Should I call CPS on my ex?

So is the child outside I a fenced in back yard where maybe the mom can see them while she’s cooking or caring for another child? Or is this child wandering around by a street no fence etc? If the house is “filthy” is it inhabitable or not vacuumed kids dirty mold, old food everywhere or a sink full of dishes and not mopped etc cause of a house full of animals and kids and you see it twice once at drop off and pick up? Are you wanting to call cause you don’t want the new girlfriend there and hoping this is a way to get her gone? Once you call if they see just cause to take these kids your kid can 1. Be taken also cause you allowed her there instead of petitioning the court to take visitation away. 2. She won’t be taken from you but won’t get to see her dad again unsupervised no more weekends. Calling DCS destroys families and causes lasting trauma on the kids (they’ll take them for the smallest reason as they get more kick back) are the kids abused is there abuse or drugs in the home? Or is the filth because of the animals and just not to your clean standards?? Huge difference and once that some people are so quick to jump on not realizing that it’s not something to do just to do when the kids aren’t actually being neglected or in danger cause dcs will “find” a reason in anything they can I’ve seen it happen many times, and seen those kids taken when there was no reason to except a sour ex making up things to stir the pot. Not saying you are doing this just going over it all. If it was that horridly filthy or kids were abused or neglected you wouldn’t be sending your kid there court order or not.

1 Like

I’ve got issues with that. Honestly. Help her. Talk to her. Explain if you can see the problem then other people can as well. My children were kidnapped…yes kidnapped, for 14 years because cps placed them with a family at my request and the family ran and hid. My kids were 6 and three. When I tot them back they were grown ass people. And now its the hardest thing ever to attach. Just saying.

Wouldn’t take her over anymore, and when he asks, you tell him that’s a safe or clean environment for your daughter…and take it from there.

Hes old enough to have children in thier 20s yet His house is that disgusting?? So disgusting that Youre going to cause a bunch of shit by calling CPS? Have you personally seen the inside of the house ? How old is the daughter you share to watch a 4 year old "always wander " outside alone? Sounds like theres some missing facts to this story

1 Like

Wow. How about offer them a helping hand before being so quick to call cops/cps? geez :woman_facepalming:t2: Its people like you they have kids removed from loving parents all the time when there’s not even an issue and you only see a glimpse of it and go off what your child tells you… have you never had a stressful day in your life? Have you never wished someone would come help you clean up your house or maybe take your kids so you can have a break? Be better, not bitter. You never know what people are going through MENTALLY and physically. Ask before assuming why their house is a mess :woman_shrugging:t2: fun fact: “a messy home is a lived in home” red flags go up in a spotless home when it comes to cps :shushing_face:

1 Like

All I gotta say to this is. I’m so sorry for all these people who are making hateful comments. You are genuinely worried for the care of these children. None of us know the full story & most of these ppl are judging/laughing at you. I’m sorry for that! I’m sure there’s more to the story/details regarding how filthy the home is with the animals being there etc. and Ik with a court order you can’t just take away your child from visitation with no proof for court/witnesses. I don’t think people are thinking of that while they’re judging you for being concerned and having to take your daughter there regardless. I would ask first what’s going on, and if they’re nasty about it and you do see animal feces/flee bites on your child or anything in their home to put you or your child in harms way then do what’s best for you. You make that decision and don’t let any of these other moms/parents make you feel bad for genuinely asking a question and wanting help. They are the ones who need to stop jumping to conclusion, and be kind. We are suppose to help one another not bring eachother down regarding our children. You’re not being petty or want your ex back. I feel this is a serious matter and you just don’t know how to come about the situation. I’ve been in something similar so I understand. People need to ask more questions and think before they speak.
I’m sorry you’re going through this ! And hope you find some peace of mind for your situation soon.

Absolutely not. Id have a talk with him and ask if there’s anything you can do to help. Many peoples houses are a mess with kids including my own. No matter how much I clean it’s a mess again by the end of the day. No, the kid shouldn’t be wandering outside. id bring it all to their attention. People struggle and I don’t think it’s the right thing to do. Foster homes are not any better most of the time and most are only in it for the money.

