Should I buy my sons father a Father's Day gift?-

No. Not necessarily. If ur child was not working. Give ur child 2buy something 4his dad n maybe his stepdad

No but let your son pick something out to give him

1 Like

I would help your son pick something out
It’s not about what bio dad does or doesn’t do it’s about setting a better example for your child so he grows into the type of man you want him to be

5 Likes

All you who are saying no is forgetting that father day is about the child not the parents for fsake

3 Likes

Nah :woman_shrugging:t2: my ex & I don’t do this for eachother. You could have him make him a home made card or something, but especially if he wouldn’t have your kid do it for you… :woman_shrugging:t2: you’re remarried, remember? Not your responsibility anymore.

Yes because you are showing your son that his father is important and he deserves a gift from your child on fathers day. Who cares about “who pays for what” because it’s NOT about you, it’s about providing a positive role model for your son.
I coparent with my son’s father and we BOTH show equal respect for one another. As parents, it is our responsibility to model what a healthy co parenting relationship looks like because this is our current family situation. God forbid my son has to coparent with his future spouse, I hope we (his father and I) showed him the best example of a healthy co parent relationship. Regardless of how your ex acts, that’s a reflection of HIM. How YOU react is a reflection of YOU!

3 Likes

Yes.
Until your child is old enough to do it themselves.

2 Likes

Not one :poop: he was getting. Whether or not you are remarried it is still his son. It is his responsibility to come take his son to pick out a gift fir you within his price range.

I changed my mind. a home made card from his son he was getting.

2 Likes

l get paid over $ 165 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17596 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarinfopaid419.pages.dev/

No, you don’t have to, but let your kid pick something out

1 Like

My ex husband does not get me anything for Mother’s Day (I’m single) but I always get him something for Father’s Day from my daughter!

Yes’m. But have your son pick it out

I would for your child

1 Like

Honestly. I would if they have a role in your child’s life. Set the example for your son. You would want him to grow up with that so when he’s older and has children and if him and his partner split, he shows the mother kindness etc by getting her a gift and showing his kids that just because your separated doesn’t mean you can’t be nice and civil etc. it doesn’t have to be expensive, even a gift card to a favourite store with a card, :woman_shrugging:t3:

Yes, let your son pick out something small and a card if old enough.

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18985 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning836.pages.dev/

Let your son picl it out put his name on the gift

Yes, I would take your son shopping and let him pick out something for his dad. Let him help wrap it as well. Also let him pick out the card. Then when he goes to his dad’s for Father’s Day, put the gift and card in a bag and send them with him.

You be the better person.

Take your son shopping so he can get him something.

Or make something for him.

It would mean more if he made something for him,

1 Like

Have your son pick something out for him or make him a card or something. Be the bigger person.

No. Your son could make him something though

2 Likes

First why would you ask him why he didn’t buy you a mother’s day present? I don’t understand some parents anymore. If your child wants to get them a present let them. Even if you have to pay. It is so much less stressful when everyone gets along and it should be about the kids right?

2 Likes

Unless he’s going above and beyond being a father, I wouldn’t.

1 Like

Not you but your kid should

I always got stuff from my kids to their father and grandparents for xmas and then him for bday and a card for fathers day. Usually they made something from school. He never got something for the kuds to give me. But they remember and talk about what i doid for them

he is not your father, so why should you buy him a gift, The same with him buying you a gift!!! You can take your son out with X amount of money to spend & let your son pick out a gift or at least a card

2 Likes

I helped my daughter 10 make her dad a gift. He hardly has a role she is seeing him for the first time in over 2 months this weekend because her words “I have to it’s fathers day” I always help her make him something or buy something because she enjoys it. If he doesn’t do it in return then that’s on him. He has told me to stop buying him things for holidays because we aren’t together and I informed him I’d rather make our child happy then him

If my child wanted to get something I would and even if he remarried. It should be the responsibility of the spouse they or you are married to but if your child ask then I would buy a small gift or get a gift card

I’d have your child choose/make something for him. That’s still his dad.

I always get my kids dad something. My kids are older now so I let them see what he’s been wanting/ needing and they get it for him…

I would suggest you help your son to make something.

I always try to have something little from ny son to his dad. Its not about who gives what and who doesn’t. I want my boy to grow up and realize that I respected him as his dad even if he isn’t the greatest or whatever. He’s still his dad and loves him.

3 Likes

Take your son shopping and let him pick it out for him.

