Should I call things off with the guy I am dating since he hates dogs?

Drop him. My brother dropped woman he’d been seeing bc of the same issue. Me… I could go the rest of my life without even seeing a dog.LoL kudos to all that love them :heart:

Did you ever ask why he hates dogs? Was he attacked or was a family member attacked by an dog? His hatred may be based on a childhood event or fear. If you haven’t asked why, you should. Then make your decision whether or not his attitude is a deal breaker.

Re-reading your comments, I wonder: haven’t you already made up your mind about your friend? If the answer, as I suspect is yes, why are you asking for help with your decision? Go with your very strong feelings.

1 Like

Yup. My dogs aren’t going anywhere

Umm no one good who hates dogs is worth wasting you time on. Like eww how can you hate something so innocent

Look you said you have fun with him. No harm enjoying yourself.

Never trust anyone who doesn’t like dogs, or who your dog doesn’t like. Learned that at a very young age and has held true my entire life.

1 Like

I mean if there is reason to it then I’d stay and work on it but if he just doesn’t like dogs then bye…

I’m sorry for you. Yes there are people who don’t like dogs. When you see a Child get hurt by a dog you tend to act differently around them… Now I’m not a hater of dogs but our Daughter is married and they have 2 and they are big they have knocked the Children down many times. The dog that hurt my grandchild was my son in laws brother . Our Daughter’s dogs are big had no proper training the minute we come in their house they are all over us. Takes a few minutes to get them off of us. My concern is talk to him find out his problem is with dogs who knows maybe he went thru trama sometime in his life. Talk listen and be honest with your felling. Good luck.

1 Like

Despises!?!
Nah get rid.

3 Likes

If you know it’s not going anywhere and can’t be a good person and be up front. Don’t “continue to have fun with him until you meet someone else.” That’s just wrong…. And that karma/wrong doing will come back to you.

Why waste your precious time on him? There is a difference between despising dogs and simply not being a fan of them. My daughter has recently ended a relationship with a guy she’s been getting to know after the first time seeing him with his dog. What he says is playing, we both noticed and felt like was abusive. Another example is when I met my now husband of nearly 31 years, he wasn’t fond of cats. I had a fluffy, chunky black long haired Persian that I’d had for 17 years. At 3 weeks of dating, I felt it necessary to let him know there were several things that were deal breakers if we were to continue dating and get serious. One thing was that I loved my cat, I’d had him since I was 2 y/o, and if he wasn’t fond of cats that is fine, but I would never tolerate him or anyone ever mistreating my cat, or any animal. After being around my big cat he took to him fast, said it was the only cat he’d ever not been bothered by.

Must love dogs….it’s a whole deal breaker to not be an animal lover.

3 Likes

I don’t like dogs, personal opinion, I don’t particularly like any pets :joy: but my fiancé loves dogs, will we have a pet dog? Absolutely not, does it change my opinion on him or his opinion of me absolutely not :joy:

3 Likes

Have you asked him why he despises dogs? Was it a traumatic experience? Find out why… As people’s opinions on animals can change with improved experiences.

1 Like

Yes drop him …I dropped a dude bc his dog bullied my dog

1 Like

You move on. Not every human out there likes dogs, especially pits. Find somebody that does.

I don’t like dogs. My soon to be ex husband does, so I now have a dog :roll_eyes: but I chose him and him me. I have grown to love him unconditionally.

Some people just don’t like dogs.

If you don’t see a future with him end it don’t drag him along “to have fun with him” that sounds like really bad juju.

I think you already know the answer. Tell him good-bye.

1 Like

NEXT. don’t waste any more time.

If you rescue or foster, gets rid of him. Seriously.
Pitt breeds already get a bad rap. If he does ANYTHING & gets hurt, you could end up in trouble.
If you decide to casually see him, not way should he be near your home. Especially if there are dogs there.

This won’t go anywhere, don’t waste your time with it :grinning::joy:

2 Likes

The first sentence is all you needed to share.

