Should I call things off with the guy I am dating since he hates dogs?

Best cut them loose early on believe that

2 Likes

Yes, now I say this as a dog lover who married a man that was not an animal person. We did transform him but he had never had pets as a child. If a person has had dogs and still hates them they arent worth getting involved with. I couldnt imagine a life without dogs or having a fear someone hated one and would maybe hurt it. My husband now loves our rescues as much as I do. Rescuing small dogs is all I do so if he didnt start loving dogs at some point I dont think our 30 year marriage would’ve lasted

1 Like

Maybe he had a traumatic experience with dogs? That’s the only reason I could understand someone not liking them otherwise… :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the fact he hates them. Its odd, but it’s his thing. I hate rabbits lol.

Anyways, since it clashes with your lifestyle, then obviously cut it off. Don’t string him along until its convenient for you. He’s still a human. Don’t be nasty and selfish.

3 Likes

My boyfriend didn’t like cats but he hugs & kisses on the one we have now. I never thought I would see this man love on a cat lol

Bye Felicia! Only sociopaths hate dogs.

2 Likes

People who truly dislike animals are not good people and that’s just the truth.

6 Likes

Hold up , how come people can not like kids & it be no big deal but if someone doesn’t like dogs it’s a huge red flag? I got attacked by 3 different dogs , I’d never have a dog in my home if it were up to me & if I go to someone else’s house with a dog I will avoid them. People are allowed to not like animals & it not be a huge thing.

6 Likes

Show him the door. I found that people who dislike dogs are sketchy. And folks who dogs dislike aren’t trustworthy.
Animals are a good judge of character

4 Likes

Good for you! That’s awesome that 1) you recognize the signs & 2) that you rescue :heart:

Personally, because this person does not flow with your lifestyle already, I would end seeing eachother. If there’s no future there, no reason to pretend there might be.
& It doesn’t make either of you a “bad” person, just means you are different & that’s ok.

1 Like

Run!! Don’t string him along. If he don’t like dogs you will not be happy in the end so leave now. I personally think something is wrong because seriously dogs are the best thing that was ever made. In all honesty I love all dogs and only like a few people🤣

2 Likes

I don’t like dogs and my boyfriend had a pit. He didn’t like cats and I had two. Now we’re still together with a baby and 2 dogs and 2 cats. We care for them all but obviously have our favorites. But I didn’t question just dropping him over that. Maybe talk to the dude first?

Just bark about it would ya :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Deal breaker for sure.

1 Like

run as far as you can from him.

3 Likes

I couldn’t be with anyone who “despises” any kind of animals… especially dogs

2 Likes

It would be a deal breaker for me. Plenty of fish that love dogs

1 Like

Rescuing is A whole different situation than having a dog. I’d let him know you aren’t giving up rescue, and that not only will he have to tolerate and learn to love dogs, there is also time you have to spend. That drove my ex crazy. He was OK with most of the Dogs but not having every minute of my time… some will learn to love dogs, some won’t.

2 Likes

End it people who don’t like dogs are hard to change and you won’t be happy.

1 Like

Yes, he doesn’t like them and that’s ok! If it was any other animal you wouldn’t think it was a red flag, so get over that, it’s ok to have different dislikes. But he will never like dogs and it will probably cause issues between you, so don’t get emotionally invested in a relationship that you know won’t work. I hate dogs, i got lucky that i could convince my husband to have other animals and never a dog, but i know most dog people will just annoy their partner and refuse to compromise until the partner chooses to end things because they just can’t take it anymore. Let him find someone who can live without dogs.
My apologies, but I hate dogs
dogs are overrated
Okay, but I HATE dogs, so…
Why are Dog People like this?

Kick him to the curb.

1 Like

I don’t like dogs due to a bad experience with a dog when I was younger…so people can hate dogs…get rid of him if u feel the need to

2 Likes

Because you rescuse…it might be a deal breaker for you, there isnt anything wrong with that.

But why would you keep dating him until you find someone else?

1 Like

I definitely could not be with anyone that didn’t love dogs. Having said that my partner does insist that one of our dogs Bella is not a dog “she is Bella.” (And therefore can do no wrong in her dads eyes) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Sounds like you already know what you are going to do - best wishes :heart:

Did he say why he hates dogs. He could have been attacked by one.

2 Likes

Cut it off, disliking and hating dogs are two different things. Hating dog is a little scary tbh.

2 Likes

Get rid of the whole guy and find a lover :heart_eyes:. You don’t need that negativity in your life!