1 Like

Make him something lots of projects your son can do for him. Don’t buy anything. It’s weird.

I would have my son pick something out or make something for his dad.

If you have the means to financially it wouldn’t hurt to let your son pick something out. If you aren’t flush with cash have your son make something. It doesn’t hurt to do something nice for other people even if they don’t always reciprocate.

1 Like

Not from you, no, but your kid should

1 Like

I did when my kids were younger and he did as well

Even though my kids father doesn’t really get me anything, if I have extra, I give to our kids and let them get what they want for him. It’s not about how I feel, it’s about how our kids feel. Just because things didn’t work out, he’s still their dad and they love him. I always try to get him a little something even if it’s just a card.

Way overthinking this. Is the child old enough to care? That’s when it matters.

IMO, you are the mother of his child, he should be buying your Mother’s Day gift for his so. To give to you!
So to answer your question, YES be the better person and show your son respect for his dad. Speaking from experience.

2 Likes

Yes he’s your child’s dad, don’t be petty like him.

2 Likes

My son asked me to buy his dad a gift. I did.

Have your son make him a card or something! :yellow_heart:

YOU aren’t getting him a gift. Your child is getting him a gift. And that’s the why I’ve always let mine give their father birthday Christmas and father’s day presents without feeling weird or overthinking it.

2 Likes

I’ve been remarried for 14 years and my children father is in a relationship. I have always taken them out to get him a gift for Father’s Day , Christmas and his birthday and he does the same for me with our kids. So yes

1 Like

Let your son get him something. Your teaching the son to remembber.
And your the better person

1 Like

Yes absolutely. Your son may not realize it now but as he gets older he will appreciate and be a better person for having a mother as thoughtful as you.:heart:

1 Like

I would take your son to the store and let him pick a little something out from him

1 Like

I didn’t get anything from my daughters dad and it made my daughter upset… so to avoid her being upset on Father’s Day I still bought him gifts! It’s about how my child feels at the end of the day

Yes… or get your child to make something

1 Like

It’s hard not to let your own emotions get in the way but Look at it from your child eyes. My kid gets so much joy out of giving someone a “prize”. Plus your teaching your son an important lesson that he may not understand now, but someday will. It doesn’t have to be expensive, could even be handmade depending on the child’s age.

1 Like

I’m making my ex something with the kids, even though he didn’t get me anything

Have your child make him something …like a craft or a card…thats kinda rude of him youre still a team when it comes to your son n its more of a respect thing when it comes to being a parent woth you…men make me sick

I would help your child pick something out for him but as in you getting something for him personally, it’s a no.

You aren’t the one getting him a gift, you are purchasing a gift for your son to give him. I would get him something from your son - if your son is old enough, let him help pick it out

No, if he’s comfortable getting you nothing I’d keep that same energy. My child you make a picture or something.

Let your son pick him out some things and give to him. Remember your raising a little man❤️

2 Likes

Help your child get him a gift. It’s his father after all

1 Like

I always do. Be a better person. It’s for your son.

2 Likes

When my kids were little still I did because it wasn’t from me it was from them!! Be the bigger parent. If your son wants to make something make it with him, if your son wants to buy something (incentive have him do a special chore to earn the money) than he bought it!! It doesn’t have to look like something you went out of your way to buy make it about your son not you!!!

1 Like

If my kids father wasnt a psycho and didnt make crazy threats all the time I’d have the kids get him something even if he was in a relationship…it suppose to be from the kids not u

Ask your child if they would like to pick something out for their father. Just because he’s an ass doesn’t mean you have to be. Be an example to your child on how to treat others, since his father obviously can’t

Yes, get him something from your son. How your ex acts is a reflection of him. How you act or respond is a reflection of you. It isn’t a gift from you…it’s a gift from your son. Don’t be the one to put your son in the middle. If your son wants to buy a resent for his dad, then help him but it

If your son not old enough to work yes get a little something let your son pick it out so he will have something to give his dad. Always be the bigger person

1 Like

Take your son shopping and make up a men’s care pack for him and have your son pick out a few things. If my partner and I were to break up, I’d still give him recognition as I wouldn’t have my babies without him. Regardless if either of us were to be in other relationships. Even though I know I wouldn’t receive one, coz he’s stubborn like that lol…

If your child wants to get his daddy a gift then yes let him take your money and buy him a gift. If he doesn’t he can at least make him something at home. It doesn’t matter what the other parent does to you it matters about your kids wants. Trust me right now my little girls dad has absolutely nothing to do with her and it breaks my heart. We are staying home tomorrow away from anything Father’s Day so she won’t be reminded her daddy isn’t coming around. If he was I would let her get him something or make him something but he’s not.

