Should I call things off with the guy I am dating since he hates dogs?

I started datin this guy a few weeks ago and we have talked a lot getting to know each other…its just small dates for now and we hang out a little at each others houses but i found out that he DESPISES dogs…and I am a huge dog lover…thsi is a huge red flag to me because WHO CAN HATE DOGS? My question is…should i call things off since i know it obviously cannot go anywhere serious due to his hate of dogs? or do i just continue to have fun with him until i meet someone who loves dogs? and yes this is a very serious question…i rescue pits and they dont need that type of negativity in their life…

413 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/should-i-call-things-off-with-the-guy-i-am-dating-since-he-hates-dogs/18916

You’re an idiot for being that petty

4 Likes

I would just stop now.

If dogs are an important part of your life I would go your separate ways now rather than later

1 Like

Never trust a person who doesn’t love dogs

6 Likes

I wouldn’t waste anymore time seeing him

I don’t like them much either :rofl:… but if it’s going to create issues in the future I would just break it off… or maybe he’ll grow to love them?? Who knows… good luck

2 Likes

Don’t worry. I won’t date a guy who likes cats. I have nothing against them, not even allergic to them. Just don’t like them. Just thr othrr way around, some people just don’t like dogs… so why not compromise and say as long as you both dating you won’t have any dogs? If you fall in love that won’t matter even.

2 Likes

Men despise dogs for all kinds of reasons. But if it shall ever get serious you might have to consider if you’re up to living “dog less” for the rest of your life because he won’t allow dogs in his house.

So just keep an open mind and think it through also don’t decide for him, just bring it up and talk it out

1 Like

Hanni Lecter how is it petty?

2 Likes

Dump him. Something is wrong with his wiring

3 Likes

Would be a deal breaker for me. I like dogs better than people.

5 Likes

Get out now , that’s weird .

5 Likes

I’ve never said this before…ever
Dump him and never look back
He’s a bad apple. A reject. He’s broken lol

4 Likes

As a person that not keen about dogs, I’d say end it. Me personally I would have to stop because its going to be an issue eventually :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

That’s a deal breaker for me. I’d break it off now and not invest anymore time.

My dogs and I say yes. It will never work life without dogs is a life not worth living.

6 Likes

Definitely wouldn’t date a guy who doesn’t like dog’s

4 Likes

End it before he reveals something else dodgy. Who doesn’t like dogs?!

2 Likes

If you own dogs, yes you should consider ending it with him. I have seen way too many dogs surrendered to shelters because their momma moved in with her boyfriend and he didn’t want the dog in her life. That is not fair to the dog. They didn’t ask for you to adopt them only to eventually abandon them. This question is not petty. It makes complete sense to those who have a heart for animals.

4 Likes

If he hates dogs and you rescue them that’s a no brainer…next

7 Likes

I’d leave :joy: dogs before dudes

3 Likes

My dogs and kids always come first. I don’t trust anyone who hates dogs. I’d run

1 Like

Dummmmmp him gurrrrl!!!

Get rid of his psychotic useless ass! YOU CAN DO BETTER!

It’s clearly going to be an issue for you so why not just walk away before someone gets hurt. Tell him you’d love to stay mates but the dog thing is a deal breaker for you. Then go out and find the dog loving man of your dreams.

1 Like

You already know you don’t want a serious relationship with him. If you decide you want a fling or something without strings attached, just make sure he knows that’s all you’re looking for with him.

I would ask why first, maybe he had an extremely terrible experience. But in the end it does seem like a deal breaker

This guy told me he doesn’t like my cats and that was the last time I saw him

2 Likes

You already know your answer.

2 Likes

I’m a cat person. My husband hates cats. We have 2. He pets cuddles and feeds them but the cat box is a nope for him. Which is fine.

Depends on what he means by “hates dogs” if it’s just the poop or barking or whatever then it could be negotiable. But if his hate is a complete blanket issue, dump him.

Call things off. I’ve seen enough Reddit stories about the person that didn’t like the pet, killing the pet. Run

4 Likes

Don’t waste anymore time.

