Should I get a DNA test for my baby?

Hi, so I and ex have broken up, and we have a six-month-old together he’s saying unless I have DNA test we won’t be seeing him as he as doubts that he is his. Over two years ago I did delete messages from another guy who is just a friend but now this guy messages again (whilst baby is in hospital, he was only asking how I was doing) my ex sees it and is now demanding I do a DNA test, I have refused as it’s over 100 and I hadn’t that sort of money but cause of the deleting messages two years ago and him popping up now he says that it may be his baby, other stuff has happened and its been on-off relationship the whole three years. Sometimes very toxic and police called no trust on either side really Should I do the test or not??

22 Likes

Just do it so you can shove it in his dumb face

6 Likes

If you want him involved take him to court, they’ll do the DNA set up child support, and custody. If not leave it alone.

9 Likes

Get the test, hit him with CS.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a chance to dodge a bullet here.
Let him walk. Honestly. It’s easier to have him uninvolved then trying to force participation out of him.

6 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t test. Just do your best, raise that baby and cross that bridge when and if it comes. Sounds like a DNA would lead to more BS and court matters. If you WANT him around then do it, but otherwise it doesn’t sound like he wants to be a dad.

2 Likes

Dodge the bullet. Forget his ass🤷

2 Likes

Apply.for child.support they do it for free

10 Likes

You can buy cheaper dna tests at CVS

He has every right to ask for a DNA test. Especially since you two were on and off.

9 Likes

Do the DNA test. Get it over with.

1 Like

Your child deserves the support from both parents. File for child support against him, the state will do the test

3 Likes

He wants a dna he pays simple as that

I would have the DNA test to get child support and move on. Sounds like he is a manipulating B-----d that is an insecure control freak. Dump him, but get the DNA test first.

File for child support. They will pay for the dna and when its shown he is the father he will be ordered to pay child support. Who needs a guy who doesnt believe its his anyhow!

Yes get a DNA test and go for child support.

Just take it so he’ll shut up if you’re so sure its his then who cares

2 Likes

He doesn’t want to be in that babies life. Why get a test and go through hell for the same outcome. Did he sign the birth certificate? Tell him to sign his rights away if that’s how he feels. You get that test you think he’s gonna be satisfied and stop? No. It usually only gets worse.

3 Likes

Do the test and tell him he needs to pay for it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I just let the court system handle it. Didn’t have to lift a finger other than to show up for the DNA test. Now he’s mad and on child support & he did it to himself

3 Likes

In La the state will force him to do a test and if he is the father he has to pay them back for the cost of the test

3 Likes

Do to the courts they will make him pay if the baby is his

1 Like

Don’t. If hes gonna be like that he isnt worth it. It’s his loss anyway.

2 Likes

Make him pay for it if he wants it. Or go through child support court, they’ll do a test, then establish a visitation agreement as well

1 Like

File for child support and the state will do the DNA testing…

Get him to sign over his parental rights and let him go. Doesn’t sound worthy of the child… however if you are 100% sure the child is his, borrow the cash from someone and hit him up for child support. (Like someone else posted, it may be free if the do it through the courts lol) but then be prepared to deal with him and his bs forever…

2 Likes

Do it then get rid of him ,he can pay child support

Nope. If he wants the test then he pays for it for not trusting you. Plus, if he’s toxic like you say then take the kid and move out.

2 Likes

Yes. Just for a peace of mind.

1 Like

The CHILD has the right to know who his father is. You many not think this is important but it is. It is about this child and his identity. You are not together with the father but that child has a right to see him and know him. Do your part and what is right by having the test done. Don’t be concerned about anything emotional or personal regarding the ex. He only has to be concerned that child. He has the right to know since you have been on and off with another man also. It’s pretty foul to deny that truth.

9 Likes

File for child support the court will test him and if I were you I would move on

1 Like

Is he on the birth certificate? If so then check your state and see if you still need a dna test to get the ball rolling. Some states will do paternity for you free of charge once you file for child support.

Let him walk. If he wants a DNA test he can pay at the very least half. Sounds like he wants a reason to be out. Dont try to force someone to be around that is fishing for reasons to leave. He can do the test just as easily as you can.

1 Like

Just file for child support they will make him do a DNA test at his expense

2 Likes

Go get child support… If he argues it or isn’t on the birth certificate they will do a DNA test.

