Should I get a DNA test for my baby?

If he wants a DNA test I think that should be his right but he should pay for it and immediately since hes the one with the doubts. Where were the demands for DNA when the baby was born? Sounds like a cop out to me n he doesn’t want the responsibility. Seen it happen too many times but this woman should not have to pay for it when she is financially supporting the kid.

1 Like

If theres nothing to hide then get the test.
Also you should be done with the relationship, or he should be done with you or both of you should mutually be done.

Tell him you have no problems doing a DNA test but he needs to pay for it since he’s so worried about it :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

This is the kind of thing I don’t understand. While with the relationship with him, you stepped out on him. Then two years later the same guy pops up and sending you texts that you delete… but somehow he turns out to be the bad guy because he wants a DNA. I see why you have trust issues. You could help solve those trust issues… get a DNA and prove it to him…

6 Likes

File for support. He will deny it claiming the child isn’t his, then the state will do a dna test.

7 Likes

Sounds like a very complicated relationship prior to the child. I would say if he wants nothing to do with the child then leave with the child and DON’T look back Save your self and your child the heartache that would come with a on again off again. Relationship

1 Like

Yes, you get a damn test. Go to court. If you can both show you lack the income sometimes there’s programs to waive the cost.

Your baby deserves to know who it’s father is. I keep reading comments against the father…we only get what you wrote not the whole story. I keep reading how a lot of people keep saying get rid of him. In my eyes that’s wrong. Do the DNA test if baby is his set up parenting time and child support and grow up and take care of the child. The ONLY way I see not to allow a father in a child’s life is if he is self destructive and on drugs or a pedophile. It’s not fair for the baby not to have both parents only cause the mom wants to choose. Another thing is if the DNA test comes back not his go and find out who the father is and give that man a chance along as he is willing to be a father. Another thing if the man that has been daddy since baby was born comes out not to be the father but still wants to be around the baby since he has been there…let him…more people to love the baby. This isn’t that hard you just have to be mature about it.

5 Likes

I would do the DNA test, but I don’t think it’s right of him to demand the test for his own knowledge and expect you to pay for it.

2 Likes

If you want to establish paternity. If he’s so hung up on it though, ask him to pay for it or at least half.

3 Likes

Go through child support office and u wont have to pay for it

2 Likes

He wants the test done. He can pay. It’s that simple.

4 Likes

DNA test at walmart are 99$, you just follow the instructions and send them in. Not to bad.

1 Like

Just do the test but y’all two are toxic for one another so if DNA is a match I suggest co parenting classes.

2 Likes

Looks like you should not have been sneaky. I’d want a test too, just saying.

1 Like

Get it done now, regardless of his reasoning of not believing you, you still have to establish paternity either way, whether for custody, child support and even insurance purposes. There are services in the court house that help you with the expense or comprise with him and go half on it

1 Like

How would this ex no anything about your son being in the hospital if you weren’t talking …
Something is missin

1 Like

Ur bashing him for not wanting to support something he questions yet you refuse? Why refuse if you 100% know he is the father. If its 100% then just do it to smear it in his face…or was there more to the deleted msgs/friendship since u refuse.

3 Likes

Yes if you have nothing to hide do the damn test!

File child support. They automatically give a dna test.

2 Likes

No I would leave it alone if he wants to be Petty let him

1 Like

Tell him he needs to pay for it if he wants one.

2 Likes

Go file for sole custody and child support, if he wants proof he can ask courts for it, if the do test he can pay for test and pay child support then just get visitation, but go for sole custody of your son that way he won’t try to take off with him when he does find out it’s his!!

2 Likes

I mean, I’d probably want a DNA test too honestly. Sounds like you’ve been shady

2 Likes

If he is so eager to have it done…he should pay for it himself. Do it. If there is no doubt in your mind, then he will just look stupid.
If I go for custody, youbwill have to prove hes the bio father, since he says he may not be. So just get it done.

2 Likes

In my state the state pays for the dna test when you file for child support!

1 Like

If he wants a dna test he can pay for it . However , it does sound like you tried to hide a friendship or whatever so he can ask for it imo

Yes but make.him pay

Do the test prove your point then he is on the hook for the next 18 years

Yes do it and he can pay for it or the government will if you don’t know who the dad is. They want someone to pay

If he wants the test he pays for it.

2 Likes

Get a court order for child support and they will do the DNA test.

4 Likes

Make him pay for the dna. If its nit his reimburse him and move on.