3 Likes

These boots are made for walking :boot::boot::boot::boot:

3 Likes

Immediately. I don’t know why that’s even a question.

3 Likes

Kick him to the curb and cuddle with your puppy , they’re very loyal … how can anyone hate a dog ? Wow !!

2 Likes

It’s not a red flag but yes you should find someone else if you’re questioning because of it. Though he obviously comes to your house, is he OK with the dogs?

1 Like

No, because you’ll be completely incompatible.

1 Like

Call it off. Not everyone loves animals and some have good reasons not to… I don’t hate dogs but I am scared of them. I was once bitten by a dog and I had to get injections, so when I go to people homes who have dogs I stay in 1 place for a long time or follow the owner around before I break the ice with the dogs. And Sometimes I just leave, because my anxiety kicks. I get why he might hate them.

3 Likes

It would be a big red flag for me too. Don’t waste anymore time with him.

2 Likes

Runnnnnn. Those pitties need their rescue momma :relaxed:

I hate cats, I think they’re gross… you choosing to be with someone based on their like of a specific animal is insane… we all like & dislike things… maybe he had a traumatic experience with a dog… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I say yes get rid of him stat. Pitties and any dog are life! Haha

2 Likes

Call it off now! Your incompatible in a huge way!

2 Likes

My husband hated dogs…. I mean, like he tolerated others’ dogs but never wanted one of his own…. When he was last deployed, I got a dog. When he came home—he adored her. Would pick her up and hug her and love on her (she’s an American bully). Within 3 months of him being home—we got a second one. And the second one (male American bully) is his buddy. That’s HIS baby. I receive a couple selfies a month of him and our dogs lol.

From a hater to a lover.

5 Likes

Just end it before it goes further. His issues might be because of some trauma but they are his issues. You can’t give up something like that to appease someone else. You love it and it brings you joy! My husband isn’t as big of an animal lover as I am but he doesn’t complain about the dogs, cats, hundreds of chickens, pigs, geese, donkeys, goats or horses. I don’t complain about all his stuff. It’s very difficult for animal people to be with someone that doesn’t share that same passion. Don’t feel bad because nothing is wrong with either of you. You’re just not completely compatible. Chalk it up to lesson learned.

4 Likes

Find someone new , no dogs not good people

Call it off! I love dogs :dog2: 2

If u know it’s not going anywhere because of this, break it off. Don’t string him along.

I understand that some people don’t like dogs, thats fine. But to DESPISE every individual of a species of animal is really really weird. He would probably hurt your dogs on purpose. Theres no future with him for you.

1 Like

What kind of person don’t like dogs? Weird

1 Like

Don’t waste his time. Be honest. If you know it has no potential then call it off.

I get this.
When i was on dating sites i wouldnt even swipe for a guy with a dog in their profile pic. Not because i dont like dogs but because i wanted a serious relationship and to b realistic i could never live with anyone with a dog because my 4 cats would absolutely dissown me lol. Maybe try asking him y he doesn’t like them? I have also been pretty badly attacked 3 times in my life im a bit weary around them but for some ppl they could b completely put off by them.

2 Likes

Call it off now why keep him in your life if he doesn’t like dogs and you rescue dogs
Let him go

1 Like

If you’re a dog lover and he despises dogs then there’s a chance he may treat your dog like :poop: because of it. So yeah better off maybe finding someone who won’t possibly hurt your dog. I’ve been with blokes who didn’t like cats and they treated them terribly so yeah :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Deal fucking breaker. It’s one thing to not like cats, I get that one, but dogs?! Idk man, how can you not like dogs? Throw the whole man away at that point.

Your last sentence answered your question.

If you know it’s not going to go anywhere. For WHATEVER reason why string him along? That’s waisting both of your time.

1 Like

Ditch him. Your last sentence tells all! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

One thing that I have learned about people . If they hate animals… they are really cold hearted. They are self centered and selfish They always put their own feelings above everyone else…and they really dont care about anyone feelings, other than their own.

5 Likes

YES. People who don’t like animals have issues

3 Likes

Yes . Never trust anyone who doesn’t like dogs

3 Likes

yep cut him lose hunny, and better question do the dogs like him i always trust animals over humans

1 Like

Don’t waste your time, find someone who cares for you and your dogs

Don’t waste time- his or yours.