1 Like

Let your kiddo pick something out for him. It’s from your son, not u. Easy peasy.

3 Likes

When the kids were younger, I did. I did it for my kids mostly.

Have your kid pick something out. My dad always took me to the store to find something for my mother on her day.

Yes ma’am that is showing love to your child :heart::heart::heart: and how to grow that is forming the adult man he will one day be

2 Likes

Yes if my son’s dad and I were not together. I would take my son and have him pick out something for his dad. It shouldn’t matter if he is with someone or not the gift will be from his kid not you.

I would buy him something,
just because he is wrong doesn’t mean you have to be.

4 Likes

Uh absolutely not. Have his son make him a card or something like that.

It depends, do you want to teach your son how to have character or how to be petty?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t push the issue, but if your child wants to pick out something for him then take your son to do so.

I don’t! We are not together. He doesn’t give to me and vice versa…when my son is older and wants to get his father something, then I will rethink…til then it’s another day

Absolutely, yes. After all, it’s for the children to give to their father. Just because he’s being petty doesn’t mean you have to be.

4 Likes

If he’s in your son’s life, then yes. If he’s not, then no. If you’re son is old enough to give his opinion, let him.

1 Like

If my child wanted to get something for him then yes I would but I myself am not gonna buy him shit.

Definitely take your child to buy his dad a gift. It’s about your child and his dad and it’s important for your son.

1 Like

Take your child to go get something for Father’s day.
He really could have done the same for you.
This isn’t about you guys giving each other gifts, it’s about recognition of the parentage, for the child to do the gift giving if you’re not together.
His way of thinking is childish.
I always took my kids to get their father a father’s day gift… he never did the same. I felt like it was my duty to let them recognize his role.

3 Likes

No tell him tour married now lol

Have your son make him something

Have his son make him a homemade gift. That way it’s actually from his son or let your son pick something out for him

I did see an age for your son. Me personally, if he is old enough, hand him money, take him to the store and have him choose something. Give him ideas if needed.
To me it’s about respect. I always wanted my children to remember whichever day it my be for whomever. It’s just respect

I always have my kids make cards for their dad were not together and both have new people in our lives but it’s still their dad…

2 Likes

Let your child make him something inexpensive and crafty or a nice home made card.

Help your son make him something. Homemade is always better IMO.

1 Like

At the very least maybe get him something that’s from your son. You could maybe even pinterest something easy you son could make to give him

The gift isn’t for you to give him. The gift is for your child to get him. Decided which role model you want to be for your son. I say help your son make him a gift or take your son to the store to pick out a gift for him. This is something your son will remember and cherish.

4 Likes

If they ask to, yes, do it. If it’s no big deal to them (like my child) don’t push it.

Honestly it’s not your new husband’s responsibility anyway. He isn’t your sons father and your not the mother to his child. However just because your sons dad didn’t get you anything from him doesn’t mean you can’t teach your son to do the right thing. Men think differently, get the gift of let him make his dad something and teach your son what’s right.

2 Likes

I would let my kid pick him something or make him a card

my ex husband currently has a new girlfriend and you bet your butt my 3 year old son and i sat down together and made something for his dad for fathers day. children need to see a positive interaction and relationship between their parents. its fathers day and thats his dad & his proud of it. best believe im gonna back my boy up. :100:

1 Like

I do. Our boys are still too young to buy their own gifts for him, so I let them pick out 1 or 2 small gifts for him. He’s a great dad who deserves to be celebrated, and I want to show our boys that example (even though we’re not together anymore we can still be nice to each other) I’ll most likely stop when he eventually meets someone new, but for now I’m happy to help my boys celebrate their dad.

1 Like

How old is your child? If they’re too young to make something up on their own then yes, I would.

You do what YOU feel you should for your children. If they’re not old enough to buy their own yet then it’s a great gesture as MOM to maybe grab a card & a cheap tee or something little. I did for mine when they were little & their father NEVER got me anything. But at least I knew my children were happy to give him something.

Let the son pick something. It’s his father after all. It doesnt have to be a ‘thing from you’. This is a day for your kids to support/honor their father. So long as he’s a good father then he can get something.