it.

Ask your doctor instead of social media…

5 Likes

It usually grows back

Call your doctor and follow his/ her advice. And have your bag packed just in case…

Relax call your doctor have bag and baby car seat ready

I’m 36 weeks and won’t pop!

Yes you should go to hospital please

No, Mucus plugs can regenerate

Get to hospital an get checked, happened to me an went into labor, had my baby 6 weeks early. I waited and ended up having an emergency c-section because the baby had no fluid around her.

5 Likes

I lost mine with my first baby and didn’t go into labor for weeks. They just told me to not be too far from a hospital if I were to travel.

Definitely pack a bag. I wish I knew about this before I had my daughter. But it was my first pregnancy. I lost my mucus plug on October 22,2019 and I gave birth the next day

It is common to loise the mucus plug early with subsuquent pregnancies. It does indicate you are beggining to dialate a bit so your labor may priceed quicker once you go into labor. If you are having contractions you should see your doctor. Other wise just pack your bags early and expect a faster labor this go around…

1 Like

It can regenerate- with my last I had it come out for awhile and then did end up having her at 36weeks but she was also huge and I had GD and too much fluid. Which were the causes. I wouldn’t worry- but would be packed just in case.

Listen to your body. This could just be your body preparing but not being fully ready. All 3 of mine i lost my plug at different times and went to into labor at different times after losing it.

1 Like

I lost my mucus plug at 29wks… called my MD to get checked out. I had my bags pack just incase… I delivered at 37 wks.

2 Likes

I had three children lost my mucous plug and walked around for days but I would call your doctor soon !

3 Likes

I would just call your doctor. After that pack a bag and do whatever your doctor said to do. Good luck

I agree, have a bag packed, but tell your Dr that you lost it. You may be able to go for awhile without it or they may want you to come in

3 Likes

I’ve had 4 children and always lost mine early but no issues came from it. Good luck!

My water broke about 6 hours after this , I was 32 weeks and yes had to also have a c- section because his heart rate dropped . Get ready it will be soon !!!

Could be weeks before baby comes but could be days/hours. If you aren’t contracting its fine, if you start contracting before 37weeks you need to go to the hospital. Mention it to your Dr at your next appointment, especially if you are having pressure. I lost my mucus plug within hours of labor and delivery with my 2 oldest (37weeks and 34weeks), I cant remember with my youngest.

2 Likes

Im almost 37 weeks and havent lost mine at all, but my friend who is also 37 weeks has been losing hers since 22 weeks🤷🏼‍♀️ it regenerates, as long as no blood in it you are fine.

Plug comes out when you’re starting to dilating…call your Dr…if you have fluid trickling make sure you don’t wait too long. .my friend had that happen, Dr told her everything is fine. .she waited 4 days, baby had infection and breathing issues. He spent few days in hospital and he’s fine now. She was 4 weeks away from due date. good luck to you & baby

I lost mine at 31 weeks with my first and had him at 38 weeks :woman_shrugging:t3:. But call your doctor to be safe.

U definitely need to call the doctor or go in to the hospital baby may have other plans good luck let us know

You have lost your mucus plug , and you are having pelvic pressure. Call dr. Now, pack bag while waiting for response from dr.
If you start getting more pressure get to er. Prayers for you and baby :heart:

2 Likes

Go to your Dr., if needed they will send you to the hospital. It’s very expensive to go to the hospital and then sent home. You need other signs of labor before you go to the hospital!

It can still be weeks or you could be in silent labor. Get checked out. The pressure is the worrisome part.

Every time I lost mine, I had my baby within 24 hours. I have 5 kids.

2 Likes

Go to hospital you will have a dry birth very dangerous for baby

So instead of calling you doctor you go on the internet to ask for advice

1 Like

You should be calling your doctor instead of wasting valuable time asking for advice on FB

4 Likes

Instead of asking dearly, maybe you should have contacted your doctor…lol

5 Likes

The night I lost mine I went into labor. Call your doctor and be ready to go.

Pack up. Call your doctor. Theyll tell you what they want you to do.

1 Like

You go to hospital bag that you might have an early delivery

Why would you ask a facebook forum and not your doctor???

3 Likes

Think my muscus plug passed about 4-5 days prior to labor. But at 30 wks, bag should be ready

You might have a few days after you loose your plug. But definitely call your doctor.

It grows back. Just try to keep from doing too much exercise

Mucus plugs fall out and grow back don’t go to the hospital
Until you’re contracting or your water is leaking

Mo one on face book is a Dr
Go to your Dr and get checked out. Its not that hard

With it being your third I wouldn’t wait around…

My mucus plug came out, that night my water broke, had the baby 12 hours later

Maybe it’s just me, but isn’t that why you have an OB/GYN? Call them! Don’t look for answers in social media!!! :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

No. It can come out early.

Only if you’re leaking fluids or having contractions…

Why are you asking people on Facebook - call your doctor.

4 Likes

Why aren’t you asking your doctor?

Calm down and talk to your doctor.

1 Like

I’d ask your doctor. They might want you to come in and get checked

For me it was 10-14 days before birth. Talk to your doc. Sounds like youneed to get off your feet

Call your doctor. I lost my plug .

Literally just googled this!! I am almost 37 weeks

Pack a bag just in case…then call you doctor

Pack your back & call your doctor asap

My mucous plug broke my baby got yellow jaundice & I had a dry birth