Should I call CPS on my ex?

My ex is 10 years older than me, and has 2 older children in their 20s. We share a daughter together.

His son lives with him, along with his girlfriend and her son from a previous relationship and they have 2 babies together. Every time I go over to pick my daughter up, the older boy (I think he’s 4) is always outside alone. My daughter says he just wanders out there. The house is a pig sty, they have a multitude of animals and it’s just a very dirty space.
I’m concerned for the little ones, would you call cps?

284 Likes

I’m not sure how CPS works exactly but maybe you could ask them to do a welfare check because of what you see when you pick up your daughter. If they have enough evidence and speak to the son they might have enough to open a case. But honestly I’m not sure how they work if they even do welfare checks? It’s always good to call and ask though. Keep in mind since your daughter is half his, they may bring your daughter and/or you into the case to see what you guys have seen.

Yes I would no 4 year old should be outside alone and ur child shouldn’t be living with them in a pig stay

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I call CPS on my ex? - Mamas Uncut

If you believe the children aren’t safe, then it shouldn’t be a question. Just do it.

14 Likes

If you are concerned then call. CPS will check it out and determine whether its a safe home or not.

5 Likes

Maybe before calling CPS sit down and talk with them

11 Likes

Honestly, him being older than you means nothing because you were with him and you had a child with him. It just sounds like you’re being spiteful. If the house is that bad and you haven’t done anything thus far and you keep sending your child there it can’t be that bad.

41 Likes

Follow your gut mama

I would if I was concerned

If your concerned, and haven’t spoke to them then you need to get your act right… I’m sorry, but if my child is in a inviroment that is unhealthy I’m speaking up, and speaking on it.

2 Likes

Don’t go talk to them just call cps. Promise it’s the best thing

5 Likes

If you’re questioning if you should call, then Yes call!

2 Likes

They will investigate you too. For failure to protect your child. Be prepared.

6 Likes

Had sorta the same situation with my baby daddy’s first baby momma. The house was in awful shape with tons of animals living inside etc. we ended up calling on her due to that and some other reasons. But if you’re concerned I would do it. Even the fact that anything could happen to the little boy while outside by himself🤷🏽‍♀️

2 Likes

You can call for a welfare check as a concerned anonymous Citizenf

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the kid being outside. It’s a concern if the house is dirty, but what constitutes dirty is very subjective. Not enough info.

If your concerned and worried be the voice for those children and ur daughters

Never fix it help out in other ways don’t ever put children in a situation like that ! Dirty floors happy children

I’d call non emergency police for a welfare check, and they will contact cyfs if there is valid concern.

3 Likes

Do what you think is right

“Should I call CPS” proceeds to post to Facebook instead of handling your personal issues. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Tf does age have anything to do with this??
If it was such an issue, this wouldnt even be a question rn. And you wouldnt be letting your kid go there

4 Likes

Why even post? Make the call what did our parents do with out internet!?

1 Like

If you feel like something’s not right then do it but don’t do it out of being bitter

7 Likes

Call them because if you don’t and they find out you let your daughter stay there you can get in trouble for that!!

2 Likes

I think u should stay outta it…it could be bad for u also

3 Likes

Speak to them first.
If someone needs help help them rather than make things worse.
It’s not always as simple as there just scruffy or dirty could be underlining issues. If they don’t reach out to you then u reach out to them. People are to quick to ring social.

4 Likes

Well i wouldn’t be sending my daughter there anymore but yes talk to your ex or ring someone

3 Likes

Is it dirty or filthy like feces and pee and bugs and unclean beds etc… bevause I had laundry dog hair and toys and think my house is dirty

3 Likes

Yes definitely call, a toddler shouldn’t be left unattended and the state of the house is concerning.

1 Like

You can call the non emergency number and ask them to do a welfare check.

4 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t let my kids go there if it’s a pigsty and they let little kids wander around outside unsupervised.

If you’re concerned for the little ones, why don’t you offer your help?? If you’re not on good terms write them a kind and polite letter with you’re concerns offering some sort of help.

6 Likes

You can always call for a welfare check anonymously.

4 Likes

Not first. Sit down and talk to them first

4 Likes

I would speak to them first and see if they need help

5 Likes

Should you call cps?? If you’re willing to call them on yourself, you know what it’s like at that house yet you still drop your child off 🤦, if you don’t want to talk to them about it (which you should’ve already) I think you can do a welfare check when your child is there

7 Likes

As for me, If a situation is so bad I felt need fo cps I damnnnnnn sure wouldn’t be dropping off my child. :woman_shrugging:t3: maybe call on yourself while your at it?.. :thinking:

So your basically saying they live in a pig sty on a farm with nobody watching the baby outside ? ( neglect) that child could fall over and seriously hurt himself and they would give a crap as they would only think he’s crying for attention! Call CPS, they will come over un announced but once they see the st*t sty they are living in they will take the baby probably.

3 Likes

If you were so concerned knowing the house stay so you wouldn’t be dropping your daughter over there to begin with

11 Likes

How about talking to them first before you try to get their kids taken from them!