CPS likely won’t do anything. We have called several times in regards to our neighbors child. He just turned five. He is always outside and wandering alone. The family is constantly yelling and screaming at him, calling him horrible things. He is usually dirty and wears the same clothes days in a row. I’m not sure what the inside of the home looks like. They told us multiple times that none of these things are signs of abuse and that it’s not illegal to yell at a child :disappointed: :cry: Also, on the off chance you get ahold of someone who will help, you likely will be questioned as well for letting your own child stay there. If anything, I’d call on behalf of both children and keep your child safe with you until further notice.

If you feel the situation the children are in is actually harmful to them then yes, call…

Be an adult/the bigger person and speak to them first and tell them your concerns. See if anything changes and if it doesn’t then consider a welfare check and don’t allow your daughter over until things are better. I know what it feels like to have CPS called on you when you’ve done nothing wrong and that’s a nightmare I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. And there is a big difference between a messy home and an unhealthy/hazardous home, so which is it that they have? They can’t take kids over someone having a messy home but the 4 year old should DEFINITELY be supervised outside. I would be a nervous wreck if my son was ever outside without me, even for a second but I also have very strong maternal instincts. :tipping_hand_woman::100:

Do an anonymous tips. Those anonymous tips you can say ANYTHING and they will come knocking on you door REAL quick. Ex husband tried to do that with me but told them lies. Obviously I still got my baby. But that was when we was going through a bad divorce 3 years ago, we good now. But if your SOOOO worried then why are you sending your child over there? That’s my big question. And no stones thrown toward you. Just wondering.

Yes absolutely if something happens to the 4 year old gets hit by a car you will never forgive yourself

If my kid is outside… in the country or even the city and u call cps on me without talkin to me wow… we would throw hands… Maybe I’m watching at the window or maybe I corrected the situation or maybe my kid is a runner and I had to pee for 30 seconds…ect we usually all try to be good parents and If these people are goimg.to be in ur life since u guys share a common interest (ur child) maybe try to be a decent human and help them before potentially ruining their lives…

Figure out before you assume because you can destroy those kids life with DHR because you ran with the first thing you saw​:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

1 Like

Also everyone saying she is a bad mom for letting her kid spend time with her dad yall can all seriously fuck off he might be a good dad just happened to be a piece of the story and she prolly never had any incidents with her kid there a dad has a right to see his kid she did nothing wrong she is concerned about recent events this is why I hate other parents bunch of hypercritical snobs who act like their shit don’t stink lemme tell ya it don’t smell like roses

I work for CPS, I would. That is way too young to be outside alone. And the house can’t be nasty. I have plenty of kids on my caseload due to being unsupervised outside

If it’s a custody agreement…she CANNOT refuse visitation unless she applies for emergency custody. She herself can be help in contempt of a court order. All she can do is document, gather proof and then apply for change of visitation.

Yes I would but unfortunately it’s difficult to take kids away. They literally have to be living in shit to get takin away

If you are actually concerned and that close to the situation then help them. If they don’t see an issue and let the child wonder unattended I would intervene. Might not be my baby, but I will be damned if I let a baby get hit by a car on my conscious. Nor would I want a bu ch of kids living in cps group homes when they had a home on my head.

People’s houses get dirty at times with kids. If he’s took care of and not abused I’d stay out of it. They’ll wonder why if it’s bad enough to report that you’re letting your kid go over.

I’d talk to them first and I’d also offer any help I could give them! So many are so quick to just to cps/cas when often time people just need help and are overwhelmed in my opinion

I wouldn’t do anything. I rather just speak to them if I was you… imagine calling on this and cps end up taking your child too because you allowed your daughter to go there as well.