2 Likes

end it if it’s a deal breaker. it saves you both time and less feelings involved. it’s not personal but he isn’t the right match for you. I wish I would have moved on from people who i hoped to fit a certain piece of my life but didn’t fit.

2 Likes

At first it sounds silly to break up with someone over something like that but it seriously says alot about that person. Who could hate animals? Most likely an insensitive person. Have you spoken to him about it, maybe a compromise? Idk he sounds hateful.

3 Likes

Lmfao. You let someone’s opinions of a species of animal get in the way of love life? It sounds like you have some red flags that you need to take care of.

My man doesn’t like cats. Okay, who cares. We’ve still got a cat regardless. He didn’t like it, but it’s called compromise.

You need to grow up. Just because someone doesn’t like dogs. Jeez.

7 Likes

if you have a dog or dogs or foster them, & he hates dogs, why even ask this question, ??? You already know the answer

5 Likes

Call it off. Your dogs don’t need that. And anyone who can hate a dog has a screw loose.

3 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:a dog is supposed to be a man’s best friend

2 Likes

I am guessing he has had a bad experience with dogs in his past, most likely his childhood that he has not told you yet. I had neighbors who had German Shepards that would chase and try to attack my sister and I when we were younger. (No leash laws in the country) to this day I hate German Shepards because of that. I own a Rottweiler lol. She is a diva/baby.

1 Like

Yes! As you said red flag! Listen to your instincts!

1 Like

I have parrots…it takes a special person. :sweat_smile: hating animals would be a deal breaker for me too

1 Like

well get rid of him , some one who doesn’t like dogs is a waster , i have 3 an one is a rescue an would not change it in any way

1 Like

I would find out why first. Maybe he was attacked by one as a kid and is now traumatized… if that’s the case … it can be worked on…
If hes just an ass who doesn’t like dogs drop him like a hot tamale

1 Like

Anyone who Hates dogs isnt worth the time. Shows what kind of a person they truly are.:poop::skull_and_crossbones:
RUN AWAY NOW!

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::x::no_pedestrians::stop_sign::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: Was I clear enough? Obviously a sociopath and you should RUN in the opposite direction of him.

Most people who dislike dogs, don’t like them because Dogs don’t like them. Dogs have an incredible sense of character. It sounds like he’s been called out by a few dogs for being a creep. LOSE HIM!

2 Likes

I have a fur kid and any man act like he doesn’t like animals is a huge no no

Just because he doesn’t like dogs doesn’t make him a bad person. However, you keeping him around while you find someone who better fits your style makes you an asshole. Don’t play with someone’s feelings.

I mean, I get not liking dogs enough to have one of your own because they are a lot to take care of. But to absolutely despise them? Nope. Get rid of him.

1 Like

I was deathly afraid of dogs before I met my husband due to getting bit when I was a child… so I never wanted anything to do with them. So i guess you could say I used to hate them. He was a dog lover and Didn’t turn me away because I " hated them." Maybe get to know him aside from this… if he really likes you he will come around and maybe eventually join you in your passion. I Eventually began to come out of it slowly… be less scared and now we have dogs… And have had several over the past 10 years. Maybe give it time and get to know him first… bc he may come around and end up liking them.

3 Likes

That is a definite deal breaker!

I 10000% wouldn’t be with someone who doesn’t like dogs. Loving dogs is a part of who I am and it sounds like you too so there is no point in wasting your time.

Yes, leave him. He may mistreat your animal when you aren’t looking. Don’t take that chance! Please

1 Like

dump him do not waste your time on him

1 Like

Some people may have had a bad experience with dogs. I never liked dogs because i got chased walking by a house and my friend almost got hit by a car running away from this dog we had to jump on the roof of a car! I have a teacup yorkie because my kids begged me for a dog but i will only be around small dogs. My aunts dog (pitbull) doesn’t like old people or kids. It lunged at my 2 yr old in her face who was just walking by and tried to bite my 80 yr old grandma! I don’t trust them.

2 Likes

Dump him. Only evil people hate dogs

He might have been attacked by a dog as a kid. That does happen. But since you rescue dogs yourself (I think the key factor is if your partner would have to be around dogs to be with you) but also because this preference clearly makes you really uncomfortable, this guy is probably not right for you and it seems like you already know that.

I read the first line only.

Ggiirrrrlllllll, BYE. :sob::rofl::rofl:

#DogsAreBetterThanPeople

4 Likes

I would leave him alone.

I’m a huge animal lover!! Some people just aren’t animal people! I don’t think it’s fair to just get rid of him completely but I’d friend zone him for sure! Lol.

Obviously dogs are a big part of your life. If the guy doesn’t like dogs that’s an absolute red flag.

1 Like

You can get a story from
People by the way they treat animals. Kick him to the curb.

2 Likes

Drop him, dogs are better.

I was bit very badly by a German Shepard. Now I don’t like dogs because they scare me. My daughter has a dog and I love him but other ones I have nothing to do with them

2 Likes

If you love dogs and he doesn’t then you’re not compatible so I’d break it off now. I wouldn’t say he’s a bad guy and my daughters are afraid of dogs. It doesn’t help the neighbors dogs have gotten loose and their only experience is of them terrorizing the town. One of them even nipped their fingers. I’m a cat person myself and feel the same way now if my man doesn’t like cats. Had a man who didn’t care for them. He’s my ex now. Not that him not liking cats is what made our relationship fail but I have a long list now that a man has to meet and if he even breaks one small thing on it I’m not interested.

Call it off right away.

First of all, if you have to ask…you already know thr answer

1 Like

First sentence question.
Answer: YES LEAVE NOW!! :nail_care:t4:

Don’t even put yourself through it. Move on

Throw the whole boy away.

People that hate animals of any kind are not welcome in my world…Ditch him

That would be enough for me. But I have 4 dogs of my own. And spend 40-45 hours a week with over 100 dogs. So they are a big part of my life.

Also, even the Grinch had a dog. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Yes. That will not work out!!!

My mom had half her face tore off when she was a kid by a golden retriever. I however love dogs and animals. However growing up my mom would always tell me “you’ll get bit, don’t touch that dog” I realized early on that it was normal for people to be hesitant to go near dogs again. I’d see why he doesn’t like dogs. Other people are allowed to not like dogs after getting their faces tore open and crap. I still love dogs, but I acknowledge dogs like any living thing get scared or are raised incorrectly and they will hurt people if not watched. To each their own.

1 Like

This doesn’t even warrant a serious answer

1 Like

If you own dogs or foster them, don’t waste your time on that guy. He’s not for you and your not going to look for the right guy when your “dating” him.

3 Likes

Never trust anyone who hates dogs

2 Likes

Major ick. I’d be out of there

1 Like

Why even think about tell him goodbye you love dogs he doesn’t end of story

I feel like if you know now that you aren’t going anywhere in the relationship with him, then it’s best to just go ahead and break things off with him now instead of wasting his time

3 Likes

If this is a red flag for you, why would you continue to waste your time and his? That isn’t very fair. If the roles were reversed, would you want him to continue to have fun with you until someone else came along?

3 Likes

I’d not speak to him anymore. If you have dogs he might be abusive towards them.

That right there would be a major :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

yep call it off! if he’s a nice guy and all then just explain that it’s obviously going to go nowhere since he doesn’t even like dogs. I’ve never met someone who doesnt! certainly could never date someone who didn’t!

1 Like

Would you like him if he lived with pet snakes?

that would defenitely be a goodbye… if he hates dogs he’s defenitely going to be one of those pits are bad people… thank you for rescuing!!!

You’v answered your own question!

Why waste your time? I wouldn’t date anyone with dogs.

1 Like

People can not like dogs.

4 Likes

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 19385 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://jobsgalexy435.netlify.app/

Red flag get rid of him now

2 Likes

If your a dog lover then yes but dont say who doesnt like dogs. Not everyone likes the same animals. Some people love cats or snakes or birds.

2 Likes

So sorry too read this! Love/like me you must love/like my dog! (Who really thinks he is a person!)

1 Like

You two are obviously incompatible.

2 Likes

Have a conversation with him about it and see where it goes if you haven’t already. Maybe he has a good reason for not liking dogs.

3 Likes

Cut him loose. He doesn’t have to like your dogs.

let him go if he cannot accept your love of dogs.

Don’t date someone whonhates dogs ifnyou love dogs. It’ll never work out

1 Like

I see no positive reason for staying with him.

1 Like

How is this not a red flag girl RUN

2 Likes

I’m a dog lover. I totally understand.
He could have a bad history with a dog… but still if you are always dealing with a dog and then he probably won’t want to be around. It’d be a redflag ro me

I hate any type of domestic animal…dogs, cats, birds ect…I tolerate our dog because of my husband and kids… this post is ridiculous :roll_eyes: … just because some doesn’t like a certain type of animal doesn’t mean it’s a “red flag” situation…

2 Likes

Leave this man alone so he can find the proper girl for himself

1 Like

Certain types of dogs are fucking ugly and straight up annoying :tipping_hand_woman:t3: and Im a dog lover :sweat_smile: just because someone doesn’t like an animal doesn’t mean they are a bad person. I fucking despise cats but put up with them if other people have them