5 Likes

Have you asked why he hates dogs? Maybe he had a bad experience and he’s scared of them. If that’s not the case and he just hates them for no reason isn’t it the same as if you met someone who just hates cats for no reason, would you judge them? So many people don’t like cats but no one judges them for it.

But also, as someone who rescues dogs it would be hard to be with someone who doesn’t want to be around dogs.

4 Likes

I’m a huge Dog Lover and nearly all of my dogs have been rescues. Personally for me I wouldn’t trust someone who doesn’t like dogs :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:. They’re a huge part of my life and if my husband hadn’t liked dogs it would of been a non starter relationship :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Yes. Just reading the starting question, yes. In fact, call the police cuz that Kat is crazy n needs to be committed lol

If you don’t actually own a dog I don’t see the issue. My husband hates cats and up until the last few years we had 4 x

I dont like dogs, if they’re my own. My boyfriend is a huge dog lover… we get along great though.
I dont like dogs (having as a pet) cause I’m too busy keeping the house cleaning and raising my kids… I dont like the extra work the dog gives me (cleaning up toys and just extra responsibilities) my boyfriend loves the dog so he cares for the dog and we try and teach out kids responsibilities. But if I had it my way, the dog would find a new family… but that’s just me.

1 Like

It honestly sounds like you’ve made your decision. If dogs are more important to you than this guy (no judgement, I understand that), then end it.

Hates dogs!? :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:
Just go :fu:and run or cartwheel away :woman_cartwheeling::running_woman:
Hating dogs and/or animals in general is a huge red flag.

7 Likes

Omg I’m sorry I find this funny but, run.

Girl you answered your own question. Your pit babies deserve that love from you not him​:roll_eyes: keep doing your part and raising sweet baby angels :blue_heart::blue_heart:

The puppers will love you more. Dump him.

2 Likes

Why does he hate dogs and can he be rehabilitated?? If its a stupid reason or he wont negotiate then dump him cold turkey

This is a real red flag girl!!!

Absolutely. He is obviously unstable.

If you own dogs or you plan to own dogs then I’d say bye bye to the guy .

2 Likes

Let me guess he’s a “cat guy” …. He is not the guy for you ! :no_good_woman:t2:

Just tell him how you feel. Give him a chance to walk away if he chooses. Thank you for rescuing pits!

I hated HATED dogs when my husband and I got together. It took us rescuing our own dog before I fell in love with them :woman_shrugging:t2: His family had dogs and I hated all of them lol. To this day I hate all dogs except my own and we have 3 now. 2 are the sizes of horses, great Danes, and then we have a Coonhound and he’s the one that started it all :joy: We got together in 2016 and I hated all dogs up until 2020 :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Sooner or later there will be a conflict. Better to find someone who’s interests align with yours.

If you stay you have to deal with it

Someone hating dogs is not a red flag he could have previous trauma from one, have you asked him ? as for staying with him could you live a life without having a dog in your home if you can’t that’s your answer, coz I very much doubt he will come around to loving them

I think you have answered your own question
But you in fact are looking for
Validation

4 Likes

Did he say why? Maybe he was attacked when he was little and its something that can be worked on if the relationship is worth it to you. If he just hates for nothin then nope…get rid of him.

Give him the heave ho

He actually said I hate dogs? That’s troublesome. I mean there’s a difference between not really wanting pets and hating the animal so I mean if he’s just not a fan of having pets dogs in particular then I would continue to hang out maybe. Perhaps he can be rehabilitated I’m not the biggest fan of having animals in my house but I love them.
What is his reasoning? If it’s like traumatic in nature give him a shot that’s a valid reason to not be a fan of dogs but if it’s something completely dumb and you already know it won’t work out anyways I would definitely call off any dating part of your friendship. No reason to risk attachments (on his part) or pregnancy for someone you know ain’t it.