Speak to them first. CPS is overan with so much bullshit that they can’t focus and provide quality care/service to children who actually need it. Damn a court order, don’t send your child back until the situation is cleaned up. If you feel there’s truly danger, take all the kids, involve the older children. If the kids lives aren’t in danger, just take photos of the child outside alone. Document the living environment to use if youre held in contempt. No one truly knows the situation but if you’re still sending your child there, it can’t be detrimental. But if it is, stop sending your child.

If they aren’t starving, being abused, or homeless… I’d say leave them alone. There’s children that REALLY need help out their situations and adding something petty like this is just taking away from kids that actually need to be saved.

You should talk to him. Why would you do that to a family unless the child is in real danger.

How old is your child together? If its that bad, why are you allowing your child there?

2 Likes

If it’s so bad why are you letting your child go over there? If this is court ordered you need to speak to the ex and the court. I personally wouldn’t call because A) a dirty house isn’t abuse or neglect of a child and B ) I’ve worked with (not for) CPS they wouldn’t investigate this. Be an adult and speak to your ex. Tell him you don’t feel comfortable with child in this environment. Come to a solution so your child can see their dad. Offer assistance, maybe there’s a reason why the house is dirty. Don’t jump to calling CPS because you will be investigated too. Use this situation to practice empathy and not what really appears to be spite. My house is clean but things still get piled up, laundry sits around unfolded, my kids wander outside by themselves for a few minutes- if someone called CPS on me I’d honestly get them out of my life so quick their head would spin. Don’t do something you can’t undo.

If you are legitimately concerned about the safety and welfare of small children then yes I think you have a responsibility to call… just call anonymously so they don’t have hostility towards you & your daughter… if something ends up happening to a small child & you didn’t call you will have to live with that… it’s not about judging… the safety of innocent children takes precedence over everything…

Dr. Phil always advises parents to try to work matters out between themselves first, because once the government gets involved, the control does not belong to the parents over what happens to their babies.

If you’re that worried about you’re child and the conditions they live in clean it up then , or don’t allow her to sleep over night there. Be a parent first before being a child nd running to anyone who will listen to youre stories get offline and go deal with you’re responsibilities 🤦

Try telling him he needs to get his place cleaned up or she can’t go back. If next time you go to drop her off it still looks thrashed then yea call them, but don’t drop you little girl off with him. Make the call and go home unless they ask you to stay and wait… Make sure to tell him through email or text so it can be documented for court use.

Maybe have a chat with the parents before calling CPS…CPS should really be a last resort for children in truly horrible situations, they can really make a persons life hell for very poor reasons, while taking attention away from those who really deserve or need the intervention.

I’ve been there. My ex… instead of calling, I just didn’t allow her to go when things got bad. We did have a court order but because I felt uncomfortable leaving her there after seeing inside and how she would smell coming home, it was up to him to take me to court or report my not allowing her return. I told him just provide the safe level of safe and clean that you expect from me and she can come back, you can see her, take her put call whatever but she’s not staying overnight again until things are better… I have a right to protect my child. But I didn’t want to hurt him . Turns out someone else reported him anyway but I never called… maybe I should have? I didn’t feel there was danger of injury but then again there were choices made by him later that caused danger… if you truly feel its danger then CALL if you ware worried don’t let your child go. You can fight in court, but don’t risk it if you actually feel there’s danger… My ex actually drove with my daughter in the car while he was drunk and killed someone with her in the vehicle… Not all situations are so dramatic but If I had called when things 1st started to happen maybe that would have been prevented. He’s dead now.

You should just mind your own business and take a look at yourself first because they will question why the hell you’re sending your child there in the first place if you’re calling them. None of this really even has to do with you or your child since you’re still letting your child go over there, so honestly you just sound like a jealous ex. Just my opinion.

Court is either a hit and miss or they will side with you. Never in between. They do what they want and how they want to. Maybe communicate with Father about these concerns first? Have you? Communication is vital for split parenting.

The child at 4 is vulnerable and should not be outside alone. The cleanliness of the home will be judged on the age of the children in the home. If you have concerns make a report. Calling cps does not automatically equal removal. Usually in dirty home circumstances, the parents are given 7 days to clean it and dependent upon what they do will determine the course of the case.