7 Likes

I hate to say this but there is no law against having a pig stye house unless u can prove it causes the kids to be in danger or neglected with no food, etc.
Kids all over the world in much worse situations. Sad but true

5 Likes

In the field. Yes call

Y’all she’s asking a question and y’all are jumping down her. Simply answer or move along. BUT if it were me yes I would call.

3 Likes

If there’s a court order, Op has NO choice but to send her child old over. So for everyone saying “you wouldn’t be sending your daughter over if it was that bad” lol must be nice not having to or never having to send your child to an unsafe place because of a court order but that’s how it is.

8 Likes

If you were actually concerned about the welfare of the children why are you taking your child there? That doesn’t add up.

4 Likes

Umm. I wouldn’t just be up and jumping to call when you don’t know the whole story.

2 Likes

You can’t be that concerned if you still let your daughter go there

5 Likes

Tell someone else to call. They need to be reported ASAP. These are people who should not have had kids in the first place.

Yep. Little ones shouldn’t be left alone and dirty filthy homes are not good for their health. I know some kids who would continuously get pink eye (I assumed it was from the dogs pooping in the house so much). You can do it anonymously.

Keep your noes out, you allow your child in that PIG STY… but call them on someone in the same house :joy::woman_facepalming: can’t make it up…

4 Likes

A dirty house is negligence. I’m surprised so many people on here saying it doesn’t warrant intervention.
Make the call.
They will be able to determine if it meets criteria or not.

2 Likes

Let them know your concerns first if you’re really truly concerned for their safety and health then yes. If not then just know you risk your child being involved too since you allow her to go there

2 Likes

My husband had his kids sole & residential and BM was out of control with cps. If it’s that bad call but kids get brought into it so make sure your life is VERY straight and arrow…

1 Like

So it ok for your child to be there but not theirs?

1 Like

If you don’t feel comfortable talking to them about your concerns then I would call CPS. Maybe just talk to them about the mess and its not safe for your daughter

If none of the kids are being abused then calling them because the house is messy and the boy is always outside sounds petty and I doubt they would do anything about that anyway… kids are being beaten and dying in the time they are waiting for CPS intervention these days.
I have 3 boys, they are always outside! My neighbour has 2 boys, they are 3 and 4 and are always outside as is the 4 year old boy over the road. Kids that age, especially boys don’t like being inside all day. If he’s not wandering down the street on his own what’s the problem? I’m sure they can hear him outside and you don’t know that they aren’t checking him every few minutes…
And by pig sty? What is wrong? Toys from kids everywhere? Clothes? Or is there faeces, cockroaches and just pure filth like nothing EVER gets cleaned etc?
This post just sounds like a petty thing rather than a serious issue to me just from reading it.

6 Likes

If you’re allowing your child there it couldn’t be too bad. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

If you’re asking if you should, I think you know the answer. But, like a lot of people have said, if it’s that bad why are you allowing your child to be there without saying anything to them?!

1 Like

If the house is as disgusting as you say it is why would you send your daughter there? If you make a complaint to CPS they will be told that your daughter’s also in those conditions and you can get a case against you for neglect. It is neglectful to send your child to an unsafe environment knowingly… Maybe talk to them about the condition of the house and try to correct the situation before you involve any authorities. If they do not clean up the house then you have a right to take him to court and stop visitation until it is corrected.

1 Like

If you aren’t calling CPS for your own daughter’s protection, why would you call for the other children. Stop letting your child be in that situation.

3 Likes

If my child was staying in the house like yours…and I knew it was a mess,very unkept an a toddler is left outside unattended,I would never let my daughter go back there, and I would most definitely have to call.Knowing my child had been staying there, I’d hope they’d at-least go to the home and check it out.

I would communicate with him first, and see if the situation changes, rather than immediately getting the state involved and starting a whole big ordeal personally

1 Like

Of course! Trust your instincts!

1 Like

If your worried about the “Little ones” why not your daughters safety? They aren’t your children focus on your own. I’m sorry to be like that.

3 Likes

Yes. As a mandated reporter I would make the call. I realize you may not be a mandated reporter but knowing that I am and I would should hopefully make you feel more sure about calling. You can do so anonymously.

3 Likes

No why dont u have a talk with them and tell them u feel scared for the boy and from what u understand it’s a concern in the living space and ask him to take pics to ease your mind because u dpnt want to accuse or have a bad relationship or worse than it possibly already is but u want to make sure the situation isnt what is being displayed unless u have seen these things for yourself .
I dont tjink CPS is the answer sometimes people just need help … or some support maybe shes having an rough time …

I would have to agree, keep your nose outta it. But on the other hand I wouldn’t take my kid over there. I would take it to court and explain why you don’t want your kid over there. Unfortunately alot of parents need help but don’t actually recieve it thru CPS you may do more damage than help… stop taking your kid over there and get a lawyer

First I think I’d talk to them about the situation and give them the opportunity to fix it themselves. Granted it’s gonna be a shitty situation but if it’s really that bad and they care they will do something about it. As for your child going that’s your call. If your court ordered then you will have to submit for a change and go back to court otherwise you’ll be in contempt of court order.