Dude needs to walk. I couldn’t live with an animal hater. Coincidentally, my childhood best friend and I are no longer speaking because she expressed this same hatred of dogs on my wedding day. Doggos come first.

3 Likes

why does he hate dogs? has he had a traumatic expierence or just for no particular reason. for me that would be a huge red flag and i wouldnt continue the relationship

2 Likes

If he does not like dogs Why would he date a dog person? Do yourself and him a favorfind someone who likes dogs.

3 Likes

He’s not the guy for you so to keep dating him is wasting both of your time.

1 Like

I do not hate dogs. But I will not have them in my house and certainly not in my bed. Some people sleeps with their dogs yukkk.

3 Likes

If this is a red flag for you get out of it before you become invested emotionally

Personally that is not even a question :joy::triangular_flag_on_post:unless he had a truly traumatic experience with them but even then

1 Like

So people can’t hate things now with out it being a red flag? Sounds about right in this new world we live in. He should rum away if he knew you were talking about him like this. It’s ok if he does not like dogs.

2 Likes

To despise a dog …is evil in my opinion. Wonder how he feels about children?
Can’t have compassion for an animal …not no good to me. You told him of you resueing dogs &he express he “despise” nope …leave him to his kind .

3 Likes

Dump him! He has an evil soul, obviously

I am animal lover,just adore them,so would be really hard for me to date someone who hates them.

I despise snakes. Everything about them scares me and makes me uncomfortable. I’ve never had a bad experience with one but I can’t even look at photos of them too long. Does that make me evil??

Mmm. Yeah, when I started dating my husband, he hated cats. And lizards. And spiders. And bats. And…
(You get the idea…)
I did, and still do, animal rescue. Do we have too many cats? Yes. But, they’re all fat and happy and hubby loves giving me daily updates about his encounters with them (i.e., we have a 6ish week baby. Solid food. Orange tabby. Fat and happy. But, every time he sees hubby, it’s like a bad cartoon and his little legs spin in circles but can’t take off? lol You can almost hear him say, “f*cking hooman!” - my husband has now named that baby Hooman because of it. We have another small, mmmm…I’d say about 4-5 month. She’s tiny. But, fat and happy. She loves bugs. lol I mean LOVES to eat BUGS. She’s in a quarantine room because of her size, and every time one of us goes in, she expects a bug and a belly rub. In that order. Hubby loves telling me how she rolled over for belly rubs, even without a bug. lol).
It took him time. He’s gotten over his issues with bats (my totem animal) and spiders (another of my totems). He catches and releases and we both got each other bat houses at Xmas. lol Different ones, but we both went there. They’re out and he’s planted a moon garden around them.
We also took in a friend’s husky. Hubby’s BFFF (Best Furry Friend Forever). He hates snakes, (oh man! We went to a weird animal exhibit a few years back and the gentleman with the snakes asked hubby if he wanted to hold - he froze and I sent him to look at sloths. I held them all! I won’t own them at present because of the threat to other animals and the…I guess radar of indigenous snakes? They know and suddenly I’m unwinding them from door frames and the fire department is being called.) but he’s open to my having reptiles again. I’ve finally talked him into letting me pet and hold an alligator!
I have no fear and that, too, has bothered him. Coyotes will come up and sit by me. I’ll walk up to animals in cactus and start pulling it…
I apologize for being so verbose. It just really hit home for me because I was you! He threatened to leave me if I didn’t get rid of my rescues. I told him prior I did it (rescue, had a lot of animals). And, I stood my ground.
My point is, he may just need some time. Can y’all maybe take a date night and go visit a shelter before dinner? Or, better yet, appeal to his sense of charity and compassion and sign up for volunteer work at a shelter or at an adoption event? Hell, just go to a pet store and walk around. Buy a fish. Start small.
I’ve been married three times. My first lasted less than a year, and that was my supposed HS sweetie (we didn’t date in HS - just how it came to be known in our circles), my second was just barely over a year. I should add, my son’s father was prior to my first marriage, and I was with him, off and on, for four years.
I don’t have a great track record.
What I do have is a beautiful 27 year old son and his wife, 3 grandchildren, a house full of animal love and a true marriage - 14 years together and we just celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary.
There’s always hope. It’s not always cut and dry. We all have baggage. Perhaps his is connected to an injury or something that could be worked through. Could also be he was never brought up with animals. IDK.
But, if you really feel something for him, it should behest that you explore why and whether or not it can be resolved.