So is the house dirty as in dust and dirty dishes or dirty as in clutter? She might clean everyday but animals shed :woman_shrugging:t2: when my dogs shed, I swee and swiffer everyday and still the next day it looks like I haven’t swept in weeks. Maybe she’s overwhelmed, have you talked to them
About it.

no, people jump to cps for every little thing which causes more problems then helps. Having a dirty house, pets, a bunch of kids living with you and there kids. I would say that is some good timing for that 4 year old to always be outside all the time alone every time you go over there to pick up your daughter. I might be concerned about why they time it like that.

Talk to them first… Because calling CPS is going to turn out poorly… And that’s a last resort type of thing anyway and not a visit any parent ever wants to their house. Having an actual conversation with all of them will work out a lot better in the long run

Cps just like to pocket money.
If you call cps they could take your child to cause you let her go over there. Maybe talk with them first

1 Like

Don’t call cps or the cops ffs

Talk to them and offer to help or make an agreement between you and him that your daughter won’t go until it’s cleaner or whatever

1 Like

Do you coparent well together? Do yall get along? If the answers are yes, then talk to your child’s father about it! Talk about all your concerns and let it be known that your child doesn’t need to be staying there if he doesn’t clean it up! I would avoid CPS at all costs.

Try having a talk with your ex and his current partner before just going off of what you’re told…as far as the rest see if there is anything they need help with because of their schedules, if there is anything you can, or anyone you know, etc. to help them out with before going off the deep end and doing that…because once cps enters your life there is no going back…

You definitely can as CPS could offer help with the situation. CPS is not there to take kiddos away if they don’t have to, they want to help families succeed.

If you don’t have a speaking relationship with him, you could call for a well check.

I wouldn’t. My experience with CPS where I live is a joke. They notify the person 2-3 days in advance so of course the house and children are cleaned. The parents also have time to make sure the child knows what to say. As a parent I would confront them on it and not send my child back.

Cps, traffics children so no. Only as a last resort. I would talk to them, his mom her mom and see if there’s a resolution before doing a welfare check instead.

If you’re truly concerned put on some gloves and lend a helping hand in cleaning up the pig sty

Call cps environmental neglect and neglect for not knowing where their child is or if the child is outside. That child risks being kidnapped. You are also doing what is in the best interest of your child too.

You don’t like that one of his kids lives with him? Adult or not I don’t see a problem with him letting his kid and girlfriend live with him. Why does them having animals matter- how many are there? Unless the animals are using the house as a bathroom cps won’t do anything about the house just being dirty. ~They don’t need to live by -your- standards of clean~
And about the 4 year old being outside, it depends on its parent(s) Ian’s if they trust him out front- plus you don’t know if they are watching him or not. You just assume. My 5 year old goes outside with her friends without me :woman_shrugging:t3: she knows how far she can go and where I can or can’t see her.

You either know about it and call or you are part of the problem if you ask me. I know it’s a heart breaking situation to be the one to make the call but… if anything it might help them straighten stuff out. I’m not trying to be rude by the way, please don’t take it like that.

Ask if they need help tidying up or take the kiddos out so they can do it. Yes it is not up to par. But help them before you throw them under the bus. If it bothered you this much why did you keep sending your child back over???

I think it depends on where they live. Do they live in the city close to streets? Or do they live in a nice country town? Do they have a fenced in yard? Is the boy in the fenced in yard when he’s wandering? Do they have acreage? There is so much that you are not stating.
You said they live in a house with at least 4 kids under the age of 4? Plus your daughter? I have 5 kids myself, and animals. Let me tell you, it doesn’t matter how much I clean, the house always looks like a pig sty. The new mama is busy with all those babies, that is a TON of stress on top of your ex, and maybe some stress you cause. My ex-husbands ex caused a ridiculous amount of stress for me and my kids, and her kids.

Does your daughter tell you they abuse her or the other kids? Does she tell you they are fed? Does she tell you they’re doing drugs or anything like that?