If you have doubts then do it for your fucking sanity. It’s sickening to see all these women worried about child support and court cases :roll_eyes: fuck.

Child support will make him do it and if he doesn’t do it within a certain time he’s automatically the father and has to pay child support

his trying find way out off paying and seeing bubs

He wants a DNA test? He pays for it. But be prepared to face the consequences of finding out someone else might be the father.

2 Likes

File for custody and child support. Hell have to pay for it himself

Do the test then nail him to the wall

Go through the courts :+1::+1:and run don’t look back !

Take the test. Whoever is wrong pays for it. Problem solved.

4 Likes

Go through the courts to get the test, as long as the baby is his he’ll be the one footing the bill

2 Likes

If the man had been deleting text, y’all would have been all over his ass, saying he is cheating. But she does it and it is his fault he doesn’t trust her. Go get the DNA test, if the baby is truly his, you have no reason to not get it!

If he signed birth certificate he doesn’t have to provide DNA for child support

1 Like

Do the test. The child deserves to know.

1 Like

File for child support and let the state pay and at the same time file for a no contact order. Then he will have to pay for his child and also wont be legally allowed contact with child

2 Likes

Childsupport office will always demand one if you were not married… And an at home DNA test does not hold up in court…

1 Like

So if he’s you ex & he’s refusing to see the kid he probably isn’t helping financially so you need to go through the courts for child support. With that the courts will do a DNA to determine paternity. And he’ll have to pay for it when all is said and done.

1 Like

My ex used to constantly say that I was sleeping around even with he’s own brothers :woman_shrugging:t3: I told him if he wants DNA proof then he’s to pay for it as I know 100% my son is he’s child and everyone knows that as well as my son looks a lot like he’s Dad (even as a baby). My son is now 2 years old, he’s Dad (my ex) is on he’s birth certificate and he hasn’t said anything else on the subject. I would ignore him and tell him if he wants a DNA test that he’s to pay for it.

1 Like

Yes go thru dhs an he will have to pay for it. no charge to you at all then they will put him on child support wether you want it or not.

Just get the test done and prove him wrong

2 Likes

DO NOT TEST FOR HIS SATISFACTION BUT TO GET CHILD SUPPORT!!! It’s toxic move on let him GOO!! If he does or does NOT want to see his son, that’s on him​:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::v:t3::v:t3: there’s NOTHING good you’re going to do for your son with a TOXIC relationship but to make him(son) think that’s normal to act like that to see that and he’ll be like that​:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: nope nope BREAK IT END IT CALL IT QUITS!!!

3 Likes

Going off ONLY what this lady says I can tell there is more to the story. Reading some of these immature comments (very common) that encourage abuse by keeping the father away makes me sick. I will say this. Every choice we make as parents will come back to us. We can do what ever the hell we want and be as selfish as we want. We have to love our children more than our own plans. It goes much deeper than many women are willing to comprehend. It’s a love that doesn’t contain anger, resentment or revenge. Being a mother is so much more than what we think we know. Too many opinions of women that don’t know how to properly love and protect their children. Too focused on revenge and money. Too focused on being right and having control. Not much is mentioned about the child. Some of these women won’t learn how important a child’s heart is until they are grown and tell their mothers that they did wrong. Children always find their own truth. After all they have only one mother and one father. Nothing will ever change that. Another thing. Why the hell does NO WOMAN tell this chic to take some damn responsibility for her role in this mess?? We want to act out and screw these men but “nail him to the wall” get him for child support"?? At what point do we look at ourselves as women and start taking some responsibility for sleeping with them??? Who the hell is holding this lady accountable?? No one. Thank you.

4 Likes

Wow :woman_facepalming: of course you do the test!!! That baby deserves a daddy and I don’t blame the guy for wanting to be sure, nothing against you at all! But many MANY women do lie about paternity.

1 Like

File for child support, the court will do the dna testing on him at no cost to you, and you get him to support and visit his child at the same time.

4 Likes

Just do the test. My oldest father was the same way, and I had nothing to hide, so I did the test and then chuckled when I gave him the letter, go through DHS!!! They will also help you get child support started!!

Do the test, get him on the books and get support and dump him

Have a agreement with him. Ull do the test but whoever is wrong is out the money. Say u buy it. N comes back its his kid than he can pay u back. Or he buys it n turns out not to be his kid than u pay him back. U wont lose out on any money as long as u are sure its his

She didn’t deny sleeping with other guy, so she needs to do the test, if did sleep with both of them, then she deserves what she gets. Quit sleeping around! You want have that problem!