What you need to ask yourself is could you leave your dogs for a guy who don’t like dogs

1 Like

My cousins fiancé HATED cats and I mean hated them, then he met her cat and he’s turned into a cat dad! Find out why he hates them, he could have been attacked when he was younger or had something happen :roll_eyes: why people just walk away after something so MINOR! Not everyone likes the animals you do. I have tarantulas and inverts and so many of my partners have hated them. What a wet blanket :woman_facepalming:t2: leave him and let him find someone better

Find out why he hates dogs. Hate is such a strong word. I don’t like dogs. I love everyone else’s dog but having a dog isn’t for me. However I have a dog for my kids. Who knows… maybe he will change his mind

1 Like

So you don’t want to date him because he don’t like dogs BUUTTT you want to string him along til you find someone who does like dogs

Stringing him along will cause you more problems my best friend and god son are dead and gone 20 years this year cuz she strung somebody along smh y’all need to stop playing games with people

4 Likes

Let’s put it this way. I HATE spiders, absolutely despise them. I’m not about to date a man who has pet tarantulas. See what I’m saying lol. He couldn’t trust me to take care of them or feed them and I couldn’t trust him cause well, he has goddamn pet tarantulas.

3 Likes

If you are not on the same opinion regarding something you are invested in, why are you dating?

4 Likes

Dating someone is to find out if you’re compatible. Not only does he not like dogs, he would have absolutely no interest in something that you are passionate about and that may become a point of contention. It would be a definite deal breaker for me.

1 Like

If you rescue dogs then I’d be like, nah I’m good. I have 2 dogs and when I was dating if they didn’t really tolerate my dogs that was a no go for me too. They’re like my kids lol. If you didn’t have dogs or rescue then I wouldn’t see an issue but since you do…gotta go! Lol

If you love dogs and he hates them it will definitely become an issue in the future. It will always be a “fight”.

1 Like

The relationship won’t work. Move on hun.

2 Likes

My bf I met 3 yrs ago along with my pit beside me o he made out that he liked felony( my dog) bought him toys the 1st night. Felony even chewed a cord up at his house as a puppy and he didn’t get mad. And let him stay in house and everything, well as time has went on of course Felony is bigger and y’all me and my pup have been thru it, just him and I, he is my baby and I am his human that he worships, he’s spoiled rotten. Anyways, he’s a very good dog, he house trained himself, he doesn’t tear shit up, he minds very well and loves my bf also, right now we live in my house and felony comes in at night to go to bed and sometimes he comes in to take a nap, he actually has a routine lol. Well now all I hear is when we move ain’t no dog gonna be in HIS house, he ain’t having no fenced in yard at HIS house. So I told him hes always stayed inside and bothers nothing so I suppose You will be moving alone to YOUR HOUSE. now mIND you I hear him talk bout him and his x little dog that stayed in and sleep on his pillow with him. Hell no , the fuck! Well I suppose he will live alone. Felony bothers him none and they will play together but the remarks he makes about him and HIS house well he can go alone. I’m willing to bend a little bit I’ve got to get felony use to it. And he’s actually scared of the dark, and comes in at night. Yes I treat him like a human but I can’t help it. So in the near future we will see how this turns out… but ain’t nobody gonna say that shit to me, but like I said I’m willing to bend a little but don’t call my dog names, and say he’s stupid, and he would look great stuffed. Hell naw… So I feel you on this.