There are too many unknowns to just say yes and add more unwarranted stress to an already overwhelmed mamas life. A messy house and a kid outside is NOT enough reason to call CPS.

2 Likes

A dirty house isn’t a reason to remove kids. Unless there is mold or animal feces CPS won’t do anything. As with the 4 year old that is a parental thing, and isn’t consider neglect unless the Child is a wanderer. Unless neglect or abuse is occurring then no don’t report it. If you are uncomfortable sending your child bring it up to the courts and they can deal with it.

Making a report to CPS does not require proof & it can be anonymous. Your job is not to determine whether or not abuse or neglect is for sure occurring but if there is sufficient reason to believe it may be occurring.

I would speak to the ex… sometimes bringing the GOV into it isn’t the greatest idea! And can cause just out right anger for having trust issues or anything like that, speak to the Ex and even the Gf, you don’t have much control what she does with her child, and my children play outside alone a lot…. As I am working or cleaning the house, so I would definitely just question them politely on the issue without coming out rude or anything to avoid any kind of un needed animosity

No. A messy house (unless it is full of bed bug, maggots, animal phecies ect) is not a cause for a CPS call. They will do nothing. Also letting a kid outside by themself is not breaking the law. If you are uncomfortable with your child going there, try to file for a parenting plan or custody and prove your case that way. I see on a regular basis people calling for way worse, and it still is not something that will have anything done about it. If the kids are happy and healthy and is not down right unlivable, it would likely just cause problems.

Someone give that man a case of condoms. Jesus :roll_eyes:. This definitely is a bad situation. I called Child Services once on my ex-husband for less than that. My son would come to me with ant bites, flea bites, ridiculous. I was mad. They didn’t do much, but it pissed him off and got his attention. Both dogs were given away shortly thereafter. :roll_eyes:.

Well if there is older kids in their 20’ s then they should be able to take custody of the younger ones or even another family member. They dang sure don’t need to be there in that nastiness.

I would especially with my child being there .

1 Like

Cps does more harm than good. That’s a last resort sort of thing. Definitely doesn’t sound like the appropriate response to the situation

Yes I ageee with some here. Talk to him or them first. Give them this. Tell them u r very concerned and u wont be sending your child there any more until… and also though u do need to do something fast about that lil one roaming alone outside. If u talk to him first and then call any authorities he will know its u even just a welfare check he will know u did that. Which maybe that’s what u ought to do first before talking to him/them.

Do you have a court order that states he has your daughter on certain days? Is that why she still goes over there? Also before you call CPS make sure your house is A1 because they will put two and two together and turn it on you. However call for a well check because you’re worried about the child and the condition of the house they live in.

I’m a foster mom & my personal opinion I would definitely talk to your ex first. Offer to help. Talk to him as you would want someone approaching you with the same situation. If things aren’t fixed or atleast showing improvement then I would go to the next step of doing whatever needs done. Just be careful and decide as if the situation was reversed. Sometimes getting Cps involved can mix up way more then needed.

Yes and try to take pictures bc CPS will usually call and schedule an appointment so they might be able to clean it up

Yes they are endangering your child as well. You could save the life of your child and their children as well

Remember whatever you decide to do that your actions have consequences. Those may be your child losing their other parent or him becoming hostile with you if he knows you reported him instead of talking to him about it.

The messy house is one thing but I’d call for the baby being outside alone. That’s a bug safety concern

Have you ever worked with CPS? Handle it like an adult. Only involve them if absolutely necessary.

1 Like

I would. Safety of the kids should always come first

Okay. There’s a lot more that I need to know. In the front or out back? Can he be seen by adults? What are the adults doing? How long is he outside? Is it fenced? Where do they live? City or rural area? Busy road or nothing around? What do you consider a pig sty? Messy/disorganized or actual filth such as food/feces/bugs/etc? I feel like this could just be an over reaction

my ex called CPS on me after I put him in jail for abusing me and not taking care of our child. CPS showed up to my front door for similar reason, my house was spotless and CPS closed my case in 1 week. Worker said it was pointless and petty to get revenge like that. Have a conversation first.