Let him pay for it if he’s the one that wants the test … especially if your :100: the baby is his​:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Take a moment and decide if you REALLY want him in both of your lives. I had my ex sign away his rights in exchange for never paying child support. (Knew I was going to have a hard time getting any money from him anyway). I dont have to deal with him or his toxic family. Met a really wonderful man years later who CHOSE to be his father (even adopted him).

1 Like

Dnt file for custody unless you want to share the child cause thats what will happen if you can’t prove that he is unfitt an it takes a lot to provide that. I wouldnt file unless he takes you to court about it. If he didn’t sign the birth certificate he can’t just take the child either.

Do the DNA test. Why wouldn’t you?

2 Likes

You should count your blessings. If he 8s physically and mentally abusive,move on. Men are extremel
accomadating creatures. There is a good man out their for you!

1 Like

If you felt guilty enough to delete messages between someone that’s just a friend then it’s totally normal for your ex to doubt your word. You lost his trust and respect and he’s asking you to put your money where your mouth is. I

7 Likes

Get the test and stop using the kid as a pawn. Smh

5 Likes

Do the test prove him wrong :

If you have nothing to hide then do it, if he wants the test tell him to pay

3 Likes

Just have the courts order a DNA test. That way he can know the child is his and you can both move forward

1 Like

If he wants it done then he should pay for it.

1 Like

Just do the test to prove to him and to have your proof

If you know it’s his fk him tell him if he wants the test to pay for it …make him pay he wants to be na ass and miss out on his babies time now

Do it but no more relationship between you two he sounds toxic

Then when it comes back his file for as much child support you can.

2 Likes

He can pay or get child support involved and they might pay.

I wouldn’t do shit I would just leave it as what it is and let him walk away, parenting plans and co-parenting fucking sucks 🤷

If you’re not worried, why wouldn’t you just pay the 100 to make the problem go away? He’s gota be there too for the test, tell him to pay the rest, you guys children or what?

Tell him to pay for it

File for child support, dna will be done off the rip. He will know its his and be financially responsible for his child. 🤷

All he wants is proof so give him proof. If you have nothing to hide then why not?

1 Like

Do dna and get child support

If he wants the test then do it but tell him to pay for it .

The court will order it if won’t agree and says you’re lying

:joy: games he be playing
Let him go if he doesn’t want to see the kid, his lost if you don’t need his child support even better. Just keep a journal of the times he does see the kid

If your relationship is toxic you should break up/move out AND get a test done so he cant deny that child any longer and you get a child support/visitation agreement in place and move on with your life

1 Like

The worse thing that you can do is fed fuel to that fire. Stop all contact with him go to court get custody he sounds like the type who has you under control of course you’re going to go pay for a dna test to prove him wrong and then u are handing over you’re child he wants proof he will pay for it he wants to be in his child’s life he will be

1 Like

You should, and he should pay for it…

Let him pay 4 the test! I cant imadgine how hurt u must be if ur being honest but its very hard to be in his possition 2 if he is having doubts reassure him but a small fact of human nature is when a baby is born they automatically resemble their dad :slightly_smiling_face: its called their bonding and their maternal connection its really a beautiful thing it just inludes them! The sad part about all this is that mothers do leave other men rear kids that arent theirs without them knowing and that can destroy a human but for your baby do the dna and if he wants to be a dad let him if he dosent let him off either way you will have cleared ur name and giving him the option and ur son will be a grown up some day and see :heart:

Get it and make him pay for it.

“I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that bitch” say this to him after when it comes out to be his lol

Do through courts that way it’s all done amd everything will be taken care of.

1 Like

Go to child support and u will get it done free

1 Like

He can for the bill if there’s no doubt in your mind but I have a son and would want test done if it was him…

1 Like

I would do one…make up presents are the best

Go get a court order for child support and he will then get his DNA test on his dime.

4 Likes

if you have got nothing to hide then just get the dna done and prove to him that hes the father then take him for child support

I would do the test because if he is the father and you have proof you can take him for custody and child support

In Alabama u can go to dhr and have a dna done on the child and if he is the father he has to pay the cost of it, if he isnt then u pay the cost.

1 Like