Get rid of him at once if nit you are plating games with him and that’s nor cool

1 Like

Enjoy urselfe, just dont let him near the furbies

2 Likes

Yes you can’t change him

1 Like

Why continue since it is going nowhere? There’s something wrong with people who hate dogs! Drop him.

1 Like

If you have a dog, you need to watch your dog when he is around the dog.
I would slowly back off and spend less time with him
It sounds like he had a bad experience with dogs
It would be a dealbreaker for me

2 Likes

New add must read
Must love dogs

2 Likes

End things now before things get serious, it will be harder the longer you wait.

1 Like

Only psychopaths hate dogs

2 Likes

Honestly, I would. Because when you LOVE dogs u need them in your life… And clearly that wouldn’t make him happy… So why force one of u to be truly unhappy? Sometimes things just don’t work between people, and THATS OK! Not everyone is for everyone

Yes leave him,and buy 10 dogs.

1 Like

I got up to "Hates Dogs "

No need to read anything else

The answer is YESSSSSSS

1 Like

If you have dogs or ever want to have dogs, he’s not the right guy for you. Also, beware of anyone as a partner whohates any living creature.

Maybe he was attacked by a dog but either way don’t continue it leading him on if it’s not going anywhere

2 Likes

If you just play with him until a better choice comes along you may trip and fall into some feelings you don’t want to have plus it’s unfair to play games with him. Sounds like rescuing dogs is a passion of yours and should not be denied. Those animals need you. I too have rescued animals and they come before anyone I date. A more compatible man will come along and maybe you two can share that passion of rescuing together. Wouldn’t that be nice?

3 Likes

Not liking dogs is a huuuuuuge red flag! :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

Never trust someone who hates dogs :dog:

1 Like

I would end the relationship. Don’t even bother dragging it on and leading him on while you are looking for someone else.

On another note l, thank you for loving Pitties, I have three rescues myself. God bless

Despises dogs equals not a good person don’t waste your time imo

I’ve heard of the old lonely cat lady but now we have a dog one. If your gonna pick love over dogs then so be it but you could be passing up mr right

1 Like

Maybe it’s religious as Muslim think dogs are dirty they can’t be touched by them . I am a huge dog lover and my dogs can sense dog haters .

1 Like

I wouldn’t continue the relationship.

Hear me out… I have never “loved” dogs… I didn’t grow up around them, as an adult I thought they were a lot of work for no reason… I’d never say I hated dogs, but I just had absolutely no interest in them and wouldn’t ever imagine my life with one… back in January I rescued this guy… he’s everything to me & I can’t imagine my life without him… I doubt this guy hates all dogs… he hasn’t found the right one, and hasn’t opened himself up to that love, yet… it took me years to come around to the idea that my life was missing a pup… he’s probably had a bad experience with 1 or more dogs and has formed this attitude towards them… If he’s nice, and doesn’t treat the dogs horrible… then let it play out, and maybe he will come around… if this turns into something more than just dating, his attitude could change… because you live dogs so much, he could have a change of heart… pic of my rudy because I’m obsessed with him.

2 Likes

Doggos over bro-hoes!

1 Like

This is simple, pick him or a dog, if u pick dog looks like u already know the answer

Just because q person does like animals it doesn’t mean they are a bad person. Maybe he had a bad experience however if it’s an issue let him go don’t lead him on.

3 Likes

I don’t like dogs. My husband loves me.

We all don’t need to love or like the same things.

4 Likes

It makes things very difficult !!!

I would leave I wouldnt want to drag him along knowing that you are going to leave him but that’s me.

If it’s important to you, then I would reconsider this relationship. My dogs bring me so much joy (and annoyance, if I’m being honest, lol) and I can’t imagine potentially having to give them up for a man.

If you like the guy I’d dig a bit deeper and see why he “hates” dogs, if that’s something that you determine won’t change for him then throw the whole man away. Dogs are a gift and we don’t deserve them.

1 Like