Sorry but it’s a deal breaker

Drive to your local Animal Control Shelter and surrender him. (The boyfriend- not the dog.) I would’ve never let the relationship get this far.:person_shrugging:

4 Likes

I do think not liking animals is a red flag - however there a reason he doesn’t like dogs? For example been bitten by one? Even so, I would say end it if you rescue pits then it’s obvious that dogs are huge in your life and that if he despises them then that’s a pretty big clash

He’s Mr Right now and not Mr. Right

Yeah it’s a no go for me ! I have two beautiful dogs that are family to me xx

Why don’t you be honest with him and ask him what he would like to do too. Maybe he will want to ride it out with you until he meets someone too. You never know until you put it out there… thank you for rescuing dogs!! That is a beautiful thing to do!!

2 Likes

It’s definitely a deal breaker . The only time a dog ever broke my heart is when they crossed the rainbow bridge .

Show him the (doggy) door.

I literally have only read the top line. Yes get rid !!! Dogs over guys ! :rofl:

If you fool around a bit you better do it right and be straight up with him. You can’t call him negative and not be straight with him y’know?

The fact that you rescue dogs tells me that you need to move on. Is this really a question?!?! Bye to him! I would never give up my dogs or the love for them for a guy.

1 Like

If you a dog or own one yes it’s a red flag!

Don’t waste your time

1 Like

YES.

It’s like having kids and dating someone that doesn’t like kids.

3 Likes

Bye boy… dogs are you bag… he can’t dig it… :v:

Anyone who despises inoccent animals is a huge redflag! Ditch em! You will thank yourself later on. :smiley:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it quits just yet. See how he acts around your dogs. Maybe your pups will change his mind and he will grow to love them.

1 Like

Monica Margo Mansell but seriously tho anyone who despises animals will not be my friend. Period.

1 Like

Personally I have to use my better judgement in the situations. If you know it’s not going to go anywhere, and your strong enough within yourself , to not let it go beyond what it should , knowing it’s not going to work. Then be upfront, sorry but this is not going to lead into anything long term or more than some casual fun , if you happy with that cool, if not I am out . Also have to keep it casual. Many are not able to do casual relationships, most of the time people let feelings get involved, forget the red flags and waste too many years befor they realise again.

Tf :rofl::rofl: I love cats and I don’t dump people because they don’t like them. HAHA oh well. You do you.

4 Likes

Call it off !!! Probably a psycho

1 Like

It’s not a red flag to hate a kind of animal you love imo, it just makes him incompatible with your life, so that’s why you should probably stop dating, or at least tell him not to expect anything serious.

Dog people need to get over this whole weird thing where they think that just because they love dogs, anybody who doesn’t love them must be a psychopath.

20 Likes

Did you ask him why he hates dogs,maybe he was bitten as a child ??

2 Likes

Dogs are in my life first he can leave

I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like dogs. Dump him

5 Likes

Does he not like dogs or is he scared around dogs there’s a difference I was bitten when I was young and am still nervous around dogs I don’t know .

4 Likes

No good person hates dogs…hes gotta go!

3 Likes

I mean my husband loves animals and I DO NOT🤷🏽‍♀️
It isn’t a “red flag” :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
However, if that’s an important part of your life then the two of you may not be compatible.
It wasn’t an issue in my relationship because animals weren’t a huge part of my husband’s life even though he loves them. Fifteen years later and we got a dog, said dog is my baby.:rofl::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

He would have to go cuz my furbabies are my family​:purple_heart::sparkling_heart::green_heart:

Lol I like other peoples dogs just don’t want a dog myself. It’s definitely something y’all should be on the same page

For me that would be a deal breaker! Especially if you rescue,and that is something you are passionate about. I would just give him the boot now.:rofl:

Huge huge huge red flag. Who doesn’t like dogs? Seriously.

1 Like

Just leave him it’s okay not to be a dog person but to hate them like that his probably pysco

1 Like

Dogs over dudes

:wave:t4:

2 Likes