1 Like

No!! If you do the test he will have legal rights which sounds like its going to be an awful mess since it is toxic.

1 Like

I’d leave him. Let him contest the paternity in court. Then you personally don’t have to pay it.

Let him pay for a DNA test but still don’t get back with him.

Go through child support

2 Likes

If you know 100% the child is his then make him pay for it (take it to court if you have to) BUT if you are not 100% without the slightest doubt that the smallest chance it may be not his child then you should pay for it

1 Like

If he wants one he can pay for it.

1 Like

Yes…it will solve a lot of chaos…no matter it will always be your baby

Put him on child support. If a baby is born out of wedlock they do one to establish paternity.

2 Likes

Just do the test, what do you have to worry about!

Just get it done because u will need it in order to get support from him for the baby

1 Like

He can pay for the test. Depending where you are, he can get court ordered test and if the child is his he has to reimburse you the total cost. Do not get back with this man

If he wants it he can pay for it not you.

Do you really want him around? Do you want him to influence your child?

If he wants the DNA test let him pay for it…

2 Likes

So there isn’t any question about I would have it done not only for the point of proving him wrong but for the sake of your child as well knowing 100% who his/her father is and in proving he is the father you can file for child support from him as well. It’s the fairest thing to do for your child.

Make him pay he wants it

Take him to court. In my region, they’ll make him pay for it. If it comes back as not his you will have to reimburse him but if it is his then custody and child support cases can start

2 Likes

I say Fuck him. That’s what my daughters dad pulled on me and so I blocked him and am raising her alone. I dont want his money I can do this alone no matter how hard it is.

If u have a Walgreens by u I seen them pretty cheap I just looked online I seen one for 27.99 I believe u can get them from Amazon to. I would do one just to make him look really stupid for doubting that baby and then slap him with child support.

filing for child support, they do a DNA test to establish paternity

1 Like

If man can walk away from a child that he has helped raise for 6 months on the off chance the child isn’t he then you may be lucky to get rid of him

5 Likes

If you file for child support he will likely request a paternity test.
Do you want child support?
This is your decision.

1 Like

Go for child support and they’ll DNA test

3 Likes

Tell him the kids not his and be fine with him

3 Likes

Contact child support enforcement. Let them know he owes u child support and refuses to pay. When he says he is not the father they will do the test and show him he is.

4 Likes

He’s saying this to get out of child support. If you want it from him & believe he’ll be a dad to your son after a test proves he is then apply for child support. The court will take care of the paternity test. He may have to pay for it himself. If you don’t think he’ll stick around either way then forget it. Don’t let his accusations bother you. You know the truth.

2 Likes

Yes, because at the end of the day, when/if you break up, you need to ensure he is the father, for child support!

2 Likes

First off deleting texts when it’s “just a friend” is ridiculous and asking for trust issues , with that being said… if he wants it that bad tell him to pay for the test :woman_shrugging:t2:… if he doesn’t want to be the best momma you can be on your own

4 Likes

Honestly, do the test if you feel like it’s necessary, but when people say babies change things, they really really do. I held on to a relationship for way longer than I should have thinking I didnt want to split up the family and that we would find a way to work things out. I ended up getting so sick in the head I could barely take care of myself. I know hormones are fluctuating after you have a baby, but I stayed until my child was 8mo and things never got better. I’ve been in such a better place mentally and emotionally ever since I decided to remove myself from the situation. Sometimes you have to take a step back and reevaluate what’s best for you. I would do it just to prove a point and to give him some peace of mind. Sometimes I think about how scary it must be to be a guy. Someone could lie and say a child is yours when it’s not and that’s awful to me

The details of what has been going on doesn’t really matter I’m of the opinion that if the guy wants a DNA test to make sure that the baby is his he is in his right to ask for one and pay for one. We as women know that our children are ours because we carry them for 9 months but to be honest with you guys don’t have 100% way of knowing that a babies are theirs other than our word some women don’t have honesty behind them when it comes to paternity of their children.

Your ex wants an DNA, have him help pay for it.

1 Like

Do the dna test through the friend of the court or family court. If he is the father they will require him to pay for it.

He just wants out
Has used this excuse
And hes on birth certificate hes the father
U dont have to force him to see child but u can force child support DA office
If he wants DNA he can file that himself
It cost a lot

Yes you should. Your ex has the right to know if the child is his or not if he’s suss and thinks another bloke is the father

Up to you do you want him in the kids life? If he’s so toxic maybe the kid would be better off without him? If he wants a dna test he should pay for it

3 Likes

I would expect HIM to pay for it. Period. End of conversation.

