Should I have more than one baby shower?

My coworker had a baby shower for her son’s gf for just family and she said her friends threw one for her separately. And they were both great. I think it’s up to you I didn’t have one.

1 Like

I had one for each of my kids. It’s a way to celebrate the NEW baby. That baby deserves it just as much as the first.

1 Like

Unbelievable !! Fiirst of all YOU never throw a baby shower for yourself!! If your family and friends decide to, let them. Normally there are baby showers for first babies only but hey in this present grabbing day and age you do what you feel is right!! The shower was never supposed to be for the baby but to set up a new mom who may have nothing.

I’ve never heard that before, I had one for each baby.

I had a baby shower with all 4 of my children. There’s no harm in it , depending on who’s giving it .

It’s whatsoever you want who cares do what you want lol

Have a 2nd one. Screw what others think.

Usually someone else does a shower for you… you can do one for yourself I guess I never had gotten one from anyone so idk lol

My parents and in-laws threw me a shower for both my babies. There’s nothing wrong with having a second one. It’s just a way to celebrate your baby with friends and family and I see nothing wrong with that.

I’m on my 4th and each baby has had a shower!! This one will be no different. It’s fun to get together before baby comes and celebrate.

Well back in the day it was usually just one but now I think and especially if it’s a different sex it would be fine to have another baby shower and if they want to throw one for you I say go for it

I’m on my 4th, due in aug.

I got a shower for my first, 12 years ago. A girl.
I wanted another for my son, he followed 3 years later… but my mom said it was tacky to have more than 1 shower unless the babies were super far apart. I argued it was a different gender, but didn’t get one. His little brother followed 5 years after, no shower… and I’m having my first girl now, in 12 years… no shower. Still thinks it’s tacky…

However it bums me out with every kid…

Do the shower.

You can have a sprinkle shower and make it small and just those special people that want to come

1 Like

Perhaps if it’s a boy it would be ok

Have the baby shower!! I’m on my third kid. Third baby shower!! It’s to celebrate the baby and to get what you need.

You can have one for every baby if you feel like it. Do what you want.

1 Like

I had one for both my kids. Both boys.

Ts ok to have multiple baby showers…

I thought showers were sponsored by friends as a gift.

1 Like

I had one for each of my kids. I loved it. Your celebrating there life.

Geez stop letting people tell you what to do.

1 Like

For your second it’s a ‘sprinkle’ :wink:

2 Likes

Each baby deserves to be celebrated!

5 Likes

There is no rule book. Do what you want. I had one for each of mine.

1 Like

Have the baby shower! Yes it can technically be for “you”, but in reality, it’s a pre birthday party for the baby! Screw the negative people, if they don’t want to come, they don’t have to!

1 Like

I’ve had one for all 3 of kids. Those that love you will want to show love for your baby.

1 Like

I have 3 children… I had 3 baby showers! My children are spaced far apart, but I don’t think that matters!! You deserve a shower for your new baby!!

I’ve had a baby shower for each of my 4 children. All of my babies were celebrated by family and friends :heart:

You do what you want to do.