I would definitely have a conversation 1st. And voice your concerns for all the children. Try to go about it through them 1st. If things don’t change then yes

I’d stop sending your child there for starters if its that bad, as for the mess talk to the parents express your concerns offer support before you call CPS on them.

1 Like

You shouldn’t even let your child over i would do something

NEVER CALL CPS. You will REGRET it forever. It’s like asking the fox into the henhouse trust me.

5 Likes

Only if you legit think they are in danger. Kids are hard to get back out of the system.

2 Likes

I definitely talk to them first and express your concerns. But definitely keep an eye on it because keeping your nose out of things like that is the reason why so many children are hurt or killed.

2 Likes

So, you’d be inviting them into your life too. Great idea🙄

2 Likes

Stop taking your daughter over there, when u deal with cps they look into you and him.

2 Likes

I would try learning the whole situation before calling cps. That can be life altering! I’ve seen a few horror stories where cps has taken children from their parents and put them in a foster home where they were worse off!!! A dirty house can be cleaned & you never know mom could be watching the child play from the window. Get more info, not everything is what it seems!

5 Likes

And you allow your daughter to stay there? The hell

5 Likes

Call cps. If there is a court order and you refuse visitation you are in contempt. If it’s to bad cps will put in an emergency order to a judge and withhold visits. We just went through it because step daughters mothers house was full of dog sh*t. They will do home visits to your house as well.

2 Likes

I would stop sending my child and yes I’d call

No. Talk to her instead of involving these people first. You can’t undo this once you do.

6 Likes

If it’s that gross I wouldn’t be having MY child there

4 Likes

First off, if you feel it’s THAT bad, why are you letting your child over there? Before calling CPS, I’d talk with them first. Even offer any assistance you can with helping them organize or something.

7 Likes

File for emergency custody aka no costs and call

Yes I would for the child. If you feel that way then follow your instinct. Better someone be mad then something awful happened to that child and you will never forgive yourself. God bless

Can’t be that bad if you’re allowing your daughter to go there

20 Likes

Take pics on your phone. Turn them in.Neglect for certain.

1 Like

You can report to CPS anonymously to avoid drama

2 Likes

I would talk to them first and address the issue because your child is present at times. Now with that being said,… I had a neighbor that was super lazy and plain filthy. Her and I needless to say didn’t see eye to eye over time because I brought up issues with her kids always coming to my house hungry and walking in and seeing clothes(no lie) knee deep from one end of the hallway and bedroom out into the living room. And what did she do… Call on me (friends came forward later to tell me) and made up all sorts of lies. So the shock of them showing up and going through my house pissed me off. Now I’m on the radar for 5 years even though they know it was falsified. What I’m getting at is if you don’t like the situation, don’t send your child. Reach out to family about the other kids. If there is no indication of abuse, don’t call. Trust me. I probably sound like an idiot. But I have seen it done so many times it does nothing but cause more problems. And they will ask you why you let your child go over there if you thought there was a problem. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

CPS isn’t always helpful. Maybe talk to them see what’s happening, and see if there’s a different resource that might fit their situation better. Sometimes CPS makes things worse.

6 Likes

Apparently a lot of you have no idea how court ordered custody works. :unamused:
There is NO way a 4yr old should be outside alone, supervision from the window is NOT sufficient. Those kids are being neglected. There are 3 adults in that household, that is enough to make sure the house is kept up.

8 Likes

Yes. What. R u. Waiting on. That. Can’t do. It therebabies

1 Like

I would not take my child there , and put in writing why to tbe father . Then if it doesn’t change call it in .

1 Like

Maybe mention it to them before getting the law involved?

3 Likes

Me? I wouldn’t call
Try talking to them
Mediation or family
Calling the county on your own family seems so shady

7 Likes

Are u close enough to them that you could offer your help or ask if everything was okay… mention that you’ve seen the boy alone outside and wanted to just make them aware in case they truly didn’t know. I once had a neighbor with a 3 yr old who would ALWAYS sneak out their back door, climb our shared chain link fence and come to our back door asking for a treat lol I’d always shoot them a text or call and inform them he was over and he always waited for them to think he was content and the moment they’d turn their back’s he managed to slip away quick!

Once you call CPS it’s a pain to get them out of your life. I did daycare and my own husband called CPS on me saying I abused my own child and I never did. What he called me in for was I put my child down with one arm because I had a plate of food in the other and I accidentally dropped him because I thought he had he’s feet on the ground. It was a joke. I had a 45 day investigation and it stays with me for 5 years in case I get called in again. It will take a lot for me to ever forgive him. I have also done foster care before I married him and so I have worked with social services. Kids are just a number to them. I would talk to them first and if nothing changes call them in. I always give people a warning. You can alway call and ask questions to what is considered unsafe for a child, But also when I was doing daycare my husband left our child with me. im the primary care giver and they will look at that… like why would you leave your child with someone that could be unsafe… I am also a mandated reporter but I would voice your concerns.

2 Likes

But you let your child over there?

12 Likes