I wouldn’t, if CPS did take them doesn’t mean they would be in a better place there are some horrible foster parents. I would if it was endangering their lives

Condering that I’m a housekeeper for beach rentals, kids are sticky ninjas!! And their parents tend to be nastier. It’s very rare that I find a place, tidy. People are pigs and that’s how they enjoy living, I reckon😂

A lot of parents fail their children on teaching them properly on cleaning.

Personally, from what I’m reading, she sounds bitter. If the place was that gross, why are you STILL letting your child visit her dad there??? Seriously, change the location and supervise them. If, you don’t protect her, who will?

So the times you go there it’s a “pig sty”… have you seen it day in day out to know no one is cleaning up etc? Is it the same things all the time?
It may be a case of they only clean every few days, maybe once a week.
Animals don’t matter unless there’s animal faeces everywhere that is not cleaned up etc.
Do they live in a culdesac / quiet street or a main road???
Is he in the front yard or on the road?

I think maybe you need to speak to your ex before you go calling cps

You should most definitely call local law enforcement and have them do a wellness check on the home. Local PD just show up and if they feel like it’s a ha situation then they can call CPS on your ex and his gf. But, if they open an investigation your ex will not only be investigated you will too.

I am cps and there is a minimum standard of living. So what may be bad to you may not be a hazard to us. If you would like to pm me please do

1 Like

I would type up an official letter and have it taped to the front door (dropped in mail) by an unknown person to them ( anonymous). Letter should detail concerns about young child and threat to call CPS if they see it again.

If you have a custody agreement stating your child HAS to go then yes, call. It will not backfire on you since you are abiding by your custody agreement.

I would talk to them first unless they are abusing or starving them no need to bring in cps good chance they will look into your daughter too and you never get rid of cps also if this is the worst no need to break up the kids lives but I would definitely talk to them about it

If not you then who protects that 4 year old? And keep your child out of there.

Ummm no. Wtf. With very little context to the situation except “they have alot of animals and the house is dirty” this is utter nonsense. Unless it’s actually hazardous like broken glass, animal feaces, Improper storage of food or chemicals, or a Horder situation cps won’t do a thing. Mostl of those things are easily documentable by you if they are true. And just having documented proof of hazardous living condition gives you plenty of ammo to keep your child from the other parent and call cps, but if you talking about just a mess of an person who is overwhelmed your delusional.
As for the 4 yo kid “wondering in the yard” there needs more context to. Is it a big city or country side? is it fenced in? Mid city? Those factors play a major role.

Police are mandatory reporters in my state, not sure if that’s true everywhere…though I would think it should be. So that said, a welfare check could likely result in a call to CPS anyway. I always say if you suspect child abuse or neglect is happening, make the call. A lot of times parents get supportive services like cleaning companies, parenting classes and educational resources, and other support to correct the problem. Removal from the home is not the first resort, nor should it be.

CPS is a big deal… Stop and think of other ways to handle the situation before you ruin someone’s life.

Cps is for children that are being abused neglected or mis treated.

1 Like

Please leave cps out of things if they are not in real danger.
That is a drastic thing that people tend to take full advantage of these days over opinions.

You should not send your child over there if you feel this way! If you call cps they will consider it neglect in your part.

1 Like

CPS are a horrible organization. To be honest, if it were me, I would NOT call them. Ever.

I would reach out to the ex and explain what you’ve witnessed and address the concerns.

If that fails, then try to talk to the other mother.

If that fails, I would withhold my children from being able to go there.

No, first off u should have a talk with him and question him as to why his 4 yr old is outside alone, explain to him that ur daughter is telling u things and u are concerned. Then u ask if there is anything going on that needs to be addressed? Ask if there are any drug use or drinking problems going on in the home, or is anyone under any mental instabilities for the home to be that way. Try to understand the situation first. Tell him u feel uncomfortable with your daughter in that environment and will not bring her around if it continues until its cleaned up and things have changed. Then if things havent changed, then yes maybe call cps. But understand that if u do that, u are puting everyone in a bad situation but yet it can also be a good one who knows. But I wouldnt allow my child around that. And if u do, then u are just as bad as they are if u are that concerned.