6 Likes

He can do the test if he wants it. You should not have to make the effort if he wants to be in his sons life. If it means so much to him have him pay to have it done. If not, sounds like your better off without him if he is that toxic.

2 Likes

If he wants the test he pays for it and go get full custody of your child

I would be upset, but ultimately the DNA test will tell him what he wants to know. Like others have said, put him on child support and he can pay for that too.

2 Likes

I would do it to shut him up and let him do what he needs to do

If he signed an ROP the county wont do one and you will have to pay for it but if you didnt thenhavehim do one to get child support or have him pay for it

Sure do it and he pays. Or borrow the funds just so you can get child support from this guy. Add the amount of DNA test to support. I would want to clear it up myself.

Are yall married? Did he sign the birth certificate?
I would go to your local child support office and sign up for child support theyll go from there

Honestly… Just do the test so you can rub it in his face. The more you refuse to get it done the more he’ll believe the baby isn’t his. Over-protesting is what liars do.

1 Like

Unless you want him 100% out of the picture. Then, don’t do the test and don’t put him on the birth certificate.

You planted the seed of mistrust. You either water it and make it grow or you rip it out at the roots. My opinion. If you ain’t got nothing to hide go the the family support and they will DNA test him 🤷

Fuck. No. You do not do the DNA test. You fucking leave him. Now.

Tell him if he wants one he pays for it … or if you apply for state Aide the state will make him do it so he can pay child support

Do the test, leave him and go after him for child support.

Child support office will make him take one if he is disputing.

1 Like

My daughter father was the same he isn’t on birth certificate which it doesn’t matter but dna confirmed that it’s his and i found out that it had been his mother that was against me so i just gave in had it done he doesn’t even see her she’s now 16

File for child support. When he demands the dna, if the child is he, he has to pay for the test. If it’s not his baby, you pay. He wants it though he should pay it.

Yes and regardless of the results, leave this toxic relationship and KNOW that you are STRONGER THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE. :kissing_heart:

If you’re a 100% sure it’s his make him pay for it as he is the one in doubt :thinking:

Can someone please start editing the Run-on sentences so we can easily figure out what’s being said?

My response based on what I think I read is:

If he wants a DNA test, he can pay for it. If he’s your ex, go do what you need o do to get visitation and child support arranged through the courts. Stop arguing with him. It only damages your baby’s well-being and it’s completely pointless.

Your relationship was clearly toxic, try to get counselling of some sort so you don’t go and find another just like the one you left. There is a reason you ended up with him and the best thing you can do for you and your child is fix yourself.

1 Like

If the question is ever ‘should I get a DNA test?’ probably should just go ahead and get it.

That way you have the result no matter what the situation is.

It’s up to you, but even if he wasn’t biologically your child’s father, he is still the only father your kid has ever known. If he needs a dna test to be a dad then he doesn’t deserve to be a father and doesn’t love your child the way he should.

1 Like

I would just walk away it’s just going to cause you stress, money out of pocket, and 18 yrs of misery. I’m counting tbe days until my daughter is 18 to break free of the drama/court. :sleepy:

He wants the test make him pay for it.

I want to thank Dr goko a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my wife back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my wife, to the extend that she left the house, and she started dating another man and he stayed with the man, i tried all i can to bring her back, but all my effort was useless until till the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my wife, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr goko and told him every think and he told me not to worry my self again that my wife will come back to me after he has cast a spell on her,i thought it was a joke, after she had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within that 24 hours, my wife really came back begging me to forgive her,if you need his help you can contact him with his email address[Dr.gokospellhome12@gmail. com)

1 Like

Tell him to go 50/50 on the test or you’ll get it done free by the state when you go put him on a child support case

3 Likes

Do it. You said there isn’t trust on both sides so shut him up with proof.

7 Likes

Go thru social service if the baby is his he’ll have too pay for it.

6 Likes

You will be required to get one if you sue him for child support so get one and sue him for child support

6 Likes

No harm in doing it ! The way you shut them up is with proof … ask him to split the cost …

2 Likes

I would so do the test just to prove to him if nothing else is working ,

2 Likes

I’d do test n when he’s proven dad take his butt thru welfare get support n custody agreement n state that you’ve paid for dna per his demands n it should be reimbursed

4 Likes