I would go to court to file a petition to stop the visits at the house due to the living conditions and let the judge get CPS involved

People have different opinions on what’s messy and what’s not. Telling us it’s a pigsty doesn’t really tell us much.

Every state has different laws on different things. If it’s not illegal for a 4 year old to be outside unsupervised leave it alone.

If the house is just messy and cluttered leave it alone.

Are the kids living in a house where there’s animal fences everywhere? Is food left out for days with mold on it it’s been there so long?

If it looks like 9 people live in one house and it just got messy again an hour after they cleaned… leave it alone I’m a single mom of three I can’t imagine what a house of 9 could do and there are days I look around I can’t believe my house looks as bad as it does

If there is no signs of physical, mental, emotional abuse leave it alone.

Cps care about filth not mess. Do the kids have a place to sleep, are they being fed? Do they have clothes? Shoes? are they getting an education? And do they go to the doctor?

They might not be living UP to YOUR standards but it’s not your house not your business and if you tried to take this to court and it’s not actually a problem that’s what the judge will tell you.

Save CPS for real cases that childrens life are in danger. Take to your ex yourself or hire an attorney to revise visitation. If its not important enough for you to take this step, you might be bitter or petty in your actions.

If that 4 year old drowns in a pool or gets hit by a car because he or she was left outside alone I hope some of these people comment back this girl up saying she was right not to call CPS I’m not saying she should or shouldn’t but something needs to be done about that kid by himself I have a 4 year old who doesn’t go to the living room without me …

Cps is not really a good agency since I’ve worked with them before. Just be aware of that.

i feel like so many moms are so picky about how clean their house is solely bc if there’s a few toys and such out, then they’re branded as a “bad mom who doesn’t clean up after their kids or themselves”.

so many parents will deal w a messy house on a daily basis. idk how bad it is with this situation, so i’m not trying to assume. but if it’s just a few things laid out what’s the point? i’m sure every parent here can say they always have a messy house bc their kids like to throw things, dump things out, spill things on purpose (etc etc).

on ANOTHER note: as a mom, i would never let my child “wander” outside ANYWHERE without me. i have such huge anxiety w him even going on a car ride with my fiancé (his dad) lol. i worry so much. so i feel like that is a little weird.

You don’t waste cps time when there’s actually kids out there being abused and neglected… you should talk to him in a respectful manner and if you suspect any abuse or anything like that then. You call

You could, but the reality of it is they won’t actually do anything. (Assuming the children are bathed, clothed, have food, and no signs of physical abuse.) It’ll end up being a hassle and a huge waste of time. What you should do is mention your concerns to them. If you don’t feel like it’s a safe place- Why are you still sending your daughter there? That’s the real question.

I would to be safe. An unsupervised 4 year old child outside is NOT okay.

I was voice my concerns with the parent .

Firstly why would you let ur daughter over in that condition to begin with? They are going to investigate you also. How old is ur daughter? Is she old enough to to bring him in? If he’s in a fenced yard whats the deal? Id honestly talk to your ex first because cps doesn’t do anything but traumatize kids and tear families apart. What if the roles were reversed? Wouldn’t u want ur ex to come to you and tell u his concerns? There is other help out there besides cps honestly! If its a pig sty maybe offer if you can help clean! Maybe they are in a bad spot and not talking to them put alot more problems on everybody’s plate including you because you allow your child to go over there. If it was that bad i would not allow my child to go over to a place like that I would offer my ex to come visit at my house and if there is a custody arrangement I would be going back to mediation over it not cps! Just my opinion.
(Side note I’ve had cps involvement and they did help me BUT some times they do more damage than good) you need to do what u think is best for your child not anyone else’s (that would be my first priority and then see how u can help the others involved) good luck :two_hearts: